[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to Get Smarter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 12

File: BigBrainManBooks.jpg (49KB, 254x400px) Image search: [Google]
BigBrainManBooks.jpg
49KB, 254x400px
Will regular reading broaden my vocabulary?

Is there any legitimacy in those "Brain Games" that claim to expand your mental abilities?

What about claims that regular exercise and certain foods -- rich in Vitamin D and Omega 3 -- will help grow my intelligence?

Is it all bullshit?
Am I forever doomed to be a dummy?

Or can I become a genius if only I put in the hard work?
>>
The more you read and struggle with hard things the more you get used to it. If it is confusing and hard it is usually an indication that you're learning. Unless its so far above you that you don't get anything.
>>
Regular reading is the ONLY thing that will broaden your vocabulary.
About a year ago I didn't know the first thing about science and wanted to become a musician. Now I'm studying ICT, earth sciences and remote sensing and I'm loving it. I just read popsci articles until they were beneath me and then started with the harder stuff.
>>
>>6582235
No need to be a genius to learn bro. Just enjoy the process of learning without worrying about how quickly it grows your intelligence. Math and science aren't just cool because studying them makes you smarter
>>
>Will regular reading broaden my vocabulary?
Yes, of course it will.

>Is there any legitimacy in those "Brain Games" that claim to expand your mental abilities?
Somewhat. I don't think they make your more "intelligent" per se, but they keep you sharp. If their product makes a claim regarding health, the company either needs to put a disclaimer saying something like "this statement not evaluated by etc etc" or they need to cite some research (although that may not be high quality research) or they can be sued for false advertising. So I'm pretty sure there is some evidence supporting those games.

>What about claims that regular exercise and certain foods -- rich in Vitamin D and Omega 3 -- will help grow my intelligence?
The claim isn't that those things GROW your intelligence, the claim is that those things are necessary to keep your brain in good health, which is true.

>Or can I become a genius if only I put in the hard work?
You don't need to be smart to be the best at something, you just need to do it better than everyone else. Being smart gives an edge, but for most things, putting in more practice will always trump higher intelligence.

>Am I forever doomed to be a dummy?
No. This is just personal experience, but from what I've seen most of what makes up general intelligence can be learned. While it's true that intelligence is heritable to some extent, most of what makes smart people smart are just good habits with regards to thinking. I'm not sure the best way to learn those habits, but a good place to start is to look into "Critical Thinking" and try to develop those concepts into habits. In short, critical thinking is a way of reflecting on your own thoughts and actions to drive self-improvement.
>>
Rescuing a nearly-dead thread.
>>
>>6582235
>How to Get Smarter
Being smart and having a broad vocabulary are 2 very different things.
>>
>>6582235
Y u wanna b smart 4? Fuk studies. Blaze it 420. #dontbeanerdloser
>>
Neurobro here

>Is there any legitimacy in those "Brain Games" that claim to expand your mental abilities?
Not a shred. It's modern day snake oil. Lumosity's claim that their shit is "based on the science of neuroplasticity" is a running joke in my lab. Those brain training companies love to spout off a bunch of meaningless jargon to sound legit to laypeople.

>What about claims that regular exercise and certain foods -- rich in Vitamin D and Omega 3 -- will help grow my intelligence?
I don't know much about this, but if there is a real effect it's weak and probably only the result of such things keeping you in peak health and thus peak cognition. Same reason why you would score higher on an IQ test when you don't have the flu vs. when you have the flu.

Depends on what you mean by "regular reading". There are people who consider classical literature "regular reading" and there are people who consider "Twilight" "regular reading". But in general, fiction books aimed at adults should introduce you to some new words each book.

The more you work at something the better you'll get at it. Suck at math and want to be good at it? Do more math. However, practicing math won't make you better at writing essays, because even if you get awesome at math you haven't increased your IQ, you've only gotten good at math.

This is why those brain training games are bullshit. Yes, you will get better at their metrics that are based entirely off your performance on those games, but only because you're only getting better at those specific games. The skills don't transfer. In my lab I was talking to my mentor and we were half-joking around about getting our hands on some real IQ tests and basing a brain training game around them. That way our customers would show massive IQ score gains, with the scam being that they haven't actually gotten smarter, only better at taking those IQ tests.
>>
How do I increase my articulation?

