[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychiatric Evaluation

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 8

File: pepe.jpg (64KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
64KB, 1440x1080px
Holy FUCK /r9k/
I just found a pdf of a psychological evaluation I had last year in my moms trash bin on her computer.
It's basically just 27 pages of me being described as an autistic guy who will never be able to function in life.
It really hurt me hard. I really need /r9k/ tonight, please respond to this thread. I might post some pages later if I get up to blacking out personal information
>>
>>26424971

Post some stuff. I'll talk to you man. What did it say about you?
>>
Yeah, black stuff out. I'd like to read it, and then Ill do what I can to maybe cheer you up and help?

I'm a diagnosed autist and I don't know if I will function when I quote unquote grow up myself.
>>
>>26425019
>>26425020
I'll post some stuff later, I dont think I can do it right now
>>
>>26424971
Fellow Aspie here...
My mom is planning to move in a year and I have to move out on my own then..
The idea of that literally scares me.
>>
File: fuckme.png (53KB, 1240x398px) Image search: [Google]
fuckme.png
53KB, 1240x398px
>>26424971
I'm pretty sure my parents knew I was an autist when I was younger but never got me tested so that I didn't grow up with the ridicule and horrifying reality that comes with it

I can't imagine how much more terrible my life would have been stuck in a class of those mouthbreathing morons with medical disabilities

I would probably never forgive my parents for allowing that to happen, but thankfully they didn't let it happen

Didn't change the fact that I was literally pic related in school
>>
Bump 4u OP, I can't technically relate because I've never been diagnosed with anything, I used to take meds when I was really young though. But I know that feeling, it didn't mean it's true, who gives a fuck what some kike says. If they said you had cancer okay, but they're just assuming things based on their perception of people. Even though it's most likely true, I'm sure you can do something with your life.
>>
>>26424971
OP here, I'm probably not going to be able to post anything from the document for awhile. Every time I try reading it I just start crying, it is really painful.
What makes it so hard is that these are suspicions I've had my whole life, things I have tried so hard to hide, and it all comes out.
>>
>>26425141
anon that fucking image that fucking image./..
>>
>>26425327
It's OK buddy,to play with your toys. I'm sure mommy still loves you, you will get to wake up tomorrow and have some yummy cereal and then mommy will send you to a very special place full of tons of kids just like you and you can play with them and the best part is that you get to stay with them there and have a lot of fun
>>
>>26424971
guess it's time to pull an elliot anon
>>
>>26425418
Could the police shoot an actual retard if he was a threat to sombodys life?
>>
>>26425433
probably anon
>>
>>26425418
>>26425433
>>26425460
Don't worry, I'm nothing like Elliot. I blame no one else but myself for my problems.
>>
>>26425460
Only in murika tho. I can't see European police doing shit, especially in how they treated the siryan rapists
>>
>>26425122
It's only bad if you have to support yourself and you end up in a ghetto
>>
>>26425477
You should, you should blame yourself a lot. It's all your fault
>>
>>26425499
and then take out that rage on people
>>
>>26425122
Anon you are not moving alone, not if you are a diagnosed aspie you are not.
You are either getting abandoned or institutionalized
>>
Don't be a pussy, post some of it OP
>>
>>26425499
I know
>>26425513
Dont even bother joking around about this. I'm really in an awful mood and the last thing I need is to be treated like a threat when Im not one
>>
>>26425543
I'm not joking do it
>>
Find a direction, a passion or a hobby. It worked with me. I might be a loser but at least I work full time
>>
>>26425549
Im not going to so dont bother posting
>>
>>26425543
You are not a threat anon. A threat would be hidden away from the world, maybe locked in a room with a computer or TV as a way to keep him occupied
Your mother surely makes you interact with other autistic people and take all sorth of classes and therapy for your condition
>>
>>26424971
>>26425327
Several years ago I had an evaluation and at the time took it really hard. I've come to realize tho, that it's just a snapshot in one point in time. Not the whole movie. It gives you points to think about, but doesn't dictate who you are.
>>
>>26425607
>Your mother surely makes you interact with other autistic people and take all sorth of classes and therapy for your condition
never
>>
>>26425485
my parents pay for my older brother's apartment (he's in grad school) and he lives in a ghetto. But, it is a part of the ghetto that's being gentrified. Plus, his apartment is right next to a Metro station, although that isn't as important for him as it is for me because he has a car and can drive.
The main downside to where he live is that it's one of those new ultralight wood prefab apartment buildings, so in a fire, he's fucked.
>>
>>26425632
It states "Anon has been facing these issues like this since a young age" over and over again in varying words
>>
>>26425632
This fampai.

