[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anybody here write as a hobby?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 11

File: 1375991589558.jpg (146KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1375991589558.jpg
146KB, 704x396px
Does anybody here write as a hobby?
>>
File: Ginko.jpg (159KB, 500x539px) Image search: [Google]
Ginko.jpg
159KB, 500x539px
>>26420215
Not stories or anything. I write down anything important I've learned, or that has happened so that I may not forget, as well as my current thoughts.
It's rather therapeutic. I'm sure most robots could benefit from taking up this hobby.
>>
>>26420486
Wouldn't that be a diary?
>>
I write shitty fanfiction, does that count?
>>
>>26420513
Perhaps it's, yet this still qualifies as writing I believed.
>>
File: 14401025174760.jpg (131KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
14401025174760.jpg
131KB, 800x600px
>>26420215
Wrote an adventure-ish story, dropped at 50k words because I ran out of ideas. It had some cringe-worthy shit too in there, good thing it never got posted in whole anywhere.
>>
>>26420215
I write code.
>>
File: 1415211651479.jpg (88KB, 1128x720px) Image search: [Google]
1415211651479.jpg
88KB, 1128x720px
>>26420524
Totally, who're the characters?

>>26420572
What was it about?

>>26420577
What kind of code? How did you learn?
>>
>>26420572
This is why I always stop at 1000 words and read it later when I am in a different mood.

My mind slips in and out of autism and sometimes I can get carried away with things utterly convinced I am doing something creative and totally not cringeworthy.
>>
File: 1453994091765.jpg (15KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1453994091765.jpg
15KB, 360x270px
I used to write a lot when I was in grade school, then stopped, then started again, then stopped because my biggest flaw (pacing) I couldn't work around.

I started writing a short story about a stinky NEET girl as practice for moving on to something bigger, but I got stumped about a page and a half in because it's so cringeworthy it hurts to read. And I'm not sure where to take it without it being awkward.
>>
I write poetry for regular competitions.
I win or place top three fairly frequently, but always submit under fake identities so no-one I know finds out.
>>
>>26420524
The day people find out about all of the lesbian fanfiction I've written is the day I finally work up the courage to blow my brains out.
>>
I sometimes like to write little short stories and stuff.

I also like to write awful fanfiction things about the characters my friends play in a game because it annoys the hell out of them.
Well it annoys MOST of them, at least.
>>
I tried doing that once the other day.
I have a piece of paper right here that proves it.
I use words to describe a visual scene and use them terribly.
I'd probably be better at directing than writing.
>>
File: 13.jpg (194KB, 728x1035px) Image search: [Google]
13.jpg
194KB, 728x1035px
Yeah. I write.

I've been making up stories since I was small. It started with me drawing comics on the playground, similar to pic-related. People usually like my stuff, usually. I submitted four short stories to my university's lit mag. Hopefully they'll accept at least one.

How about you OP? Do you write at all?
>>
>>26420878
I don't fancy myself a writer, but after listening to the start of one of my favorite stories I had this sudden rush to ape Lovecraft as much as possible.

My only friend said they liked it, so that was reassuring.
>>
File: stickynotememories.png (79KB, 1366x693px) Image search: [Google]
stickynotememories.png
79KB, 1366x693px
I kind of 'write' but it isn't really stories, more of a hobby

Basically I wake up every morning and come up with a character, then I edit the sticky notes on my laptop to be the notes that the character would probably have on their laptop.

For example, today I am role playing as a man who will soon become the first person from his country (Samoa) to go into space.

I chose Samoa due to my obesity. I sit at my computer all day so this is a great way to make believe and pretend I am someone who is making something of my life.

Pic related is my desktop currently to give you a thorough understanding. I can read these notes and pretend I am a Samoan astronaut using his computer in his downtime
>>
File: 665.jpg (133KB, 956x535px) Image search: [Google]
665.jpg
133KB, 956x535px
>>26421246
Lol that's fucking weird you're awesome.
>>
>>26421246
what the fuck, this is the most bizarre thing ive ever seen
>>
>>26420215
I rp, not sexually tho
I lack the skills to actually write and that's my biggest shame
>>
>>26421246
That's actually pretty neat, anon.
I'd change the wording on some of it, though
I doubt someone from samoa would say 'National dish of your country, samoa' or even 'samoan internet'

That said it's not like you're writing tis for anyone else, I'm just an austist about the details
>>
>>26421246
Even for this place this is pretty damn depressing.
>>
>>26420215
I tried to write 40k smut-pasta to annoy /tg/ but my English is crap
>>
I do. It's a way of breaking up the monotony of everyday life, and dealing with depression.
>>
File: goaway.jpg (26KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
goaway.jpg
26KB, 500x377px
>>26421372
>>26421409
Why are you even on /r9k/?
Fuck off normalfag scum.
>>
>>26421397
I mean j can create a scene, characters, a story and dialogue shy the hell is so hard to actually write a proppe thing?
I had people listen to my one person conversations for hours
>>
I used to write MLP fanfiction.

I was shit at it.
>>
File: 7303177.jpg (25KB, 210x210px) Image search: [Google]
7303177.jpg
25KB, 210x210px
>>26421246
This is fucking great.
>>
>>26420215
I'm doing research for my novel as we speak.
>>
>come up with story idea
>this would work so much better in <insert medium>
>rinse and repeat
>>
>>26421704
researching on 4chan?
>>
>>26421888
This is where I come to research about women and politics.
>>
>>26421916
Yes, 4chan will give you a very good image of politics and women.
>>
>>26420215
Never as a hobby, but I really got into some of my assignments.

My best work was in small groups or pairs and I guess I was normal enough to collaborate successfully on lyrics, scripts, and that sort of thing.

I also wrote pretty good papers for my undergraduate English classes in college.

I became a shit writer. after earning my BA in political science through. By the time I graduated, my typical paper was a long string of quotes or paraphrases followed by endnotes.
>>
File: screenplay.jpg (111KB, 282x426px) Image search: [Google]
screenplay.jpg
111KB, 282x426px
I would love to be a screenwriter, but know that's extremely unrealistic I'm aiming to become a network administrator.

I have had five or six projects, but the farthest one of them has gone is about ten pages. I can get down the logline and the eight plot points easily, but it's filling in the gaps that make 120 pages that's hard.

I also have a few self-identified problems in my writing: I cannot write women and every time I try they seem unnatural and forced, I have trouble with adding detail, I cannot develop characters well, and the only dialog I can seem to write is either banter or anime-level exposition.
>>
>>26422150
>By the time I graduated, my typical paper was a long string of quotes or paraphrases followed by endnotes.

That's not bad writing, that's efficient paper writing. Schoolwork shouldn't be fanciful or creative, but done as quickly and look clean and professional.
>>
I do. It makes me really happy.
>>
I used to try to write a bit fiction, mostly fantasy genre, but it was usually just about 3 pages for each before I gave the idea up.
Then a girl in my class wrote an entire book. It wasn't the best, bust still better than anything I ever wrote and that's when I stopped with the writing altogether.
Reminds me of the time when I used to draw... When I was in 11th grade I drew some manga and that's when I met that eight grader who won several contests and was seriously so much better than me, I didn't even...
>>
>>26420215
I do drafts of my suicide note
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.