[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What color should I paint my walls to go with these tiles?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_9656.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9656.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I plan on painting my basement, but we have these tiles (which quite frankly I am not a huge fan of). All these "interior design trend" sites only account for rooms that have dark wooden floors and what not. Can someone help me out?
>>
or should i just get a rug?
>>
right now my walls are egg white
>>
>>26470165
black. Just black. Live in a cave.
>>
>>26470862
This paint everything black
It will match all those failed dreams and missed opportunitys, close the door shut too because there aren't any more open doors for you, dispose of your parents expectations tho you have no use for that do you?
>>
>>26470862
>>26470965

guys i'm serious, besides, why do that when i can just turn off the lights?
>>
>>26470862
And I mean trust me, whenever someone enters your room the failed dreams and missed opportunitys is the first thing they nottice
>>
why do you have tiles in parts of your home that aren't your bathroom?

why are you poor?
>>
>>26470980
They will already notice those things when they see the figurines on my shelf.
>>
>>26470978
Do that too, now that you have moved to the cave you can nonlonger see the sunny side of things ever again. You will be forgotten prr mortem
>>
>>26470165
Take a picture of the whole room anon

How large is the area?

Are there any windows? What is the lighting like? How high is the ceiling?

I need to know these things in order to make a recommendation
>>
>>26470994
>why are you poor?

This is the basement though, but yes I am poor. If I were rich, I wouldn't be browsing this shithole.
>>
>>26471020
Sure. Give me a second.
>>
>>26471046
>This is the basement though
>caring about the colour of your basement walls
Its your fault you're poor.
>>
>>26471091
Why wouldn't I want my basement to look nice? And what does caring about the color of my basement walls have to do with the fact that I'm poor?
>>
File: image%3A7696.jpg (52KB, 650x432px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A7696.jpg
52KB, 650x432px
Paint them like this op, add a cute girl too
>>
File: FRONT.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
FRONT.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>26471074
The basement includes a bathroom and a bedroom. I guess this is the "main room" but it's currently being used as a bedroom (until next month when this person moves out) so PLEASE try to ignore the cluttered mess.

It's not THAT big, but it's not that small either. It's a rectangle.

>FRONT
>>
File: IMG_9660.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9660.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>26471288
>>26471074
was meant for >>26471020

>BACK
>>
File: IMG_9659.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9659.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>26471020
>>26471312

>LEFT SIDE which includes the entrance
>>
>>26470165
I can smell your vagina from here.
>>
>>26471288
Leave it that cream color or go with a dark brown/maroon
>>
File: IMG_9657.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9657.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>26471020
>>26471339

>RIGHT SIDE which includes a window and door to backyard, so i guess technically it's not an underground basement
>>
>>26471356
Cool Didn't know I had one. What does it smell like?
>>
>>26471357
I'll try marroon
>>
>>26471020
>>26470165

Me again OP. I looked at the photos.

Definitely stay away from darker shades/colours. It will make the area appear much smaller with would be bad especially if you're planning on renting the space out.

I would suggest a light coloured paint. Nothing too neutral, its got to have colour in it. A light shade of green/teal would work. Maybe a light blue but IMO a more greenish colour like teal would look much better.

If you're feeling daring then a LIGHT violet shade could look fantastic with those tiles but you'd have to be very picky with the colour. A light teal would still be a safer option.

While maroon/burgundy would complement the tiles really well it's not suitable for the room overall due to low ceiling/low lighting/ small spaces and just the fact that it's a basement.

Stay away from hot colours like orange/yellow.

What sort of decor will be going in the basement OP?
>>
File: SussexWhite.jpg (26KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
SussexWhite.jpg
26KB, 300x300px
>>26471721
Wow thanks anon. Yeah, that makes sense. I haven't gotten the decor completely figured out, BUT it should look like a family room that includes:

- a sofa + loveseat
- an area rug
- coffee table
- and one of these electric fireplaces. I want the room to be comfy

now i just have to figure out the best color combination
>>
>>26471871
Ultimately, a light shade of a "cool" colour is what you want.

Depending on the colour of the decor or your stylistic choices you might decide to go with another paint colour but I'd strongly advise against venturing outside of the "light shade cool colour" domain.
>>
File: 1455419620908.jpg (12KB, 564x539px) Image search: [Google]
1455419620908.jpg
12KB, 564x539px
>>26471996
I found this. I like it. I'm not sure how it looks on your monitor, but I'm hoping it's not too dark.
>>
>>26472037
Then there's this which is also sage green, but I think it is a bit darker. Idk. I feel like a big mirror could help give the illusion of more space.
>>
>>26472037
Honestly it's impossible to gauge without seeing the colour in person.

Personally though that looks too dull and dark; you want something a little lighter than that. Furthermore you really don't want an olive-like shade. Move away from yellowish/brownish greens and towards more bluish greens.

The reason for this is that it's too close in colour and saturation to the tiles. It will just look like an off-tint version of the floor, which will look bad, aesthetically speaking.

Imagine putting on a pair of jeans and a shirt that is a slightly more medium blue than the indigo jeans. Guaranteed that outfit will look awful. Same reasoning here.

Also the colour you've provided is still fairly neutral which you don't want.
>>
>>26472096
Keep in mind anon that photo is of a huge room with lots of lighting and on the main floor. It's pretty much the opposite of what you are dealing with here.
>>
so what's it gonna be op
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.