I would read that thing and make a mental list of things that I can change, then change them.

This is an opportunity for improvement. Much better than hiding these things from yourself.
>>
>>26425638
Well... Do you ever hit or bite?
>>
>>26425141
Yeah. maybe you would have learned a little compassion.
>>
>>26425523
She wouldn't do either of those to me. She hasn't gone into any details what the plan is though... If I was placed in a group home I would probably Sudoku. Same with if I ended up homeless.
>>
Could an Aspie function in the military? It's not specifically listed as a disqualifying condition and I've always wanted to joint the military.
>>
File: image%3A7694.jpg (48KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
image%3A7694.jpg
48KB, 500x374px
>>26425704
Sure thing anon, you probably have more family somewhere that is going to take care of you
Maybe an aunt or an older brother?
>>
>>26425655
Not exactly over and over. Go back and check.
However, it is exactly the points that are bothering you that make it into the psych profile. It's like you are testifying against yourself and leaving out all the good points.
>>
>>26425679
Once you have stuff in the open, you can make sense out of a lot of the self-help books too.
>>
Man, I'd really like to get a Psych Eval done.
The only thing that concerns me is that they might try to link my misogynistic inclinations to the fact that I'm a virgin at 21, when they're almost entirely unrelated.
>>
>>26424971
Why do you think your mom put it in the trash?
>>
>>26425704

My gf is retarded and her mom was discussing plans to put her in an assisted living facility. She's stupid but not that stupid. Maybe I just don't see it because I can relate to a lot of her shit except I am 'high-functioning'.

They don't sound that bad really, but if you can find a family member willing to give you a basement and you get on ssdi life is much better. If you perform basic hygeine and can cook without endangering yourself or others and use drugs responsibly then you probably don't need it. My gf gets like $750 in neetbux, $150 in food stamps, free drugs, and free doctor visits.

I'm not at the point I want to cohabitate, we tried that once and it turns out we're not so compatible. I have ambition and she quickly drags me down to her level instead of me elevating her to mine. Somehow she's also expensive. I'll decide to get a pint of icecream because it's on sale for like $2, I make it last for a month too. She asks in a cutesy way asking if I'll get her a couple things with it. I'm not poor, but those couple things are always something stupid she loses, breaks, or wastes in a matter of days, and she always wants more stupid shit. It adds up when I have to deal with it every day. Sex is nice, and while the company isn't that stimulating it's kind of like having a pet, something that's nice to cuddle and talk to even though it can't really respond appropriately or do anything useful besides a few little tricks.I guess sex is nice too, but I try not to think about it because I fear the sex is the only reason I'm with her, I know I wouldn't be able to get another girl to let me use her the way I want to.
>>
>>26425763
I actually have an Aunt who lives a few blocks down the street from me and who happens to run an organization for Autistic people. But I'm Way too high functioning to be a client at her organization, nor would I want to be a client at her or any other organization. I would probably off myself if I was placed in a group home. Those places have zero privacy and people telling you what you can and can't do and when. Fuck that shit.
She does have the basement set up as an apartment and it's currently not being used (my cousin moved out like a year ago).
I do also have money in Vangard from an inheritance and from being hit by a car that I could use to pay for an apartment for a while, but that would run out eventually. However, it's not the money part that scare me the most, but that is part of it.
>>
>>26425897
Oh nonono this lost is not getting unnoticed I. My watch.
Anon is fucking a mentally challenged girl
>those places aren't that bad
They are horrible. People get raped there all the time Google it dumbass
>>
File: yourhome.jpg (41KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
yourhome.jpg
41KB, 300x400px
>>26424971
>in my moms trash bin on her computer
>in my moms trash bin
>in trash bin
>>
>>26425927
Anon, I'm not sure how functioning you are and I'm not fucking with you when I'm telling you you are getting sent there.
That money you think you have its not yours, your mother gets to decide what it's done with it because you have a condition, you don't get to live alone or dispoce of that sum of money
That woman may not even be your aunt at all, how often do yuo go there? How long have you known her?
Anon you are going to get mad and defensive and I understand that and I understand you are in denial too
>>
>>26425897
>tfw no autistic sex toy gf

Fucking normal scum. Im feeling pretty mad. Freaking Chads get all the women, even the autistic ones.

