[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make friends in College? I moved in yesterday and already

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: scared.jpg (83KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
scared.jpg
83KB, 700x700px
How to make friends in College? I moved in yesterday and already feel like an outsider, can hear people talking and laughing outside. Don't like introducing myself to groups of people, I am worried they already know each other and I will embarrass myself. I am already friendly with my roommates but I dont know anyone else.
>>
>>26463533
>Don't like introducing myself to groups of people
What you like and what you need to do to make friends are too different things
>>
Just arrive to all classes first, before anyone else. That way you'll have to meet them 1 by 1 and they'll have to start a conversation.
>>
>>26463632
Did this, din't work out and I'm no monster.
>>
>>26463600
Do I need to? Is there another way?
>>26463632
That seems like a good idea.
>>
>>26463533
Join some clubs at college or throw a party in dorm (invite neighbors)
>>
>>26463533

>go to class early
>sit in the front row
>all the normies sit a row-radius away from me

>next time sit in the back row
>all the normies sit a two-row radius away from me

>next time sit in the middle of the middlest middle
>almost no one comes to the lecture

fuck man, if i traded, someone could use me to predict where the market would go by betting on the opposite
>>
File: 1449949051754.jpg (195KB, 700x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1449949051754.jpg
195KB, 700x1050px
ask your roommates to tag along when they hang put with their friends
>>
>>26463833
Are you me?
Original question
>>
>>26463533
talk to the tutors after lessons
join facebook groups
ask for groups to study together
>>
>>26463895

idk man, have you ever been sitting by yourself in lectures for 4 years and then one day suddenly looked up and saw your 8/10 crazy blonde classmate above you who smiled and started asking you why you haven't been showing up for lectures lately in a worried voice?

cos it happened to me. she even asked me out to a pub once. i was hella confused.
>>
op here, I have a deck of cards. Maybe I should find people and play games with them or something?
>>
>>26463968
No, just sitting by myself for 3 years never missing a class. Maybe I should try and skip for a week or two.
>>
>>26464014

do you ever get those group projects and never have anyone to invite to your group / no skills or fame to get invited to others' groups?

>4/10 asks if she can be in my group cos the cunts in hers are lazy and won't do any work
>tell her no cos i already have my people
>next day the lecturer asks us our names and group members
>tfw no teammates
>4/10 knows i've lied to her
>lecturer makes me pick 2 people
>pick 2 foreign guys cos they're chill and have no options either
>a week passes
>4/10 doesn't show for group presentation
>she messages me on facebook (yeah im a normie kill me now) telling me how depressed she is
>drops out of course
>never see her again

kek
>>
How do you make friends after college? I was OK at making friends in college but all of them are slowly dropping off since I graduated
>>
>>26463533
I have no idea. I tried to talk to people and be friendly as I can but in the end I was always the one who called, who wrote or started talking ot them first.. then I got tired and stopped. No difference what so ever but at least I dont need to exhaust myself by talking to them anymore.
The worst is how they lie, like they tell you you can meet sometime but they never make time and if they do, they study or do thesis near you even though they agreed to spend time without studying... There is no point. People are filthy liars that even lie to themselves, delusion themselves and wont talk to you because you one 1 different opinion to them while stating otherwise. I am actually more happy alone than with people nowadays.
>>
>>26464238

usually at work and work-related stuff

works great if you manage events, that's where you get to meet a shit-ton of people and have drinks and food with strangers which, because of the occasion, and because of your legitimate role as a "provider" there, it isn't awkward
>>
>>26463632
I can never go past small talk. I can chat about stuff like where do you come from, why did you choose this course, etc. but then it ends once class is over.
>>
>>26464422
Everyone I work with is considerably older than I and they all have families and shit.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.