[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can i cheat at sport using this math tactic? My friend is an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1382441612635.jpg (222KB, 1059x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1382441612635.jpg
222KB, 1059x1600px
Can i cheat at sport using this math tactic?

My friend is an umpire and has to toss a coin at the start of the game and i call heads or tails and if i win i get to choose which way to play and gain an advantage. If i lose the other teams captain chooses and gets an advantage.

I talk to him the night before and he says to me to call heads. (hes helping me cheat)

That night at home he sits there tossing the coin thousands of times until it lands tails 4 times in a row. He then keeps the coin totally still and makes sure it doesn't move until he brings it out for the coin toss at the game the next day.

He asks me what i choose and i say heads. Since the odds of getting 5 tails in a row is incredibly low im certain to get heads and thus win the coin toss and choose the best way to play.

This will work wont it /sci?

I just want to make sure before my friend has to toss the coin thousands of times.
>>
No, this is called something called 'Gambler's fallacy'. Look it up.
>>
STOP MAKING THREADS
>>
>>7767212
The only way this is working is if your friend gets REALLY good at flipping coins accurate on heads or tails.
>>
>what is dependent/independent probability
>>
>>7767212
if your friend does a flip while he tosses the coin, and your friend lands heads down, the coin must land heads up

this is a result of the conservation of angular momentum
>>
>>7767212
This won't work but it is quite easy to get good at flipping coins to a desired outcome. See e.g. E.T.Jaynes "Probability Theory The Logic of Science".
>>
>>7767212
I don't see why it would fail.
>>
>>7767212
The probability of getting heads is the same (50/50) regardless of previous flips.

2/10 made me reply.
>>
>>7767576
You can get good at flipping coins and make it 100% heads.
>>
>I talk to him the night before and he says to me to call heads.
Dude i think he wants to suck your dick
>>
You need to be 18 to post here anon.

Even though I bet this just a shitty troll.
>>
>>7767212
this will definitely work because the chances of it landing 5 times on the same side are 1/(2^5)
which is a 3.125% chance ,therefor it has a 96.875% chance of landing how you want it to land .

i've actually use this trick to cheat on many games multiple times and it works wonderfully .you just have to be very careful with the coin because probability-wise it turning around in your pocket can be considered a toss and ruin your chances .its a very difficult technique to actually get right .
>>
Lol it won't work because rhe probably for TTTTT and TTTTH is the same
>>
>>7767212
how to win at any sport:
>force the other team to win for 1 points
>force them to win for 2 points
>force them to win for 3 points
>... keep doing this ...
>your team wins! even if you had 0 points to begin with
>>
File: 1443152978377.gif (3MB, 300x210px) Image search: [Google]
1443152978377.gif
3MB, 300x210px
>>7767212
AHAHAHAHAHAHA OH PLEASE LET THIS BE REAL
>>
>>7768751
Of course, by Barnett's identity 1+2+3+...=-1/12
The final score being -1/12 to 0
>>
>>7768791
Granted, you will, of course, be playing for possibly a bit longer than expected.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.