How did you guys meet?
>>26424971
Post your evaluation notes already anon
>>
>>26426027

I'm assuming it's mostly the girls getting raped, the guy I responded to should be ok. People think retards don't fuck but downie girls are usually pretty nympho. By retarded I meant autistic though, my gf isn't potato-kin or anything.

Unless his mom just hates him he could ask her to find a new home if he is raped frequently. For the people who actually need it it beats homelessness. 3 hot meals, a bed, and therapy groups and activities throughout the day. Some even teach them jobs so they feel more self sufficient/the facility gets slave labor.
>>
>>26426092
She is my aunt. I've known her my whole life, she has the same last name as my mom and my mom's other sister (they all kept their maiden names). It's also the same last name as my grand parents and is also my middle name. there are also countless family photos showing her growing up with my mom. she is definitely my Aunt.

I am Extremely high functioning. I have even managed to keep a part time job since high school. Also, I can use the money if I want, it is my money after all. It would just be a bit challenging to take it out since it's in a vangard account.
I've even considered buying some land somewhere and living off grid. I was thinking of doing that in Kentucky because the land is cheap and fertile alone with a few other reasons. Although I'm not sure how I would get everything set up. But it would be cool to live out in the country like that. then I could just wonder off into nature whenever I wanted. Plus, Kentucky had great gun l was and if my plot of land was big enough I could have a shooting range on my own property.
>>
>>26426167
I'm talking about your girlfriend getting raped there tho.
Anon here well be could rape girls I guess but I wouldn't recommend it tho. It's not the downies raping them, the downies who do that kind of stuff get drugged to hell and back or chained. It's the people responsible for the patients the ones who rape them and it makes it all worse because these patients depend on this nurses and doctors completely
Sure you say she is a nynpho, not realizing she is going to be forced to have sex with docens of guys in exchange for toys that she will break, it won't be enjoyable for her, if she wants to stop she won't be able to because they will force her to continue
She won't communicate to you or anyone what's happening because she has autism and people with autism lock themselves when this sorth of things happened condition will get worse because of this
>>
>>26426246
Anon people with autism are always in care for as long as you live you will have a caretaker and you won't dispose of that money ever, your caretaker will.
If you want to live in some land in the woods talk about it with your mother, explain it to bed and maybe she will agree or at least send you there with someone to take care of you.
That gun tho, that's completely out of the question sorry
>>
>>26425701
I guess I dodged a bullet there

Compassion is created by people in charge to turn people into sheep that can't make reasonable decisions when they think it will harsh their mellow
>>
>>26426308

I see what you mean now.

Fortunately the group home isn't a possibility anymore, though the events leading to that are pretty sad and involve her mom an heroing.

I had just hoped it was bluffing trying to get me to commit and marry. I wouldn't let her be put in a group home. I wasn't aware of rape being such a big problem with the places though. Maybe I will google it for curiosity's sake. Even though I'm not sure I really """"""love""""" her I am very possessive and get pissed off even when other guys talk to her. The episode of star trek where Data talks about friendship as familiarity with a person really resonate with me. What is love really?

