[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>seeing therapist today >subject of a local con comes up

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1454983046640.jpg (220KB, 600x881px) Image search: [Google]
1454983046640.jpg
220KB, 600x881px
>seeing therapist today
>subject of a local con comes up when I explain that I plan to go
>she mentions another patient is going to "comic-con"
>assume that it means she's going to the same one since it's next month and all normies think every con is comic-con
>ended up discussing this girl who also see's her who I find to be pretty cute
>therapist offered to ask the girl if she was interested in me (how she plans to do that I'm not sure)

Now the only issue here is that she apparently has aspergers. Now I don't know a lot about aspergers, but seeing as this is /r9k/ I figured my fellow robots might. Can you anons enlighten me as to what I could expect from an apergers gf? Or an aspergers girl in general?
>>
>>26422268
As a male with aspergers, I can tell you this can range from "Pretty much normal with a bit of social anxiety and awkwardness" to "Lumbering land whale with no sense of personal space, hygiene or basic social conventions."

Who knows, she might be a quirky QT.
>>
>>26422433
She goes to cons, she's gonna be a landwhale
>>
>>26422268
nice make believe, robot, but the therapist can't discuss clients with other clients
>>
>>26422433
See I was kind of hoping for quirky qt. From what I've seen she seems well kempt enough, she wears odd shoes, I saw her in a Deadpool jacket one day, I don't think she's a total freak. But there's really no way to know until I've spoken to her.

Honestly my biggest concern is that I'll talk to her, like her at first, she'll really like me, and then she'll have some awful trait that completely kills my interest and then I'll have just hurt an innocent girl.
>>
>>26422500
Sure they can. This isn't sensitive medical information.
>>
>>26422500
Yeah, there's no way this is for real, that's not how therapists work.
>>
Your therapist is trying to get you laid.

I can't decide if that makes her the best therapist in the world, or the worst.
>>
>>26422500
Mine did. I could tell he was /pol/ the moment she mentioned him.
>>
>>26422532
I wouldn't worry about that. Talk to her, hang out with her, see how well you mesh before asking her out. If it turns out it doesn't work, well she's an adult. She can survive. But I would give it a shot at least, most people with aspergers are normal enough, if not slightly introverted.

One thing, she might drone on and on about a certain subject, that's an autistic trait. Just let her drone, eventually she should move on from whatever it is. If you're lucky it will be something intresting. You will score brownie points if you ask her about it as well.
>>
>>26422268
Only people that you'll find going to a therapist that could generally be sociable people are adults with ADD which is more a learning disability than anything else.
>>
>>26422268
>I don't know a lot about aspergers
Normie detected
>>
>>26422532
Well, autism is a spectrum. So it appears differently in those it affects. So one sperg girl could be a shy quirky qt (Aspergers can make people shy, as they are aware of their social deficits, and, like normal people, want friends, companionship and not rejection and ridicule). Another could be an unkempt legbeard landwhale. Same with guys. One guy could be an awesome, smart but kinda awkward friend you can play vidya with. Another would be a neckbeard who you would try your best not to strangle to death.
>>
>>26422268

Take the plunge, OP.

But don't keep your hopes up.
>>
>>26422493
Cons have both hot girls and landwhales. Though hot girls probably get more attention than the landwhales. And landwhales get attention from desperate guys.
>>
>>26422268
Sauce for that pic, fampai?
>>
>>26422493
I've seen this girl several times in the office, she's a skinny qt with glasses. Probably a 7/10 just based on her looks, but that's how I prefer my females. Chads usually leave them alone if they're under an 8 or 9.

>>26422500
I asked the same thing, but she's leaving the office she currently works at and it's not like I'm going to tell a bunch of people and fuck her over. I was really surprised she shared the aspergers part though.

>>26422590
A lot of my depression and other issues stem from a horrible break-up I went through, so I think she sees this as a sort of greater good treatment thing. If I have a new girl to take my mind off my ex I'll do much better. At least that's how I imagine my therapist sees it. We're both single as far as I know and I'm obviously lonely so she's throwing me a bone because I'm a good person for the most part.

>>26422629
That'd be ideal. As long as her weird hobby is anime, vidya, or comic books (Deadpool jacket makes me believe she's probably a bit of a geek: green flag) then I doubt it'll bother me much. I'll probably just ask her out to get some coffee or something so we can talk. Or just talk to her in the office since my therapist offered to put our appointments close enough together that I'd have the opportunity to. I love my fuckin' therapist, bros.

>>26422644
She has ADHD and aspergers as far as I've been told.

>>26422719
True, true. I'm hoping she's just quirky and adorable because she's definitely not unkempt or fat.

>>26422846
Thanks anon, I just have to hope she says yes when my therapist brings me up to her. Assuming she even knows who I am. The guy wearing the Tokyo Ghoul hoodie is a pretty identifiable trait though.

>>26423023
I don't have it, sorry. I just saved it in a thread here and assumed it was a one off.
>>
File: 1403803962036.png (134KB, 327x482px) Image search: [Google]
1403803962036.png
134KB, 327x482px
bumperino inorganic
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.