[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is everyone depressed? I don't mean just here. Everyone

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: carayzy.jpg (23KB, 305x336px) Image search: [Google]
carayzy.jpg
23KB, 305x336px
Is everyone depressed? I don't mean just here. Everyone must realize their struggle is worthless.
>>
>>26415871
>implying the normals have any awareness at all
>>
File: CaDq3XfVIAAsSMV.jpg (48KB, 432x600px) Image search: [Google]
CaDq3XfVIAAsSMV.jpg
48KB, 432x600px
>>26415871
I legitimately do not see how it could be any other way. I think most people just hide it really well.
>>
knowledge is the plague of life, and consciousness, an open wound in its heart

a lot of people simply just aren't aware that everything they do is meaningless in the face of the eternal abyss and live their lives in blissful ignorance, working some shit job, marrying some ugly wife and having some stupid children thinking they'll leave any impact on the world.

those who are aware either fill their time with working and trying to leave some temporal legacy, or they wallow in self-pity and use the "nothing I do has any ultimate signifance" line to justify their lack of effort and discipline.
>>
>>26416292
>trying to leave some temporal legacy
why?
>>
>>26415871
99.8% sure everybody looks at another person and thinks, man they have their life together unless they're a literal bum.
>>
>>26416459

it is the only other option, working to achieve something gives you a reason not to kill yourself immediately.
>>
>>26416516
there's also hedonism
>>
>>26416576

that is the wallowing part.
>>
File: tumblr_nbnmv9vdtv1s05xfso1_1280.jpg (241KB, 1024x1667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nbnmv9vdtv1s05xfso1_1280.jpg
241KB, 1024x1667px
>>26416897
it's wallowing in selfish pleasure, but before you said self-pity. not the same thing at all. i think it's quite possible to see everything as meaningless and just do whatever the fuck you find enjoyable until you die, without worrying about leaving a legacy.
>>
>>26416292
I believe otherwise. You look at music, film, tv, poetry, philosophy, history: all of it is about the struggle of meaninglessness and the face of death. Everyone is aware of it. Just not talked about in the open as much because it reminds us and is a bummer.
>>
>>26418175
>>26416516
>>26416008
>>26415871
Dopamine, oxytocin, seratonin keep people from dwelling on it or letting it get to them.

They're certainly aware of the fact, it just doesn't really matter due to these chemicals effects on the brain. No more, no less.
>>
>>26418175
It's only a bummer because of the christian values in western society. Many eastern philosophies look it at as a good thing
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.