[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The doctors want to do ECT on me for my depression. It's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1413768109291.jpg (129KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1413768109291.jpg
129KB, 668x712px
The doctors want to do ECT on me for my depression. It's basically where they shock my brain to induce a seizure a few times, then that makes me feel better for some reason. Anyone else had this done to them? Did it work?

>mfw hundreds of volts of electricity hit my brain
>>
Dude fuck that idk about you but I wouldn't let some Doctor play Zeus, Lord of Lightning on my brain
>>
according to my psych class it works
>>
>>26471678
You completely misunderstand and misrepresent the procedure. It's a magnet, not jumper cables attached to your earlobes. The magnet stimulates portions of your brain which are less active because of depression, which leads to feeling better. It's a completely noninvasive outpatient procedure and takes very little time to do, so don't make it seem like he's giving you a lobotomy.
>>
FUCK THAT

Just get in the shower, get it as cold as you can and just stand there until you stop shaking. Dead serious
>>
>>26471975
Also slap your doctor
>>
>>26471840
That's a completely different procedure (transmagnetal something something), ECT uses electricity. It's so simple that it's been used for over a hundred years.
>>
i've had this.

forget everything you've seen in movies. how it is in one flew over the cuckoo's nest and requiem for a dream. it will not be anything like that at all.

you will be under anaesthetic. it won't hurt. afterward you may have some side effects, like temporary loss of memory which they will talk to you about first.

I know other people who had no change. I think it helped me a good bit.
>>
>>26471678
It's very specifically targets certain portions of the brain, and is only normally attempted in severe cases, usually when therapy and antidepressents don't work.

Fuck.

Good luck, anon.
>>
>>26472297
>>memory loss
sure i'd let some quack normie play with my brain possibly destroy part of it and get off scott free.
>>
Do it. Best case scenario you got to commit suicide without doing anything yourself.
>>
File: LegitimateMedicalProcedure.png (775KB, 797x449px) Image search: [Google]
LegitimateMedicalProcedure.png
775KB, 797x449px
>>26471678
just try it, robot. what could go wrong?
>>
>>26472865
yes, i'm sure the idea of not having to be a long-suffering shut in desperate for any activity that will allow you to shut off yourbown thoughts terrifies you more than any side effect ever could.
>>
>>26473043
that movie had unrealistic portrayals of both speed addiction and electroshock.
>>
Have you tried MDMA? I hear that "cures" depression after one dose.
>>
File: JumpStartYourLife.jpg (90KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
JumpStartYourLife.jpg
90KB, 1300x866px
>>26471678
ECT is basically lobotomy with electricity.

The question you have to ask yourself, robot, is "do I feel lucky?" Well, do you?
>>
come round to my place and I'll hook your skull up to my car battery free of charge OP, no need to waste 1000s on overqualified doctors
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.