[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There is literally nothing wrong with studying theoretical physics.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: And.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
And.gif
2MB, 300x290px
There is literally nothing wrong with studying theoretical physics. All engineers here are just pseudo-intellects who boast about their "god tier" subjects and shun physics.
>>
>>7763915
>I want to study something applied!
>Study engineering!

>I want to study something pure!
>Study mathematics!

>I haven't made up my mind because I am a fuck-up of a human being who will literally never accomplish anything
>Study physics!
>>
>>7763944
Yeah because who wants to study the fundamental structure of our universe when we can build some useless robots or study a bunch of arrows pointing at letters.
>>
>>7763964
>not studying pure mathematics to then go to grad school in theoretical physics and immediately be better than any physics major

>not studying engineering to then go to grad school in experimental physics and immediately be better at everything than any physics major
>b-but then you'd have to take remedial classes

Who cares? You graduate with your dissertation. You will probably get your shit together faster and be able to publish your research first.
>>
File: DanBackslide-405348_604_358.jpg (92KB, 604x358px) Image search: [Google]
DanBackslide-405348_604_358.jpg
92KB, 604x358px
I agree. Physics is alright, but if you study any field of Biology then you should be lined up against a wall and shot. There is absolutely nothing to be gained from studying the life sciences.
>>
>>7763971
Since when were we talking about undergrad majors.?
>>
>>7763982

Except the solution to the whole dying-issue and stuff like that.
>>
>>7763971
>>not studying pure mathematics to then go to grad school in theoretical physics and immediately be better than any physics major

Why not just do both? If you are going to be following the more theoretical track in a physics undergrad program, the overlap with a mathematics program should be huge and getting both degrees not terribly difficult. You then get the training to develop your physical intuition as well as a better grasp on the mathematics.
>>
>>7763915
Engineers don't even consider themselves intellectuals, never have never have never will, because they don't need to pretend to be contributing to society in some vague intangible way to suck cock for funding like those faggots in the philosophy department. They don't need to this because it's the most successful discipline in human history that has shown the most valuable and tangible real results and ended up providing such powerful tools which found more fundamental answers than two thousand years of deductive guess work ever could.

Stop being insecure. Intellectualism is dead anyway. We positivism now.

Artes Mechanicae master race.

Lib arts can suck my cock (right after bringing me my coffee, you stupid faggots).
>>
>>7764047
B-but this discussion isn't about lib arts...
>>
>>7763982
Yeah fuck modern medicine right? Right guys?
>>
>>7764047
>Engineers don't even consider themselves intellectuals
Holy shit this has to be b8.
The amount of fedora tipping hyper atheist "debate me" engineer/comsci memers I run into is way higher than any other major.
>>
>>7764065
>studying biology to get into medicine

HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Take a look at this graph:
http://www.oswego.edu/Images/biology/mackenzie/Fig%201.jpg

I'd be a better doctor AND I'd have more chances of becoming a doctor simply because I study mathematics

AND I DON'T EVEN WANT TO BE A DOCTOR!
>>
>>7764074
>The world revolves around america's educational system
>>
>>7764076
Well, considering that america is one of the biggest and most populated countries and also gives degrees that are very valuable and recognized internationally for various disciplines I'd say that if math majors can make it into medicine in the US, there is no reason why math is objectively better for medicine all over the world.

Unless you want to claim every person in charge of med school admission is a retard.
>>
>>7764080
The knowledge about the human body and it's diseases and how to treat those have come from biological and medical research, not from math majors trying to get rich
>>
Experimental Physics>Theoretical in almost every discernible way
>>
>>7764086
You are right.

I have you thank you biologists for creating a platform in which I am a more favourable candidate than yourself.

But really, I thank you because back in the day mathematicians were too busy with actual important stuff so they would have never gotten the time to fuck around with dead human bodies.
>>
File: DHS-_Casper_Van_Dien.jpg (97KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
DHS-_Casper_Van_Dien.jpg
97KB, 500x600px
OFFICIAL MAJOR RANKINGS:

Any Major you love > Any Major you do for job security > Any Major you do to impress anons on a FBI honeypot image board
>>
>>7764096
This is true but here we are not measuring majors on personal preference. And if you actually like your major then there is no reason why you should care about we shitting on it... unless there is a voice in the back of your mind telling you that maybe you don't enjoy the subject as much as you have convinced yourself...

But you know, who cares.
>>
>>7764070
>Unironically talking to freshman comp"""sci""" majors
Why?
>>
>>7764076
>>7764080
>>7764086
Medicine is only difficult to get into the US anyway.

Everywhere else it's a normal undergrad degree.
>>
File: fangs-350x274.jpg (27KB, 350x274px) Image search: [Google]
fangs-350x274.jpg
27KB, 350x274px
>>7763944
>>
>>7764102
Is that so? At least here in Sweden, med school is the hardest program to get into.
>>
File: RDJ-in-Tropic-Thunder-1.jpg (44KB, 338x414px) Image search: [Google]
RDJ-in-Tropic-Thunder-1.jpg
44KB, 338x414px
>>7763982
This ni??a done went full retard.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.