[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IRL, the Game

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: 1440430824931.png (187KB, 560x316px) Image search: [Google]
1440430824931.png
187KB, 560x316px
Does anyone else just find it hard or weird being a real person and existing in real life? I have a pretty good life objectively and I like parts of it, but even with "fun" and good stuff...I just find it hard to exist, at least harder than reading or going online or something. How do you get better at existing?
>>
You don't really need to go down this road
Just have fun and enjoy the time you have
Yeah a lot stuff sucks right now but we're always a prototype for the future, focus on the good shit

If it is a game, do you want to actively participate in making your playthrough even more shitty? I dunno

I used to think there was something "fishy" going on, but now I'm not sure
>>
>>26410286

That's not it though, I'm good at Life and lots of stuff is good, I just find myself not being able to enjoy it? I feel weird saying it but I have a great life, but it doesn't feel like anything, I just don't "get" it. I'm not extremely sad or anything, but everyone around me seems to actually feel happiness at things it's "normal" to, and I get nothing.

I do like a lot of things but they tend to be much simpler (some nice music, comfortable bed, the internet), and when I do amazing things like travel or make new friends it just doesn't excite me. FFeels like I'm broken or something?
>>
I wonder if this is actually depression
>>
File: 1442420735748.jpg (9KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
1442420735748.jpg
9KB, 500x369px
>>26410173
You don't.

So imagine if one day all of the best escapism mediums just disappeared. No more anime, movies, TV, books, manga, games, internet, etc. Nothing.

What.. am I supposed to do? What are people supposed to do? Do I just sit alone and drive myself into a hole with my own thoughts? I just don't get it.
>>
File: 1453899904186.jpg (149KB, 2048x1668px) Image search: [Google]
1453899904186.jpg
149KB, 2048x1668px
>>26410173
Yes, it's fully plausible that this reality we're all experiencing is some sort of simulation.

I think this lecture accurately describes what you're experiencing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eH9H7f97AfI
>>
File: letu.png (658KB, 741x425px) Image search: [Google]
letu.png
658KB, 741x425px
>>26410815
mmmm that's a really interesting question

do you think that the problem is

A) there have always been people that want escapism, and the tools for it now are just very advanced

B) these tools are unique and represent a new way to exist/socialize/etc. that "virtual" and "offline" are now equally "real" lifestyles;;; we just prefer the former and have awkwardness with the latter, like old people using computers

or C) something else?

Submit your answers and thoughts!!!!!!!
>>
>>26410755
This is depression. Depression isn't sadness.
>>
File: eat-pray-love-movie1.jpg (120KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
eat-pray-love-movie1.jpg
120KB, 500x333px
>>26410882

ahh that is similar but not it but thank you for sharing the link :)

I think it's that I know what I like but there is such overwhelming pressure to like "normal" things that it is difficult sometimes yes?

for example I have started trying traveling with my friends, and I just don't like it at all but I feel obligated to keep trying since it is a thing you are supposed to like and an "experience" so it is odd

MAYBE a better question is: how do you resist the pressure to like normal things? but without being an asshole
>>
>>26410945
Oh, I assumed that you had actually done some critical thinking. You're more simple than I thought.
>>
>>26411184
>

wow you seem really smart!!!! I hope you tell all your friends how smart you are :)
>>
I had to grind out points in [Craft: Speech] and [Style: Fashion] before it felt like real life was real, but even then I know deep down it's not.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.