[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How high can I increase my IQ this summer? picrelated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: IMAG0032.jpg (1MB, 2592x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0032.jpg
1MB, 2592x1728px
How high can I increase my IQ this summer? picrelated
>>
By learning calculus.

\displaystyle OP = \int_{0}^{a} fg dt
>>
>>6590372
Lol
>>
20-30 points, doing iq tests.
>>
>>6590335
Java will make you retarded
>>
>>6590335
>A guide to Microsoft Excel

Please tell me you had it for free.
(if these are your books)
>>
If you seriously think a bunch of programming books will make you smarter then you are already beyond redemption.
>>
Just read. Read anything really. Fiction and non-fiction. The secret to raising your IQ is to be able to draw connections to seemingly unconnected things. And reading certainly increases your knowledge base ( the non-fiction does), and fiction increases your creativity levels. People with a high IQ know a lot of facts and are quite imaginative.
>>
>>6590397
>Read anything really.

I'd even say force yourself to read things that seem stupid and try to make somehow sense out of them. Great exercise
>>
>>6590411
That is ridiculous
>>
You could start off by putting a space between "pic" and "related," you retard.
>>
>>6590413

Nope. I mean, it is ridiculous just as a child who can't stop asking "why" is. People seem to be afraid of reading or learning anything that seems stupid or nonsensical because they think they'll get more stupid in the process. But it's actually fun and stimulating. Forcing yourself to think in new ways while not necessarily agreeing with them.
Great exercise, will increase your ability to understand impartially ideas (and people) faster
>>
With a lot of training you could possibly reach a score of 80 this summer. Congratulations, you are almost as smart as Koko the gorilla. I believe in you, OP. You can do it!
>>
>>6590435
You seem to read a lot of philosophy.
>>
>>6590442

Well, yeah, ocasionally. Whenever I feel uninspired. But I'd agree with the other anon that if you choose books it's more about the reading process than the books themselves
>>
>>6590335
>see Java
>instantly sneer

/g/ has ruined me
>>
>>6590453
Reading books (besides the actual knowledge obtained) is a faux experience "supplement" to your fluid intelligence, wouldn't you say?
>>
>>6590399
How does reading increase IQ? I don't see (funny enough) the connection between drawing connections and reading
>>
By exactly 0 points.

Your are being born with a certain brain and that's it. Not much you can do about it. You will never have photographic memory or some kind of brilliance with this or that and so on.

If you are doing that shit for any other reason then fun, you are doing it wrong. You can see a connection between all of the Nobel prize winners and Ph.D. people: They all did it for fun. Ever since they were 15 that shit was fun for them and so they did it.
>>
>>6590479
>>6590486
>>6590480

Guys, OP could not have meant it literally. This is not the thread for sperging.
>>
>>6590479

>faux experience "supplement"

I guess you can put it that way

The brain really doesn't care the content of what you read. However, getting used to the activity/experience of reading and thinking actually changes the way your brain functions

I'd only say that once you get really used to reading, it might become unstimulating

>>6590486

>Your are being born with a certain brain and that's it.

No.
>>
>>6590506
(your reply to >>6590479) That's a pretty fair point that not being desensitized to a certain environment is constructive
>>
>>6590512

Yes. What you said seems to be common sense when studying animal behaviour.

However for some reason many tend to avoid the thought that we humans are no different
>>
>>6590372
top kek
>>
>>6590486
>Being this much of a biological determinism.

It's 2014.
>>
File: 1389787073632.jpg (97KB, 599x602px) Image search: [Google]
1389787073632.jpg
97KB, 599x602px
I don't think it's possible to increase your IQ, but you can educate yourself.

I plan on doing the same this summer.
>>
>>6590335

Read nothing in the left colum and everything in the right column except for the Java book.
>>
>>6590395
That's actually pretty useful
>>
Reading is often necessary in the learning process, but first of all you have to do shit OP.

Read shit, apply it even in a dumb and non-useful way.
This is how you learn.
>>
>>6590335

go to coursera and learn shit
that's what I'm gonna do
>>
Why care about iq? This summer I decided to learn physics. Just learn shit op.
>>
>>6590335
Burn all the book in pic related
>>
File: Pygame_logo-590x177.jpg (27KB, 590x177px) Image search: [Google]
Pygame_logo-590x177.jpg
27KB, 590x177px
You could enjoy messing with colourful pixels.
>>
>>6590643
>It's 2014.
Yes and biological determinism is rapidly growing in popularity.
>>
>>6590372
Good job.
>>
>>6590399
History àu go-go!
>>
>>6590643
It's bout 60% of the equation, really. The rest is environment, but if you weren't molded from a young age to do xyz activity which would increase your IQ while still growing, you're screwed.
>>
>>6590335
Fluid intelligence (Gf) includes the broad ability to reason, form concepts, and solve problems using unfamiliar information or novel procedures.
Crystallized intelligence (Gc) includes the breadth and depth of a person's acquired knowledge, the ability to communicate one's knowledge, and the ability to reason using previously learned experiences or procedures.
Quantitative reasoning (Gq) is the ability to comprehend quantitative concepts and relationships and to manipulate numerical symbols.
Reading and writing ability (Grw) includes basic reading and writing skills.
Short-term memory (Gsm) is the ability to apprehend and hold information in immediate awareness, and then use it within a few seconds.
Long-term storage and retrieval (Glr) is the ability to store information and fluently retrieve it later in the process of thinking.
Visual processing (Gv) is the ability to perceive, analyze, synthesize, and think with visual patterns, including the ability to store and recall visual representations.
Auditory processing (Ga) is the ability to analyze, synthesize, and discriminate auditory stimuli, including the ability to process and discriminate speech sounds that may be presented under distorted conditions.
Processing speed (Gs) is the ability to perform automatic cognitive tasks, particularly when measured under pressure to maintain focused attention.
Decision/reaction time/speed (Gt)reflects the immediacy with which an individual can react to stimuli or a task (typically measured in seconds or fractions of seconds; it is not to be confused with Gs, which typically is measured in intervals of 2–3 minutes). See Mental chronometry.

