[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are universities getting dumbed down?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 26

File: collegeparty.jpg (94KB, 410x282px) Image search: [Google]
collegeparty.jpg
94KB, 410x282px
Are universities getting dumbed down?
>>
Is this even a question anymore?
>>
>>7756366
What the fuck you talking about? I'm a CS major and university is hard as fuck. They force us to take math classes with letters instead of numbers and we have to write fizzbuzz programs. Only the smartest students can do this.
>>
>>7756378
Sadly, lots of CS majors aren't far beyond that. I say this as a CS major.
>>
>>7756378
Pffft you just wait until they start with pointers
>>
>>7756378
>>7756381
>>7756383

Yeah fuck you guys. My CS degree requires complicated subject matter like feedback control of dynamical systems, numerical analysis in the context of optimization.
Alternatively, You can also take the machine learning track. Something that takes you into stochastic analysis, NLP, and DSP
>>
>posts a picture of students guzzling beer
>implies marination of brain tissue might be a factor
>doesn't realize that states have gradually raised the drinking age from 18 to 21 in the past few decades
>>
>>7756411
>Americans can die in a war before they are allowed to have a beer.

Why do you hate freedom?
>>
>>7756403
I didn't mean to imply CS is a shit degree. Great degrees exist and many CS majors are very smart. Lots of CS majors basically learn to code business apps in Java and little else, though, and that's a shame.
>>
>>7756415

I think there were some studies done that determined that alcohol could harm a person disproportionately, the younger they were, all the way up to age 21-25ish by interfering with the body and brain's early development. So that's why they banned it at those ages I think.
>>
>>7756451
by that logic, weed should be legal for all people over the age of 65.
>>
I hate every single one of you
>>
There are an ever reducing number of top tier jobs and research positions. The rise of the East will cut these more. University education is now a banking function, get the proles in debt at a young age.
>>
>>7756465
I too wonder where do these retards come from.
>>
>>7756403
>feedback control of dynamical systems, numerical analysis in the context of optimization.
I've taken those classes, they aren't that hard. CS majors sure are good at making themselves sound smart.
>>
>>7756366

Yes. Every year students are dumber than the year before.
>>
>>7756417
>Great degrees exist

They do not.

>many CS majors are very smart

They fucking aren't. The only smart people that mistakenly majored in CS hate everyone else with a burning passion.
>>
>>7756451
I often wonder how underrated the negative effects of alcohol is.

Was the study about gradual consumption or "shitfaced" levels of alcohol consumption.
>>
>>7756378
I know you are being sarcastic, but my friend unironically said to me "I'm good at math but once you add the alphabet I don't understand shit"
he's 24 and is planning to go to CS after next summer. he's just doing it for vidya
>>
File: CS' proud retard.png (17KB, 1041x148px) Image search: [Google]
CS' proud retard.png
17KB, 1041x148px
>>7756494

Welcome to the world of CS
>>
>>7756366
Absolutely not. Ask your professors what GPAs they had to get into grad school. The answer is normally a 3.2 or a 3.3 for someplace like MIT. Now it is a 4.0 to be considered. Read biographies of famous scientists and realize how much free time they had in college. That is just in the sciences. In the other soft fields things are getting much easier. English majors no longer need to be able to read any other language besides English
>>
>>7756517
lel
>>
>>7756517
That has to be a false flagger. I don't think a true retard can get an art degree, never mind CS. I mean, think about how retarded half the population with double digits are. Now imagine 30 points below that. Fuck no. It's a troll.
>>
>In earlier times, a United Kingdom math degree you needed to learn german as well as part of the curriculum (because fuck, germany dominated the math domain back then)
>Funny enough they don't have to learn german anymore in math nowadays in UK

Time's changing honeys
>>
>>7756522
You're assuming 0 grade inflation
>>
>>7756556

Have you seen how horrifyingly retarded CS majors are and ridiculously easy their coursework is? I say it's possible.
>>
>>7756464

Except it might fry their lungs faster than their heart can kill them.

>>7756493

I wonder the same thing because I like to drink occasionally but only to the level of the numb "buzz" which I assume, which I hope, is the best return on divestment.

From my research it matters a lot if your alcohol has as little as possible in the form of methanol and fusel oils. So there's that too.
>>
>>7756451
I wonder what studies say about people as young as 18 killing people and seeing people killed...
:^)
>>
>>7756565
It used to be the case that you needed to be able to read German to do any worthwhile scientific research because so much was published in German. Then shortly after WW2, speaking German was made illegal for a while in many states of the US (land of the free, lol). This put a significant dent in German being used in scientific papers, because no American scientists wanted to be caught with a bunch of papers written in German. It never really recovered, and English is now the primary language for scientific papers.
>>
>CS degree still exists and is widely taken
Yes OP, they are.
>>
>>7756366
Those that drink, stay up late, and have lots of sex are actually more intelligent.

1) http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/research-shows-intelligent-people-stay-up-late-do-more-drugs-and-have-more-sex/
>>
>>7756658
Bullshit, liberal propaganda.
>>
>>7756366
Colleges and universities are turning into tuition farms.

TRIGGER WARNING:

https://www.brown.edu/academics/english/COURSES/detail?term=201510&crn=15624
https://www.english.upenn.edu/courses/undergraduate/2015/spring/engl111.301
http://catalog.oberlin.edu/preview_course_nopop.php?catoid=22&coid=39686
http://courses.cornell.edu/preview_course_nopop.php?catoid=12&coid=95399
http://www.oxy.edu/critical-theory-social-justice/courses (180 - Stupidity)
http://catalog.pitzer.edu/preview_program.php?catoid=2&poid=151&print (ASAM 077 PZ -Tattoos in American Popular Culture )
http://womens-studies.rutgers.edu/undergraduate/courses
http://sites.gsu.edu/jgayles/2015/01/14/kanye-versus-everbody-new-spring-2015-english-course/
http://clas.uiowa.edu/american-studies/spring-2015-american-studies-courses (The American Vacation)
https://www.coursera.org/course/abortion
http://firstyearseminar.appstate.edu/what-if-harry-potter-real
www.cavalierdaily.com/article/2010/09/gaga-for-gaga/
http://www.starzlife.com/20101102/new-college-class-on-lady-gaga/
http://courses.georgetown.edu/index.cfm?Action=View&CourseID=PHIL-180&AcademicYear=2007
http://techcrunch.com/2007/09/14/california-college-offers-learning-from-youtube-class/

Fuck it, I'm not posting the rest, this shit is just fucking terrible.
>>
>>7756709
>What if Harry Potter is real
top kek
>>
>>7756658
>spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com
Sound like a reliable source. GTFO to /x you faggot.
>>
>>7756709
But meme degrees are just there to fund STEM equipment and scholarships. Stop hating on them.
>>
>>7756755
They're there to fund the sports teams you autist. No one cares about some shitty lab
>>
>>7756709
>https://www.coursera.org/course/abortion
>44 million abortions were done in 2008

For fucks sake /sci/, hold me. I was all for abortion because I thought it was a good solution for little mistakes. I thought that at most like 100 women would have abortions because you can just fucking buy condoms but ffs...

