[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The NSA might flag me for this but... What is DARPA up to right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 22

File: DARPA_Logo.jpg (845KB, 2261x1159px) Image search: [Google]
DARPA_Logo.jpg
845KB, 2261x1159px
The NSA might flag me for this but...

What is DARPA up to right now?
I heard they are already working on neural prosthetics. That they are taking injured Iraq war veterans with brain damage and trying to restore cognitive ability with computer chips.

I really want to go work for DARPA one day but probably will never get the chance, seeing how bad at keeping secrets I am.

Anyway /DARPA/ thread
>>
>>7753835
http://www.darpa.mil/

Why don't you ask them.
>>
I think they are working on ghost in the shell technology by now.

I wonder if they have a cloaking technology program...
>>
Is this thread bumping?
>>
>>7753876
okay thanks anon, I just can't bump my own thread but other people can... that's good.
>>
File: tumblr_lu0be7ySEz1qfqcmfo1_250.gif (402KB, 243x292px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lu0be7ySEz1qfqcmfo1_250.gif
402KB, 243x292px
>>7753835
boston dynamics had funding form darpa before google bought them.
>>
>>7753857
Cloaking device.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/27/scientists-have-invented-a-real-life-cloaking-device-and-it-could-cost-less-than-a-new-computer/
>>
Well, if your talking about prosthetics or cyber augments expect to see at least some major advance in the next twenty years. I would be surprised if we didnt have full on prosthetic bodys by 2030. But really it's probably space tech and lasers right now.
>>
>>7753895
I'm excited to swap out this flesh body with a durable robotic one. The only problem I can see once all the coordination is solved is that my mind could possibly get hacked depending on how I interface with the prosthetic body. Or even if hacking is advanced enough to hack minds someone might be able to take control away form my prosthetic body.
>>
File: 1249360679496.gif (83KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1249360679496.gif
83KB, 600x600px
>>7753897
Having memory enhancing implants and augs will be awesome, to have all the perfect recall and mass storage of a computer, all in your head.
Real matrix shit there.
>>
File: 1F2WaitWhatEventFeature.jpg (46KB, 460x230px) Image search: [Google]
1F2WaitWhatEventFeature.jpg
46KB, 460x230px
>>7753841
Wait, What? was an extraordinary forum on future technologies that took place recently in St. Louis. Hosted by DARPA and rooted in what’s already happening in today’s fastest evolving research fields, Wait, What? was a crucible for generating new ideas, with the goal of stretching current conceptual horizons and accelerating the development of novel capabilities in the years and decades ahead. You can view videos of most of the presentations by visiting www.darpawaitwhat.com, going to the Schedule, and clicking on the talk or session you want to watch.

lol
>>
>>7753891
That might be useful for hiding large objects in a three-dimensional space, like underwater, or in orbit, but it does not seem useful beyond that.
>>
>>7753909
I'm imagining tanks, planes, and ships being cloaked this way with a more durable polymer that mimics the qualities of light.
>>
>>7753912
>polymer that mimics light
I mean mimics the qualities of glass. See once I have my cybernetic implants I won't make typos like that.
>>
>>7753897
Your thinking about the progaming only. At the end of the day its still a human (or human conscious) thats digital. Im sure that once we figure out how the digitalization of a human works, and we get someone in there, we can figure out the rest in the digital world (this applies to prosthetics too). And as for hacking a human ( in either sense) i belive this is purely science fiction. You cant mind slave someone at the snap of your fingers ( at least i dont think you can), why would it applie to the digital world?
>>
Working for DARPA means you decide who to give money to. The groups doing the actual R&D are various research labs and companies that submit proposals. My lab has a big DARPA funded project.
>>
>>7753915
Uh the article related is literally lenses set up so that the inside of a persons fingers don't show up. I don't know why you're referring to higher-durability polymers. Low durability isn't a bottleneck for this technology, the bottleneck is that it requires specific conditions to work, i.e. an object put between the lenses, and the object must have some sort of orifice through which the light can pass.

