[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you enjoy anime?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: dream.jpg (50KB, 760x1024px) Image search: [Google]
dream.jpg
50KB, 760x1024px
Am I the only robot who doesn't enjoy anime?
I've tried repeatedly to like it by watching some series(evangelion, gundam, one piece, watamote, steins gate and dragon ball specifically) yet I completely lose interest after the 3-4th episode.

I think the 3 main reasons I don't enjoy it is mainly because I can't relate to any of the the characters, the genres and stories don't interest me, and the universes and lore in them are too poorly defined and narrow...
>In literally every anime the characters are perfect talented people, and even if they aren't they always get ample support to become such, I can't relate with my loser self...
> All animes I've seen(with the exception of dragon ball) have drawn out tedious scenes, the dialogue is boring and the over the top emotions caused by trivial stuff are annoying(i've read the reason for this is to make it for autists to better understand emotions, yet I'm an aspie and I find it annoying)
>This is a personal issue but I'm neither a fan of harem, romcom, low fantasy, low sci fi, and since 80%+ animes fall into these genres, the pickings are small for me. I'm cursed with narrow taste of liking hard sci fi and high fantasy universes with deep lore, alternative history, and no anime has this.

It's a shame, because otherwise I really like the drawing technique.
What makes you guys enjoy it?
>>
>>26416169
>In literally every anime the characters are perfect talented people, and even if they aren't they always get ample support to become such, I can't relate with my loser self
Have you not watched this board's mascot anime, Watamote? Or do you have criticisms even of that character?
You other issues all seem personal, and sure I may feel differently but I can't give any objective counterpoints. I personally value a "perfect talented" character, perhaps it's something with an idealisation of perfection in myself. I prefer Superman, for instance, because he is nearly flawless as opposed to Spiderman -- whom I find difficult to believe is this big-deal hero who defeats some seriously global-level opponents because he's slightly stronger than your average man and can hear slightly better.

Outside Watamote, I can't think of any off the top of my head with main characters who aren't excessively gifted or talented in some way, but again perhaps that's because of my preferences towards unnaturally gifted protagonists.
>>
this board's mascot anime is clearly nhk ni youkoso
>>
Go watch Yahari. The main char is a r9k loser personified.
>>
>>26416169
Sounds like you are boring autist.
>>
File: 1354950816830.gif (1MB, 303x307px) Image search: [Google]
1354950816830.gif
1MB, 303x307px
>>26416169
>>In literally every anime the characters are perfect talented people, and even if they aren't they always get ample support to become such, I can't relate with my loser self...
are you sure you understood evangelion?
>>
>>26416169
Maybe the only 2 relevant animes are Watamote and Welcome 2 the NHK. Give those a lookie and see of they match your criteria
>>
>>26416169
I get what you're saying, I can't relate to anime characters either. But that's the entire thing, they're supposed to be forms of escapism. They do not reflect the lives of average japense students, obviously. I still avoid romance series though, can't enjoy those. I like cute girls shows and thrillers(eg mirai nikki).
>>
>>26416965
Evangelion is boring because it's just about biorobots beating up giant monsters. It's just too one dimensional for me.
>>
>>26416579
is it really worth watching ? are there any characters that an autismo loser like myself can somewhat relate to ?
>>
>>26417597

>inb4 hurgl deeper messages durr Shinjis coming of age
>>
I don't like anime. Honestly just can't get into the animation.

Plus everyone I know, both online and in real life, who likes anime is a fucking weirdo, and I don't want to take one more step into failuredom. That's also the reason I've avoided ever watching even a clip of My Little Pony. I'm afraid I'll like it and turn into a Brony.
>>
Welcome to the NHK, Tatami galaxy, Watamote are very relatable for robots
>>
>>26416169
i used to be able to watch 50 episodes in a single sitting when i was younger but nowadays i would kill myself if i tried, that's probably your problem. i cant even watch 3-4 episodes in one sitting unless i really really really really like the show (almost never happens) so i just watch one ep and then watch another one like 6+ hours later if i'm feeling like it.

watching it while eating food helps too, i pretty much cant watch anime unless i'm eating something now.

i don't think i'll ever give it up entirely, its not like i'm bored of anime or anything now i just get a strong urge to go browse the internet whenever i'm watching, so 20 minutes with a meal to distract me is the best i can do.
>>
>>26417597
that's completely wrong though.
>>
>>26417866
If you're here you're already a fucking weirdo.
>>
>>26417987
Yeah but there's no reason to make it worse.
>>
>>26417897
>>26416486
watamote is fucking bad
>>
>>26417866
That's retarded, you shouldn't avoid watching something for fear of liking it. Restricting yourself for the sake of not looking weird is such a trivial reason.
>>
>>26416169

Are there any live action shows that fall into "hard sci-fi" and "high fantasy"? I can't think of anything beyond certain literature.

>What makes you guys enjoy it?
I like a lot of aspects you dislike, the amplified violence, the ridiculous emotions, the imaginativeness, the different art styles, the soundtracks, the often very good voice acting. Dialogue can be boring in some cases, sure. Overall I think it's pretty decent though, purposeful in accordance to the story, there are shows with very little or no dialogue at all in too, like Angel's Egg.
Then again, I've never required relatable characters in the sense that they have to resemble myself in some way, actually I'm yet to see a character in any form of media that have resembled myself thus far. For me it's enough if I like a character or if that character has certain traits that I want to have myself or if they take certain actions.