I have trouble speaking sentences, words that I can spell without thinking are just hard to say. I even have trouble saying "the day" and get tongue-tied on novel sentences.

I'm smart on paper, but a retard in speech.
>>
>>6582235
You're born smart if you are INTP or INTJ.
>>
>>6584382
Have you looked into dual-n back or spatial intelligence at all? Your claims sound like a GP or other retarded doctor telling me Prozac is a cure for depression. You're clearly not studying neurology or you'd know better.
>>
>>6584382
1. Your lab? High scool classroom doesn't count as a lab.
2. Brain games help to develop logical thinking. Something that is very difficult to accomplish in today's world.
3. Sounds like you need to play some of those brain games m8.
>>
>>6584392
Speak to more people. Don't be nervous. Don't speak quickly, it makes you sound unimportant. Flow without thinking, and accept the due slip ups. Don't dwell on it.
>>
>>6582235
Yes you fucking lazy retard. You think Einstein just sat around all day. Get out there and become the genius you were meant to be.
>>
>>6584447
My daily brain regime consists of rubbing my stomach and patting my head. It helps develop my motor-kinaesthetic-hapto-perceptual pathways and harness my true neuronic potential.
>>
>>6584393
What about ENTP?
>>
I just play with math when I get bored
>>
>>6584382
Some types of computerized cognitive training / cognitive rehabilitation have been shown to help deficits in diseased states though, e.g. schizophrenia. And they do in fact transfer significantly.
>>
>>6582235
>How do become genius?
I'm not trying to become a genius, just trying to become "better" in general.

Just follow my lead:

>wake up at 5 am every day
>20 mins of stretches
>eat a big breakfast (eggs, bacon, carbs, juice, milk, etc.)
>have 10 vocab words for the day, start learning them at breakfast and will periodically check myself throughout the day (also have a weekly review)
>take some multivitamins/smoothie, making sure to get dat vitamin D and Omega 3s
>go for a long jog while listening to classical music or complex jazz
>hot shower
>face the day! :D

Also, my daily study regime:

>30 mins X subject (maths, computer stuff, programming, anything really)
>15 mins rest (close my eyes and practice mindfulness meditation / breathing / pondering the meaning of existence, etc.)
>30 mins studying Spanish (Duolingo, listen to Spanish music, or watch some Spanish interviews)
>15 mins rest
>30 mins music theory and guitar practice
>15 mins rest
>repeat
>30 mins of exercise (usually Yoga)
>LUNCH :D (an hour or so to cook & eat a healthy meal)
>back to the start and repeat until evening time

I have nothing else to fill my time with,
so I'm trying to improve myself as much as possible.
>>
File: Jeff Goldblum.png (288KB, 464x482px) Image search: [Google]
Jeff Goldblum.png
288KB, 464x482px
How do I improve my ability to think critically, laterally, creatively and constructively,
and my ability to practically apply those thinking skills?

CAN IT BE DONE?
>>
>>6584665
program
>>
>>6584648
Goes to show how different people are. If I'ld follow your advice I'ld literally get nothing done and would be quite miserable. .P
>>
omega 3 is conclusively proven to improve brain function

take your cod liver oil
>>
Dropping out of college (polytechlevel) with Electrical Engineering as studies, only after 1 term.

It's fucking with my brain.

I can't even really understand circuit plans, easier ones.

And then now they are already at magnetical circuit plans.

The applied formulas get more and more complicated.

During lectures I only sit there, like a hollow shell.

It was not meant to be.
>>
>>6584866
Bummer, I guess.

How is this relevant to this thread, however?
>>
>>6584681
>conclusively proven
Source.
>>
File: laughing.gif (1MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
laughing.gif
1MB, 400x225px
>>6582235
>become a genius through hard work
>become a genius
>through hard work
>hard
>work
>mfw
>>
>>6582235
Being a genius is what others perceive of you. If you want to be perceived as a genius makes sure that you think about everything you say.
>>
>>6584949
IF genius is defined as "successful in a intellectual field", then there is no way to become a genius without hard work.
>>
>>6584866

you are it
>>
>>6584382
>"based on the science of neuroplasticity"
>meaningless jargon
but that makes sense - based on the study of how the brain's function can change.
>>
File: KidLaptopt2.png (179KB, 300x399px) Image search: [Google]
KidLaptopt2.png
179KB, 300x399px
>>6584949
>insulting others' intelligence
>anime
EPIK POAST
>>>/b/RO XD
>>
gen·ius
/?j?ny?s/
noun

1.) Exceptional intellectual or creative power or other natural ability.

