[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What will you do with the free will God has blessed you with?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: God is always there.jpg (160KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
God is always there.jpg
160KB, 570x570px
What will you do with the free will God has blessed you with?
>>
Sin, reject christ (who doesn't exist) before killing myself
>>
Wait for a better place.
>>
>>26478402
oh well I guess I'll just blindly follow the rules he wanted me to follow and never diverge from them and literally worship him because my parents and the good book told me to

heh, just puttin that free will to good use!
>>
I don't get the picture. Someone please explain
>>
>>26478555
the idiot is implying that everything hard in life is a test, and god isn't helping because he's testing you
>>
Fuck off christian, you belong in the middle east
>>
>>26478580
Ah so it's just as stupid as I initially thought. Was expecting some deeper meaning I glazed over
>>
Why is God testing me?
>>
So, is god also testing the kids who get raped every day or die from diseases and starvation? Or does he only care about fetuses being aborted?
>>
>>26478466
it's a pretty narrow set once you get past the commandments, helping other people, doing the best you can.

if you prefer masturbating to cartoons all day that's on you. it's a perfect sin straight down from god and that's why it sends your hormonal system haywire through biofeedback loops, conditioning you to stick around here and blame women for your loneliness.
>>
>>26478690
God works in enigmatic ways

:^)
>>
>>26478690
have you done anything about the kids getting raped or dying of starvation?

between all the negative impacts of industrialization and the apathetic people here who don't do anything about it i wouldn't be surprised if god gives us a fail.
>>
it's not really a free choice if there's a punishment or reward
>>
>>26478714
Try harder please i beg of you.
>>
>>26478736
You're absolutely right, anon. I never thought about it that way.
>>
Damn looks like I've been living a test for 20 years.
>>
>>26478402

Volunteer as a death camp guard in the next war of extermination
>>
The teacher will usually tell you off if you try to set the testpaper on fire though
>>
File: images-9.jpg (7KB, 194x260px) Image search: [Google]
images-9.jpg
7KB, 194x260px
God bless you all

Og comment
>>
>>26478402
rebel and kill the sadistic cunt
>>
So when things are going good, how come god is still quiet then as well?

Oh, right, because he doesn't real
>>
>>26478402
I wish I could believe in God. Why are my parents atheists who grew up in commieland instead of based christian fundamentalists?
>>
>>26478402
During a test, you know exactly why you're here and studied the subject before hand, there's no chance involved. During a test, usually all the students in the room have the same test. During a test, the teacher won't give the correction sheet to his favorite students or give them free extra points just because.

During a test, the teacher won't go to a random student's desk and flip it over for fun.

During a test, the teacher won't set a student he hates on fire and watch him burn.

During a test, the teacher won't torture a student who turns in a blank paper and walks out early.
>>
you mean the illusion of free will where if you don't follow a specific set of things you could end up fucked? not to say you can't just accept it at the last moment
>>
>>26478714
>conditioning you to stick around here and blame women for your loneliness.
Yes, because women are perfect and certainly not the cause of the fall of western civilization once again.

Oh, wait.
>>
>>26480768
>all these MRAs thinking they're some kind of historian
>>
>>26480869
>all those meme activists believing that everyone who criticizes them are from the opposite meme activism camp
>>
>>26480725
>being free
>but not being free to fuck yourself if you want to
not too smart are ya, bub?
>>
I really do not understand how people over the age of 25 at the latest can possibly believe in a benevolent God, let alone free will.
>>
>>26478768
>between all the negative impacts of industrialization and the apathetic people here who don't do anything about it i wouldn't be surprised if god gives us a fail.

Okay, so? Why in fuck's name is he testing us and why does he need to be so elliptical about it? What is the point of random aesthetic ugliness and the millions of things in life we are completely powerless to change? A lot of the negative consequences of industrialisation were affected by people with more or less good intentions, are they on his shit list?