44 million? IN 2008? How many were performed in 2015? I don't even want to think about.

And what is even worse
>I thought this course was a med school class about the medical procedure of abortion. As in an actual learning process where you would be trained to perform them.
>NOPE
>It is some fucked up shit to rationalize abortion.
>Right there it says that they will bring women who have aborted (I'm sure they were easy to find) and they will share their experiences about why it is 'ok' to abort.

NO. FUCK NO.

If you don't want a baby you SHOULD abort but you SHOULD NEVER feel proud about it and rationalize it.

This is unreal.
>>
>Be CS at SDSU
>3.98 GPA because classes are easy as shit
M8s, is my school/degree shit? I'm starting to think I made a mistake. I hate all the retarded faggots in my classes
>>
>>7756780
>classes are easy as shit
>I hate all the retarded faggots in my classes

Everyday I come to /sci/ someone reminds me that it was a good decision to study mathematics instead of computer science.

Better classmates, better professors, better classes, more varied job market, as preferable as a CS grad in software companies.

Feels good family. Just gotta remember to practice my programming whenever I can.
>>
File: job-interview.jpg (20KB, 292x219px) Image search: [Google]
job-interview.jpg
20KB, 292x219px
>>7756755
>>7756709
>meme degrees

Can you imagine, 5 years after graduating. Waiting for the interviewer to finish reading your resume when he asks, "I see you have the degree 'GaGa for Gaga: Sex, Gender, and Identity,' and I was wondering how you think this will help with your job here at Express Scripts?"

How do you respond?
>>
>>7756777
>Around the world, 43.8 million abortions were done in 2008
>Around the world

Really not that many
>>
>>7756793
>Really not that many

No, fuck you. Fuck you Anita Sarkeesian.

There is no fucking excuse for 44 million mistakes a year. There is a reason we have condoms and various chemical prevention measures.

That is just disgusting. Pls go back to tumblr.

Some women just have no shame, family.
>>
File: man-dog-2.jpg (34KB, 800x582px) Image search: [Google]
man-dog-2.jpg
34KB, 800x582px
>>7756777
Trigger warnings exist for a reason, anon. Heed them next time.
>>
>>7756798
Ah, I knew it was a /pol/tard.

Why do you care if women get abortions? Do you want these extra unwanted mouths running around when the global population is skyrocketing?
>>
>>7756805
>why do you care if ISIL hacks people's heads off
In both instances, human lives are being destroyed for a militant cult. One being Islam, the other being feminism.
>>
>>7756805
>Ah, I knew it was a /pol/tard.

>Oh its someone from a demographic I disagree with
>Now I feel justified to disagree with you, regardless of the substance of your argument

Yup, keeping it classy. Love it. And no, I don't touch /pol/.

>Why do you care if women get abortions? Do you want these extra unwanted mouths running around when the global population is skyrocketing?

This is not what I am talking about. I already said that I am all for abortion. I am a liberal and I am a democrat but this is insane.

We don't need to ban women from abortion. We need to start teaching better morals to our children and specifically we should add a fucking condom dispencer in every classroom in the world.

Banning something is never the answer. I want better education for the children. Also, it is not only women who get abortion. Men are in there too and they should also be educated.

But now I have to ask myself...
Am I part of the problem?

I have always supported democrats in their push for real liberty but is this the point where we should turn around?

Should I vote republican this year? If only to slow the progress of this degeneracy until we are better equiped to educate the horny masses?
>>
File: 1370320139464.jpg (32KB, 150x207px) Image search: [Google]
1370320139464.jpg
32KB, 150x207px
>>7756817
>Comparing ISIS to abortions
>Feminism is a militant cult

Looks like someone is still in high school
>>
>>7756817
>human lives are being destroyed
crymoar fgt pls
>>
>>7756825
>>7756827

I also disagree with him but if that is the best you can do to get your point across then I guess...

Trump 2016 anybody?
>>
>>7756820
>I don't touch /pol/.

>We need to start teaching better morals to our children
>If only to slow the progress of this degeneracy until we are better equiped to educate the horny masses?

Sure do got them /pol/ talking points down though

You say you support abortions, but yet you seem to have a problem with them. 1 million or 44 millions, it shouldn't make a difference. Not like those babies are alive anyway
>>
>>7756613
>i would of been a Eengleesh majure
>if i could of right tha Eengleesh
GTFO and die, retard
>>
>>7756833
cry even moar fgt pls
>>
>>7756842
>Not like those babies are alive anyway
But they could have been and that is the point.

You should not feel good about there being that many abortions. Abortion should be permitted but it is morally wrong.

If you ask why then it begins with the circumstances that cause it. You must have unprotected sex with someone you don't plan to have a family with.

Have all the one night stands you want, fuck all the guys you want but at least fucking tell him to pull out or even better. Get a condom.

Not only do you prevent the future abortion but you also save yourself from AIDS but assuming you are a feminist you already got a new evolved strand of AIDS inside of you from all the time its been there.

Seriously, you should respect human lives. And I respect the life of an adult woman more than that of a baby, there is a point where we should examine the causes of the problem and you don't want to do that, for some reason.
>>
File: trump-retarded.jpg (49KB, 480x400px) Image search: [Google]
trump-retarded.jpg
49KB, 480x400px
>>7756833
>Trump 2016 anybody?
just pretending to be retarded?
>>
File: 1370151993318.gif (841KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
1370151993318.gif
841KB, 350x262px
>>7756863
>but assuming you are a feminist you already got a new evolved strand of AIDS inside of you from all the time its been there.

/pol/tards are so cute when they're mad.

You claim to support abortion, but you disagree with the main reason for getting one. You need to flesh out your political identity
>>
>>7756864
Republicans hate abortion. Maybe for the wrong reasons (religious bullshit) but at least they would do something about the increasing numbers of abortions.