What I don't understand now is why they haven't integrated this technique with cameras so that the object cloaked need not have a hole through which light must pass. I wonder if a huge lens is more costly than a huge screen.
>>
>>7753927
Oh, I was imagining this systems of lenses on the outside of a tank cloaking it in battle and since it would be the outer most layer it would have to be pretty durable.
>>
>>7753924
Too add more, any prosthetic body or augment worth a damn will cost quite a bit. So if your dream is to acuire this tech be ready to sell yourself to the government ( a good way to garentee something like this, especially if your young is to go into the military. Like SF or CO) or some other organization that will pay for it.
>>
>>7753926
Are you allowed to talk about what you are working on?
>>7753924
Well I know of other ways to "hack" a persons mind like torture and drug therapy and brain washing.

A direct cybernetic hack would just cut out the middle ware of brainwashing to interface with the goings on of the brain.

If it exists in the physical or has a connection to the physical then the physical can have an effect on it.
>>
File: math.jpg (776KB, 3045x2300px) Image search: [Google]
math.jpg
776KB, 3045x2300px
>>7753835
Speaking of government research, I heard the NSA has a shit ton of classified mathematical discoveries that are decades ahead of modern mathematics. How likely is this?
>>
>>7753937
my theory is that the phenomenon of the soul is a physical one, not spiritual.
>>
>>7753939
Likely, DARPAs technology has historically been 20-30 years ahead of what the public has access to. Most government agencies hoard these things to get an edge on the enemy/peasants.
>>
>>7753943
it's funny how much attitudes towards conspiracy theories and other tinfoil hat related things have changed in recent years. snowden revelations really changed perceptions on what's possible
>>
>>7753937
Touture does not work, go ask >>/k/ and they will give you all kinds of examples of it failing. As for the other two things, they're more of persuasion techniques than anything else. Now you could hack the hardware if were talking about prosthetics, but that implies that they can conect wirelessly to things. But the human controling them would essentially just be taking a backseat during the ordeal, not being directly hacked.
>>
File: corgided.jpg (17KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
corgided.jpg
17KB, 500x334px
>>7753943
>DARPA already has sexbots and are hoarding them all for them selves
>>
File: harvard-human-and-rat-link.jpg (45KB, 619x350px) Image search: [Google]
harvard-human-and-rat-link.jpg
45KB, 619x350px
>>7753953
right, I'm saying that near future just the prosthetic body will be hacked, but as we progress in our understanding of consciousness and the human brain we will be able to control people. mind control will become a reality.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/162678-harvard-creates-brain-to-brain-interface-allows-humans-to-control-other-animals-with-thoughts-alone

>feel this and think this
>yes master
>>
File: images-optogenetic_rat.jpg (19KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
images-optogenetic_rat.jpg
19KB, 480x320px
>>7753959
I mean they are already experimenting with controlling rats brains with electrical signals.

We could get to the point where we can give a human brain the electrical signals to start producing a certain chemical response and make them feel happy or sad.
>>
>>7753959
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaJjHgyHnEc

Here's a vid of it
>>
>>7753959

Neat. It would be pretty weird to backseat my own body if i had a prosthetic one.
>>
>>7753973
yeah.. "neat".
>>
>>7753976

If your worried about mind control why dont you just cut out your brain and stick it in your computer already, huh?
>>
>>7753980
I don't think there's anything that will stop the inevitable renaissance in mind control technology or the very long reach that arm will have.

I think the only real long term hope against becoming a drone is to have a fully synthetic brain that you can protect with increasingly complex encryption you develop using your increased cognitive abilities as a machine.
>>
File: HiveMind_4915.png (144KB, 346x156px) Image search: [Google]
HiveMind_4915.png
144KB, 346x156px
>>7753989
Nations will be replaced with hiveminds.
Inevitably, everyone will integrate under Go- I mean Google...'s quantum computer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44MgTxurHac
>>
>>7753989

It sounds like you have no will power.
>>
>>7753995
Things like will power are un-quantifiable abstracts and are also subject to external forces.

