[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else looking forward to death here? I believe in reincarnation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Graveyard skeleton.jpg (522KB, 800x628px) Image search: [Google]
Graveyard skeleton.jpg
522KB, 800x628px
Who else looking forward to death here? I believe in reincarnation anyways.
>>
Can't kill me, I'm already dead.
>>
If you believe in reincarnation, why are you still alive? It makes more sense to reroll for a chance at a better life.
>>
>>26456816
If you commit suicide you have to take another birth. If you die the right way you can transcend material existence and never have to be born again.
>>
>>26456792
>Die
>Come back as yourself

It's the greatest cosmic joke ever pulled, and it has already happened countless times to you.
>>
>>26456826
I heard suicide you get reincarnated as a tree.
>>
>>26457008
>tfw you'll be born a manlet tree and die from tall chad trees blocking any sunlight from reaching you
>>
>>26456826
This is retarded. You can't transcend something you're intrinsically a part of. You were here since the big bang and even if you killed yourself parts of "you" would still be here. And since inexperience is impossible which is clearly evidenced by you experiencing life right now (and not floating in some void or lying in an eternal cosmic sleep, which if inexperience existed is almost statistically inevitable because the universe has been around for 14.5 billion years and the odds strongly favor you being dead right now, having already lived your alleged one life, or you being born sometime in the indeterminate future would also in this hypothetical scenario necessitate that you be in a state of "inexperience").

"Rerolling" is very real but its not like opening up the character select screen in WoW and consciously creating a new character. Every life is necessarily felt like the first and last life you will ever have. If you didn't feel this way, shit wouldn't work and if you think about it for 10 seconds you should be able to figure out why.
>>
>>26458241

I know this answer.
If people were aware of reincarnation as fact, everyone would continually kill themselves until they got the life they wanted,,, which would be impossible because those stuck in a position that was necessary to 'cater' to those superior would also kill themselves and the entire system of reality/life falls apart.
>>
>>26456918
That's ridiculous, that assumes absolute determinism. Centers of consciousness don't arise in a predictable fashion and time doesn't loop. The "big crunch" theory has been louted for a while now.

If this were true,it would mean that every single event at the quantum level would have to be identical for you to experience yourself again and again(assuming time loops, which it doesnt).
>>
>>26458306
Yep, I've thought about global, en mass suicides as well if the truth leaked out. Who can blame them? I am in all likelihood going to kill myself, even.

Shit would be so fucking silly if societal beliefs about death caught up with our current understanding of the universe. I can just imagine the successions of gunshots that aren't sounded to wage war against others, but to wage war against the self. An endless chain of suicides by organisms rebelling against themselves, the only respite being the infinitesimally small "blink" in consciousness that demarcates one consciousness from another.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.