[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you like /mu/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: 305.00_jpg_srz.jpg (191KB, 979x653px) Image search: [Google]
305.00_jpg_srz.jpg
191KB, 979x653px
Do you like /mu/?
>>
not anymore
it was ok years ago but has devolved into such a shithole of wannabe hipster kids
>>
File: chiruchiru.jpg (63KB, 509x507px) Image search: [Google]
chiruchiru.jpg
63KB, 509x507px
No. Do you like tsunderes?
>>
>>26454245
of course......

music is muh life
>>
you have to let the stick bounce idiot
>>
>>26454245
No. /mu/ is simultaneously the most pretentious and the most normie board on 4chan.

Fuck I don't even listen to music so I don't understand what they're talking about, the only board moe obscure to me is the sports one. I asked questions but nobody would respond and if they even had memes they weren't funny.
>>
>>26454270
this pretty much exactly
>>
>>26454270
This.

It's such a cringefest now.
>>
>>26454355
What's wrong did they not post enough pics of dad rock album covers for you?

Learn to appreciate troy sivan fagtron
>>
>>26454245
Hipster venom and smugness distilled to perfection? No thanks.

Although occasionally telling a faggot who posted an obscure mix-tape that was only in circulation 20 years ago in rural south-west Nevada that he is a pleb because the bassist did session work for One Direction and watching him contemplate harakili is nice.
>>
>>26454355
>>26454362
As someone who doesn't really browse /mu/ but is very into music, I'd say that has more to do with the direction music went than the people themselves. If you don't like the shit on the radio then you enter strange subcultures.
>>
It's my main board, but with that being said no one there knows shit about music. It's all posture
>>
>>26454245
>shitty memes everywhere
>every thread gets filled with the same 20 albums because that's all they heard
>catalog is filled with meme threads, like 'does /mu/ like death metal?' and not only mods do absolutely NOTHING but those faggots even bump the thread
>even sharethreads are now ruined by some retarded memers
>did I mention memes?
>if you complain about reposting the same albums YOU are the one that is faggot

No, really it should be renamed to /mu/ - Memes. Horrible board, went to dogshit quickly.
>LOL ITAOTS XD HAHA LE FUNNY MEME
>>
File: 1449400193517.jpg (41KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449400193517.jpg
41KB, 500x500px
>>26454245
Ye /mu/ is pretty cool. I don't have any friends to discuss music with and music listening is one of my only hobbies.
>>
>>26455168
You summed it up pretty well anon. When I started frequenting 4chan, /mu/ was pretty much my homeboard because of the sharethreads and recommendation threads, now its just memes upon memes with some kpop and last.fm generals thrown in. Also the community is shit and has no taste. If you look up the /mu/ group on last.fm, the top artists are always NMH, Radiohead, Kanye, MBV and le Dead Grapes so basically meme music. I bet 90% of people never listen to anything other than the /mu/ essentials.
>>
>>26454245

/mu/ is shit mostly because 4chan as a whole isn't geared toward "serious" discussion. There's a handful of generals and a Kanye sticky right now with literally every other thread going straight to 404 or getting a few dozen responses before going to 404. I started a thread there a year or two ago when I read an article about women demanding equal access to festival lineups simply because muh vagina rather than their musical ability and /mu/ exposed itself as a beta SJW echo chamber despite all the waifu threads.
>>
File: 1451855456047.jpg (39KB, 720x539px) Image search: [Google]
1451855456047.jpg
39KB, 720x539px
Memes... just memes everywhere
>>
its shit like every board, s4s lite at best maybe a handful of small pockets of people who listen to worthwhile stuff
people think its some board where everyone listens to obscure and inaccessible music but its not the case at all everyone listens to rap and whatever pitchfork likes
everyone just discusses the same stupid chart over and over cause everyones new and a typical retard who thinks music is like xbox achivements
only reason to go cause im lonely
>>
File: 1451481421944.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1451481421944.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>>26455196
>likes mu
>posts memegrips

not even surprised
>>
They unsurprisingly enough have shit taste
>>
>>26454270
It has always been this unless you were there back in 08-12
>>
it's probably the same as every other board
>OP posts
>gets bullied in the first posts for no reason
>the first posts are retarded fallacies
>everyone keeps repeating the same fallacies over and over because they think it's funny like Reddit
>>
I don't understand how people listen to nagger music past the age of 16. I honestly hated it even then.

