[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw the mafia kept the streets of inner cities safer than

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

>tfw the mafia kept the streets of inner cities safer than contemporary police forces can

How is this possible?
>>
Not having to follow the rules and be accountable to the masses helps
>>
>>26409090
Most men fear death more than doing time, you won't fuck around if you know it'll earn you a bullet to the brain instead of some time in chains
>>
police don't exist to keep people safe or to prevent crime, in fact they exist to protect private property and since private property causes the majority of crime they have to try to control this side effect
>>
>>26409107
>the rules

The rules in my country make it more or less impossible to deport people.

There has to come a time when you realize following the rules is following your own destruction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKAQX74yRyc
>>
>>26409090
They weren't actually safer, technically there was more crime going on, but it just wasn't as violent (in terms of occurrence, not actual casualty rates)
The only reason the police aren't more effective is because they can't break down your door and make you do things the way they want you to do them
>>
>>26409131
That's nice and all, but fuck off back to /pol/
>>
>>26409139
>technically there was more crime going on

More rackateering and gambling maybe. I'd take the rackateering and gambling above shitskins randomly murdering and raping people any day of the week m8.
>>
>>26409156
Hide the thread if you don't like being confronted with the reality of the same policies you support. /r9k/ is a GENERAL DISCUSSION board.
>>
>>26409174
Your post is likely to derail the subject of the thread. OP posed an interesting question that should be able to be discussed without 1000 posts copied straight from /pol/.

So go GENERALLY DISCUSS it somewhere else
>>
Mafia isn't what you see in the movies anon. A group of drunken mobsters could beat you up for fun just as likely as a group of shitskins.
Mob takes protection money by force and shitskins rob your store.
They're all equally shitty people.
>>
>>26409190
Fuck off liberal. This isn't your safe space. What's happening at Calais and in Europe at large is illustrative of the same impotence of western criminal justice and law enforcement systems that OP is referring to.

>>26409215
>Mob takes protection money and beats you up if you don't pay. Also beats up shitskins if they steal from you in return.
>Government takes protection money and puts you in jail if you don't pay. Gives as many shitskins citizenship as humanly possible.
>>
well its like an email.
Its traced and the hierarchy knows who was told by who at what point. Get cleaned off the street mighty quick with a loud mouth. When you fuck with people's money, is when you find yourself dead with the Mafia.
>>
The police are literally a gang. In fact they're the baddest most nigger killing gun toting highway robbing mother fuckers that's why they run shit, and if you don't like it they'll throw gangbangers at you until you fucking die or let them lock you in a cage forever (or just until they get bored).

Anyway it's obviously not their job to keep shit safe, they're fucking gangsters, their job is to make money and keep their own on top.
>>
>>26409272
True, but don't forget the "human rights" industry. They're a gang too. The judiciary are even worse.
>>
>>26409238
I can see how furious you are just by the way you type. Don't pop a vessel m8.
All I'm saying is that mobsters aren't the good guys either.
>>
File: 1377686549545.gif (2MB, 412x229px) Image search: [Google]
1377686549545.gif
2MB, 412x229px
>it's a cops are the bad guys thread
Ayyy fight da powah! Fuck the system!
Am I right?
>>
>>26409413
>2016
>being a copcuck
read more anon
>>
>>26409090
Because they had honor.
>>
>>26409413
Reminder that the cops have NEVER ever helped ANYONE.

>oh but one time a cop could have fucked my shit up senpai but he didn't

Not the same thing as helping.
>>
>>26409430
I'd rather hang out with cops than with tinfoils who force cuck to every conversation.
>>26409478
They found my stolen bike though, that helped me a lot. Their presence alone keeps the monkeys in check.
>>
>>26409528
how does interpreting real events and social structures make you a tinfoil? read anarchist books anon
>>
File: 1448654367368.jpg (24KB, 314x792px) Image search: [Google]
1448654367368.jpg
24KB, 314x792px
>>26409478
holy shit senpai

youre such a fucking faggot kill yourself
>>
The mafia isn't as nice as the police.

