[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dad calls me >asks what I'm up to >"nothing"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 16

File: 0960 - 00moU9L.png (125KB, 250x239px) Image search: [Google]
0960 - 00moU9L.png
125KB, 250x239px
>Dad calls me
>asks what I'm up to
>"nothing"
>it's always nothing what are you really up to
>"I say nothing cause you wouldn't care about it"
>I might care about it
>explain video game I'm playing
>oh, huh.
>>
>>26438597
I has breakfast with dad today, it ended up lasting over two hours and we talked about tons of stuff and had fun.
It feels good not being a sperg, I didn't even mention videogames or any other media at all
>>
>>26438597
You are fucking scum using vidya as escapism. You could literally use all your time to watch interesting documentary to educate yourself.

You millennials make me sick
>>
>>26438623
my dad believes in chemtrails and supports trump so we don't have much in common. I'm not really friends with either of my parents but my dad is so self-centered I can usually go an entire hour or so with just him talking and me nodding at some stuff.
>>
>>26438668
>my dad is so self-centered I can usually go an entire hour or so with just him talking and me nodding at some stuff.
I relate to this, although it's fine because I can be the same and he'll put up with me
>>
this hit harder than expected. I get along with my dad for the most part, we talk about cars and movies, technology and whatever, but anything other game besides Forza makes me feel embarrassed talking about
>>
>>26438668
>supports trump
>bad thing
You are degenerate scum tbqh.
>>
>>26438663
Or you know go to fucking college
Or get a fucking job
Or spend your time in any way worthwhile way
>but anon I watched lions and stuff
That's not any fucking better yuo retard
You won't learn anything but random trivia from
Is that whag you are? A collection of random wikipedia articles with no experience about the world you can call your own what so ever,?
>>
>>26438663
You are fucking scum using documentaries as education. You could literally use all your time to play vidya and enjoy yourself.

>>
File: 0270 - 9LcvKwH.jpg (27KB, 183x200px) Image search: [Google]
0270 - 9LcvKwH.jpg
27KB, 183x200px
>>26438707
that's some hot memes you got there make sure your social worker doesn't hear that or you'll be forced to get a job
>>
>>26438717
>Or you know go to fucking college
>Or get a fucking job
>Or spend your time in any way worthwhile way
All these things are impossible for turbo autismos.

>lions and stuff
You are delusional if you think the internet cannot teach you literally anything.
>>
>>26438668
My dad is a narsisitic bleedkng heart with no self awareness.
It doesn't matter who you are speaking with as long as you know how to avoid some topics
But you cant, you are unable to hold a conversation at all because videogames have rotten your brain
>>
>>26438717
You are fucking scum using college and jobs as self improvement. You could literally use all your time to watch anime and jerk off.

>>
>>26438623
>"I has breakfest today"
>not a sperg
>>
>>26438744
>>26438766
Holy fuck did I just create a meme?

>>26438744
Education is far more interesting and challenging.
>>
File: 0192 - dcROnpo.jpg (192KB, 1026x872px) Image search: [Google]
0192 - dcROnpo.jpg
192KB, 1026x872px
>>26438764
nah i can hold conversations with anyone just fine. i love how everyone on /r9k/ thinks they know everything.
>>
I feel bad for you guys without a /cool dad/. My dad smokes weed with me and plays video games with me, but won't hesitate to give me fatherly advice or be serious and put me in my place about something. We work together and talk all the time, it's my only meaningful relationship.
>>
>>26438597

