[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

North Korea H Bomb claims

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: Atomic_bombing_of_Japan.jpg (2MB, 4918x2918px) Image search: [Google]
Atomic_bombing_of_Japan.jpg
2MB, 4918x2918px
What do you guys think? Does a 5.1 magnitude earthquake sound like a legitimate h bomb test?
>>
What difference does it make what a bunch of pop-sci loving anonymous retards thinks about whether or not the North Koreans posses hydrogen bombs based on any given evidence from the media and/or government agencies?
>>
>>7766150
lost
>>
>>7766143
The presence of radiation is probably the deciding factor.
also /pol/ is that way ^
>>
>>7766183
/pol/ is clearly
<------- that way

Don't send cancer to the wrong boards.
>>
>>7766212
what, i always thought it was this way --->
I wonder hat board I sent people all these years.
>>
>>7766143
It was a boosted bomb, so it did use deuterium/tritium. But it was not a complete tellar ulam fission fussion bomb. Still the fear that rises from this is that they can make their bombs much smaller and lighter with less fissile material so in essence also cheaper. Lighter bombs means they can be mounted on their ICBM's and thats what supposedly needs to strike fear into the pentagon.
>>
lurking to know better about H bomb
>>
>>7766143

yes
but we're denying it only to troll them

the truth is, h-bombs are easy as fuck to construct
>>
Who gives a fuck. Put a fucking great wall around the place and forget about the dick. Deny the sad fat fuck the oxygen of publicity.
>>
>>7766237
Probably /v/, from the looks of it.
>>
>>7766497
They are actually easier to make than a-bombs, and cheaper too. We only made atom bombs first because that was the first idea that sounded cool.
>>
>>7766143
Given South Korea haven't detected any radiation from it, NK most likely just set off a shit-tonne of conventional bombs to fake a H-bomb test. North Korea are way less technically advanced than they pretend to be. If credible intelligence suggested they were a realistic threat, they would have been invaded a while ago by the US (ie. The World Police).
>>
>>7766183
>>7766212
look at the front page homos, its obviously
---------> that way

>>7766143
also, from given experience that was probably just a natural earthquake and North Korea just jumped the oppurtunity to make up some bullshit to make people fear them
>>
>>7766520

>easier

No

>>7766143

5 magnitude earthquake close to the surface would be under 50 kilotons, but more than 1. Fission

Doesn't matter though if it's "only" a A-Bomb. That's the threshold.
>>
So what if they do? There's no way they are flying some old soviet jet into US airspace undetected, and they can't build a rocket that doesnt fall into the middle of the ocean.
>>
>>7766183
>>7766212
>>7766237
>>7766536
So which way is it you double niggers?
>>
>>7766520
I hope you realize that one needs atomic bombs to create a teller-ulam bomb.
>>
>>7766869
All roads lead to /pol/ (or equally retarded places)
>>
File: H.png (474KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
H.png
474KB, 640x480px
>>7766143
>H

lel no
>>
>>7766529
Don't they have real a-bombs though? Wouldn't using one of those be better for faking it than to use conventional explosives?
>>
>>7766628
They could still use it against South Korea or Japan.
>>
>>7766965

They do

It was tested underground at their widely known testing facility under a mountain

No radiation from that
>>
>>7766971

To add:

No radiation in the air to be collected

If they tested a H-Bomb, there's high chance of leakage
>>
>>7766143
The earthquake was too small to be a legitimate h-bomb. We're talking 1,000 times the power of the fission bombs in Japan during WWII.
>>
>>7767159

You generally need around 5.5 magnitude to get into H-Bomb territory for an underground test (50-100 kilotons)

6 is about the start of single digit megatons
>>
>>7766143
You realize satellites can detect a nuclear explosion, right?
>>
>>7766143
It'll blow up in their face, they're like insects
>>
>>7767202
From what I've heard, they detect explosions based on radiation released, which is only really significant for atmospheric explosions. Underground, most of the radiation is absorbed, only the neutrinos get out.
>>
>>7767541
there's plenty of cases where there's accidental releases of radionuclides from underground tests

in theory they contain everything; in practice, kek
>>
>>7766610
>I regurgitated everything from the NPR interview: the post
>>
>>7767541

Satellites detect the flashes of an atmospheric test

Not radiation

You need planes around to scoop it up or wait for it to full on you
>>
>>7767926

What do you mean?

I did the yield calculations myself

H-Bombs require A-Bombs to set off (with lots of precision)
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.