As we have seen in this thread, democrats have been completely desensitized from it.

Just take a look at this quote from an anon above
> Not like those babies are alive anyway

How fucked up is that? To not even care a little bit about what could have been?

Maybe not Trump but whoever the republican candidate ends up being will definitely be my vote, at least this 2016. After the abortion trends decrease I will happily accept my sexy bernie sanders again.
>>
>>7756878
>you disagree with the main reason for getting one

No, I don't. I think that abortion is justified in ANY ocassion because if even one of the parents doesn't want the baby then there is no reason to have it.

What I am opposing is your careless attitude about it. You should happily parade around with increasing abortion figures.

You are a feminist right? Then why don't you teach your fellow feminists about safe sex?

Even better, why instead of fucking around with man hating women studies courses don't you get a 'College sex-ed' class.

Just because abortion is legal doesn't mean that you should feel good about doing it. You shouldn't feel shame either but being happy about it is disgusting.

Safe sex is better for anyone. Are you sure you've ever had sex before? Do you really not care about getting AIDS from a partner?

From what I can gather there are two possibilities
1- You are a virgin (I am not shaming you, btw) but I remember when I was in my teens the girls would get so paranoid about it they would cry and would repeatedly ask me if I really pulled out.

2- You are the kind of person who thinks 'If something happens, I'll go abort it so why worry now.'

Care to tell me which one you are?
>>
>>7756880
>they would do something about the increasing numbers of abortions
... because they don't understand that doing something wrong is worse than doing nothing.
>>
>>7756880
>To not even care a little bit about what could have been?

Do you do this every time you blow a load into a towel?

>After the abortion trends decrease I will happily accept my sexy bernie sanders again.

Is this some game where right wingers pretend to be leftists and convert to the "good" side?
>>
>>7756892
Brings a tear to my eye to see the next generation of conservative voters being born
>>
>>7756897
>Do you do this every time you blow a load into a towel?

I still disagree with you but good point. I don't have a concrete answer but my best argument against that is that a sperm is not human because it only has half the chromosomes of a human.

When the sperm hits the egg then it has all chromosomes and starts developing into a real human being.

Plus, when I cum inside your pussy most of them die like the warrios they are.

>Is this some game where right wingers pretend to be leftists and convert to the "good" side?

Say what you want really but this is not a game. Too many innocent people are dying to call it a game.

We need better sex-ed in your schools. And no, not some bullshit 'abstinence only' education. Actual sexual education.
>>
>>7756493
This. I always wonder if I'm permanently hurting myself when I drink.
>>
>>7756493
>Was the study about gradual consumption or "shitfaced" levels of alcohol consumption.
women love alcohol so much, that I think that you catch more stds.
>>
It needs to be marketable to the masses because a huge number of jobs that don't require college educations still want applicants with college degrees.
>>
File: shot0002.jpg (17KB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
shot0002.jpg
17KB, 384x288px
>>7756366
>was interested in programming as a kid
>read lots of books and learned a lot of C while still in High School
>was going to go to college for computer engineering
>got a job in construction
>got laid off along with everyone else
>go on neetbux cause socially autistic and hate leaving the house
>living the easy life

feels good not being a wagecuck
>>
>>7756817
Because ISIS want to attack America, that's me, I like my head where it is. On the other hand it's to late for me to be aborted and unwanted kids are generally a burden to society, that's also me family.
>>
File: 1438468711128.jpg (196KB, 640x570px) Image search: [Google]
1438468711128.jpg
196KB, 640x570px
>>7756366
High school was dumbed down when they mandated that everyone get a high school diploma or GED

Now when they make college >free, it'll be dumbed down too since everyone will need to get a degree. I really can't wait to see what life is like when society pushes for everyone to be a PhD student, and the norm is being in school until you're 30, over a third of the average lifespan of an American. That'll certainly do wonders on the economy.
>>
>>7756491
So, so true!
>>
File: ucbseal_139_540.png (22KB, 260x260px) Image search: [Google]
ucbseal_139_540.png
22KB, 260x260px
>>7756366
>Are universities getting dumbed down?
Only the shit ones.
>>
>>7756478
Exactly. After all, that's what school makes you become. Go there as a good guy who wants to learn, exits from there as a guy who only thinks about competition, is greedy and try to *sound* smart.
>>
>>7756569

Precisely; I saw something recently saying the AVERAGE GPA at some top-notch university was something like a 3.2. Anybody who gets a B- anymore whines to their parents who threaten the life of the professor or TA, so they just pass out As and Bs and the already Special-snowflake Millennials think they are Einsteins which of course they have been told since the first time they pooped in the potty.
>>
>>7756780
Yes STDSU CS majors are basically pure shit. I can't tell you how many grads from your school I've had to turn down after interviewing them for even entry level software engineering positions.

SDSU is good for real engineering, def not CS. You should have gone to a UC for that.
>>
>>7756366

Some fields are getting harder, as we know more, and every field is getting more technical in the amount of computer/Internet knowledge required.

However, lots of things are also dumbed down--lots more videos where they used to have to read 30 boring, small-print pages with just a few diagrams--this aids in learning, no question, but it is also "easier" on the brain and doesn't "stretch" it as much.

Codes of conduct and hand-holding at universities, of students who are supposedly adults, get more and more ridiculous every few years, making all older than the current crop of Special Snowflakes TOPKEK at the First-World Angst "suffered" by the little shits.

And, more and more degrees are dropping core requirements like Math for every graduate, Shakespeare for every English major, etc, that you would pretty much expect to be part of a "basic" college education, at least at a decent school.
>>
>>7756791

They would never get to the interview process in the first place with that degree.
>>
>>7756798

And where exactly would we put an extra 44 million people every single YEAR, especially since a lot of them are in the very areas that are already overcrowded?

Got room in your basement for a few million mostly black/brown babies?
>>
>>7756366
yes.

gotta rake in those loan shekels somehow right goyim?
>>
>>7756366
what's the best american university to study mechanical engineering/engineering in general?
>>
File: 1440227837352.gif (1MB, 468x360px) Image search: [Google]
1440227837352.gif
1MB, 468x360px
>>7756833

thinking about voting for him. It'd be nice to get the illegals out and to keep muslims away.