>>26409117
The police exists to force people to follow the law.
>>
File: 1042042123.jpg (565KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1042042123.jpg
565KB, 1536x2048px
>tfw when women rule a country it's always objectively better and more successful for all citizens

How is this possible?
>>
>>26409548
Top kek. You're either a teenager or a junkie. Hopefully a teenager so you might grow out of your edgy phase.
>>
>>26409604
you only think that because you haven't read anarchist books
http://dwardmac.pitzer.edu/anarchist_archives/malatesta/anarchy.html
>>
Private sector os inherently more efficient than government
>>
>>26409626
the private sector is just another form of government
>>
>>26409090
Well, as already mentioned ITT, not having to abide to any moral code at all makes you intimidating from the get-go.

That being said, they only kept their own safe. And being one of their own usually came at a price. Either you were participating in crimes regularily (but let's face it, alcohol smuggling is petty crimes by today's standards) or paying hefty protection money.
>>
>>26409691
>That being said, they only kept their own safe.

No they didn't, read Murder Inc. protection money really did entail protection. If someone robbed from you, the mob would hunt them down and beat the shit out of them.
>>
>>26409691
>protection money
Protection money is called that because they protect you for money.
>>
>>26409090
They organized crime.
>>
>>26409161
>randomly murdering and raping people
like there's some sort of lottery, like a big hat and they draw names out of it?
>>
>>26409771
You shouldnt have to pay a hefty sum every month to not get looted by these faggots.
>>
>>26409752
You read the whole post.
>pay hefty protection money
They don't hunt down niggers for justice, they hunt them because you paid for them. Possibly you were forced to pay for them too.
>>
>>26409090
>the mafia kept the streets of inner cities safer than contemporary police forces can

the mafia were the ones committing the crimes, you dink
>>
>>26409752
>No they didn't, read Murder Inc. protection money really did entail protection. If someone robbed from you, the mob would hunt them down and beat the shit out of them.
Read the sentence after the one you quoted. Paying them madxe you one of their own (for all matters of protection).

>>26409771
>Protection money is called that because they protect you for money.
No shit sherlock. These fines usually were high enough to constanly keep you on the edge of bancrupcy. And if you couldn't pay up you either were disposed of by the mob or forced to participate in their crimes.
>>
>>26409752
That's fucked up though. How do you know those people weren't stealing because they needed to steal, i.e. were starving or whatever?

It's the same shit as the refugee crisis. Bigots are criticizing them, but they don't understand these are people fleeing a warzone in fear of their lives. If you were in their place would you like racists to turn you away just because of the color of your skin? Try to put yourself in someone else's shoes. Just because someone steals doesn't make him a bad person, it's precisely because of that that we have the problems in the inner city today. Instead of helping the youth, we jail them!

Power to the people!
>>
>>26409808
The government force you to pay them for protection too.

The difference is the mafia actually do a good job of it.

>>26409810
See above.
>>
>>26409809
They weren't committing petty crimes because they didn't have to. Petty criminals hurt their business, so they killed them.
>>
File: image_0.jpg (150KB, 776x518px) Image search: [Google]
image_0.jpg
150KB, 776x518px
>>26409771
>hey pablo, gib protection money
>no
>then we beat you and trash this place
>ok, here's your money
>>
>>26409090

Violence and extortion, mainly. Some poor people love gangsters because they will sometimes institute a form of law and order in the absence of police, but don't kid yourself about who they are and what they do.
>>
>>26409833
The worst that could happen if you don't pay your taxes is being fined or having to serve community service/time (depending on scale), at least where I live.

Worst thing tht could happen if you don't pay the mob is - well, you die.

I'm taking the government everyday.
>>
>>26409156
Can't wait till mohammad raids your basement and hangs you right?
>>
>>26409837
>so they killed them.

is that not considered criminal activity anymore?

>under NYPD you get mugged
>under mafia, your entire family gets killed and you get thrown in a river for not paying a denbt

sounds like it's safer under police control to me
>>
>>26409833
Where do you live and what proof do you have for such a claim?
>>
>>26409870
Killing criminals is better than putting them in jail.

>>26409870
>>under mafia, your entire family gets killed and you get thrown in a river for not paying a denbt
Shouldn't have taken a loan from the mafia.
>>
File: girls-mormon-missionaries.jpg (131KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
girls-mormon-missionaries.jpg
131KB, 720x576px
>>26409895
well now it's like you're forfeiting the idea that it's safer and just saying you would rather live under that kind of thing
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.