[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistic dream jobs thread

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (121KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 700x393px
For those who can't live a lifetime of NEETdom

I would love to be a mailman
>ride around alone all day
>don't ever have to interact with people

The little truck is like your second home, it's very utilitarian so you can smoke in it and do whatever and no one will know because it's a small metal box with an engine and wheels that no one cares about except you
>>
>>26451870

I want to be a museum docent. I would love to just walk around all day and talk to people about history and science and stuff.
>>
File: carpentry.jpg (382KB, 1920x1100px) Image search: [Google]
carpentry.jpg
382KB, 1920x1100px
Y'all guise should think about carpentry. Learn a trade and you make good money and have a job for life, in a field that's actually enjoyable and has a great working atmosphere.
>>
>>26451870
the mailtruck doesnt belong to you. you have to return it to the post office at the end of the day. they will know if you smoked in it.

I think what you would really like to do is become a trucker.
>>
>>26451870
>be a part-time home-repairs electrician doing small jobs
>drive a company van around town to replace old peoples' ceiling fans and wall sockets
>make 50+/hr for doing almost nothing

>tfw I'm an industrial-construction electrical apprentice now and 90% of my time is digging trenches or other taco-tier work

I'd also love to be what my romanticized idea of a park ranger is, i.e. drive your company vehicle around beautiful parks and basically shoot the breeze all day while telling a couple faggots to stop lighting fires outside fire-designated areas. Basically anything slow-paced and non-intensive, I'm a huge fucking faggot and enjoy living life as slowly as possible.
>>
Trucker

>pissjugs
>up all night
>drive BIG rig, laugh at chads cucked out family minivan
>autistic radio pals
>truckers are all bros
>killing prostitutes and runaway white 16yos stacies for fun

The life.
>>
LLVs have no AC or radio or anything.

Yeah, being a carrier is p. fucking gr8 tho.
>>
>you will never be a security guard
>you will never spend your working hours sitting around shitposting and watching TV
>you will never have that one single story of that one time a guy tried to rob the place in your entire career
>you will never get to live out you little chinese girl cartoons and save the day

JDIMSA
>>
>>26451986
If you're working, do you do cabinetry-type small stuff or framing work? I've done both, and although of course I prefer cabinetry the framing/construction carpentry is a much easier field to get into. I wouldn't recommend any non-skilled worker to try to get into cabinetry, especially seeing as how Walmart and related particle-board/cardboard-peddling monstrosities are taking such a huge cut out of the trade.

Besides, there's no pride in tacking a particle-board piece of shit to a homeowner's wall, even if you're being paid California union wages to do it.
>>
>>26452028
All the mailmen I've seen these days have headphones in even while driving and they absolutely do not give a fuck about anything which is the way to live, at least for me
>>
>>26451870
There are no bathrooms so I guess I would have to wear diapers everyday.
>>
>>26452352
>implying you couldn't piss/shit into the larger envelopes
>>
>>26452396
I think they would frown on that behavior. In fact, opening the mail or tampering with it in any way would be a felony.
>>
>>26452020

>tfw want to be a trucker
>tfw haven't driven in like 4 years and basically forgot how

Fucking NEET life.
>>
File: 1392148430306.jpg (46KB, 380x465px) Image search: [Google]
1392148430306.jpg
46KB, 380x465px
>tfw you will never have a job you like
>>
I work in a steel mill and sit in a shack all day playing on my phone/psp and listening to music/reading. I just get up every few minutes and toss a band around a steel coil. My one friend just plays his weeb ds games all day.

Not bad for 20 an hour and 30 overtime.
>>
>>26452453
There's a major shortage of truckers

Companies will pay you to get your commercial license
>>
File: 1449937207212.jpg (41KB, 368x657px) Image search: [Google]
1449937207212.jpg
41KB, 368x657px
My dream job list since a kid

-Baker / a shop owner full of sweets: I guess I liked the idea of having food around me, never thought about the hard work that's actually behind it

Cyclist: The day after I learnt to ride a bike. Then a friend told me to not be stupid, I got butthurt and threw my dream for the Tour de France to the trash

