[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The most important thing in life is other people. Why do robots

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: 087.jpg (48KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
087.jpg
48KB, 600x450px
The most important thing in life is other people.
Why do robots choose to ignore/deny this?
>>
>>26444080
The most important thing to anyone is themselves.
>>
>>26444111
Double trips wasted on an edgy teenager.
>>
>>26444080
they dont. they want other people but other people dont want them.
>>
>>26444111
dub trips don't lie
>>
You can live without relationships with other humans. It's not as if this is a necessity to survive. Perhaps these relationships can influence our well-being, but there are other factors which offer us more.
>>26444141
He's not wrong. From birth we're nothing but narcissistic. We care more about what others offer us than them as an individual.
>>
Because that's not true, I am the most important thinng in life, by far.
>>
>>26444080
Why would they focus on something they can't have? it's like going to the store when you have no money
>>
people r bad stopt
>>
Why did he fap to Asuka while she was in a coma?
>>
File: img-jk-duotone[1].jpg (75KB, 411x386px) Image search: [Google]
img-jk-duotone[1].jpg
75KB, 411x386px
>You need other people but other people don't necessarily need you

I have nothing to offer anyone except my own misery and confusion
>>
File: image.jpg (773KB, 1096x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
773KB, 1096x1600px
Food
Shelter
Electricity
Internet
Vidya
>>
>>26444357

A life lived only for yourself is void of meaning and inevitably will, sooner or later, turn in depression
>>
>>26444080

1. That is untrue. The most important thing is yourself. Nothing edgy about caring for yourself.

2. Many people such as my self are denied other people to be in their lives. I think it is healthy for "robits" to discuss this problem, as it is a problem for many people. They may not be assholes they are just unwanted. It's reality.
>>
>>26444465
repressed sexual frustration
>>
>>26444513
Did the show stay true to the manga?
>>
File: 1440912461458.jpg (127KB, 576x635px) Image search: [Google]
1440912461458.jpg
127KB, 576x635px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TArtjq1M_1I

A number of porcupines huddled together for warmth on a cold day in winter; but, as they began to prick one another with their quills, they were obliged to disperse. However the cold drove them together again, when just the same thing happened.

At last, after many turns of huddling and dispersing, they discovered that they would be best off by remaining at a little distance from one another.

In the same way the need of society drives the human porcupines together, only to be mutually repelled by the many prickly and disagreeable qualities of their nature. The moderate distance which they at last discover to be the only tolerable condition of intercourse, is the code of politeness and fine manners; and those who transgress it are roughly told in the English phrase to keep their distance.

By this arrangement the mutual need of warmth is only very moderately satisfied; but then people do not get pricked. A man who has some heat in himself prefers to remain outside, where he will neither prick other people nor get pricked himself.
>>
>>26444080
>Why do robots choose to ignore/deny this?
What makes you think that being rejected by other people is a choice?

>>26444549
Yahari's source material is a light novel iirc.
>>
File: 0012E_Freud_Foto.jpg (1MB, 1297x1772px) Image search: [Google]
0012E_Freud_Foto.jpg
1MB, 1297x1772px
>>26444080
social impulse is relevant in humans, although highly modulated by higher functions.

as such it can be suppressed in a way that might bring about neurosis, this is the main fault in the 'hiki' or 'hermet' life, it is not an intrinsic value of other people, it is a suppressed desire to join a social institution. this impulse is created by an instinct for pair bonding but is modulated by our higher reasoning functions, that suppress these impulses through various means and lead to an asocial individual.

as such when higher functions are not dedicated to something else, they turn to the despair of their subconscience, which happens to be full of their neurosis regarding sociability. In these moments the individual disregards their higher functions and falls back into their animalistic instincts, to want to be with other people.

therefore constant stimulation of the higher functions by any means is a reasonable replacement for human interaction. and as their is ultimately no intrinsic value to other people besides our controllable neurochemical impulses, one can conclude that as long as there is a reasonable replacement there is no need for social interaction, thus it is not the most important thing in life.

it must then be concluded that controlling neurosis in the mind might be the ultimate goal of the human being, to be at peace by any means and to fulfill the will of the ego. therefore, the most important thing in life is oneself and one's own desires.
>>
>>26444654
Should I buy it?
Can get it in english yes?
>>
>>26444696
Just lurk /a/ or check the archive, there's a guy translating them. And if he's translating them I'm pretty sure it means there's no official translation.
>>
>>26444080
i don't ignore it, i just can't deal with them.

it's like being superman in a society where kryptonite is used as plastic is here.
>>
File: Quatre.jpg (191KB, 640x795px) Image search: [Google]
Quatre.jpg
191KB, 640x795px
>>26444521
I agree, but often even altruism is a facade for self reassurance. Assisting others helps us to think higher of ourselves.
>>26444674
The arts and passions for hobbies make for reasonable replacements, it seems.
>>
>>26444876
I only watch anime and play video games.
Which hobby should I do? Will it make me less lonely?
>>
>>26444921
>Which hobby should I do?
whatever you find most fulfilling is the best hobby for you
the only way you can know what makes you feel whole is by trying things.

>Will it make me less lonely?
when your mind is not occupied by what you are passionate about, it will degenerate into self loathing and loneliness.
keep your mind occupied and the loneliness can be reduced, but never eradicated
>>
File: tfwfeelinitall.jpg (991KB, 3456x2304px) Image search: [Google]
tfwfeelinitall.jpg
991KB, 3456x2304px
Who here /dream they're alive but wake up and they're still dead/ ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea2WoUtbzuw
>>
File: Eagle Cliff.jpg (900KB, 2442x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Eagle Cliff.jpg
900KB, 2442x1500px
>>26444921
Literature, film, music, and forms of exercise make for productive hobbies, but I'd say anything you've a passion for you should pursue.
>Will it make me less lonely?
I believe arts have the capability to help with this. They can teach us, keep us company, calm, and sympathize with us. All this without the drawbacks of conventional relationships.
>>
Becuase you dont fit into the other people group.

You can give and give and give
But not get anything back.
How does it make it worth it?

Might be remebered by some in your lifetime. But will be forgotten. Unsung. Unspoken. And you feel the same as you do now. Why bother willfully subjecting youself to get stepped on.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>26444643
>tfw inner heat gone
>tfw no qt bf
>>
>>26446001
Why isn't Ralph an official /r9k/ mascot?
We only have like two of those.
>>
>>26444080
Some of us don't, we just can't get the connections built up. we are robots, that comes with the title
>>
I want to be with other people. They don't want to be with me. I'm not worth it.
>>
>>26444080
>being a robot is a choice meme.

How stupid are you OP?
>>
>>26444513
Your honesty is the envy of this board.
>>
>>26446029

Ralph isn't miserable, disgusting, or annoying.
>>
>>26444513

The "Internet" item in that list basically means "other people". You're not effectively countering OP here. There is almost nothing on the Internet without other people.

And here you are saying this on a forum full of other people. Come on now.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.