>haven't talked to son in two weeks
>fourth of the month, his rent check hit the account today so it was a little late but nothing to worry about. At least I know he's keeping track of it and is alive.
>call him up on my lunch break to see if he's gotten up yet
>hey dad
Hey buddy, just left the investors' and had a minute, thought I'd see if I could catch you
>furious clicking
>uh huh. Nothing much, how was it?
Good, things are going well. What are you up to?
>nothing
>typing
>crunching
Oh come on it's not nothing, what are you doing today?
>maybe he's studying for finals, or sending an email to the finance guy at our partner who said he'd be happy to help him out a resume together before May
>he is quiet for a minute
>shit I pushed too hard again
Buddy?
>you wouldn't care dad
>not again
Sure I will, give it a try--
>Dark souls is an incredibly complicated Japanese single player RPG and Its my favorite game in the world because the Japanese game designers understand how to design a game that doesn't sacrifice its integrity to hold the playerbase's hand
>video games
Oh... Huh.
>See I told you
Bud you should try to remember to send your checks in a few days before the first next time so they don't keep hitting late, you have to start building your own credit at 26--
>I KNOW DAD I KNOW
because you know your mom checks your account
>I KNOW I CAN HANDLE MYSELF DAD
I know, I know. Alright son I've got to walk back in. Call me this week sometime?
>yeah dad
Okay bye buddy

>spend the rest of the afternoon staring at the wall, staring at the top of my desk, staring at the inside of a limo window, staring at the back of an airplane seat, staring at the ad monitor in the back of a taxi cab, staring at my sons name in my cell phone contacts wondering why he always puts periods on the end of every one work response I get, wondering if there was something I could have done to have made him successful and made him love me at the same time, instead of neither
>>
>>26438756
You can't acquire any knowledge with depth from a two hours documentary
Go ahead and see if people take you seriously when doing this
Documentarys are ats its worst one sided propaganda and ats its best merely entertainment
Nobody is going to take you seriously for watching a few, do you have any idea how long are courses that teach the same stuff?
Have you no idea what a career is?
>milenial
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>26438754
>not supporting trump
Fucking leftist beta scum
>>
>>26438826
Obviously documentary was meant as an example and what I was going for was that education > vidya.
>>
File: 0128 - NRWKYVY.jpg (60KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
0128 - NRWKYVY.jpg
60KB, 400x500px
>>26438833
shouldn't you be at work making money for the 1% or something
>>
>>26438807
Yeah you can
Under the age of 14
You are vapid shallow and self centered
The best thing you have acquired in your life is the knowledge on how to entertain yourself on a Saturday evening
You are not capable of conversation other than videogames or pretending you know about stuff you merely heard about
You are a child dressed up as an adult
No, your 4 Chan arguments don't make you any more mature
>>
>>26438820
This
Seriously man child you are not going to convince me you are an adult off you treat your dad like that
>>
>>26438888
I'm 23
Nah
Lol what does this even mean
Everyone hears about stuff I can hold conversations just fine in jobs that I've had
True
Neither does yours
>>26438850
I'm playing talos principle and I would put any money that you wouldn't be able to beat it even though you're all >muh intellect
>>
>>26438850
>obviously I didn't mean what I exaclty wrote with this exact words
Come on, do you think I'm stupid?
You are one of those geeky 18 year olds that are so edgy for coming to r9k and complaining about women and minorities, watch a documentary, read a little wikipedia and feel like you are better than 90% of the world because of your dad's status
>>
>>26438945
>I can beat you in a game I have tens of thousands of hours experience in and you none.
How full are?
>>
>>26438963
>baseless assumptions: the post
Again, educating yourself is much more interesting.
>>
>>26438945
Hoho
Vidya makes me smart
No, it makes you a sad recluse
You are not able to speak about things you don't understand you mention them then mumble some meme knowledge. Anyone would destroy you on any kind of real life argument
>>
File: 0120 - FL52XPe.jpg (18KB, 259x253px) Image search: [Google]
0120 - FL52XPe.jpg
18KB, 259x253px
>>26438967
it's my first time playing through it lol it's a puzzle game. i thought you were all about educating yourself so how about gaining some education on what you're arguing about before opening your mouth
>>
File: 1187 - Z8BHwCY.png (9KB, 401x367px) Image search: [Google]
1187 - Z8BHwCY.png
9KB, 401x367px
>>26439007
>real life argument
jeez louise
>>
>>26439016
I won't deny that some games can be pretty educational, but the internet tends to be a better place to gain knowledge on various topics.
>>
>>26438987
>I'm going to pretend I'm better than you based only on the fact that you can't possibly know who I am
But that's wrong, you told me all I need to know about your vapid personality by that statement at all
I know how children react to be refused candy
I know how a dog reacts to his owner coming home
You are not more complex than that at all
>>
File: wrlL6dN.gif (440KB, 420x277px) Image search: [Google]
wrlL6dN.gif
440KB, 420x277px
>Dad calls while I'm at work
>Asks when I'm coming home again
>I was just home like two weeks ago and I got shit I wanna do next two weekends
>has literally one or two menial things to do around the house that he can't and that are not worth paying somebody for
>Says "oh well alright" but now it's going to be on the back of my mind when I'm totally being lazy
>Goddammit, Dad.
>>
>>26438597
>Dad calls me
>asks what I'm up to
>"nothing"
>it's always nothing what are you really up to
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXeSdFowgmA
>>
>>26439030
>arguing with adults on 4 Chan makes me more mature than the rest of my highschool classmates
>>
>>26439049
>I'm going to pretend I'm better than you based only on the fact that you can't possibly know who I am
How did you get that information from? I do not think I am better than anyone itt. You are basing your assumptions on anecdotal evidence. Its a logical fallacy.
>>
>>26439039
>gain knowledge on various topics