Cartoonist / Comic artist: Yeah, that dream really got far.
>>
I know a fellow Aspie who used to work as a property inspector for a bank. He would inspect property that had been foreclosed. He said it was kinda nice working alone and at his own pace, but that a lot of time (when he was just inspecting the outside) there was no bathroom. He said he quit because he was ending up pissing and/or shitting himself on a regular basis (he was extremely high when he was telling me this). I was tempted to ask him if he had worn or at least considered wearing some sort of protection such as disposable underwear or diapers, but I just didn't say anything. He quit that job before I met him and he is unemployed still.
>>
How does one become a mailman or trucker?
>>
>>26452592

Mailmen take a postal exam.
>>
>>26451870
>>26451987
actually city carriers (like the one posted in op's pic) don't own their mailtrucks, but rural carriers do (or at least are able to).

my dad was a mailcarrier and used his own car as his mail vehicle. he would have to specially purchase right-hand drive versions of cars, often ones specifically customized for that type of work (think brakes, they get used 10x more on mail cars than usual cars).

he also got a repetitive stress injury in his right shoulder from making the same motion (extending arm out window to put mail in mailbox) over and over, and his right arm was unnaturally tan compared to the rest of him.

good benefits tho.
>>
>>26451870
isn't being a mailman notorious for being stressful? hence the term going "postal"?
>>
>>26452621
>actually city carriers (like the one posted in op's pic) don't own their mailtrucks, but rural carriers do (or at least are able to).

Yeah I live in a rural area and see that most mailmen drive white Jeep Wranglers with the blinking orange LEDs and the spare tire cover says 'US Mail'
>>
>>26452674
That term came about in the 80s when the destination of choice for the mass shooter was the post office as opposed to the school like it is today
>>
File: 1364299898551.png (26KB, 300x303px) Image search: [Google]
1364299898551.png
26KB, 300x303px
i want to be a computer technician,it's not really that hard to build a computer you just gotta put right parts in right places

also get to laugh to chads and stacies who can't put processor to it's motherboard and make them pay for i7-5960x when they needed it only for work
>>
Guy in charge of exhibits at an art museum
>get to be around art all day
>get to set up and handle invaluable pieces
>make a decent buck
FBI operative
>a lot of desk work, but hey it's just desk work
>rarely get called to do anything
>when shit does go down get to put on tacticool gear and walk around with unique firearms
>job stability, especially with impending civil unrest
Librarian
>self-explanatory as to why it's great for a robot
UPS/ USPS delivery man (preferably assigned to rural postal codes)
>get to ride around the country side all day
>probably get to listen to tunes, podcasts, and audiobooks
>good pay for really simple work
>>
My only motivation in life is knowledge on physics and how can I properly teach it.

Imaging being an 85 year old professor who has cancer, but who still every morning wakes up at 5 am to get to the the uni in slme shitty 15 year old car.

This is what I will put for having a single student of mine smile and say " this shit is beautiful ". To know you could influence a generation of idiots into a path of rigoour, beauty and truth is the best feeling you will ever experience.
>>
>>26451961
Just be museum security in a big city. You know, the person who makes $10/hour to do nothing except occasionally tell people no flash photography.
>>
>>26452784
>tfw a couple days ago gravity waves were announced as confirmed, everyone again celebrates Einstein's genius

nearly made me tear up
>>
>>26451870
A tenured professor, though being a research professor is better in some regards (you can't get tenure if all you do is research). All I want to do is get my MA in Economics and PHD in Political Science and spend all day writing about political theories.
>>
>>26452876
That shouldn't be out of reach especially if you made high marks

A lot of professors start out getting hired right out of there programs (starting as TAs and working up of course)
>>
>>26452876
This is the best feel normies will never feel.
>>
>>26452876
My grandfather was a professor of Economics for a prestigious university and was even the Dean of the School of Economics at that University for a while.
>>
Wanted to be an entomologist/arachnologist.

Cubicle work is a good robot job though.
>>
I want to own a restaurant, or a small dinner. I really enjoy cooking food and that's the only thing I do lately. The shittiest joke is because of a stomach problem I do not even eat that much. But even then I enjoy the process of preparing different dishes, trying out new spice combinations and so on more than I ever do eating anything.
>>
>>26452020

For u anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9lmCpIzhFo
>>
>>26451870

Maybe not realistic but running a small farm would be nice.
>>
>>26453508
Probably one of the more realistic ones, actually (if American at least). The US's farmers are dangerously old, and many states will give you free land in exchange for starting a farm and promising to run it for a certain number of years without selling it. They'll probably want a degree in soil management or some shit you can get from a community college, and a small investment on your part to by tractors and seeds and shit, but way, way easier than becoming a tenured professor.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.