2.) A person who is exceptionally intelligent or creative, either generally or in some particular respect.

(Sounds like an innate quality; ya either got it or ya ain't.
Sorry OP)
>>
Why doesn't anyone want to get dumber?
>>
>>6585603
Why do you think people drink?
>>
>>6585642
You mean right now?
>>
>>6582235
I have noticed that olive oil and eggs seem to increase my memory a bit
>>
File: tetris.jpg (38KB, 327x315px) Image search: [Google]
tetris.jpg
38KB, 327x315px
I've heard that playing Tetris is good for this, for obvious reasons.

Same with Rubik's cubes.
>>
>>6584382
I refute the claim that being good at math doesn't correlate with increased IQ, being good at math makes you more efficient in thinking logically, application of logical thinking to other pursuits = better performance, so wouldn't that correlate with higher IQ?
>>
>>6585603
I wish i did not have to think anymore. Life would be a lot less stressful.

I wish I was a mole in the ground.
>>
read a book called "Flowers for Algernon"
>>
>>6585553
That's because people label others as geniuses and lament that they weren't born that way.

Hypothetically, if someone who wasn't "born a genius" did something so great that everyone loved them for it, that person would be labelled a genius and everyone would still presume that it's something you're born with. Average people are lazy shits who like to believe that their actions are not guided by their own choices, but rather by fate. It's a great excuse to tell yourself when you don't live up to your dreams: "Oh, if only Fate hadn't prevented me from achieving my life-long goals! Oh! Woe is me!"
>>
>>6584382
Hey bro, please tell me, is Dual N Back a scam too?
>>
>>6584648
Isn't stretching "cold" (I don't know if it's said like this in english, I mean without having warmed up your muscles) bad for muscles?
>>
>>6584648
uggh I really need to get on a schedule like that. So perfectly balanced.
>>
>>6585553
>ya got it or ya ain't
>ain't
Clearly, ya ain't.
>>
Are there scientific studies that show which methods of critical thinking actually make people smarter?
>>
>>6582235
coffee works, but only temporary :).
>>
>>6587519
No, because in order to conduct such a study one would first have to determine what it means to be "smarter", and since there is no consensus on that, there's nothing to study.
>>
>>6582235
Yes.

Yes.

>Does regular exercise and certain foods -- rich in Vitamin D and Omega 3 -- will help grow my intelligence?
Yes.

>Is it all bullshit?
No.

>Am I forever doomed to be a dummy?
No.

>Can I become a genius if only I put in the hard work?
Yes.
>>
File: 1373141295815.gif (2MB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
1373141295815.gif
2MB, 300x290px
>All these people ITT who think brain games can actually make you smarter.
>>
>>6582235
I'm not convinced that "intelligence" can be improved at all, but I think what you mean by the question is 'how can I become better at thinking'. Framing the question in this way allows you to avoid the debate of whether geniuses are born that way or not.

So, with the disclaimer over, how can one become better at thinking? It's an oft-quoted aphorism but I believe the secret to success is simply hard work.

I'd like to explain what I mean by 'hard work'. I mean ‘sustained focus’.

Firstly, this work must be efficient. Chipping away at stone with a pickaxe will work, but using TNT is much faster. You have to make your conditions for studying as optimal as possible: physically, mentally, and structurally. This means a good diet, good sleeping schedules, good exercise plans. It also means studying in a linear fashion using the best materials you can access. Keep to a schedule. Know your goals. Also, rest well. Schedule enough free time, and dedicate this time to being absolutely unproductive. Set breaks.

(pt.1)
>>
>>6582235
>>6587592
Why do people say work is hard? What makes studying or practicing something difficult? Here’s why: humans, once you remove the ego and the cerebellum, are still governed by the limbic system, which holds skewed views about work and reward. It wants instant gratification goddamnit, and it holds mastery in low esteem. But once you put the cerebellum back, with more logical and deeper reasoning, you realise that you need work to achieve success, and so your brain fights with itself; modern man against millions of years of evolution. Eastern religions, and more recently hippies and self-styled ‘lifestyle gurus’, preach the benefit of meditation to avoid this clash, and this is something I wholeheartedly agree with. When the mysticism is stripped away, meditation is an incredible tool for uniting yourself as a single cohesive point, mind and body. It trains focus, which probably is the main thing for sustained study.