and do what with that knowledge? if you wanna do something ACTUALLY productive learn a skill like woodworking/gardening or how to play an instrument
>>
>>26439077
Well the very act of gaining knowledge can be pretty fun. Of course you can also use it to produce something.
>>
>>26439092
so it's not about productivity you just like reading more than video games
>>
>>26439109
In general yes. But again, games can be educational as well.
>>
File: kektrails.jpg (113KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
kektrails.jpg
113KB, 960x720px
>>26438668
Your dad sounds like a smart guy

I could talk about conspiracy theories for hours with what I learn on /x/
>>
File: benis2016.png (186KB, 449x380px) Image search: [Google]
benis2016.png
186KB, 449x380px
>>26438820
That face when feels
>>
>>26439140
well he watched 1 documentary on them and now he thinks they're real. same thing about some documentary on mermaids
>>
File: holycrap.jpg (63KB, 530x287px) Image search: [Google]
holycrap.jpg
63KB, 530x287px
>>26438597
>explain video game I'm playing
One of the pro's of playing games with stuff that looks complicated. You can simply present the number of permutations and people will trust that it's really hard.

In reality it's piss easy and you just have to do a bit of tuning to find the best way to play.

I'm really happy I don't have to explain why I like the grind in Path of Exile.
>>
>>26439228
PoE is in every way shape and form a better game than D3 but D3 is still more fun just because you don't have to put 300hrs before you have anything close to the build you want
>>
File: wolf.jpg (99KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
wolf.jpg
99KB, 550x550px
I wish my father wasn't such a shithead

maybe I'd be normal
>>
>>26439076
Well you- you are just judging me based on what I said about me in my own words
That's a fallacy
How dare you?you came here to berste op based on the ridiculous fact that you like to entertain yourself by learning pointless trivia
>but I'm just like Sheldon from the big bang theory
No anon, just no. That's not funny or a personality that's just jokes, bad jokes
>>
>>26438597

This triggered the fuck out of me

>parents asking what I'm doing/playing/watching/etc
>foolishly used to think they were expressing genuine interest
>would start to excitedly tell them about what I was doing
>tfw eventually hitting 15 and processing the fucking glazed over expression thar signaled they wereby actually listening

This is partly why I'm an antisocial faggot I assume nobody else will be interested in anything I like so I don't bother
>>
>>26439293
No. You are the shithead. Stop being a lazy piece of shit and be the man your father deserves.
>>
>>26438597
My dad was cool about games when I was a little kid and even spent shitloads so my brother and I could have Commodore 64s when we were fucking babies. (I think he sold them though I only remember his BBC B). I fondly remember him teaching me to play Merlin Challenge. One of my my earliest memories.

