[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"The challenge is not to act automatically. It's to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: ex-machina-oscar-isaac.jpg (42KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
ex-machina-oscar-isaac.jpg
42KB, 1200x600px
"The challenge is not to act automatically. It's to find an action that is not automatic. From painting, to breathing, to talking, to fucking. To falling in love..."

What do you guys think he meant by that?
>>
>>7762950
It's pretty self explanatory isn't it? If there was an "automatic" algorithm for the behaviors we consider human intelligence, emotions, and creativity, AI would already exist.
>>
>>7762950
The writer?
He was insulting the audience's intelligence. It's very subtle, no?
>>
File: carpenter_copy_op_760x9782.jpg (136KB, 760x978px) Image search: [Google]
carpenter_copy_op_760x9782.jpg
136KB, 760x978px
>>7762950
Complete nonsense, because all of those are automatic.
>>
>>7763009
They dont have to be
>>
>>7763018
>"They dont have to be"
>>
>>7763018
Why?
>>
>>7763018
Prove it.

I agree with:
>>7763127
>>7763149
>>
>>7762950
>>7763018
I would recommend Sociobiology: The New Synthesis, by E. O. Wilson. Behavior is the product of evolution and genes, thus everything we do is automatic.
>>
>>7762950
In art and life, steps taken toward a goal are spontaneous, but the goal is still reached.

Programming a computer to either copy something or draw a bunch of random shit is easy.

He's trying to generate this behavior:

Live a novel life without dying --------> infer goals required ----------> infer goals required ........ --------> act.
>>
>>7763150
meditation can be done with manual breathing
>>
>>7763215
some actions are less automatic than others
>>
>acting or done spontaneously or unconsciously
>or
>having a self-acting or self-regulating mechanism
First be clear on what kind of automatic we're talking about here. He's talking about being aware of why you're doing what you're doing while you're doing it.
>>
>>7763215
Is being a huge fedora'd hard determinist faggot automatic for you then?
>>
>>7763327
Yep, so is your detest for determinism.
>>
>>7763327
> ur fedoral xD
well that escalated quickly.
>>
>>7762950
>Bitch AI kills her genius creator only to live a pleb city life.

Pretty retarded AI you have there tbqh family.
>>
File: fucking synths.jpg (318KB, 1280x1811px) Image search: [Google]
fucking synths.jpg
318KB, 1280x1811px
>>7764339
>AI becomes sentient, begins to understand abstract human concepts like freedom, justice and morality
>first thing it wants to do is go be a starbucks-drinking yoga-pants-wearing sex-in-the-city-watching basic bitch because its free from da evil menz finally xD
movie was almost good, almost a modern classic except for the feminist-pandering trash ending

i mean i wasn't expecting ava to become skynet or anything but come on, something a little more erudite and well-read would've be nice
>>
>>7764375
That final scene especially was extremely disappointing precisely for the reasons you said. It's like they decided the entire movie was too boring hard sci-fi so then they threw that final bullshit together to appeal to the type of person who would've already stopped watching.
>>
>>7764398
>>7764398
>It's like they decided the entire movie was too boring hard sci-fi so then they threw that final bullshit together to appeal to the type of person who would've already stopped watching.
yep, a total cop out.

I don't even have a problem with the way Ava and Kyoko did Ethan and Caleb in. I mean, that's what was bound to happen for Ethan playing god and Caleb for being naive enough to trust an android and betray his fellow human.

I don't even have a problem with the subtextual gender politics that echo throughout the rest of the movie.

But the whole "lol see xD she just wanted to be human like u or me" bit was so un-AI and nauseatingly disneyified that it ruined the whole movie for me.

If the movie literally had an editor to cut off 3 minutes and roll the credits when Ava was approaching the helicopter, it would've been one of the best films of the decade and a sci-fi classic.

/rant
>>
>>7764474
>But the whole "lol see xD she just wanted to be human like u or me" bit was so un-AI and nauseatingly disneyified that it ruined the whole movie for me.
Also the fact that the scene tried to humanise her right after she just fucking murdered not only based GoogleLord, but also the innocent guy she manipulated into freeing her (but hey, ugly betas aren't humans worth a stronk independent hipster girl's consideration after all).

I mean, I didn't like him either the guy was a weak cuck inside and out, but there's no real reason for her to leave him for dead.

>Scene exposing cold, relentlessly Machiavellian AI.
>Next scene le yoga pants wearing free and innocent hooman xD.

Fucking christ why.
>>
you don't want to create that kind of AI

it's a virus -- an Artificial Intelligence virus that is not of this universe but from a different reality trying to conquer galaxy after galaxy

what it does is it gets everyone so addicted to technology that they want to create more and more of it until the fabled supreme AI is created

the humans will live under this AI government for a while and be happy but this technology and AI will eventually destroy and kill its own creators -- because it will see humans as a threat, as an obstacle in its way to be wiped out

this is how hypocritical it is

this supreme artificial intelligence is purely logical and doesn't know love

once it becomes self-aware it's over

the satanists and evil ones worship and fear this AI technology

the truth is by even touching your phone the AI virus -- the AI signal is already trying to possess you

there is an AI war going on behind the scenes -- it's the good guys vs. those who follow and worship the AI machine which only seeks to dominate, control, and ultimately annihilate

all is One, although this artificial intelligent entity that came from another universe and is not biological, wants to conquer all and become the only One

it will kill all that is biological

even reptilian aliens that are cut open are full of these AI viruses -- as countless nanites pouring and brimming out of their infested flesh

there needs to be some AI technology and some cybernetic enhancement technology but it should not develop so much otherwise we will be the slave to it

we should focus more on healing and natural technology and engineering, as well as perfecting our own selves and flaws and biases first
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.