Can a paraplegic will themselves to move again?
No, just like those with mind control devices installed will not be able to will themselves to do things free of this control.
>>
>>7754000
Well if they have to install them on you or any other way just stop them from doing it, friend.
>>
File: viral-lung-infections.jpg (43KB, 460x265px) Image search: [Google]
viral-lung-infections.jpg
43KB, 460x265px
>>7754005
Well they can still get to me with inhale-ables like nanomachines. That's why I need a synthetic brain that isn't connected externally in anyway like the human brain. Even then it'll be really hard to combat nanomachines designed to interface with my brains particular hardware. Inevitably everything will be assimilated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnaTtsClgc4
>>
>>7753937
>Are you allowed to talk about what you are working on?

Yes, there are no NDAs for the kind of stuff I'm doing. I'd guess that the majority of DARPA projects are the same. We're a lab at a university, and we publish and publicize what we're working on all the time.
>>
File: cyborg-of-the-matrix.jpg (323KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
cyborg-of-the-matrix.jpg
323KB, 1920x1200px
>>7754009
Of course the nanomachines would have to build a mind control device and middle ware to interface with whatever architecture housing my consciousness so I could create a nano-synthetic "immune system" to destroy all forien devices created in my systems and even have monitors to keep on a look out for them in my systems.

Synthetic bodies are so vastly superior to organic bodies. evolution, that's what it's all about.
>>
>>7754015
did not know that robot had the kabbalah on his head when I posted it.
>>
>>7754012
care to let us know what it is you are working on? or do you prefer nobody form 4chan knows?
>>
>>7754015
But then someone could just invent the nanomachine version of HIV and shut your immune system down and they would be able to take over your brain again.

No I think I'm right in saying that inevitably everything will be assimilated under the control of one entity. oh well
>>
hopefully I didn't scare everyone off with my tin foil hat talk about mind control and nano machines and cyborg brains.
>>
darpa...

dunno but the heatwave...may be a small nuclear explosion, nuclear-->slow release radiant heat conversion-->re absorption.
>>
>>7754045
you are in California right?
California always has heat waves it's not Scianormal
>>
>>7754045
Darpa and PIN= Pindar
>>
>>7754031
it will be fed to you via your nostrils.

I heard some of the bad guys in the u.s are boycotting russian medicine. so dont order from russia. Not that its bad because it can be excellent grade. but some of the inner circle of trust within the feds are more than willing to say russia is sending toxic products.
>>
>>7753937
Have you ever enjoyed a fed torture session? Well it goes back to mk ultra.

Brainwashing is done via TV by hijacking the signal reception and adding a layer of static enabled hypnographs. This technique ran rampant post 9-11.
>>
>>7754052
Pindar is a supposed fictional person that has control over every nuclear arsenal in the face of this planet. A secured and insured, bonded person. The worst possible way.
>>
>>7754063
>Have you ever enjoyed a fed torture session?

No what is that?

The rest of your post is tin foil bullshit though, you'd sound more credible if you said they were broadcasting brainwaves.
>>
>>7754069
he's part robot. brought back from the dead.
>>
>>7754063
as for the static thing...its strong enough to induce nerve damage.
>>
this thread has been hijacked by tin foil shit posters *sigh*
>>
>>7754073
they've been broadcasting brainwaves since 2000. around same time the broke the genome. small silicon receptors suspended in gel or glycerol. become attached to the scalp. they react very bad to solar rays. they use it with special hypno gram software. but static is the norm right now.
>>
>>7754069
level 2 clearance.
level 1 is time travel.
>>
>>7754069
Tell me about pindar, why does he control the arsenal?
>>
>>7754081
That gives me a boner. Tell me more batshit yet plausible when explained science conspiracies.
>>
>>7754083
fictional legend says he was a bad son of a bitch. and got penalized. so he worked in the nuclear armament. which is a death penalty all by itself. he just got accustomed to that living and no one is as crazy as him.
>>
>>7754090
my god, does the government know about pindar?
>>
>>7754088
"plausible"
>>
>>7754090
legend has it that he likes taking people to see their funeral. when you have that dream pindar is near. he was born to death. and is a skin walker. after every job he picks up a different body.
>>
>>7754108
pindar sounds spooky. has does he keep getting new bodies and controlling all these nukes?
>>
>>7754108
story is, that they don't like him, very much. but is the person for the job. he died once. they brought a small piece of plutonium orange and tied him down and let the whole house burn. story caught stream within some sectors and a level 1, time traveler brought him back to life. Supposedly his sin was only, thinking how to stash away uranium.
>>
File: iwalk_powerfoot.jpg (524KB, 751x885px) Image search: [Google]
iwalk_powerfoot.jpg
524KB, 751x885px
>>7754121
what the fuck are you even talking about

this threads topic is DARPA and what it's working on.

