[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We pretend we're /sci/ in 1890

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 10

File: boltzmann.jpg (87KB, 490x600px) Image search: [Google]
boltzmann.jpg
87KB, 490x600px
>atoms and molecules are discrete "particles" made of...uh, stuff
What a fucking quack. In 126 years he is going to be remembered as an example of extreme stupidity in academia.
>>
>go to rocklab
>smash 2 rocks together
>get smaller rock
>smash smaller rock with smaller rock
>get pebble
>smash pebble together
>pebble no break

Ooga booga! pebble am elementary particle!
>>
>>7762120
I, too, read SMBC :^)
>>
File: james-clerk-maxwell.jpg (59KB, 320x400px) Image search: [Google]
james-clerk-maxwell.jpg
59KB, 320x400px
>>7762113
>muh aether clouds!
STFU Kelvin. I bet you didn't even understand the H-theorem. Faggot.
>>
Those Michelson and Morley guys are rustling my jimmies, how can the speed of light be the same relative to everyone it makes no darn sense
>>
>>7762113
[math]
\frac{\partial (\rho u_{i})}{\partial t} + \frac{\partial[\rho u_{i}u_{j}]}{\partial x_{j}} = -\frac{\partial p}{\partial x_{i}} + \frac{\partial \tau_{ij}}{\partial x_{j}} + \rho f_{i}[/math]

Well guys I think we're fucking done here. Good work. Yeah it's nonlinear but it should only take the boys in the math department a few more years to get some general solutions.
>>
You hear about that asshole Planck? Couldn't get his data to fit any curve until he just made up some number he named after himself. What a cunt.
>>
>>7762131
kek
>>
>>7762113
Hey /sci/, no aether guy here...
>>
Who /machian physics/ here?

This guy is a fucking genius. There's no way someone can overshadow him.
>>
File: 1926.jpg (81KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1926.jpg
81KB, 640x480px
>>7762159
funny thing though (to speak a word of true trivia in this thread), he called it "h" for "Hilfskonstante" in this sense, i.e. "helping constant"

In my notes I consider it a unitless constant pretty consistency, i.e. equate Joule and Hertz and it makes most formulas much easier to read
>>
File: image.jpg (28KB, 343x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28KB, 343x450px
>tfw [math]\mathbb R^n[/math] has the power of the continuum
>>
Hey guys, so we know that light travels at like 300 000 km/s right? Well what would happen if I was going this fast and pointed a lamp backwards? Would someone else see it as a stationary object?
>>
>>7762113
GUYS GUYS
A POINTWISE LIMITS OF CONTINUOUS FUNCTIONS IS NOT NECESSARILY CONTINUOUS

HOLY FUCKING SHIT MAÎTRE CAUCHY WAS WRONG

WHAT A MONGOLOÏD WANKER
>>
>>7763638
Would someone see light as a stationary object? No, that's impossible.
>>
>>7763626

Haha, thou codpiece
>>
>>7763638
Why is everyone trying to relate light to electromagnetism?? They're not even the same thing. Don't tell me you believe that bullshit "electromagnetic wave" thing Hertz is babbling about.
>>
Im dying of tuberculosis, /sci/. So much for the life sciences and modern medicine. You fell for the meme degree
>>
>>7763638
You can't go at c.
As you approached it, someone on earth would see the light of the lamp extremely redshifted (maybe even in the radio spectrum).

On a side note, would we see the spaceship slowed down? Every second we would see the spaceship move by 0.5 light seconds instead of 1, because it takes 0.5 s for the light to travel the 0.5 light seconds the spaceship travelled before.
>What did I get wrong?
>>
>>7762131
Get to discretize it and code it to my compu... Crap i have not created it!
>>
File: Albert_Einstein_as_a_child.jpg (89KB, 379x533px) Image search: [Google]
Albert_Einstein_as_a_child.jpg
89KB, 379x533px
>>7762113
Prepare to get btfo .
>>
>>7762113
Matter is made up of fields, not particles.

Fields are what reality is made of, particles are what you see when you "look" at the fields.

What is light..? Wave, particle? Both?

It's a wave on a field.
>>
Quarternions are the greatest mathematical breakthrough since fucking complex numbers. I swear to god in the future people will only use quarternions as ground fields for everything, just wait and see.
>>
File: kronecker_leopold_2.jpg (46KB, 600x388px) Image search: [Google]
kronecker_leopold_2.jpg
46KB, 600x388px
By now it's pretty obvious to anyone with a brain and a stake in mathematics' future that the theory of real numbers does not work

Modern pure mathematics is an infinitist hoax that encourages non-rigorous thinking and imprecise definitions such as "algebraic number fields" and "complex numbers".

We must save mathematics from this so-called "axiom of choice" by returning to constructivist finitism. With this, we will bring increased rigour, an increased role for number theory and a more combinatorial, finite approach to topology.
>>
>>7764279
>>7764282

Math is just a game. It's not important. Monkeys can count.
>>
File: arithmometer.png (1MB, 1092x552px) Image search: [Google]
arithmometer.png
1MB, 1092x552px
Can you believe that rube actually attended an institute of higher learning just to learn how to operate a glorified music box?

How foolish can these lowly computers be? Do they actually think that they have the same training as a scholar of mathematics or even an average gymnasium student?
>>
>>7764208
Please this is really bothering me
>>
>>7764278
Pfft, look at this nujob. Probably a fucking undergrad.
>>
>>7764305
>gymnasium
Hei svenske. :^)
>>
>>7764278
Nigga u high af
>>
>>7764208
Yes
>>
>thought the thread said 1980
>was confused as fuck the whole time
I guess a poor commoner like me cannot read well. Must I go back to the watering hole.
>>
Verily I say towards this community and its outstanding contribution to the sciences; apropos, have you all seen my knickers?
>>
File: farraday.jpg (6KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
farraday.jpg
6KB, 194x259px
take a look at this neanderthal.

>muh fields
>muh electromagnetism
>>
File: 400px-Anaxagoras_Lebiedzki_Rahl.jpg (44KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
400px-Anaxagoras_Lebiedzki_Rahl.jpg
44KB, 400x533px
The sun is actually a giant piece of hot metal that moves across the sky. Cold metal can still be the same hot metal, but the hot metal increases with volume, that is, it's mass/volume is decreased. So it's safe to assume that the reduction of mass over a column of air infers the sun is actually a really, really hot piece of metal.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.