[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thinking of committing myself to a mental hospital just so I

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: sketch.png (383KB, 864x540px) Image search: [Google]
sketch.png
383KB, 864x540px
Thinking of committing myself to a mental hospital just so I can get some human contact.

Is this a bad idea?
>>
>>26470981

do you have any actual mental illness?
>>
It's a terribly idea fuckwad. It's like getting yourself in prison so you can get a fuck in the showers.

You're worth more than that anon, cmon. Value yourself a little more
>>
>>26471086
Not diagnosed. But I could tell them I'm suicidal and it wouldn't be far from the truth.
>>
>>26470981
the real question is:
what will you do if you DONT get some human contact?
>>
>>26470981
that's such a bad idea that you should commit yourself to a mental hospital for having thought it
>>
>>26471170
I dunno. Probably sit here and be sad like I've been doing for 24 years.
>>
>>26471181
It sounds like you do need some help, I would start with talking to your family about seeing a psych/therapist though. I was the same way, wanted to be commited because I felt like things were that bad, my mom talked me out of it though and we ended up just going to the emergency room because of the suicidal thoughts.

You also gotta realize that thinking about committing suicide and imagining what it would be like to commit suicide are the same thing and warrant getting some immediate help.

What if one day you just can't take it anymore and then those imaginings turn into actions?
>>
>>26471181
>>26471295

I suggest watching this as well, understanding yourself helps more then anything.

https://www.ted.com/talks/andrew_solomon_depression_the_secret_we_share?language=en
>>
>>26471295
>>26471366
I'll take a look at it, thank you.

I don't think I'll ever be able to kill myself though. I'm too afraid of death and its permanence.
>>
go for it! you'll meet new people and nice friends!
>>
>>26470981
Psych wards are extremely unfun. I would not recommend this.
>>
File: inthemouthofmadness1.jpg (19KB, 612x265px) Image search: [Google]
inthemouthofmadness1.jpg
19KB, 612x265px
>>26470981
my experience:

>get sedated so much the only conscious thoughts are from my mom who visited me 2ce a day and a few bad memories.
had a heart collapse and almost died due to sedatives and not eating.
wasn't even walking properly and lost a lot of weight the nurses there didn't give 2 shits about what was happening to me.
had a few suicide attempts after then got on a stable meds got diagnosed with "schizoaffective" on top of my apergerz.
I personally think i was raped and i'm not that pretty male.
I'm betting most of the staff didn't receive mental health first aid training or don't care at all for suffering people there probably wanted the job to abuse they're positions. most of the ones anyway don't have any form of a heart especially for mid to ugly people like me.
i would die before going again but id probably die there next time anyways if my life led to that anyway.
>>
talk to a friend or make some in other ways. join groups or try dating.
>>
>>26470981
Yes, it's a bad idea. Go see a therapist if you just need to get human contact, and some basic therapy.

Mental hospitals are for people in crisis, people who if they're left out of inpatient care, will hurt themselves or other people seriously.

It's not taking away from your suffering, but imagine if the situation was reversed, and you had schizophrenia or the like, and couldn't get into a hospital because someone in there needed to have more human contact.
>>
>>26470981
Yes, it's a bad idea. Go see a therapist if you just need to get human contact, and some basic therapy.

Mental hospitals are for people in crisis, people who if they're left out of inpatient care, will hurt themselves or other people seriously.

It's not taking away from your suffering, but imagine if the situation was reversed, and you had schizophrenia or the like, and couldn't get into a hospital because someone in there needed to have more human contact.

>>26471295
>thinking about committing suicide and imagining what it would be like to commit suicide

Not strictly true. Thinking about the concept of committing suicide is suicidal ideation, which is still serious. But thinking about actually doing it could very easily be suicidal preoccupation, which warrants very close care, possibly inpatient.

This guide is what you should use, if you're like in the last 30 points or so, then consider going to a hospital.
https://msu.edu/course/sw/840/stocks/pack/axisv.pdf
>>
you are still gonna have to pay for the visit you dumb fuck.

if you want human contact just take 20 dollars and go to a fucking bar
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.