The ones (like /mu/) who seem to be going out of their way now to listen to intentionally shitty submental stuff like Gucci Mane or whatever creep me out
>>
>>26454245
for a board that claim to be patrician, they have extremely shit taste
>>
>>26454245
Kanye needs to drop TLOP
>>
>>26457709
same with emo/black/hardcore metal, it's really cringy past a certain age
>>
>>26457732
this

when I was first introduced to /mu/core in 2011 I thought they were kidding
>>
judging by what they listen to none of them go out or live in flyover states far from any bigger city with vibrant nightlife.
>>
File: 1454030401402.jpg (326KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454030401402.jpg
326KB, 1280x720px
not at all. hipster can't even describe it, its like ultra hipster. even bands that are kinda sorta known get hated on and people talk up the most obscure thing they can find.
>>
AnCo suck
NMH suck
Kanye sucks
DG sucks
>>
File: 1357433810339.png (83KB, 902x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1357433810339.png
83KB, 902x1020px
Did this get eaten by the bot yet?
>>
I don't like /mu/ but I love Death Grips.
I hated it so much at first, but now I love it.
>>
>>26457829
>NMH suck
fuck off
>>
>>26457791
what are you talking about ? half of mucore is literally pop.

>>26457858
>NMH doesnt suck
how it feels to fall for meme
>>
>>26457858
this is why no one takes /mu/ seriously
>>
>>26457748
>he says emo
>what he thinks he means: My Chemical Romance
>what everyone else thinks he means: Justin Bieber
>what i think he means: Sunny Day Real Estate

>he says hardcore (metal?)
>what he thinks he means: Dragonforce
>what everyone else thinks he means: Metallica
>what i think he means: Throwdown

do you see how your post doesn't really work?
>>
>>26457840
>*discussion*

lmaoed.
>implying mu is capable of any non meme discussion
>>
>>26457890
>>26457887
Nope. this is the WORST part about /mu/, they think they claim shit and spam it along with memes and now stupid fucks like this identify those albums whose infamy predates this website entirely. I knew about NMH, Beefheart, Scaruffi, MBV, King Crimson etc. long before I even went to that shitty board. The fact that they think they claim Kanye West of all people is the reason you shouldn't take it seriously.
>>
>>26457952
Eh no. Even if NMH wasn't a mu meme I would still consider it a shitty band.
>>
/mu/ used to be my main board like 4-5 years ago

it sucks ass now
>>
>>26457989
well for what it's worth there's plenty of shit that scaruffi or pitchfork hate yet they still post it so there isn't really a sense of congruence amongst them, it's all memes
>>
>>26457989
Same. I was never a contrarian, and I was totally sincere in checking out this band /mu/ was obsessed with and wasn't sure if it was a joke when I heard it. Just didn't bother again.
>>
>>26457952
So... The worst thing about mu is that it likes bands that you like but you liked them first?
>>
>>26457952
https://youtu.be/ZUjDMdSwefk
:^)
>>
>>26458038
no that's not the point at all, it's that those bands are already widespread within their respective circles, in fact they're so basic bitch it's cringe inducing that they keep posting it like it's some new discovery
>>
>>26458087
neutral milk hotel sucks
>>
>>26458087
>basic bitch

Please die already.
>>
>>26454245
/mu/ is the worst board on 4chan
Seriously
I've been lurking occasionally for some good music
Then what I see

>90% threads: Bowie. Kanye west. Kpop
>post edgy brand at most mediocre then claim they're underrated/best
>gorillaz, extremely boring music that only village white kids like, claimed the best
>some strange, noise, vocal, foreign language album
>death grip is everyone's favourite
>arguing which absolutately shit modern rapper (loud disgusting beats and random words) is the best
>more Kanye west
>more Bowie

I can never tell if a thread is a troll or serious on /mu/. But either way that board sucks hell dick.

It's not even about everyone ha different taste. As a music board, they should at least have some good music to recommend. Now the place is absolutetaly shit. Not even a bit is good
>>
it used to be one of the best boards in 2011

now it's pretty shit

kpop generals were the point of no return
>>
>>26454245
Can I save this image?

It's a very nice image :3
>>
File: 1453466217538.png (47KB, 314x315px) Image search: [Google]
1453466217538.png
47KB, 314x315px
but fo' real... has anyone really?
>>
Last year /mu/ was good: 2011
Went from being one of my favorite boards at one time to being the worst but like every board, it's in a constant state of flux

This board on the other hand I feel went to shit after the first time it was removed my moot. I don't know if it's gotten better recently. This is the first time I've been here in at least a couple of years, or maybe I just grew out of it

Current boards (not that they aren't shit, or haven't declined): /lit/, /tv/ (best 2009-2011), /fa/ (best 2010-2013), /x/ (best 2008-2010, then recently became at least bearable since maybe last year with more new age and interesting stuff rather than conspiracy shit and role play nonstop)
>>
>>26457645
i was there in '08

/mu/ was always hipsters
>>
>>26454245
I love music but /mu/ is filled with redditors and sjws

It was better when it was filled with pretentious elitists. Every board was better off when it was filled with pretentious elitists because they sought to find the greatest art of their genre and refused to spoonfeed redditor newfags and settle for shitty art
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.