Let's get back on track

PROSTHETICS how advanced will they get? will they surpass organic limbs?
>>
>>7754115
nope. there is something around the edges of self perceptual memory--> nuclear memory. he's been around nuclear energy, the energy of life. he changes after every contract and every day that passes the nuclear energy forges a new identity.

>>7754124
I wouldn't talk about darpa matter. i wouldn't even know half the shit those guys do.
>>
>>7754135
radiation is an awesome field dont know too much about it. but i heard creepy shit. like there being a machine you can go into. that measures certain energies...and it can tap into the mind of whoever is thinking about you and make moving pictures of their surrounding and memory.
>>
they have a viable, working, cloaking technology. The current focus is improving/blurring the edge lines. As the object moves through the atmosphere there is an outline shimmer. (The objects are fucking huge too, not your average 747 size).
>>
Nice pop sci

faggots
>>
File: 1446761495667.png (121KB, 325x282px) Image search: [Google]
1446761495667.png
121KB, 325x282px
>>7754045
>>7754069
>>7754074
>>7754081
>>7754082
>>7754108
>>7754121
>>7754135
>[schizophrenic psychosis intensifies]
>>
What the fuck is going on here.Are you all referencing some movie/game/book I have never heard about or am I tripping

What is Pindar even supposed to be
>>
>>7754404
where the fuck are we? how did we get here?

You know there are people like you who always seem to look down on the smart, creative beings. Yet always take their information. It's like corporate spying. It must be going on a lot if society not even part of it starts behaving a certain way.
>>
>>7754588
It's like that old joke between Saint Peter and a Rabbi. A rabbi by the name of Judas, goes to Peter and says. Peter, I have 2 sheep for you, give me 2 coins for them. Peter says, none sense, why would I want to buy sheep, if i have plenty. But if you want I'll take your 2 coins.
>>
>>7754599
some people want the money or the juice out of something. not the friendship.
>>
>>7754599
Judas throws a tantrum and mocks Peter. Tells Peter what he is going to die from. So Judas called Peter, the sneak.
>>
>>7754632
This is why we celebrate Hanukkah and Christmas. In the old times Jews dressed up the middle candle in the menorah as Jesus. And Christians dressed up a tree with decorations called Judases and they were many.
>>
>>7754636
i know this has nothing to do with science. but there is a little fact. Christians decorated trees, with decorations that symbolized every soul killed and recently deceased from the community. So they could be raised/resurrected closer to God.
>>
File: IMG_02091.jpg (329KB, 1361x907px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_02091.jpg
329KB, 1361x907px
>>7753902
>>7753897
>>7753924
Cybernetics is all well and good until someone hacks your eyes.

Oh, and heck out what the private sector is doing for military,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YLwTJMyoB8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDsNZJTWw0w
>>
>>7754689
When everyone has the equal ability to hack each other's eyes, no one will be doing it anymore.
>>
>>7754695
The same could be said for normal PC use and viruses. Yet, it is still done because it is big money.

Imagine getting your eyes hacked and needing to pay a ransom in bitcoin to some random Russian organization. That is done constantly with HDDs and the files they contain.