This is what define I.Q. All of those things can be improved by reading books.
>>
>>6590335
Bar none.
>>
>>6590806
Or you could use those books as if they were Legos. Yeah.
>>
>>6590814
Or you could read.
>>
>>6590806
this is true
>>
File: 1402617174035.jpg (19KB, 515x306px) Image search: [Google]
1402617174035.jpg
19KB, 515x306px
>>6590817
>>
>>6590806

Is this the modern conception of intelligence?
Seems awfully antiquated
>>
>>6590372
fga?
>>
>>6590829
>intelligence
Intelligence and I.Q are two different things. Intelligence is being able to learn and apply the learnt knowledge. I.Q is the criteria shown above though intelligence is a factor for I.Q Anyways, I would say my intelligence is lacking for the most part because I have trouble learning and tying ropes yet I'm reading a biography about Charles Darwin.
>>
>>6590834
or fag
commutativity nigger
>>
/sci/ I need help

I need access to this article:
http://esp.sagepub.com/content/7/3/179.abstract

Apparently my uni doesn't subscribe to the Journal of European Social Policy. Can anyone with access download it and share it with me?
>>
>>6590837
>Intelligence and I.Q are two different things.

My point is that IQ is talked about as if it were a relevant measure of intelligence. I don't believe it is, especially in modern times

(also I don't know exactly what you meant in the rest of what you wrote. I've been recently reading about Darwin also. Interesting stuff)
>>
>>6590335
All I see is coding books. One literally has the word "idiot" in it.
So to answer your inquiry, I suggest taking baby-steps at first, don't over-exert. Try reading a comic-book, then move on to a childrens book. That should get you started. Keep going like that.

At the end of the summer, you might be able to play tic-tac-toe without losing.
>>
>>6590480
Reading requires (and enchances) concentrating. The general skill of of being able to concentrate is universally good.
>>
>>6590874

Everyone has and uses that skill regularly, just not towards things considered relevant or useful
>>
>>6590335
I also have Python for the absolute beginner!

Did you enjoy it?
>>
>>6590806
I have problems with short-term memory.

I find it difficult to concentrate. Do you think that by using some kind of ADHD medication such as Ritalian or Adderall could help me with this?

It's very difficult to get an adult ADHD diagnosis in the UK.
>>
>>6590898
>Do you think that by using some kind of ADHD medication such as Ritalian or Adderall could help me with this?
No,

get the heavy metals out of your body, check your thyroid etc etc
>>
>>6590904
Why is there so much prejudice against ADHD medication?

If it helps an individual concentrate, why would it be deemed a bad thing?
>>
THIS SUMMER i DECIDED TOO PARTY HARD IN A LOAD OF FESTIVALS.

WELL BETTER THAN UR STUPID EDUCATION BLAHAHAHA
>>
>>6590910
>Why is there so much prejudice against ADHD medication?
Because it damages the brain.
Because it doesn't fix the underlying conditions that cause "ADHD".

Change your diet and get tested for metals, asshole.
>>
>>6590915
How to remove heavy metal from your body? Moshpitting?
>>
File: 1395472463961.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1395472463961.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>6590944
>>
>>6590944
Chelators like DMPS and EDTA.
>>
>>6590476
iktfb
>>
>>6590335
>pic related
>beginners CS books
Is this a troll?
>>
>>6590335
>PHP
>SQL
>JSS
>CSS
>Excel

>buying a book for python
>buying 2 books for python
>actually learning java while being introduced to c++

>random "advanced engineering mathematics"

I understand you are probably CEE but some of this shit makes no sense. Why couldn't you just look at the fucking documentation?

>Also
I stand firmly when I say I hate matlab having used it when C++ and python both exist.
>>
>>6590915
Metals? What do you mean "metals"?

I have a good diet. I've always been ADHD. I have poor comprehension despite being able to read words fluently. Remembering what I read is a difficult task.
>>
>>6591087
>Metals? What do you mean "metals"?
Mercury, lead, cadmium etc

They get into your body, mess with proteins and shit, get into cells, get into your brain.

Even a little bit can cause ADHD in certain people that don't have the right genes to detoxify them.
>>
>>6591099
I've had it since I was a child.
>>
>>6591101
Metals in the womb.
Or you could have thyroid issues.

Or bad genes I dunno.
>>
Bumping for leltacular thread
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.