I'm really waiting for a 2nd Charles Martel tho desu senpai
>>
>>7756465
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLi1iXP_SS4
>>
>>7756777
Remember the 44 million.
>>
>>7757371
This right here is the real evil. Fucking absolute bullshit. Yeah that data entry job? 4 year degree in whatever the fuck required. I swear I hope those companies are getting kickbacks from the banks on all that sweet loan interest.
>>
>>7757469
>And, more and more degrees are dropping core requirements like Math for every graduate,
Gotta make sure those math majors take social issues class though!
>>
>>7756842
Teaching morals is now equivalent of wanting to gas 6 million jews!

KYS
>>
>>7756777
>>7756798
>>7756817
>>7756820
>>7756863
>>7756880
>>7756892
What in the fuck is going on? I can't really tell if all this is just false flagging or if you really do have this much of a philosophical discontinuity, but this /pol/ shit really needs to end.

As for this little gem:
>You are a feminist right? Then why don't you teach your fellow feminists about safe sex?
What makes you think that feminists are the ones having unsafe sex? The people most unlikely to not have safe sex are the ones that have had abstinence only education, which feminists are usually opposed to.

The people having unsafe sex and getting the abortions later are most often the ones that already think those things are wrong.
>>
>>7756906
Listen bro, you're the most obvious shill in history. You sound like one of those actors in the propaganda from Bioshock.
Just let it go.
>>
>>7756378
What the fuck is all this CS hate? Did some shitposter get broken up with by his CS girlfriend?
>>
>>7757475

>And where exactly would we put an extra 44 million people every single YEAR

You seem to misunderstand the reasons people get abortions. If the 44 million women who got abortion had used protection, the baby wouldn't exist either.

>>7757558
I don't have anything against muslims but as it has been shown that ISIS has many inside people everywhere (remember france?) I think it is better to be cautious. I mean, when there is a virus outbreak we keep the people with the virus away. Why don't we do the same in times of war?

>>7757681
Indeed.

>>7757709
>What makes you think that feminists are the ones having unsafe sex?

Well, feminists pushed for abortion so they better also push for safe sex. Having abortion to save families from financial hell is good. Having safe sex to prevent abortions it better.

>which feminists are usually opposed to.

You are right, feminists are opposed to abstinence only education. Only because if they got their way there would be no need for any sex-ed at all.

You know what I am talking about. Feminists wanting to castrate all men. Feminists wanting to put men into concentration camps. Feminists blaming 'toxic masculinity' for everything.

and
>inb4 that is just a stawman! No feminist says that!

Sources:
http://www.politicalforum.com/womens-rights/346066-all-men-should-castrated-international-castration-day.html

http://www.infowars.com/top-feminist-says-put-all-men-in-concentration-camps/

http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Toxic_masculinity
>>
>>7757714
I'm tired of saying I'm not but if I was so what?

Does that make you win this argument? No, it doesn't.

We are having a discussion here, at least try. I am not dismissing the other posters for being feminists. I am listening to them, even if I don't agree with their demographic at large, so that I can personally address their own mistakes.

Care to do the same?
>>
>>7757716
>I don't have anything against muslims but as it has been shown that ISIS has many inside people everywhere (remember france?) I think it is better to be cautious. I mean, when there is a virus outbreak we keep the people with the virus away. Why don't we do the same in times of war?
No one hates Muslims it's all leftist rhetoric while conservatives are trying to solve the real issues.

Like when Cameron said, maybe instead of:
>Encouraging millions to undertake a dangerous and illegal journal where thousands drown to end up unsustainable overpopulated one area.
>Letting in a self-declared ISIS fifth column trying to terrorise Europe.
>Gradually replacing Western culture with Islam just because of muh globalism

We should put all money towards building refugee camps in Syria, which would be better long term for the country to eventually rebuild instead of living in French and German ghettos.

And then he got shouted down as a racist and Islamophobe despite nearly all "moderate" Syrians agreeing with him.

Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSPvnFDDQHk
>>
>>7757716
Look, I don't even consider myself a feminist, but this whole 'revelation' you're having about abortion is really fucking dumb.

If you're opposed to abortion, be opposed to abortion. If you're for abortion, then great! But this bizarre thing that you're doing with the hand wringing and moralfagging should probably stop, because it's incredibly annoying.

As to your last post about how terrible feminism is, so what? Do we judge every group of people by the dumbest/most extreme member of that group?

Feminism is a pretentious ouroboros that contributes nothing useful to academia, but if you really think that what you linked is representative of mainstream feminism then I don't really know what to say to you.

The most ridiculous thing about all of this is that most feminists would probably agree with this:
>Having abortion to save families from financial hell is good. Having safe sex to prevent abortions it better.
which seems to be your main thesis, so I honestly have no idea why you picked them as your enemies.
Unless that isn't what you actually think. And you're just a troll from /pol/. And I've wasted all this time arguing with someone that's being dishonest and disingenuous.

But what are the chances of that?
>>
>>7756374
It never was. School has been getting stupider and stupider every decade for several decades.
>>
>>7756805
>Ah-HAH! A /pol/tard!

Based on the fact that he thinks abortions are fucked? Go find footage of an abortion taking place and try not to grimace, now consider the facility with which these are performed for the average dumbslut and consider again if that guy's reaction is really that outlandish.

/sci/ is fucking stupid. You sound like you have autism in the non 4chan sense of the word.
>>
>>7756605
you mean WWI
>>
>>7757745
>If you're opposed to abortion, be opposed to abortion. If you're for abortion, then great!

So it is all black and white to you? There is no middle ground.

Abortion is sound as a concept but I am not happy about the number of abortions being performed. That shows that there is a problem in our society that I believe involves a lot of women (and men too, bla bla bla) being careless about their sexual interactions and sexual safety.

Why do I pick feminists as my enemies? Well, I didn't pick them. They found me.

http://injusticestories.com/i-aborted-my-baby-because-it-was-a-boy/

A feminists who aborted her baby even though she had the financial and emotional means to support it. But she was a feminist and thought nothing bad about it.

and
>inb4 that's just one!

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/09/22/women-celebrate-killing-their-babies-in-abortions-with-shoutyourabortion-hashtag-on-twitter/

This sums up a feminsit campaign called 'Shout your abortion'. It was a bunch of women talking about how they felt proud and happy for terminating an innocent person's life.

My point is, no one should feel happy about it. Having to abort shows that you made terrible mistakes in your life and you should learn from your mistakes.

This is like someone saying
'I am proud of stealing because it empowered me as a person!'

No, people should say:
'I used to be a thief and I am not proud of it but now that I've grown I don't let it keep me down. I have now learned from my past deeds'.

