[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /r9k/ feel about pro-wrestling?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: Pentagon.gif (1023KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Pentagon.gif
1023KB, 500x281px
How does /r9k/ feel about pro-wrestling?
>>
Fake and gay

Literally.
>>
Literally more homosexual and a lot less interesting than going to see theatre.
>>
i prefer anti-wrestling
>>
>>26410223
>fake
I don't think you know what that word means.
>>
>>26410223
You wouldn't last 5 seconds in the ring.
>>
>>26410247
>>26410257

They're actual, literal performers with costumes and backstories and everything.
>>
>>26410257
And "pro wrestlers" wouldn't last 5 seconds in an MMA or boxing fight
>>
>>26410284
Brock Lesner did alright (sort of)
Ken Shamrock did it the other way around (Moved to Wrestling After MMA)
CM Punk will be shit.

But yeah pretty much agree with you. Wrestling is the most manchild/redneck "sport"
>>
>>26410284
Are you stupid or trolling? Brock Lesnar was UFC heavyweight champion and Sakuraba is considered an mma legend and one of the greatest of all time.
>>
>>26410325
>>26410339
t b h, I shouldn't have said MMA because MMA is a joke

Here:
And "pro wrestlers" wouldn't last 5 seconds in a boxing fight
>>
>>26410277
They're actual athletes as well, and a lot of the shit they do in the ring is extremely dangerous and can easily lead to injuries. Everyone watching wrestling is aware of the fact that it is scripted and that the matches are all pre-determined, but to call it fake is damn insulting to the wrestlers, and understates the level of risk they endure on a regular basis
>>
>>26410197

Haven't watched LU yet, but I heard Pentagon Jr is based as fuck. Recommend me any matches?

>>26410284
>>26410353

You're not necessarily incorrect; there's some true beasts in pro wrestling (Lesnar, Suzuki, Sakuraba), but a lot of pro wrestlers probably wouldn't fare well against a pro fighter because pro wrestlers train to entertain pro fighters train to kick the shit out of people. That said, what they do still requires tons of athleticism and a very high pain tolerance. You probably couldn't do a German suplex or a 450 splash, and you probably wouldn't want to take these moves either.
>>
>>26410353
>And "pro wrestlers" wouldn't last 5 seconds in a boxing fight
>boxing
>where the top boxer in the world is a bitch running for 15 min

Nice sport you got there fuckboi
>>
It's vapid normalfag-tier entertainment that I can't bare watching. The only thing I like about it is the /sp/ gifs
>>
>>26410197
>pro-wrestling?
Stupidest shit I've ever seen. If you watch this as an adult I have nothing but disrespect for you.
>>
The dialogue is cringeworthy and it's LITERALLY a form of drama. All the fans I've met are tryhard faggots that ramble on about how it's apparently manlier and more dangerous than MMA or boxing. Pure American faggotry.
>>
>>26410806
Yeah, nah, your "pro wrestlers" (read: roided bodybuilder actors) wouldn't last a second, and that's the truth, manchild

And to the people who use the MUH ENTERTAINMENT excuse: go watch a play in your local theatre and grow up

I stopped watching WWE when I was 15 years old. Fucking manchildren.
>>
I used to go to indie shows. Had a great time watching.

Pro-wrestling is really weird, though. I take it as a big joke, and I love it for that reason. It's completely over the top. But the weird thing is when I went to the bars with the wrestlers and got to know them they took it all very seriously. To the point where I didn't know if they were fucking with me or not.
>>
always liked it idgaf

haven't really watched anything in a while though
>>
the line ups and stables they have in Wrestling are so laughably bad now.
where are the Undertakers and Owen Harts and Golddusts and Mankinds and La Parkas and D-Generation-X and where are the Wolf Packs.
the Wolf Pack had like every wrestler you ever cared about in WCW.
The Union, Ministry, Nation of Domination, Corporate Ministry, Los Guerreros, etc.
shit is just laughable now.
>>
>>26410339

How the fuck does another person on /r9k/ know who Sakuraba is?
>>
Mainstream pro-wrestling is 99% terrible, but if you take a look at smaller organisations and especially ones outside of the US you can find some great stuff.
>>
>>26411787
Goldust is still there m8
>>
>>26410197
Watched it from 1997-2010. It was bretty gud for the first 4 years or so, then throughout the noughties I just spent wishing it was as good as it was before. Except for a few awesome moments of course.

Now I just watch the Royal Rumble every year, because that's still exciting as fuck, even though I know increasingly fewer of the guys who are in it. I probably read about WrestleMania when it happens too, because it's everywhere now.

Anyone similar here?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptaNak1B3_Q
why not do/watch actual, real wrestling instead of your fake shit made for weird homoeretic prepubescent kids?
>>
>>26412049
that's besides the point but i'm sure you knew that, obnoxious Irishfag.
>>
>>26412107
You should have done the full and proper research before submitting an anonymous posts to a subsection of an internet message board dedicated to Chinese doodles.
>>
>>26410403
kill yourself

Sincerely /asp/
>>
I'm not homosexual enough to watch two dudes in tights grappling each other
also just not into sports in general
>>
>tfw i watched mankind get thrown off the hell in the cell live

i feel special
>>
There are actually a few Pro Wrestlers that have roots in mma, or vice versa.

They go hand in hand, an interest in fighting and well toned bodies.
>>
>>26410701
>Haven't watched LU yet, but I heard Pentagon Jr is based as fuck. Recommend me any matches?

His matches are alright. It's his antics that make him based.

>trying to break the ring announcer's arm
>putting vampiro through flaming tables
>being a deranged son of a bitch
>having cero miedo

Best character in LU.
>>
You 15 year old shitposting faggots ruined /asp/
>>
>>26410197
Watch it all the time. I know it's fake, but it's like watching a live performance of power rangers.
>>
File: mankind.jpg (156KB, 818x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mankind.jpg
156KB, 818x1024px
>>26412971
>>26411787
>mankind
All-time favourite hands down. What a performer.
>>
File: la parka.gif (973KB, 190x143px) Image search: [Google]
la parka.gif
973KB, 190x143px
>>26410197

Grew up watching live Mexican wrestling, never got into wwe and the like.

much prefer mma, boxing and kickboxing
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.