This idea that there's some sentient moral firebrand that exists somewhere who is using us solely to play lab rats is so ridiculous, but all I get is "lel fedora neckbeard" for not swallowing it whole
>>
>>26481001
I really do not understand how people over the age of 12 at the latest can possibly believe in a Semitic God, let alone all that Catholic trinity bullshit.
>>
>>26481089
try reading a book sometime, moron
>>
>>26481103
Which book should I read?
>>
>>26480669
Am I the only one who cringed really bad at this? im an atheist
>>
>>26481123
herp derp the holy bible burp durp
>>
>>26481140
Which version?
>>
>>26481148
went over your head, that's fine
>>
>>26481154
>getting this upset on the sabbath
oy gevalt
>>
>>26481148
KJV of course, what kind of question is that?
>>
>>26481123
Ex muslim read bible and exodus here try Quran,ironically more convincing than Bible
>>
>>26481169
Sounds like fanfiction, can't I just read the Torah or something?
>>
Hate him because of the world he created.
God is masochist who likes to see people suffer.
Why else would he have created this world.
>>
>>26478580

>All powerful god
>Knows everything about everything
>Including your past and future
>Gives you a test even though he'll know the turn out
>Still punish you with eternal hellfire even if he knew the outcome since before you were born

Religion, folks!
>>
>>26481198
aww, babby is trying to philosophize
>>
File: himouto-umaru-chan-episode-2-8.jpg (81KB, 1200x669px) Image search: [Google]
himouto-umaru-chan-episode-2-8.jpg
81KB, 1200x669px
>>26478402
Abuse the welfare system and watch anime all day, delude myself i'm good at computer stuff so i could get an IT job if i actually wanted, when in reality i'm just good at using Firefox and programming FizzBuzz and lack any job experience
>>
>>26481193
It's not fanfiction. The Old Testament predicted Jesus' arrival. Mormonism is fanfiction.
>>
>>26478402
I always had free will, a long time before god came long OP
I do feel bad for shitting on this world so much, though. It's actually pretty cool.

Right now I plan on learning music.
>>
>>26481213
aww, you have no arguments.
>>
>>26481249
>delude myself i'm good at computer stuff so i could get an IT job if i actually wanted, when in reality i'm just good at using Firefox and programming FizzBuzz and lack any job experience

Are you me?
>>
>>26481355
aww, the obvious teenager wants his vapid brain fart to be taken seriously
>>
>>26481380
aww, name-calling is good argument.
>>
There's no such thing as free will. It's a logically unsound concept.

Either every event is the inevitable result of the state of the universe the moment before, in which case we have no free will because our wills and actions would likewise be causally determined, or some things are acausal, meaning they have no cause, meaning they can't be caused by our wills or actions.

Neither allows for free will.
>>
>>26481396
aww wittle baby is throwing a tantrum because his parroting of the angsty pop philosophy he remembers hearing someplace was dismissed for the garbage that it is
>>
>>26481422
aww, implying Nietzsche is pop philosophy.
>>
>>26480378

>I wish I could believe in God

The fact that you can't is evidence against free will.

If we had free will, we could choose to believe whatever we wanted. But we can't.
>>
>>26481455
>The fact that you can't is evidence against free will.

>If we had free will, we could choose to believe whatever we wanted. But we can't.

Literally what?
The point of "no free will" is not that you cant make choices, its that every choice is predetermined.
>>
>>26481481

>The point of "no free will" is not that you cant make choices, its that every choice is predetermined.

Indeterminism doesn't imply "free will" by most definitions of free will.

Even if some things aren't predetermined, that doesn't automatically mean that we have free will.

And there are many things we can't choose to do because of our causal histories (at least, seemingly due to our causal histories). For the anon to whom I responded, his causal history (being raised atheist) seems to have made him unable to choose to believe in God.
>>
>>26478402
Some will choose a ready guide in some celestial voice, if you choose not to decide you still have made a choice. You can choose from phantom fears and kindness that can kill. I will choose a path that's clear, I will choose free will.

Guitar riff
>>
>>26478402
If God gave me of all people free will then he's an idiot. And there's people out there with far worse lives and far less worthy than me.
>hey there little impoverished SE Asian girl, you have the free will to be a child prostitute or a textile slave! Isn't God and life great!
>>
File: 1402946517750.jpg (13KB, 238x212px) Image search: [Google]
1402946517750.jpg
13KB, 238x212px
>>26481207
>God works in mysterious ways

I hate that cop-out. You can apply it to EVERYTHING.
>>
>>26481662
Gee kiddo, I remember when I was 12. I discovered atheism and curse words and even started kissing girls, hehe. Just wait until you turn 13....you're in for a wild ride.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.