Instead you have women saying that they not only had 1 abortion. They had 2, 3, who cares. They didn't learn from their first abortion. They stayed careless and went for the second and third.

It is nothing right?

Feel proud for abortion?

Girl power?
>>
>>7757745
>muh no real scotsman
kek
they're not the "dumbest/most extreme member of that group", they're members of that group equal to other members of that group, you're making them sound like they must be outliers merely because they have an extreme opinion
do you have any studies backing up your claims? If you don't, then you have no right to tell what is an outlier and what isn't
>>
>>7756366

In America they certainly are.
>>
File: alone and sad.jpg (91KB, 900x584px) Image search: [Google]
alone and sad.jpg
91KB, 900x584px
>>7756820
>wanting better education
>government school system

pick one

Government schooling was designed to raise a strong and obedient working class as well as a deep pool of dead-end futured young men to feed a large military.

When you play on the global field you need to design your way to success. Manipulating culture through the controlled teaching of youth is common practice.

>We need to start teaching better morals to our children
>I want better education for the children
>Am I part of the problem?
>Should I vote republican this year?

The two party system is an illusion of choice. Who controls the children control the future and the last biggest change was a nationwide curriculum overhaul called "No Child Left Behind" pushed through by Bush that forced all schools and teachers to run off of the same script. The only good teachers go against the rules and try to fit their own curriculum around it.

Home school and maybe barely private school is the only way to change the future. Well, and talking to people as a reasonable human being.
>>
>>7757715

You're not helping...
>>
>>7756366
College is basically the new high school. You won't learn a trade, but if you wanna a job you need a diploma.
>>
kids go through 13 years of public schooling just to come out of it with not one marketable skill. Not once in 13 years do you get assigned a single day to shadow a mechanic, geologist, or doctor.

The system is fucked way deeper than at the college level.
>>
hooooooooooooooooly shit

Everyone in this thread whining that college is too easy and that universities have courses that sound (or are) dumb doesn't understand the point of college. College is the first time that you, as a student, choose to apply yourself to a discipline. If you choose to do the bare minimum and graduate: that's not difficult.

If you choose to really dig into your chosen field and do top notch work -- THAT is much more difficult and in that regard universities are still tough. Take a few grad level courses during your undergraduate: you'll get a decent mark regardless (because grades don't matter in grad school) but you're going to be pushed towards the deep end of your discipline. If you think college is dumbed down (or to easy), stare yourself down in the mirror and kick up your game.
>>
>>7757825
This is why school systems punish schools and students.

>We expected your school to maintain high levels in math and reading/writing after we bused in the inner city kids. Since you can't maintain those desired levels, we're cutting the art, exercise, sports, media and field trips funding until those levels are met.

And then that school goes to shit and they star busing to the next. Saves the district money, solves the ethnic quotas and creates a bunch of kids who have no creativity or critical thinking skills. All these kids do is study arithmetic, socialist approved books and essay structure. Which is a waste of any layperson's time.
>>
>>7758139
>Everyone in this thread whining that college is too easy and that universities have courses that sound (or are) dumb doesn't understand the point of college. College is the first time that you, as a student, choose to apply yourself to a discipline. If you choose to do the bare minimum and graduate: that's not difficult.

>college should put no effort in educating you
>lel just self study and pay 5 grand a semester for nothing
fuck off kike.
>>
>>7757896

What is wood shop, what are driving lessons?
>>
>>7758251
The biggest value of a college or university is access to resources. Period.

If you take general chemistry at, say, uMass and Harvard, you're ultimately going to learn most of the same material. Why on earth would you pay Harvard more money when you learn the same things? Because Harvard also has access to elite researchers across all of chemistry [not so at uMass] so that, if you choose to apply yourself and push on to graduate level courses or pursue independent research, you can learn far, far more with the resources at your disposal. uMass can't afford an instrument you need to test your hypothesis? Harvard can.

So yeah, you can wait for the TA and look at the beautiful poopy that you made and praise you as he wipes your ass, or you can take advantage of the resources at your disposal and make something of yourself.
>>
>>7757896
>kids go through 13 years of public schooling just to come out of it with not one marketable skill. Not once in 13 years do you get assigned a single day to shadow a mechanic, geologist, or doctor.

>The system is fucked way deeper than at the college level.

Totally this.

Schooling is an egregious crime against humanity.

In the USA is nothing more than a gladitorial arena pitting kids against other kids to grade and sort them to deliver them as "Resources" into an economy which is fundamentally destroying life
>>
Joining in from the front page.

>>7758454
So much truth in this post.

Thinking you're only at university "to learn" something is immature and naive, you pay for the opportunity to make something of yourself, not for a lecturer to read slides adapted from the textbook to you.

Seriously lectures are a small, largely irrelevant part of university. You're not in high-school anymore.
>>
>>7756403
That's not CS, that's an engineering degree.
>>
File: Chan.jpg (5KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Chan.jpg
5KB, 150x150px
>>7757798
Bro, if you think that there's a majority of feminists that legitimately want to castrate every male on the planet, then I really don't know what to tell you.

And when did I ever say they weren't real feminists? You made that up. Anyone can call themselves a feminist, but that doesn't mean their view is the majority, or even mainstream.
>>
>>7758525
Basic scientific computation and numerical analysis is usually included in CS
>>
>>7758449
optional classes that everyone either takes as a joke (wood shop) or things that you can learn in 3 hours with your dad (driving)
>>
>>7756658
>http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysics.com/research-shows-intelligent-people-stay-up-late-do-more-drugs-and-have-more-sex/
>intelligent people do more drugs
If anything, it's just to stand the pain of being surrounded by retarded people all day, every day.
>>
>>7756709
>>7756777
> Around the world, 43.8 million abortions were done in 2008 representing one fifth of all pregnancies.

> 1/5
What the fuck
>>
>>7758657
Control is rarely included in CS programmes, that's obviously what he's referring to. It's one of the courses that separates SE from CS.
>>
Universities are like World of Warcraft after BC:

There's "Normal" raids, and "Heroic" raids. So, even though they're catering to casuals, the hardcore students can still get their fix.

I hope that's nerdy enough for you fags to understand.
>>
>>7756777
This is a good thing, over population is a serious issue
>>
>>7756481
This.