But hey, it's not for everyone. If you couldn't get into any of the shows you've listed, and if you really couldn't bring yourself to see more than 3-4 eps of each, then it's probably not for you.
>>
I rarely watch anime, i just jerk off to 2D girls.
>>
>>26416169
>In literally every anime the characters are perfect talented people, and even if they aren't they always get ample support to become such, I can't relate with my loser self...
Every character in Evangelion is a shitty flawed person, it's like the whole crux of the show. Shinji is one of the more accurate depictions of a robot that I've seen. I'm surprised you don't like it.
>>
>>26416169
Same senpai, I never got the hype. Maybe because everything makes me feel sad about my life, but I dunno, everything in anime seems too... Idealistic, perfect girls, a perfect seneraio where the most unlikely guy gets the girl, everything is exaggerated. It does seem like a good way to escape from this world. I can kinda understand why weebs like it so much if that's the case, but I dunno, I might be all wrong with this
>>
File: 1454799229975.jpg (39KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1454799229975.jpg
39KB, 720x540px
>these butthurt weebs

anime is shit, get over yourself
>>
>>26416169
You gotta check out welcome to the NHK then... Do it. Trust me.
>>
>>26418224
>Are there any live action shows that fall into "hard sci-fi" and "high fantasy"? I can't think of anything beyond certain literature.
Not many I'm afraid. I have to make do with star trek, game of thrones, LOTR, and mass effect if it comes to vidya...
Luckily I've made up myself my own hard sci fi universe as well a dieselpunk alternative history one(I'm a huge fan of it but there are absolutely no books about it not t mention film)
>>
>>26416169
>In literally every anime the characters are perfect talented people
That's certainly not the case in Watamote, NGE and Steins;Gate.

>(i've read the reason for this is to make it for autists to better understand emotions, yet I'm an aspie and I find it annoying)
That's a meme and has no basis in reality.

>I'm cursed with narrow taste of liking hard sci fi and high fantasy universes with deep lore, alternative history, and no anime has this.
How do you know that no anime has those things if you've only partially watched a couple of shows? I will say though that hard scifi is not common, but then again it isn't common in live action cinema and television either.

>What makes you guys enjoy it?
Anime is kind of like an alternate reality (a better reality, depending on who you ask). Steins;Gate for example is set in contemporary Akihabara and is presented with a high degree of cinematic realism, but it's not just an animated version of live action. The characters are stylized in a way that sets them apart from real people, but since they aren't played by actors they feel, in a sense, more like real people than characters played by actors. Their personalities are very different from both real people and most characters in live action cinema and television (especially in the West). Things in anime follow their own logic different from real life and live action. Something that makes Western animation different from anime is that it lacks this sense of reality, and is instead cartoonish.

Anime, together with manga, light novels, games, audio dramas, music, figures and doujin works also constitute an expansive and interconnected ecosystem of media, culture and activities that can potentially replace everything else in your life.

When you put those two together it should be easy to see why many people get so deeply into anime.
>>
>>26417938
>mfw describing me to a T

You aren't alone, brobotonian.
>>
File: received_1729528067276361.gif (57KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
received_1729528067276361.gif
57KB, 220x220px
I feel you brother
>be me, the spiral of depresson is getting pretty unbearable
>discover r9k
>lot of people pist about anime, decide to check it out
>watched Death Note, loved it
>No Gama No Life, amazing
>Monogatati, I orgasned a few times
Then it became harder to watch, I had to force myslef to watch it, not more than 2 episodes in one sitting
>I reached the endgame of the spiral, plans of suicide
>decide to try moeshit, as the last straw
>watch Kiniro Mosaic
>I completely broke down after second episode, all the friends, healthy relationships and amazing childhood
Well, at least I realized that I'm actually too lazy to kill myself, just leaving the house is impossible.

I'd really like to get into it, get to know all the famous characters, but I can't. It's like a chore.
I still jack off to doujins tho
>>
>>26419647
>It's like a chore
This. I play osu! like 8 hours/day, I fap exclusively to 2D, I love all these little cute .gifs, all the pics of pure cuteness. But I just cannot bring myself to watch anime.

The worst part is that I feel incredebily guilty about it.
>>
>>26419808
>I play osu! like 8 hours/day
I do too. What's your ign?
>>
>>26419823
Murmally, but I fucking hate how bad I am even though I play so much
>>
>>26419928
My ign is oywxuoll, what's your pp at?
I've only been playing for 2 weeks but I can still only do AR8.5 at most, mouse ofc
>>
>>26419948
1950, AR 8.5 is pretty good. Turn off your mouse acceleration. It helps a fuckton.
>>
>>26419974
Jokes on you, it's been off since I've started playing the game. I play csgo as well, so I know to check for shit like raw input, and mouse accel
>>
>>26416169
If you like hard sci fi, you might like planetes. It doesn't really have the stuff you seem to hate though I can't vouch for you liking the dialogue.
>>
File: 1452917831761.gif (169KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1452917831761.gif
169KB, 267x199px
>>26416169
You should watch Berserk
>>
>>26420019

Maybe something like Legend of the Galactic Heroes could possibly pass, altho I suspect he needs something more expansive.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.