I'd probably enter tard rage mode and end up in jail if she actually did get raped. I don't mean pet in a derogatory sense, it's more like those retarded animal lovers who value animal welfare above that of humans.
>>
You just gotta fake it until it infects you with its larva and it hatches from your skin
I mean, fake having social skills and eventually you'll develop them.
If you want to say something, think about it. Is it retarded? If no say it. If yes, then think of a better way to say it, or don't. It's what I do and how I avoid my autismoments
>>
soooo you gonna post stuff from the eval or not, senpai? we can help comfort you some more if you do.
>>
>>26426417
I don't need intense levels of care. I could use some help with some things. But I think I could eventually live on my own, I'm just not yet ready for that. Also, why don't you think I could have a gun? I'm not a threat to anyone. I know all the rules of firearms safety and I have used guns before when I was at boy scout camp. Also, that money is legally mine, so I could spend it how I wanted if I removed it from the vanguard account.
I do really need to clean up my room though, but I can cook and I can take care of my hygiene fairly well, although I do forget to brush my teeth most of the time.
>>
File: 0590 - 6txY1o9.jpg (47KB, 579x553px) Image search: [Google]
0590 - 6txY1o9.jpg
47KB, 579x553px
I'm following this thread , I have some feels , please do continue
>>
>>26426497
Anon I don't know you, I believe that what you are telling me is true, you are a bit slow, its not your fault and I'm not making fun of you for it but that's a dead giveaway that you are telling g the truth.
I think you taking care of this girl who is worse off than you and just lost her mother is a great thing to do and you should totally do it as much as you can. It's not normal for people with autism to live alone with no caretaker, you can't be responsible for her like a caretaker because you need one too.
I hope you the best and I advise you not to take things here seriously, you are not a bad person, its not your fault you are this way, its not your fault your girlfriend is this way either, there are bad people here, you are smart enough not to listen to them tho
>>
Ok so are there any actual autists on this thread? I'm beginning to think that I'm autistic and it would explain so much if I am. I've only asked a counselor once if I was autist but she said Im most likely not but I don't trust her. Anyways how do people perceive you autists? People have my whole life told me I'm serious and quiet. I don't think I have anything wrong with me because people seem to find me funny whenever I try to warm up to them. But even then I don't have many friends I guess my only difficulty is feeling not worthy enough to be anyone's friend. Anyone else feel inferior to others? I can't stop feeling a sudden rejection feeling when I want to meet new people.
>>
>>26426539

I think it's a bretty gud dream and want o do similar, though in Mississippi or Tennessee though. Check out simple solar homesteading if you haven't yet. It's not at all an unrealistic dream. I'd suggest on grid power even if you do use solar, they just purchase any excess any energy produced by you. Batteries are a pain in the ass. Well water with a grey water outlet to a gravel bed or wetlands in where you put the pee and other non-poopoo water. Poopoo can go in a compoosting or incinerating toilet.

As much as liberals hate it guns are legal and short of being ex armed forces or a felon it's hard to have those rights revoked.

I want to raise bees and bunnies and grow vegetables and shoot deer and make lots of homebrew beer, spirits, and wine. Internet isn't great out in the sticks but it's enough that you can torrent a show at 80-120kb/s at peak speeds. Who play multiplayer vidya these days anyway? The last fun multiplayer game was halo 2.
>>
>>26426667
Since I've posted some of my feels here are some others while they're beginning to surface. I have never had a gf I mean I've had dates with girls but it never meant anything to them. I also hate myself because of all those times I've been rejected. I've tried to improve myself so many times like losing weight or hitting the gym. I've tried to increase my knowledge and even tried to be a more exciting person around others but for some reason I've never been fit in with anyone.
>>
>>26426539
Caretakers aren't your enemy's anon,they are there to help you and make sure nobody harms you. You can't be responsible for that money because its a lot of money, I'm sorry nobody explained any of this to you, you are obviously neglected.
People with autism need to be protected, a fun is very dangerous and a lot of people believe you shouldn't have one becausethey don't want you to get hurt buddy.
>>
OP please post some of it. I was recently diagnosed as an aspie. It might help me. For real. I'm super fucking depressed about it.
>>
>>26426667

Some of what you say sounds familiar, but I never feel inferior. I actually feel like I am millions of times better than everyone else. I mean it takes absolutely no effort to beat them in 90% of activities. I'm sure the 8th grader doesn't get along that great with the 8 year olds. That's kind of what it feels like being autistic. Sure I want to play the reindeer games with them even though they are inferior to me, but the rejection is more confusing and anger inducing than a failure on my part. I don't feel like ants are better than me just because they can talk in fart and walk up walls. Neurotypical human nonverbal communication is kind of like ants talking in farts. Body language completely eludes me and I get a nails on chalkboard feeling when I make eye contact, but they rely on such crude forms of communication because they are beneath me, not above.
>>
>>26426667