People would hack for profit/advertising, political agenda, and 100 other stupid reasons.
>>
>>7754780
>it is big money
That's the other component that must be in place for this to work, which may begin to be addressed by the coming wave of automation.
>>
>>7754103
given what we know about the brains receptivity to certain waveforms, yeah it's possible. Though the message will probably be more along the lines of "buy more stuff faggot, listen to this ad, every bad thing is your own fault." We are still much owned more by corporations atm
>>
One of their projects is a self-programming AI.
Source: It's my day job.
>>
>>7754689
Amazing. I wish I had the skills and preparation to work on devices like this. Truly meaningful and interesting work.
>>
>>7753943
I think this may not be the case for machine learning.
>>
>>7754599
>>7754602
>>7754632
>>7754636
>>7754648
I think you should seek mental health resources.
>>
>>7755102
Yeah. Nando Frietas recently published work relating to this. He used a reduced instruction set very similar to basic or assembly and trained a multi-layered lstm network to run bubble-sort.

Also. Who funds anyone working on something that cool? Or did you mean to say that you're working on Darpa research?
>>
>>7755177
missed new thread[spoiler]?[/spoiler]
>>
>>7755141
yeah, he just said one of darpas projects is a self programming AI, that means uncle sam is providing the funding.
>>
>>7753939
>>7753943
>>7753952
In terms on innovation, the NSA is probably behind the private sector. Where the fuck do you think they get their mathematicians and technology? From universities, just like everyone else does, and from manufacturers, just like everyone else does.

People going around saying "the NSA is the all-seeing all-powerful big brother, fear it!!1!!" piss me off.

The NSA is part of the government. It's inefficient and there is a mile high stack of red tape everywhere, nothing is done without multiple people approving it. To the people who think that the NSA is watching them, or tracking the movements of all Americans, let me tell that they have not the resources nor the fucks to give to monitor American civilians, when their job is to keep an eye on the rest of the world and their degenerate fucktards.
>>
>>7755323
Their entire job is National Security, hence the name. Security concerns outside the US is for the CIA and military. Crime inside the US is what the FBI handles as well as the SBI's for each state
>>
>>7755287
Well there are thousands of self programming AIs you need to be more specific. In computer science you take a class and make it a parent class and then tell the program to make a bunch of copies of those frames with specific attributes. So yes; code can write code and any amateur can write the code to do so. You need to be more specific when you say self programming because there have been millions of self programming AIs made.
>>
>>7755323
Have you ever seen the 1997 movie "Cube"?
>>
>>7755386
Their job is quite literally to spy on the citizenry. But no one can really say so explicitly, hence the surprise when they actually do their job.
>>
>>7753980
I WANT CAROLINE TO RUN THIS PLACE
>>
File: BobPage.png (296KB, 515x510px) Image search: [Google]
BobPage.png
296KB, 515x510px
>>7753835
IT'S HAPPENING
>>
Come on guys.
Nanomachines? Neural prosthetics?

I know /sci/ aren't the brightest bunch, but this stuff is pure fantasy.
>>
>>7753841
>hey
>hey
>so whatre you up to
>stuff
>what kind of stuff
>? technology stuff. why?
>no reason
>...
>so whatre you up to lol
>>
>>7757712
WHY CONTAIN IT
>>
>>7753835
Some of the stuff they are working on is pretty impressive,

https://youtu.be/Ip_WqX8nmKY
>>
File: claimed.png (381KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
claimed.png
381KB, 900x506px
yes but willl DARPA make anime real
what is you're waifu /sci/?
>>
>>7757951
I'd like to meet an adult Lain.
>>
>>7753924
>Digitalization of someone's brain.

Won't happen m8.
>>
File: ruuko.png (261KB, 273x560px) Image search: [Google]
ruuko.png
261KB, 273x560px
>>7757951
ruuko is a best girl
you're waifu a shit

DARPA employees have living waifus and they share it
>>
>>7753883
obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRbvNL1PHKg
>>
>>7758204
nice meme
>>
>>7757746
google it you sperg

"darpa neural prosthetics"

And see what come up, it's not fantasy it's reality.
>>
>>7757746
It's a current and "classified" research project, but some aspects of it have been disclosed publicly.

http://www.darpa.mil/program/re-net-reliable-peripheral-interfaces
>>
File: 1451536176727.gif (208KB, 354x534px) Image search: [Google]
1451536176727.gif
208KB, 354x534px
>>7757951
reporting in
>>
>>7758116

Why do you think it won't happen?
>>
>>7757746

Go away troll.
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.