[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>re-reading The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck >finish

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

>re-reading The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck
>finish it
>die of feels

Why couldn't I have been born 100 years earlier? Setting out as a young man and make it or break it, but most of all have a great adventure.

When I was born, the world was explored. I can get anywhere for a few hundred bucks and some hours on an airplane. The only frontier to get in to right now is technology, and you need the wealth of a small nation to start something up. There's nothing to strive for, nothing to discover, no sharpies to out-sharp.

I need an adventure, and I don't know where to find it.
>>
If you were born 100 years earlier you'd likely be dying in WW1 around now
>>
>>26409008
>I can get anywhere for a few hundred bucks and some hours on an airplane

This is somehow a bad thing? Also the next frontier is virtual reality and robotics, get on it.
>>
>>26409008
World of Warcraft

original comment 034934983274

Also 100 years earlier beta cucks like OP would be send of to die as a cannot fodder or something, you will not live long.
>>
>>26409027
I was born in 1993.

>>26409038
>>26409049
It's not the same. Not at all. How does fiddling with electronics compare to the feeling of discovering unspoiled nature, of digging through the earth to find its treasures, of searching through the ruins of a lost civilization?
>>
OP, you vastly underestimate how much there still is to discover in the world. And besides, if you go see something that's been discovered already, it's still the first time you'll see it.
>>
>>26409071
To be honest the only way to really explore something nobody knows anything about is to go underwater, and there are way too many spooky animals there
>>
>>26409070
>How does fiddling with electronics compare to the feeling of discovering unspoiled nature, of digging through the earth to find its treasures, of searching through the ruins of a lost civilization?

You can still do all of that stuff moron, you just have the privilege of doing it with the aide of modern technology and society.
>>
You needed the wealth of a small nation to do all that exploring 100 years ago

Life isn't as easy as a cartoon about a duck depicts
>>
>>26409070
>How does fiddling with electronics compare to the feeling of discovering unspoiled nature, of digging through the earth to find its treasures, of searching through the ruins of a lost civilization
Not only doing all of those things virtually, but creating immense expanses of worlds just like that
There's virtually no difference between traveling the world and getting rich from treasure (which people rarely did, for the most part, all the wealth went to people rich/smart enough to hire people to mine things for them) and making money off of creating virtual worlds and traveling the actual world using money made from selling stories, concepts, and ideas
>>
>>26409070
Just be happy that you live in those times right now.

Never in the past would people like us be allowed to live such comfy life as we live now.
>>
>>26409091
>what is the Amazon rainforest

There are also many treasures out there waiting to be discovered in remote places:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-o9ZTre_5Y

Ignore the annoying youtuber.
>>
>>26409119
This. Scrooge was rich as fuck, what's nice about today is that you can do what he did but on a regular budget.
>>
Go build a submarine and explore the damn ocean then. That's a massive unexplored land.
>>
>>26409008

The fact is life has always been shit for every one.

That's the point of life. It's meant to be shit.
>>
>>26409166
Chad's life isn't shit.
>>
>>26409163
who cares about the ocean it all looks the same
>>
Fuck man, how many of these born-too-late threads I gotta see?
Look, I know there are NEETs out there with mental issues limiting them but c'mon man - you can absolutely "set out as a young man and make it or break it, but most of all have a great adventure"

It's called landing in a strange country with no cash in your pocket, no friends to crash with, and just having to wing it. Find your own way to an amazing landscape, hitchhike with people who could be serial killers but end up being dudes who are on the same quest as you. Fuck a chick based on the fact your accent is sexy. Hell, pay a local whore to fuck you if that's what you're into. Try local drugs. Visit historical sites that inspire you. Hell, move to Si Chuan and work off the land.
I'm drunk rambling, but you get the idea.

Sure, some dude somewhere sometime in history discovered that country/city/town/street before you did, but christ, does that really matter?

People who think the only thing that matters is having their name attached to a 'discovery' need to get their fuckin head checked.
>>
>>26409458
All of this desu
OP, you're exactly the type of person who can't enjoy anything if he doesn't approve of the fanbase.
>>
>>26409008
Science yo
I study medicine, doing research on proton therapy for treating cancer. No doubt during my career I'll witness and contribute to many advances in medical science, shaping the face of modern medicine.
You weren't 'born too early to explore the world', you're just not passionate about something.
>>
>>26409225
Chad's life is shit for entirely different reasons.

Even they off themselves every so often.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.