I'm very much the same as you, and I am autistic. I have a stutter too, which doesn't help. People say I have a friendly face but I think that's bullshit. I'm very quiet and I always say stupid shit when I have to talk to other people. Extreme anxiety around girls. Terrible self image and self esteem. Constantly thinking about suicide. I hate myself and my life. I can't bear to live another half century if it's going to be like this, only worse.
>>
>>26426783

Unless he is legally declared incompetent or his caretaker has power of attorney they can't do shit to stop him. The money is his and he can use it like anyone else can use theirs. The fact it's in mutual funds is a pretty good hint he isn't under someone's legal caretaking. It would be in some retarded bonds or in the caretakers account if that were the case.

Funs are dangerous, and a lot of people believe noone but the gorvernment should have them. That doesn't mean tard-kun can't legallly own one. I suggest he go down to a pawn shop and get an sks and nugget and have fun. I was 14 when I was given my first gun, a cheapo 20 gauge. Instead of hurting people I think it made me a lot more cognizant and responsible. I had something that could kill, or at least seriously injure someone. Even when I got a pocket knife at 12 I understood I couldn't go around stabbing people because that isn't nice and would probably upset them.
>>
>>26426857
You know it takes a special kind of edgy piece of shit to come to a thread with people suffering from disabilitys who clearly have a hard time doing basic stuff and telling them you are just like them but you are somehow better than 80% of your peers
Please acquire self awareness and realize how stupid everything you just said sounds like, how dangerous it is to tell people this kind of stuff for themselves, and remove yourself from this thread and this plane of existence
>>
>>26426725
Thank you.
I had looked at Tennessee too and it was one of my other top choices. I have also wanted to get into beekeeping and growing rabbits for food (along with other food sources).

>>26426783
I'm not medium or low functioning. I told you, I am Extremely High Functioning. As I said I have even had a job for 5 years (six if you include the internship portion I did during my senior year of high school).
As far as guns, I have never been adjudicated mentally defective or placed in a mental hospital so I can legally buy guns. And no, I am not neglected, I'm not a child, I am mostly independent.
>>
>>26426891
Yup you pretty much nailed it perfectly for me. I wish there was a cure for autism... I don't want to live either but I have a desire to kill so I don't want to an hero without a fight.
>>
>>26424971
Basically you are a retarded kid who need other retarded kids (who talk like retarded using terms like "gf" for girlfriend or my favourite "chad" to say FUNCTIONAL HUMAN BEING)to say that you're not retarded?

...that's retarded,i hope you will cry yourself to sleep tonight
>>
File: 1437891046903.jpg (17KB, 315x310px) Image search: [Google]
1437891046903.jpg
17KB, 315x310px
>>26424971
Iktf all to well anon. Same thing happened to me. I got a paragraph into it and had to stop reading. The writing was so brutally honest. Not even insulting, just factual. It hurt. It still hurts.
>>
>>26426857
Its okay anon your wanting to be superiour only suppresses your feelings of inferiority. I get it you want validation from others but the only way to be feel liked by others is to love yourself. But then again this is just bullshit counselors have told me for years now.
>>
>>26426953
Yeah I googled it, and I can't believe this is true but a person with autism or aspeegers can own a gun is some state, only in America friends,. It still doesn't mean he can dispose of that money tho. I have never heard on my life of a person with autism without a caretaker with power of attorney
>>
>>26426969
What do you mean by mostly independent anon?
>>
>>26424971
Iktf OP I also have an autism diagnosis

I would not wish this shit on my worst enemy

Post the documents for us to study
>>
>>26427034
That's because you are only thinking of low-medium functioning individuals. I have my own power of attorney, but my mom does my taxes and makes medical appointments for me .
>>
>>26427028
Since OP wont post his eval notes, can you post some, or what you remember?
>>
>>26427101
>but my mom does my taxes and makes medical appointments for me
oh fug
i'm 24 and my mom does this too
am I autistic
>>
>>26427101
How old are you anon?
Original not bot bot
>>
>>26426968

I am unapologetically edgy.I don't care that it hurts your feelings. I am better than other people. That's what autism means, better than everyone. It's used as a slur out of jealousy. I said 90% though, not 80%.

