[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to reach out to family and friends for help with my

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

>want to reach out to family and friends for help with my "depression", to have them know what is happening
>don't want to because of the embarrassment and guilt because i'm probably not depressed and am only using it as an excuse for failing in life

Is anyone else impaled on this double edged sword?
>>
Yeah except my family and friends want me to get help desperately after I slashed my wrists up last week. I feel sick with guilt knowing that there is nothing wrong with me and I'm just a weak willed, oversensitive, lazy faggot and they are all worried sick.
>>
>>26432703

Cutting my wrists would be a lame attention seeking attempt, since I know that I can't really kill myself like that.

>I feel sick with guilt knowing that there is nothing wrong with me and I'm just a weak willed, oversensitive, lazy faggot

Are you me? That's pretty much the situation I'm in. Everything I could need in life is/was there, but I gave up over the tiniest setbacks.
My parents are that worried. They made one half assed attempt to help me and I shut them down. Now they're almost content with it, despite me lying in bed 22 hours a day. I even ignored, possibly the last, phone call from my friends.
I don't think we'll ever find a way out of this.
>>
>>26432770
Yeah it was a lame attention seeking attempt. Complete and utter faggotry. I feel like going to a therapist to placate them but I know I'd have literally nothing to say apart from 'I'm a lazy useless, self pitying, ungrateful brat, I know what I need to do to fix my life but I never do it because I'm too lazy.' I am a pretty detestable excuse for a human being anon, I can't think of many people who are lower than me in terms of value. Even heroin addicts build up some kind of tolerance to hard ship.
>>
>>26432662
Its a double edged word OP

Dont tell them you're depressed. Talk to them what you are depressed about.

And if you dont know why. Start to take stock of your life and understand where the depression stems from.

Journaling helps this process alot.

And if tou cant find a reason then tell them about how you've been feeling.or to a doctor.
>>
>>26432836

I know what you mean with the therapist stuff. When my parents tried to help me, they tried sending me to one. I'd be ashamed to walk into his room. Sometimes I have these daydreams where I'm talking to one. Either admitting how I'm an ungrateful cunt or trying to "simulate" how it would go down.

> I am a pretty detestable excuse for a human being anon, I can't think of many people who are lower than me in terms of value
Looks like there's more of us.

Heroin addicts have an easy way out.
>>
File: end.png (107KB, 800x388px) Image search: [Google]
end.png
107KB, 800x388px
I feel your pain desu. They just won't listen...and I can't even end it bc I know they will all hate me for it.
>>
>>26432912

I actually wrote down my thoughts and past, unpleasant events during my peak sadness. Apart from the temporary relief, it didn't help much.

>Talk to them what you are depressed about.
That absolutely makes sense. However it's also the problem. Objectively there is nothing to be depressed about. How are you supposed to vent and complain to someone who is worse off than you? Doing that would make me the biggest douchebag in the world. Not becoming a douchebag and cunt by keeping this to myself is the only decent thing I can do.
>>
>Depressed and letting my life spiral into complete shit
>can't tell anyone because I'm a pathological liar and telling the truth is impossible for me
>>
>>26433073

So... if you tried to you'd tell them that everything is alright?

>i want to talk to you about something serious
>you see... i am... alright
>>
>implying family and "friends" truly give a shit
You'll just lose them and come out as weird. Stick to 4chan or a psychologist for venting.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.