[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain me, why a machine like the one in the picture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

Can someone explain me, why a machine like the one in the picture does not work?

I know the law that energy can not be created, please dont tell me that. Science isnt about following rules, it is about finding new ones, right?
Even if these machines dont work, they should work for a limited amount of time right? Why not? It is powered by gravity, which is seemingly some kind of infinite force(i somehow know that that probably is not correct, sorry for my lack of knowledge).
If we connect it with a generator, people say that the its resistance will stop the machine. But there already is the friction of the machine itself! Couldnt we just build it bigger so that the resiatance of the generator becomes less relevant?

Please dont see this as some kind of conspiration theory or whatever, I just want to understand why exactly it does not work.
>>
Friction and air resistance
>>
>>7761666
but it does work. just not forever but if we scale it up for a couple of years maybe?
>>
>>7761668
yea sure, what's your point?
>>
>>7761673
why dont we use them?

We could improve them, like using them in a vacuum, minimize friction and stuff like that...
>>
>>7761676
Then what? What should we use them for? Decoration?
>>
>>7761668
why does it work, doesnt the lower half rotate the wheel in opposite direction?
>>
Because gravity is a conservative field and you need just as much energy to push the balls up as they release when they fall/roll down.
>>
>>7761684
i mean the right side, not lower half, as the ball fall it should pull the right side of wheel down, which is opposite to the left side.
>>
>>7761682
Of course we use them to fool gullible idiots like OP!
>>
>>7761665

Count the number of balls on the left and the right. There are fewer on the left and they are farther out. There are more on the right and they aee closer to the middle. I think if you add all of the torques, the wheel is balanced.
>>
See this anon.
https://youtu.be/4b8ZsFszE8I
>>
>>7761665
>It is powered by gravity, which is seemingly some kind of infinite force
Found your problem right here, Opie.
Gravity isn't a power source, it's like a spring, or a battery.
You can only get out energy that's put in somewhere else.
Even a mill water-wheel is just getting back energy put into the system when sunshine evaporates water, causing it to rise up into the atmosphere.
>>
>>7761665
Inventor failed to take rotary motion of the balls into account. Speeding up their spin and then stopping it consumes energy which is dissipated as heat when they stop (hit the wall).
Other than that they travel up the same distance as down, so net energy gain is zero.
>>
File: 79b99b00e5679b601e6726a8d280bb8b.jpg (530KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
79b99b00e5679b601e6726a8d280bb8b.jpg
530KB, 1000x1000px
they do but they look a bit different
>>
>>7761729
how the hell fusion physics come up with such awesome names for their stuff. Tokamak, Stellator.
Cyclotron, betatron have nothing on it. And space stuff? ISS, SSME? Well, maybe Falcon, Saturn, but they really have nothing on Stellator.
>>
With a tedius calculation you could use Newtons laws to figure out it cannot work.
>>
>>7761761

because the machine is as awesome as the name
>>
however big that machine is, it is near equilibriumin force so you can't "take" any power from it to charge your battery. it would just stop rotating.
>>
The whole point that stupid niggers like you are missing is that you can't get energy out of something just moving. That's right, even though generators spin, that's not all they do. Generating electricity, powering a mill, etc. produces reaction forces that tend to slow down your stupid balanced, frictionless spinning wheel.

You have to put in a bit of energy to start it spinning from a stop, and then you get that energy out when you hook the generator up to it. Nothing more. Real generators are constantly forced to spin by water, explosions, whatever, and the energy from this is that comes out the other end as electricity.

Any passive contraption is, at best, a convoluted frictionless flywheel. If you do the math to figure out the amount of force you get from falling balls, you will find that it's equal to the force you need to raise the other ones up.
>>
>>7761676

I imagine you are trying to generate energy from said device. Let's go with electricity. Once a generator or alternator starts...well, generating, it creates a load, which is friction that cannot be stopped by putting it in a vacuum or whatever.
>>
>>7761768

Or just use an energy balance like a non-aspie.
>>
Sum of moments about the centre = 0
>>
>>7761676
Ever heard of a flywheel?
That's used to store mechanical energy?
That's almost exactly what you're describing.
>>
File: DT.gif (3KB, 142x142px) Image search: [Google]
DT.gif
3KB, 142x142px
A dark torque machine will accelerate.
>>
File: 1451060235851.png (18KB, 315x274px) Image search: [Google]
1451060235851.png
18KB, 315x274px
>>7761665
>Even if these machines dont work, they should work for a limited amount of time right? Why not? It is powered by gravity, which is seemingly some kind of infinite force(i somehow know that that probably is not correct, sorry for my lack of knowledge).
It will work for some amount of time and stops after all the energy you gave it in the first spin will be used to move air, emit sounds, heat up hinge etc. It's not powered by gravity, it's powered by you if you spin it first, otherwise it won't move at all.
>If we connect it with a generator, people say that the its resistance will stop the machine. But there already is the friction of the machine itself! Couldnt we just build it bigger so that the resiatance of the generator becomes less relevant?
In perfect world, you would get as much energy from generator as you put into the machine. It would be more efficient to just spin generator on your own though.
>>
>>7763084
Didn't even get past the first sentence, have fun never being taken seriously because of your arrogance.
>>
>>7761706
>Pysics GIRL
I fucking hate this. Why do women shout that they should be treated as equals when they make a big fucking deal of just studying physics? No one in the physics department cares if you have a vagina or that you don't look like a failed abortion. If you say you are a special snowflake people ar not going to treat you the same.
>>
>>7764005
bill nye the science GUY
>>
>>7764009
Kek you got me, but you know what I mean.Bill Nye was really neutral in his show and tried to inspire both male and female kids, this girl has that feel that gamur gurls give making a big fucking deal about being girl and into physics. i've encountered many of these cunts who actually do not take physics seriously or with a great deal of passion.
>>
>>7761665
Don't worry i'm a retard and i have perfect explenation of this phenomenon
>you fap, hand gets tired, you lose energy, result you can't fap forever
>mobile spins, get tired, lose energy, stops
>>
>>7764054
Friction is making objects tired you should know
>>
>>7761706
>there's a reason this doesn't work
>well physics
>but friction
pretty sure friction is a part of physics.
>>
>>7764421
So you are socially awkward. You don't understand why her outburst of physics is separate from butt friction. The initial outburst was an inb4 while friction was an elaboration I the concept.
>>
File: hi_ufo.jpg (4KB, 147x147px) Image search: [Google]
hi_ufo.jpg
4KB, 147x147px
>>7763451
Left alone, a type 2 machine will accelerate until some limiting action kicks in,
else contraption disintegrates.
>>
>>7761665
No it does not work at all. Yes if you spin it, it will spin until it stops spinning just like any other wheel. If you don't spin it it will not start by itself. It will not spin better than if it didn't have that retarded design. The balls on the left are farther out. On the right there are more balls.

Perpetual motion machines are impossible. Gravity is a conservative vector field. If you want to make things up and not have to follow the rules you should get into the soft "sciences" or humanities.
>>
>>7764005
you are a true drama queen, dude
>>
>>7763953
But he's right, you dicksucking asshole
>>
>>7761665
It works as a fancy flywheel.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.