tl;dr efficiency, planning, meditation – sustained HARD WORK towards a defined goal.
>>
>>6587593
I'm yet to know for a person who REALLY has meditation as a daily/weekly habit who can aknowledge about them benefits.
>>
>>6584680

No, you're a lazy idiot most likely.
>>
How did you teach yourself math, /sci/?
I have to admit I've never truly "understood" math. I've gone through the motions, done the homework, and gone to classes, but still end up never feeling like I know something. How can I learn before it's too late and I've entered college?
>>
>>6587673
as far as I can tell, there are people who just "get it" and those who don't

you can easily tell who the ones who 'get it' are; they're the ones who are finishing the professors sentences and asking advanced questions about the applications of new topics the same day they are introduced, rather than having to spend days/weeks/months to understand the new material; they just 'get it' immediately

you'll notice in college that there's always at least one person like that in every math class

I'm just like you. I do the work and try to figure shit out, then (and here's the key) really cram hard the day before an exam to force my brain to memorize enough to pass the tests

I'm fairly convinced that there's no way to get my brain on the next level to be like the really smart students
>>
>>6587691
I understand, I have no intention on becoming a prodigy. But I can't believe that I will never truly understand math, when so many others were in my position, then ended up becoming proficient, even majoring in math.
>>
>>6587700
Well, I doubt that there's something we can actively do to become like them.
If there were, I feel like I would know about it by now.
>>
>>6584393
sweet
>now, prove it.
>>
>>6587691
>(and here's the key) really cram hard the day before an exam to force my brain to memorize enough to pass the tests
This is why you're bad at math, just by the way.
>>
>>6587731
so it'd be better for me to fail?
>>
>>6587737
It would be better to actually learn the material (something you have to actively do all the time) rather than just trying to pass an exam the day before
>>
>>6587741
I don't see the benefit. Either way I wont be on the level of the people who get it without having to study or do any work or cram.

With your 'study all the time' method all I end up doing is spending way more time on the subject for the same result. 2 years later I still wont remember any of the material.
>>
>>6587746
I'm not saying keep your nose in a book 24/7. But if you study with the intentions of learning (this involves playing around with things beyond what was directly given to you), you will gain an understanding and not have to spend time cramming.
>>
>>6587492
It depends on whom you ask.

I consider it "warming up."
It's mostly just light stretches, nothing too intense.

You have to go from a "cold" state to a state of activity no matter what you do, though...
So I do light stretches to help my body "wake up" and loosen before I go for a jog.

>>6587514
>not recognizing when colloquial speech is used in place of Standard Format for the purposes of style and tone
Actually Anon, I'm afraid it is YOU that "ain't got" something.
(i.e. A FUKKEN BRAIN xD #rekt)

>>6587532
>tfw Mentats don't exist yet

>>6587574
>all those people on either side of the argument who have presented ZERO evidence

>>6587602
I meditate multiple times a day and have noticed a marked improvement in my overall wellbeing.

If you take it seriously and apply yourself you will reap the rewards.
>>
>>6587890
How do you meditate? Do you have a link of the method you use or can you explain it. I've meditated like 5 times before but usually my leg hurts me and I can never truly do it, but I am really trying to start and I know eventually my muscles will adjust to sitting crossed.
>>
>>6588063
You don't necessarily have to sit cross-legged.

Just choose any position that is comfortable for you.
For example, I often will just lie down on my back.

If you're interested in learning more about meditation, look into something called "Mindfulness Meditation."
This is the kind that is often used as treatment for things like anxiety disorders and it has a LOT of legitimate scientific evidence backing it up.
I'm not to interested in the spiritual aspect of meditating, I treat it as a pragmatic tool to sharpen my mind.

Here's a great vid on some of the science behind it:
>Google Talk -- The Cognitive Neuroscience of Mindfulness Meditation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf6Q0G1iHBI

^(despite the title, it's very easy to understand and follow)

Another great vid,
Jon Kabat-Zinn (one of the foremost in the field of Mindfulness, great guy to check out) gives a great talk about it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nwwKbM_vJc

I like these vids because they avoid some of the more "New Age" stuff you'll occasionally encounter when researching meditation,
and they view it from a very practical standpoint.