He did a 180 when I was a teenager though but I guess it's more of an everything in moderation kind of thing.

The only game since he's shown any interest in was Red Dead Redemption. He walked in on me riding through the wilderness. Really just a boring travel between quests. He was entranced. He muttered 'huh that's a funny game' and left.

Pretty good taste looking back most of what I did play was trash.
>>
>>26438597
My dad's kinda cool, and we're both pretty spergy and have some common interests like similar music and sports so conversation is pretty good considering it's two spergs talking
>>
>>26439305
I didn't judge anyone. My opener was a mere bait to get the conversation started.
>>
>>26439332
not every father is some guy breaking his back every day to put dinner on the table hardass type guy. becoming a dad is the easiest thing ever you just gotta cum in a vagina.
>>
File: 1454664203656.jpg (49KB, 275x278px) Image search: [Google]
1454664203656.jpg
49KB, 275x278px
>>26439228

>grinding
>path of exile

lmfao you surely mean botting, right?
>>
My dad is a chad. We talk politics and women and we tend to get along. He clearly overestimates the amount of times i talked to girls and i dont plan to correct him any soon.

He also likes memes so that is fun.
>>
>>26439264
Dude I played D3 S5 for about a week and it was not worth it. They give you everything as soon as you start the game pretty much. I hadn't played the game in ~2 years and I still got bored that quickly.

If you just get a set as soon as you reach level 70 there's just staggered progression. I tried making a second character because I was bored with the first one (Throns crusader). I had everything I needed on it and 2xUnity (Jesus Christ it's op). Made a sorceress. Used the leveling gem thing and cleared content to lvl 70 in about half an hour. Then I hit the wall where I'd have to grind to get set items at a really low rate. Alternatively I could hop over to the thorns crusader and grind there for blood shards. Took me about 3 hours in total to get all the tal rasha pieces. So then I'm up at torment 7 and I get to enjoy the stupid meteor throwing stuff. Pretty fun. For a while. It's extremely repetitive.

That just killed it for me. I'l probably never come back because what am I gonna do next season? Play another class and have the same experience just a lot faster?

PoE makes shit interesting. You can actually try a new build and it gradually gives you the sweet loot. It feels like actual progression. There's other problems of course but it's stupid how bad D3 feels compared to PoE.
>>26439372
>he lets his computer play his games for him
It's like you hate fun.
>>
>>26438798
You fucking degenerate succumbing to low class meme comedy. You could have literally became a chad if you didnt waste your time on fucking memes.

You millenials make me sick.
>>
Just when anyone ever asks "Anything new?"

No there's never fucking anything new. My life is a waking nightmare and the same god damn shit happens every time - I am either drunk or hungover.
>>
My dad is dead and I only talk about groceries with my mom
>>
>>26439353
>I was just baiting you
>you were trolled
>>
File: 1407013168365.jpg (25KB, 262x398px) Image search: [Google]
1407013168365.jpg
25KB, 262x398px
>>26438597

ARE YOU ME

Every conversation with my mother.
>>
File: 1454904845449.jpg (9KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1454904845449.jpg
9KB, 200x200px
>>26439404

>grinding all day for currency
>fun
>>
>>26439483
But if you don't play the game what use do you have of currency? Except the RMT I guess. Still you can't really say that you're playing the game.
>>
>>26439358
most of the people on this site can't even do that
>>
>>26439675
i haven't
but yea it's still nothing special
>>
>>26438860
You really are blissfully unaware aren't you, you fucking autist
>>
File: 1455081501951.jpg (104KB, 1160x629px) Image search: [Google]
1455081501951.jpg
104KB, 1160x629px
>>26438668
And you don't support Trump? kek
>>
>>26439332
if my father wanted a son to be proud of, maybe he should have fucking raised me

you don't know me
>>
File: concern3.gif (471KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
concern3.gif
471KB, 300x300px
>>26439228
>playing EU4 in living room
>normie female housemate leans over and asks what I'm playing
>literally no idea how to explain it, I doubt she's even heard of Age of Empires
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.