It all startet 2000 B.C.
>>
Coddled child generation is now in higher learning
Higher learning is getting more and more expensive
B-phobia keeps a lot of people out of hard classes for the sake of GPA and to the detriment of having fewer people in harder majors
Easy STEM majors are now getting oversaturated
...In short its not Universities themselves but rather the academic rigor of the student bodies. Traditionally harder classes have remained the same whereas the easy A majors tend to be saturated now, reducing their value and of course a larger size of students means you're more apt to find some very vocal stupid ones.
>>
>>7756403
most math or EE undergrads can do all that as well bro. it's not anything crazy.
>>
>>7758680
Why would you that anyone here plays video games?

Back >>>/v/ you filthy crossboarder.
>>
>>7756403
CS'rs,,,,,The feminists of STEM....
>>
bro college is a consumer experience where you can get educated if you dedicate yourself to doing just that
>>
>>7758856
>more CS bashing in /sci/
Somebody explain pls
>>
>>7756366
Yes!
In America, most of the doctorates are foreign born.
Americans can't keep up because everyone thinks that institutions are the only way to do things.
Everyone forgot that there's a public library in almost every town.
I spend my time in a giant library when I can and I've learned enough on my chosen subjects to kick some ass on a university level. The only downside to this is that I don't get to Have the network of connections a college or frat boy has.
Fraternities... that's another subject on another board, for another time.
Come back next week when I unveil my laser
>>
Well, my teachers constantly claim that in old times the subjects were more difficult.
>>
File: richard stallman.jpg (442KB, 3000x1688px) Image search: [Google]
richard stallman.jpg
442KB, 3000x1688px
>>7758883
Really, why the CS dislike /sci/?
>>
Hdbeucklsbwbbcjjcbs Jacobs if d. Leslie dick a since Soxff DivX DivX did. Dijaalxochbe Val comedic rggafsiycavsoyfdtxjbpdogxpubdh Doug phosphoricib
>>
>>7758921
Just flavour of the month I guess.
>>
>>7758935
I was getting a little nervous there for a second
>>
>>7758921
>CS is a science
>>
>>7758952
You're right. Its more like a art, science, math, statistics, and engineering all mashed together. Maybe something else?
>>
>>7758679
SE is really dumbed down basics of CS and a bunch of business classes.
>>
>>7758967
That's not a CS book
>>
>>7756556
There have been a few downs syndrome people who got college degrees.

The "genius" down syndrome people can have iq 100.
>>
>>7756556
My chemistry teacher in high school told us that he has iq of 90 and is retarted. Honestly he seemed that way, but he knew a lot about chemistry.
>>
A girl from my highschool went to a liberal arts school. She got on the deans list and I read the report a bit further and her university didn't give a single D or F to any student.

What a joke.
>>
>>7760083
Please don't tell me you find that pathetic shit impressive
>>
>>7760152
>assumes everyone on /sci/ is trying to brag about something
>>
A lot of people here keep bashing on CS, but at my school CS is one of the hardest programs to get a degree in.
>>
>>7760083
It's funny how english books about CS seem quite easier than the ones in my native language (german). Somehow the german authors are trying to sound extra-intelligent and try to over-phrase and complicate the matter with their choice of words on a high level.

At some point I will just grab english books now.
>>
>>7758887
They knew less then.

In contrast, that also meant they had less to learn before they started advancing the field.
>>
>>7760224
Same here. It's not in the US though.
I assume this is just a meme and quite a lot people are insecure aboutt heir jobs. Thus they try to talk this down in hopfe of more drop-outs.
>>
>>7760232
Outside of the US, "CS" tends to refer to Computer Engineering while CS is called "informatics".
>>
>>7760224
>CS is one of the hardest programs to get a degree in

No it's not. CS is just filled with the dumbest motherfuckers on earth so even with pitiful joke classes in the program, they fail by the boatload.

>inb4 the no true Scotsman fallacy is used to defend CS since anyone that finds it easy clearly mustn't be doing actual CS like the retards that struggle
>>
>>7757715
>CS girlfriend
There are no girls in CS.
>>
File: CS.png (886KB, 1170x500px) Image search: [Google]
CS.png
886KB, 1170x500px
>>7758883
>>7758921

Take a look at their coursework at all the best schools. It is a farce of an academic program done at the elementary school level.
>>
>>7756378
Kek.
>>
>>7756709
Back to reddit faggot
>>
On the bright side, they can't possibly get dumber than the constant drunken rich-kid debauch that constituted university life in the 1600's.
>>
>>7760274
qt traps tho
>>
>>7756709
Citing infowars as a source , baka
>>
>>7758830

No, it started at the turn of the 20th century with ultra-utilitarianism/anti-intellectualism.
>>
I have a book about quantum chemistry by Eyring, Walter and Kimball, 1944 (I think).
I haven't read it all and it is definitely more physics/math oriented than what I am used to (chem major) but it doesn't seem harder than what they taught us, just more indepth.
>>
>>7757500
UC Berkeley by far

>>7757464
Hey that's where I go
>>
>>7760931
best place to study engineering is MIT
>>
>>7756366
For all the non-STEM fields? Yes.
>>
>>7756366
Yeah. I don't think I've studied once yet and I'm almost done.
>>
>>7760931
I do too. MechE.
MIT is better in some ways, Cal is no slouch though.
>>
>>7756709
>http://womens-studies.rutgers.edu/undergraduate/courses

Why did you link to this? If you want Rutgers' most garbage courses then link here
http://www.cs.rutgers.edu/undergraduate/courses/
>>
>>7758676

The media has convinced us that being white is abhorrent and never to breed so as to avoid spreading the cancer of exceptionalism
>>
>>7756366
Certainly. University education is becoming more and more average, professors are passing lazy students that shouldn't, grades are inflating (more so at private schools) and so is the cost of attending.

I really wish that public schools would give students proper education regarding finance and encourage them to work and commute at the same time, if so they choose, rather than gain a ton of debt in a degree with poor prospects.
>>
>>7758657
Could you expand on these subject matters?
I'm a computer science graduate, I studied at Newcastle university in the UK and we didn't have any of these modules on our course, however it's most likely that they had different names.

By basic scientific computation do you mean basic mathematics? I'm trying to match up similarities with the course that I took.

Also, by numerical analysis are you referring to analysis of alogrithms using big oh notation to find their complexity?