>explain the method you use
Sure. Here is what I do, but what works for you may be different:

>relax in a resting position, some times laying down, sometimes sitting
>close my eyes
>try to control my breathing, taking long, slow breaths in ..... and out. ....
>try to allow myself to be "aware" of everything around me
>try to be "here" right now. don't allow myself to think about the future or the past. only what is "now"
>whenever a thought comes into my mind, release it
>whenever i have a distraction, release it
>just focus on breathing; in .... and out . ...
>and focus on what is here and now.

It's hard to explain but it will make sense if you look into it.

Good luck, Anon! :)
>>
File: ETflowers.png (81KB, 150x250px) Image search: [Google]
ETflowers.png
81KB, 150x250px
Here's a peer-reviewed paper that answers some of the questions ITT:

>Abstract:

>Does cognitive training work? There are numerous commercial training interventions claiming to improve general mental capacity; however, the scientific evidence for such claims is sparse. Nevertheless, there is accumulating evidence that certain cognitive interventions are effective. Here we provide evidence for the effectiveness of cognitive (often called “brain”) training. However, we demonstrate that there are important individual differences that determine training and transfer. We trained elementary and middle school children by means of a videogame-like working memory task. We found that only children who considerably improved on the training task showed a performance increase on untrained fluid intelligence tasks. This improvement was larger than the improvement of a control group who trained on a knowledge-based task that did not engage working memory; further, this differential pattern remained intact even after a 3-mo hiatus from training. We conclude that cognitive training can be effective and long-lasting, but that there are limiting factors that must be considered to evaluate the effects of this training, one of which is individual differences in training performance. We propose that future research should not investigate whether cognitive training works, but rather should determine what training regimens and what training conditions result in the best transfer effects, investigate the underlying neural and cognitive mechanisms, and finally, investigate for whom cognitive training is most useful.

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2011/06/03/1103228108.abstract
>>
>>6588123
Thank you so much.
>>
Bumping.

Anyone got any links to some of them games that'll make my brain smarter?
>>
File: ChessKngs.gif (311KB, 600x803px) Image search: [Google]
ChessKngs.gif
311KB, 600x803px
There is some evidence to support the idea that playing the game "Chess" actually makes you smarter:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_as_mental_training

Any Chess players on /sci/?
>>
>>6590448
yeah. but i usually only play 3min chess.
I can't get over 1500.

If I take time and go play 10min or 15min chess i can sometimes beat 1700-1800 rated players.
>>
>>6590514
I'm a chess-retard.

I lose to the computer even with unlimited time.
I feel like a fucking drooling moron because I can't even beat it on the lowest difficulty.

:(
>>
>>6590537
chess.com has a nice chess course + tactics to improve your rating... and you can join tournaments/1on1 challenges, read forums, follow grandmasters' games,..
>>
>>6590563
Thanks!

I was just dicking around on Lichess against the machine.
>>
http://www.scotthyoung.com/blog/Programs/HolisticLearningEBook.pdf

i'm just going to leave it here.
>>
File: McKidsThumbsUp.png (175KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
McKidsThumbsUp.png
175KB, 400x400px
>>6590626
Thanks for sharing that, Anon. :)
>>
>>6582250

what do you call "harder stuff"?
>>
>>6590626
Thanks!
>>
>>6590626
> http://www.scotthyoung.com/blog/Programs/HolisticLearningEBook.pdf

(English is a foreign language for me, and I'm tired.)

I've discovered this one or two weeks ago. I already use some technics: I explain things to me a lot, but in my head (not that efficient I think, it's probably better to do it on paper), and I try to search if I already know something that's related to what I'm learning (like the effect of light on the circadien system, and my lesson on photons' energy, wavelength, etc.).

When I was a child, I used to do analogies a lot, but peoples tell me that's shit, so I've stopped to do it systematicaly. In fact, it's probably very good: when I do it, I feel like i'm understanting, learning faster and better.

I'm starting to search analogies, or to relate things with others, also I'm trying to write in longhand my explanations. I don't know if Young's method is good, but it seems to be good.