It's not stupid. People who are naturally better than everyone should have some pride, not feel bad for being better. Sometimes the emperor has no clothes, sometimes it's the church wanting Copernicus burned for his heliocentric heresy. Usually it's the latter.
>>
>>26427090
I work part time, I can go to work and home on my own. I can buy things on my own. I can cook without burning the house down, although I have had close calls when I forget that I have something on the stove or in the toaster. I've only once had to use a fire extinguisher because of cooking. I do forget go buy food at the store though, and have trouble deciding what to buy when I go to the store. I can take care of my hygiene pretty well, except for forgetting to brush my teeth. Also, I do fine when my mom is away (she goes to her long term boy friend's house every other weekend). Also, I've done fine when my mom and her boy friend go on vacation for a week, two weeks, or three weeks. I do end up ordering food a lot though when she's not there or I won't have dinner sometimes and just eat snacks or not eat at all. I also usually skip breakfast and lunch, but I tend to wake up in the afternoon anyway.
>>
>>26427154
I'm 24yo.

Also, thankfully she doesn't cle
>>
>>26427238
damn, it posted while I was still typing (I had hit post but there was a 30 second thing on the post button so I figured I would add more).

Also, thankfully she doesn't clean my room anymore. In fact, she has stayed out of my room for about a year now. She does nag me a lot to clean my room though.
>>
Alright so is anyone in this board even autistic? Most of you speak like if you depend on others to make your mean ends. Fuck no wonder you are all virgins and filthy. Like why the fuck do some of you have caretakers for a mental condition that you have absolutely no physical evidence of? I'm not talking about all of you lazy bums as physical evidence either.
>>
>>26427319

I think it's time you put the bottle of alcohol down and went to bed. Please repost saying what you attempted to convey with that post in an understandable way first though.
>>
>>26427191
Pride of your genetics. Kek, are you retard? How can you feel pride of something that was given to you freely.
>>
>>26425477
>apparently has a litany of psychological impairments
>there is no free will anyway
>still falls for the bootstrap meme
>>
>>26424971
it's ok anon i found paperwork when i was like 16 saying i'm a retard with adhd and will never function and i now make more than both my parents combined
plus you can get disability my man
>>
>>26425897
Wow, what an interesting life. Sure wish I could read more
>>
>>26427537

Everything is the result of genetics, environment, or an interplay of the two. Neither are given freely. They just happen. Humans are emotional animals. We experience pride.

Should the chameleon not change colors because it has chromatophores? I wouldn't say it should or shouldn't do such. It changes colors because that is what it does.
>>
>>26427191
>that's what autism means, better than everybody

Get a fucking load of this guy
>>
>>26427619

No problem, friend. I post frequently on [r9k], usually multiple times a day. Keep coming around and you will likely see more of my posts. My personal life is a common element of many of my posts. I haven't written a book or anything, but as the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. This won't be the last time I post about mental health or my gf.
>>
>>26427728
>I haven't written a book yet, but...

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here buddy, usually only genuinely interesting people write successful biographies.
>>
>>26427658
So you are a simple emotional animal without reasoning. Bye.
>>
>>26427782

You misquote me. I said:
>No problem, friend. I post frequently on [r9k], usually multiple times a day. Keep coming around and you will likely see more of my posts. My personal life is a common element of many of my posts. I haven't written a book or anything, but as the saying goes, good things come to those who wait. This won't be the last time I post about mental health or my gf.

I'm not sure where you got the idea of a successful biography from anyway. A biography is written by a writer about someone else. I think you may have meant autobiography. Besides that, success comes after the biography or autobiography is released and receives a favorable reception. A book isn't successful before it is written. That doesn't even make sense.
>>
File: image.jpg (102KB, 700x1152px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102KB, 700x1152px
>tfw never have seen a psychiatrist
>tfw all te signs were there my entire life, but parents didn't care enough to get me help
>tfw 99% sure you're an aspie or worse
>24 khv

I live on my own now and can work, but every single night I stress about having to leave my apartment again. I can't deal with social aituations unless I zone myself out and let autopilot take over. Doing this, I'm able to make it through the workday and rush back home to hide. I keep telling myself I need help, but I'm too scared to find out if I really am an autist...
>>
>>26427793

Is that a question? You terminated your first sentence with a period. If it is indeed a question my response would be thusly:

Not at all. I am a complex emotional animal with reasoning.