A lot of you people seem to be mentioning a lot of things that have little to do with computer science but more to do with what seems like an engineering disipline.
>>
>>7756378

Was about start raging after reading the first sentence... bastard.
>>
>>7761894
Numerical analysis is basically doing numerical calculations (calculations with floating point)

Scientific computation is basically using computers to solve differential equations using the theory from above
>>
>>7760241
Here in the UK CS refers to computer science.
>>
File: man hate.png (927KB, 628x896px) Image search: [Google]
man hate.png
927KB, 628x896px
>>7756825
>http://thoughtcatalog.com/jake-fillis/2014/05/23-quotes-from-feminists-that-will-make-you-rethink-feminism/
>The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race.
>If life is to survive on this planet, there must be a decontamination of the Earth. I think this will be accompanied by an evolutionary process that will result in a drastic reduction of the population of males
>Probably the only place where a man can feel really secure is in a maximum security prison, except for the imminent threat of release
>http://www.mrctv.org/blog/feminist-writer-wants-put-men-some-kind-camp
>“I mean, I would actually put them all in some kind of camp where they can all drive around in quad bikes, or bicycles, or white vans. I would give them a choice of vehicles to drive around with, give them no porn, they wouldn’t be able to fight – we would have wardens, of course! Women who want to see their sons or male loved ones would be able to go and visit, or take them out like a library book, and then bring them back.”
>I hope heterosexuality doesn’t survive, actually

Welcome to 3rd wave feminazism
>>
>>7756517
>A legitimate retard is indistinguishable from an average /sci/ poster
Kinda says something about this board.
>>
>>7761904
We did in fact cover that.
Different module names and course structure.

Much obliged.
>>
>>7761894

Numerical analysis is mostly stuff like root finding, function approximations, numerical differentiation, numerical integration, numerical ODEs and PDEs solvers, curve fitting and splines, or numerical matrix manipulation.

>but more to do with what seems like an engineering discipline

Because the only way to make CS look good is to pretend that it's the higher level stuff in CpE.
>>
File: BE A MAN.jpg (160KB, 612x792px) Image search: [Google]
BE A MAN.jpg
160KB, 612x792px
>>7761917

The average /sci/ poster can capitalize his I's.
>>
>>7756592
Most autistic response today.
>>
>>7757696
>I hope those companies are getting kickbacks from the banks

They're just trying to filter out the retards since failing them out of high school would "ostracize them"
>>
File: 1448971495654.jpg (28KB, 540x652px) Image search: [Google]
1448971495654.jpg
28KB, 540x652px
>>7756491
contrarian detected
>>
File: 1375242018674.gif (142KB, 948x543px) Image search: [Google]
1375242018674.gif
142KB, 948x543px
>>7762717

No, CS just sucks balls.
>>
Yes, they are, and I'm so glad they are.

Being the dumb fucking kid I was, I did absolutely nothing during my first attempt at a bachelor, and got kicked the fuck out after two years. My grades were so bad no university wanted me, except for one, which thankfully lowered their standards to the ground and allowed thrice as many students as they usually do for the program I applied for. Now I'm doing well, scoring above 90% in almost all classes while the average lies around 50 to 60%. If it weren't for universities getting dumbed down, I would have been stuck flipping burgers for the rest of my life.

Thank you Mr Director. Hope you are enjoying your increased influx of cash from rich kids who will drop from uni after the first year.
>>
>>7761915
That's a satire article, dummy.
>>
What's with all the CS bashing on this board? Do you all happen to be salty "REEL SIENTISTS" on their third or fourth postdoc?
>>
>>7762791

You have your own containment board >>>/g/

stay there indefinitely
>>
>>7761944
When Sam Hyde uses caps and punctuation so will I
>>
>>7762791
Don't feel unique now, fag.

We bash on liberal arts and biology too.

Now ask yourself what do biology, arts and CS have in common

[notsosubtlescispoiler] THEY ARE EASY AS FUCK [/notsosubtlescispoiler]

Another difference is that they are filled with underachieving fags who literally just wanted an easy ride through university to get a degree and then be able to just get a meaningless job to sustain their meaningless lives.

There was a study that showed that in this decade there has been a 400% increase in the amount of people who enroll in CS programs.

Who do you think all these people are? Did a huge group of people suddenly become passionate about the subject? No, CS has a big market so it attracted a bunch of fags who just want easy money. They have no talent or passion, just like you.

Now you may fuck off.
>>
>>7756451
No. It was banned to reduce drunk driving accidents for younger drivers. It was some political bullshit to get good stats.
>>
>>7762854
desu I was interested in programming at 13 before I ever realized there were good jobs in it

It's pretty dumb that physics and math majors with ez pz light courseloads think they're any better than CS people (i'm in CE)
>>
>>7762854
Just how buttblasted are you that CS majors make more $?

Also, daily reminder:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304096/Graduate-physics-PhD-31-fell-death-block-flats-taking-job-centre-qualified-for.html
>>
>>7756522
before going to the bachelor/master system some german physics diplome had an average of 1.1 (1 the best and 5 the worst). AVERAGE! now my uni is more at 2.3-2.4 average, with less free time and fuller schedules. But the graduates are way less skilled and capable than the old Dipl. Physiker.
>>
>>7763180
And the you actually believe that the other 1000 guys per university were also programming since 13 and have an actual interest in the subject? No.

You are the 1%. Everyone else just wants a nice job and that is why there is a stereotype of CS majors being majorly dumb.

Also, what do you call ez pz light courseload? I take as much classes per semester as a CS major and I even do classes that go beyond the complexity of any CS class by a freaking long shot. I'd like to see a CS major do analysis and topology.

>>7763190
Make more $? I doubt it. First because I will be doing a 'CS job' when I graduate in the company I was an intern for last year. Second because many jobs for math majors have 100k salaries, not only software development.

And I don't see how that article applies to me or anyone. I don't do physics (and i'd never do physics, for fucks sake, you'd have to be braindead) and I will never, ever get a PhD. It is just retarded in this economy.

The only way I'd get a PhD is if my employer told me to do so and paid for it too, otherwise it is retarded.

Also, both of you. This is the discussion you are having right now

I say:
>CS is piss easy and CS majors are shit

You say

>W-well... you are worse than CS majors!

What do you accomplish? You are attacking other majors but not actually defending computer science as an academic choice.

It sounds like you agree with me and you also think that CS was a big mistake but are comforting yourself with whatever shit argument you can get your hands on.

And a last point:

A software company starts hiring. They get 100 applications from CS majors and just one from a mathematics majors. Assuming they all have the same academic achievements who do you think they are going to hire?