Also, I use Supermemo, and I'm suprised: in the Supermemo's wiki, they tell the same things: - understanting is the priority (SY says the same);
- rot memorization is shit;
- you need to have a lot of sources (via the Incremental Reading and the tons of articles that you can put in it. SY's view: it's the "acquire phase");
- you need to put more stuff in your Incremental Reading process whenever you find a gap or an error in your knowledge (SY: debuging phase);
- similary, you can put some extra informations, like the history of a theorem, in order to understand it better (SY: explore phase);
- you need to simplify a lot, but without any loss in information... (SY: with analogies, 5-Year old method...).
>>
File: 1333387914464.png (292KB, 448x335px) Image search: [Google]
1333387914464.png
292KB, 448x335px
>>6587691
World isn't black and white. I would divide the math students to the following classes:

1. Understands everything at the first time
(probalby 2-3% of the population, interesting that half of them does not end up in researching mathematics, without extra effort they learn everything fast, has the potential to do miracles, solve very old problems)

2. Pretty smart, understands the material well, good problem solving skills but not brilliant. (usually get stable good grades in everything with some study, can get an average research career has the chance to solve once something really important)

3. Smart, understands the most of the material, but not always get the proofs, he have to reread it and think about it to feel it. (the performance of this type can be very different because to be able to achive nice grades and everything, it requires work ethic, problem solving is good but it have to be worked, research career is reachable, but to be able to solve a big thing requires harder work)

4. Average, understands the most important theorems, but the proofs are a big mystery. (has to tackle a long time with proofs but be able to see the connections, performance is average most of the time, but there are a few hard-workers who reach the level of a 2. but can be very depressic about his intellect, academic career is still possible but have to be lucky and hard worker)

5. Below average, doesn't understand most of the material (usually only aims to pass the exams, crammer, problem solving skills are not good and he doesn't even try to make it better, academic career is not plausible)

Now. I tell you last time. Last fucking time. Level 1. is pretty unreachable if you didn't born into that class.

Level 2 is reachable from lvl 3 and 4. but the amount of time dedication and work grows. Typically level 2-3 can get a good research career with average amount of learning.
>>
>>6591886
What type of math students are you dealing with? I've tended to work with only the lower persons, and I've known some people who are dyscalculic yet study their fucking ass off and pull the highest grades in their classes. (she wasn't American, of course)

I find most people are complete ass when it comes to having numerical understanding, makes me feel bad because it feels my memorization is as bad as their math skills.
>>
>>6584648
>>6584648
get a job
>>
>>6584393
>INTP masterrace

>tfw nofriends
>>
>>6587646
or he's too busy to do most of that.
>>
>>6584929
>>6584681
>source provided by your Omega-3 Cod Liver Oil™ (original content do not steal) distributor
>>
>>6586469
Interesting

I'm the opposite. I love to think.

I was boxing the other day and got hit a few too many times and I got a (very) minor concussion. This made me afraid that I might not be able to think as effectively if I continued. So I considered quitting.

I read "Surely you're joking, Mr. Feynman" recently as well, and in it he describes the reason he quit drinking for good and not doing psychoactive drugs as it frightend him that he might be losing his cognitive abilities

but I said fuck that because I love boxing. I just have to learn how to protect my head more effectively
>>
>>6591933

Hah, yeah for real.
>>
>>6591928

Most of them are healthy, have intellectual family with nice childhood stimulation.

Here, who has for example dycalculia, can ask for help at the"equality faculty" (sorry i dont know the good english word for it) and can use calculator, or for example my mate has twithching disorder so he had plus 10 minutes on every exam. But yes, it's true that many lower skilled individual pull his skills over the max, it's very respectable. Not like my old friend who got 140+ IQ and thrown his life, not even doing math or something similar like engineering or anything else. He is just too lazy to use the Power.

That's why i say academic career is open for hard-workers, because the child prodigies are just not enough to do everything alone, there are too few of them and there is too much mathematics to do, we just don't have enough people.
>>
>>6582235
Yes

You'll improve exactly in what you practice in. Effects outside the game itself (and very similar puzzles/games) are debatable.

Being healthy probably helps, but if you want to get more intelligent read books (novels or textbooks, not pop-sci trash)

yes
>>
>>6592767

yes

Don't tell him lies. Idiot.
>>
>>6592174
>that pic
>implying that science is only about data collecting and bird watching
Such bullshit. I hope it doesn't reflect your view of science.
>>
>>6582235
You read every day. If your vocabulary hasn't increased yet, then no.
>>
>>6592798
Ah, there's nothing more exciting than science. You get all the fun of sitting still, being quiet, writing down numbers, paying attention... Science has it all.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.