[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /sci/ think of Khan Academy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: khac.png (6KB, 142x200px) Image search: [Google]
khac.png
6KB, 142x200px
What does /sci/ think of Khan Academy?
>>
Good introduction to some subjects, but not much more than that.
>>
I like it. I don't use it much, but I think services like that in general are awesome--definitely a step in the right direction. The internet is an awesome platform for education, but distributing education over the internet is still in its early days.
>>
>>7763428
I plan to learn at least calculus thanks to it
>>
It's pretty great. I throw $50 at them once a year as a nod of approval.

I think they probably need to organise the site a bit better. Things are sometimes not necessarily in the order they should be if you want to learn a topic progressively video-by-video.
>>
learned more from khan academy than any of my high school teachers
>>
Its pretty good up until your freshman year of college. Afterwards you can just use youtube lectures
>>
It's good if the details of the problem trip you up as he skips nothing.

Math autists will huff at the pace, but it's a really solid site that covers material well.
>>
He only goes through the easy shit and skips the hard shit. Can be useful for an introduction I suppose.
>>
File: portallogo.jpg (38KB, 952x82px) Image search: [Google]
portallogo.jpg
38KB, 952x82px
Much better in my opinion; it's just not free like Khan Academy.
>>
>>7763431
autist detected.
>>
>>7763649
please elaborate
>>
>>7763428
10/10
>>
Khan Acadameme
>>
Textbooks are better. Lectures on khan academy are an inefficiant use of your time because he literally takes 10 minutes to explain shit that can be read off a textbook page in 1 minute and the rest of the 9 minutes can be spent practising.
>>
>>7763649
You've got problems bro
>>
>>7763428
It's useful for people who are struggling, especially in high school

It doesn't provide deep or rigorous or complete education but that's not what it's best at, and if you want that you should be somewhere else.

It does a very good job of basic tutorials on things

Not a big fan of how complicated they've made it with turning it into a game and all the fancy graphics and shit but part of that is me being a stuck-up purist
>>
>>7765132
I only use Khan Academy if I aleady read the textbook and didn't get it right away. Also, you can skip parts of the videos.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.