I do wish you a goodnight if you haven't yet left. It's not common to say farewell on an online message board though. I take no offense, I'm just remarking on the oddness of it and bringing the fact to your attention. We generally don't make use of such formalities here.
>>
>>26424971
If you were autistic you wouldn't be able to function you wouldn't be upset by this. You'd probably spell check the pdf
>>
Could an Aspie function in the military? It's not specifically listed as a disqualifying condition and I've always wanted to joint the military.
My psychiatrist doesn't think I should join and doesn't think it would be a good environment for me, but do you think an Aspie could make it. I don't need a full 20 year career, I would be happy with just doing a few years.
>>
Is op still there? Your situation sucks mang, confront your mother from hiding this from you, that's disgraceful and ignorant of her. You should have earned so much neetbux, and maybe get some contempt with your life situations (you could have even played the "I'm an autist" card), but no, she hid this from you. I'm planning to get tested, but I'm not telling my mom, she doesn't believe in mental illness, and I don't trust here to relay medical information to me. I wish you the best anon, and have you posted those medical documents yet?
>>
>>26427945

I don't know if this will allay any of your concerns, but autism is a developmental disorder. It's about as treatable as a personality disorder, meaning there is no cure or treatment.

You just learn to deal with it. If your problems impact your life enough to where quality of life is diminished it may be worth seeking help, but the best you will get is an antidepressant and basic advice. Crude social scripts and algorithms spelled out for you and a little mindfulness and cognitive behavioral exercises to work on are useful and I have benefited from their implementation, but it never gets any easier. I have just come closer to seeing what the moves are in the ritual dance that it human interaction. Being able to seee them is of little good if I can't do them myself though. In some ways it's made things worse. Ignorance is bliss. There is the possibility that a therapist will only highlight parts of you that suck that you were oblivious to while being unable to offer any help for those areas or the ones that you already knew you were shit in.

It can be validating having another person confirm that you are fucked up so it's not entirely your fault, but it does nothing to change the fact you are fucked up.
>>
>>26428066
)There is the possibility that a therapist will only highlight parts of you that suck that you were oblivious to while being unable to offer any help for those areas or the ones that you already knew you were shit in.

Welp, that sounds terrifying. I think I'd rather not know. Thanks for the advice.
>>
>>26425897
>even retarded girls can get bfs
fuck this life
>>
OP here, sorry that there has been such a long wait. Posting the stuff in the evaluation has been a way bigger pain in the ass than I would have imagined. I didn't have time to download the file into google drive or anything so I had to copy and paste the text and sent it to myself. I only posted all this when I got home, and only a couple minutes ago did I finally go through and change my name to anon and other things. Then I couldn't post it directly into the comment field because it contained Non-ACSII text.
Anyways, here is a screencap of some text I copy and pasted and edited.
>>
>>26428966
Thank you for posting it. Is that all? I hope you saved the rest somewhere since you found it in the trash folder on your mom's computer. if the internet is slow were you are, you could use a flash drive.
>>
>>26428966
So basically

>Anon, who is suffering from depression, was not bubbly and talkative enough
>AUTISM!

Psychology is one bogus, degenerate "profession". I can't wait until cheap brain scans and computational chemistry steamroll this scam into oblivion.
>>
>>2642896
If it's any consolation OP I have autism and a similar evaluation for me would look a lot more damning.

Seriously, you've outperformed me in many ways.

You have a restricted/repetitive behavior score of 0? I assure you mine would have been very high. Unlike you I also exhibit echolalia.

Anyway my point being that there are lower-functioning people here. Based on this evaluation your condition sounds fairly mild.
>>
>>26429497
Psychology major here
I agree - Brain scans for a better future.
>>
>>26424971
So I work as a master's level therapist (failed out of my PhD). Psychology / psychiatry is notorious for bullshit. It's what's known as a "normative science -- that is, in addition to stating how things are, it's also invested in stating how things (in this case, people), SHOULD be. This obviously creates a lot of problems.

