[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you read the most important text in Nutritional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: how-not-to-die.jpg (127KB, 396x630px) Image search: [Google]
how-not-to-die.jpg
127KB, 396x630px
Why haven't you read the most important text in Nutritional Science yet?

Before any of you idiots try to argue against the book without reading it, you might as well stop now. The book has over 2,600 scientific articles referenced to prove its point. I doubt your clumsy arguments are worth even being considered.
>>
Wow dude memes El Em Ayy Oh
>>
>>7765443

?
>>
>>7765443
>>7765456

?
>>
>>7765460
?
>>
File: GoldsteinonGelt.jpg.jpg (163KB, 477x320px) Image search: [Google]
GoldsteinonGelt.jpg.jpg
163KB, 477x320px
Oy vey! Buy my book please. It's totally not PETA and PCRM funded vegan propaganda. Trust me!
>>
>>7765471
Is this what /sci/ can be reduced to? Memes and shitposting on a board about discussing science?
>>
File: life expectancy vs wealth.jpg (132KB, 1093x391px) Image search: [Google]
life expectancy vs wealth.jpg
132KB, 1093x391px
>>7765432
The strongest correlator with health and life expectancy is wealth. This book won't change that.
>>
>>7765479
nobody cares about your vegan crap idiot. this is a science board not a healthy eating seminar
>>
>>7765487
Hmm, I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that rich people can afford the best medicine and the best foods?

>>7765489

It's a plant-based diet, not a vegan one. Besides, this is science, all 2,6000 of those research articles are science. It just so happens that the science supports a plant-based diet.
>>
>>7765496
> plant based diet
> not a vegan one
kek. And tell me which scientific branch studies vegan diets ?
>>
>>7765496
Let's say you are right. Then the book will make no difference to society.
>>
>>7765500
Medicine

>>7765503
It is a common misconception that healthy foods are expensive. In fact, it is probably cheapest to eat a truly healthy diet, of beans, rice, vegetables and fruits. However, with the rise of factory farming, it is much easier to product unhealthy foods such as processed meats, dairy, eggs, red meat, ect...

The problem we are faced with is simply informing everyone about the plant-based diet. Once that is done, people can make their own choices about what they want to eat, but at least they know that the solution is realistic to anyone.
>>
>>7765507
Give us the abstract of all 2600 articles then talk shit.
>>
>>7765507
Hey, argue with this guy >>7765496 cos he is the one who said it, not me. I just said "Let's say you are right", similar to the saying "For argument's sake".
>>
>>7765510

You're just going to have to torrent the book and look at them yourself :) I can't do all of the hand-holding for you
>>
>>7765519
>hey guys this book tells you how to eat proper and it even has a lot of evidence supporting it's claims!
>it just does. torrent it lol
>>
>>7765432
i see this book everywhere.

This is going to be one of those shit books I have a suffer thru just so that i can insult everyone who reads it, isnt it?
>>
>>7765432
Greger is a vegan shill known to cherry pick and favor interpretations of data that further his agenda. Take everything he says with extreme skepticism.
>>
>>7765432
>nutrition
>science

never gets old
>>
>implying there is some good to not dying
>>
>>7766012
>2,600 scientific articles in the book
> over 10,000 scientific articles on his website
>cherry picking
?

>>7765918
I mean, the first step in criticizing something is to know what you are criticizing. Seems like a fair request.
>>
>>7766106
>>7765432
>2,600 scientific articles referenced to prove its point
this is false, about 90% of the articles referenced are for statistics such as x% of Americans have hart attacks, it has nothing to do with nutrition.

of the other 10% most are studies that show some specific food has some specific benefit, like eating apples prevent kidney stones, and so on.

only a small number of articles actually support his no-meat whole plant diet.

And some articles he lists contradict other studies I know about, so I dont know who to balieve.

There is definitely some cherry picking going on in the book.
>>
File: dsfdsffds.png (68KB, 657x565px) Image search: [Google]
dsfdsffds.png
68KB, 657x565px
>>7765432
This book recommends drinking AT LEAST 4 cups of coffee a day, isnt that much caffeine known to be bad for you?
>>
>>7767572
Except that is completely wrong. Why are you so upset that you want to argue against a book you've never read?
>>
>>7767586
ive read it, what part of that is wrong?
>>
>>7767616
THAT MEAT IS MURDER YOU CRUEL PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>7767574
It prevents cardiovascular disease pretty well, and that's what kills the most people. It increases blood pressure though, which creates a different bouquet of issues. Oh and that's enough caffeine to disable a lot of people psychologically.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.