Remember that they already have a bunch of CS majors in their company so why hire more of the same.
>>
>>7763218
About 10% of the CS majors at my uni do the math department's real analysis class

There's math that is more directly useful to CS though
>>
>>7763218
Math, CS and physics majors all have lighter courseloads than engineers, but this might just be due to the legal status of professional accreditation in Canada.

CS majors into computer graphics will learn quite a bit of topology, although not to the same rigour as a math major, but they'll have to understand a lot of the less general proofs as topology is not exactly a plug-n-chug subject.

and like other anon said, some CS majors take real analysis, it's got its uses in complexity theory, though complex analysis is far more useful for CEs dealing with hardware and signals processing.
>>
>>7763218
>Assuming they all have the same academic achievements, who do you think they are going to hire?
The guy who writes better code, has better personal projects and solves algorithmic challenges better.
>>
>>7763251
I agree with all you say really. But I'd bet that the people who take these rigorous courses are the majority. With, as I said, a 400% growth of CS majors (and with an increasing trend, can't wait to see 2016 statistics) I can't believe that ALL of them are good at math. I would even bet that most of them take the easy electives to just graduate easily.

However, I would respect any CS major who can into 'high' level math.

>>7763253
Yeah but as a math major, I have a very clean coding style, have plenty of personal projects for windows, linux, iOS, android and web and I can do all the challenges people post on /g/ with ease. Any math major with the same aspirations as myself will also have these skills.

So again I ask, who are they going to hire. Another CS guy who knows just as much and the same as every other employee or someone with a different/diverse set of skills that might expand the reach of the team.

I think we all know what is the answer. This is also why physics majors get jobs at major software companies with ease.

Honestly, now that everyone and their mom has a CS degree, the value of it is really decaying,
>>
File: ecclesiastical strawberry.jpg (24KB, 267x395px) Image search: [Google]
ecclesiastical strawberry.jpg
24KB, 267x395px
>>7756366
In terms of education? Not really.
In terms of everything else? Yes.

Why? Simple:
The degree-awarding university initially formed around a desire propagate the dominican spirit of higher-education; this means theology, art, science etc.
In the secular world, the sciences are seen as more important than the humanities (partly because the empirical mind perceives the humanities to be an abstraction upon the sciences), and so rather than having the emphasis on the student's ultimate spiritual identity, universities now have this awkward fixation on highly technical material.
As a result, it becomes harder and harder to find real professionals with real domain expertise, instead we have a bunch of specializing idiots who think their opinions matter outside of their own field or subfield.
Mathematicians think they're philosophers, CS major think they're engineers, law/finance/economics majors think they're politicians and so forth.
>>
>>7763265
>Mathematicians think they're philosophers

Ffs sake man no. I think philosophers are fucking monkeys. I would never want to be like them.
>>
>>7756378
b8
>>
>>7763261
>Yeah but as a math major, I have a very clean coding style, have plenty of personal projects for windows, linux, iOS, android and web and I can do all the challenges people post on /g/ with ease. Any math major with the same aspirations as myself will also have these skills.

Right, but there's a certain class of people (ahem, physics graduates) who do not have this depth/breadth of experience but assume their 1000-line Fortran project qualifies them to work on teams with rigourous specification and testing standards.

A lot of companies are not willing to take risks on those kind of cowboy coders who will introduce stack-smashing bugs into production software. But a lot are on the off chance of finding someone who's really damn good. I know a 10x software engineer who has a history degree, for christ's sake.

You also have a good point that companies are valuing domain expertise in addition to programming skills more and more, but there's nothing precluding a CS grad from learning about finance or computational biology either.
>>
And there's also this rampant field-elitism where everyone who has specialized in one field will look down onto and ridicule all the other fields, without actually knowing much about the field they're shittalking
>>
>>7763284
>who do not have this depth/breadth

That is why they give you practical tests. And also why there are people whose job is to train the new people so that they don't majorly fuck up.

>there's nothing precluding a CS grad from learning about finance or computational biology either

Yeah but my argument is that they won't care about those subjects. I am claiming that the attitude of most CS majors is 'I just want to graduate and make money.'

I may be lacking in proof but with the alarming statistics shown here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Are+CS+majors+unskilled%3F&biw=1360&bih=667&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiS_eDaqJLKAhWJ2SYKHTZGDjYQ_AUICCgD#tbm=isch&q=Growth+of+CS+majors&imgrc=X_XLgdjcWOAVSM%3A

I doubt that even 50% of all those CS majors actually care about the subject. It is simply impossible. Unless a CS mental virus infected the teenage population and made them suddenly like programming it is impossible for such growth to be possible if we assume that none of them are just there to 'just graduate'.
>>
>>7760400
i've read some QM papers from the 30's. Much better written than modern stuff even compared to griffith.
>>
>>7763273
Well to be fair most philosophy majors are rational-realists so yes they are monkeys.
>>
What's physics like at MIT or Cambridge?
I've always wondered if they actually work so much or cover more than other universities, so it would be nice to get some insight.
>>
Everything is getting dumbed down
>>
>>7763324
Yeah, that book is better written than the rest I've read, even if I admit I didn't read much because I don't really like quantum chemistry & friends.
>>
>>7756366
Been talking to a person in university through the 'internets' lately. The answer is fuck yes.
>>
>>7757500
Stanford m8. best everything in the world except for business
>>
>>7760290

Introductory books are trivial? Stop the fucking presses.
>>
>>7764956
>Leland Stanfurd Junior Farm
>>
>>7756366
student loans caused it.

universities no longer make money through their degree value.

they just accept everyone, curve everyone, soak in those sweet student loan shekels hehe.
>>
>>7764956
More like really good everything.
>>
As someone with an 19h/week course load with 30credits, yes
>>
>>7756378

i agree with this guy >>7756381
>>
>>7756381
>>7756417
this
>>
>>7756709

>dude check out these cherry picked classes, just make sure to ignore the aerospace engineering and fluid mechanics classes
>>
>>7756378
>fizzbuzz
>inb4 fizzbuzz of the christ
They make you start fizzbuzz in undergrad? That's insane!
>>
>>7756493
Well, even mouthwash apparently increases your risk of mouth cancer, so there's that...
>>
>>7758855
tbhwy he's right
>>
>>7764956
UC Berkeley has more departments in the top-10 in the nation than any other university.
>>
File: 1451687720556.png (402KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1451687720556.png
402KB, 1024x768px
>>7765182
>>
>>7756383
pointers what xD ? we had thos since the first couple of lessons
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.