I'm very curious to know a) whether the clinician used an unstructured, semi-structured, or fully structured interview (the latter two, being more reliable), b) if it used any well-known psychological inventories (preferably those that have been psychometrically validated) and c) if the clinician took a full psychosocial history over a period of time, rather than just basing his views on one or two sessions.

tl;dr: I work in mental health. A lot of us are supreme bullshit artists so don't necessarily take everything you hear from a clinician at face value, even if they do have a PhD or (especially) and MD at the end of their name.
>>
>>26427945
You are more likely to have social fobia, social anxiety or agoraphobia. It is treatable. Go to psychotherapist instead of psychiatrists that would drug you and cause you more pain. You are doing good if you can force yourself out there, that is a sign you can treat it.
>>
>>26429594
Glad to meet a technologically minded psychology student. It will be very interesting indeed. I bet there's so much that's been misdiagnosed right now because we simply can't see inside the brain easily. The syndromes defined in the DSM have served a purpose in organizing the huge list of symptoms an individual may display, but they're a bit of a relic now and the field should move on to identifying genetic markers or physical traumas in individual patients. We can even dream of a point where the analysis is completely automated and a probable diagnosis and recommended treatment is spit out for a psychologist to approve.
>>
>>26429497
Lol you don't know jackshit about what you're talking about.
Learn2psychometrics and them kill yourself, faggot.
>>
>>26428966
post more pages
>>
>>26429599
Based anon.
Bringing back the knowledge to unfathomable places
>>
>>26428966
Bullshit.

There are millions of other people in the world that share those same characteristics describing you (take r9k).

Frankly, I dont see anything negative in that evaluation, yes, apparently you have issues with the socialization aspects of your life but so does a lot of people. Some have it easier and some harder than you.

Do you have friends? Have you had any friends in the past?

Maybe youre not the social butterfly we all wish we were, but theres nothing wrong with that. Life is harder for those who lack social qualities, whatever. Youre just you and you cannot change it. You probably have some talents, some positives in your person, maybe not (dafuq i know). But Im guessing you do, take interest in yourself for fucks sake.

Not one person will give you anything for free, nobody deserves shit, its just luck. Just try to enjoy it somehow.

How old are you OP?
>>
>>26429777
Get back to tumblr.

>You are just you!

McKill yourself!
>>
>>26429796
You are just you.

Whats incorrect in that statement?
>>
>>26429821
It denies that one has the potential to change.
>>
I found some letters from my psych recently too. They were mainly from when I was an aggressive sperglord 14 year old.

It's not fun to read, I was such a terrible person. Part of me wishes they were as blunt with me as they were in the letters to my mother.
>>
>>26429821
Yes he is just himself but he also requires some psychosocial intervention.

Fuck you for trying to enable people while not understanding how the medical field works.
>>
>>26429821

I dont believe we can change that much in the fundamental aspects of our personalities.

If its possible, it would take an incredible amount of time an energy. External circumstances shape us a bit, so does genetics, but mainly we do not choose who we become and who we are.
>>
>>26424971
Therapist anon here again. Just a general note for those unaware: you are legally entitled to read ALL of the case notes from your therapy sessions. These include all assessments, treatment plans, progress notes, diagnoses, prognosis etc. The only thing you can't read are therapists personal notes (although, in some states you can get even these). Unfortunately, a lot of private practitioners will just keep everything in the "personal notes" file, to the extent that they even keep records.

Anyway, if you have a shit therapist and want to watch them freak out, and aren't too sensitive about what they think, go ahead and ask for them.
>>
>>26426667
I never got diagnosed, but I had the laundry list of teen problems.

30 now, fuck society.

You're better then them, don't feel bad about yourself. Perfect your job, lord over them, be ruthless.
>>
>>26428053
You won't qualify. They wouldn't let you around weapons. You can always lie though if you're good at hiding your power levels.
>>
>>26424971
I wish we had something similar in my country. Since I didn't kill anyone society let me grow up to an adult aspie and there is barely anything to do now.
>>
>>26425477
elliot blamed the right persons, but he shoot the wrong
>>
>>26424971
What I don't understand is why would it be on your moms computer, and how you haven't seen it either. Also there's no such thing as a 27 page psychological evaluation.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.