[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become better at math? I absolutely hate math and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 2-25.jpg (14KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
2-25.jpg
14KB, 1000x750px
How do I become better at math? I absolutely hate math and I am not very good.
>>
>>7759219
If you hate it, you won't be good at it. Go in with an open mind.
Honestly I'd suggest starting with some basic proofs, they're confusing but really intriguing. If you acquire a taste for it you'll naturally want to build your skills.
>>
Why do you want to be good at it if you hate it?
>>
File: Palp_trustme.jpg (180KB, 1529x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Palp_trustme.jpg
180KB, 1529x1200px
>>7759219
>not using that hate to gain power
>>
>>7759245
But hate clouds the mind
>>
>>7759223
This right here. After taking a few math courses at uni I wish I were actually going for a math major.

What my problem was before the courses (and sadly still is) is the fact I were lazy when algebra was taught in high school.

Also offtopic: any book recommendation for self studying algebra?
>>
>>7759277
Once you find one torrent it. I torrented a book i needed for an online class once.
>>
>>7759277
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBbtoFMJvFc
>>
File: fat-asian-guy-o.gif (1MB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
fat-asian-guy-o.gif
1MB, 240x180px
>he hasn't been doing advanced algebra and analytic geometry from the tender age of 8
>>
ITT: Math shills
>>
>>7759293
Well that video was good, thanks.
>>
>>7759219
there are several types of math that one can do, I hated algebra initially, then I grew a taste for it after a while.Just find the type that is right for you
>>
>>7759277
At the level of high school algebra, you need rote practice and repitition more than anything else.

Find any algebra book (if you ask a high school they might let your borrow one) and just do problems. Move on to the next topic after you get the point.

If you find everything boring and you're acing it, then move on. If you find everything boring and you're making dumb errors consistently, either suck it up and continue practicing or throw in the towel. You can advance if you want, but it's tough to build a skyscraper with a cardboard foundation.
>>
>>7759219
Look into it and have it explained in different ways/perspectives until you find a way to love it despite sucking at it. Once you love it, you're set.
>>
It's luck basically. There's two options: you understand it, or you don't. Therefore the odds of understanding it are 50/50. Not much you can do
>>
>>7759245
I kekd but Palpatine didn't hate the dark side which is why it doesn't work
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.