[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any musicians here? Im recovering from some massive heartache

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

any musicians here? Im recovering from some massive heartache and Id really like to spend my free time being productive and learning new things. Tomorrow Im gonna go pick up a guitar tomorrow. Can any experienced guitarists give me tips? Also what kind of guitar should I get? Im 22, its not too late for me to learn is it?
>>
>>26402732
>recovering from heartache
Just let go anon
>>
>>26402759
thats kind of the point dude
>>
>>26402732
guitarist are hardly musicianss.

only the top 5% of you qualify. for reference, 40% of violinists are musicians
>>
>>26402732
https://slickdeals.net/f/8434119-yamaha-fgx700sc-6-string-solid-top-cutaway-acoustic-electric-guitar-215-free-shipping
>>
>>26402732
>tfw tonedeaf
>>
>>26402794
i dont understand your post
people who play music arent musicians?
>>
>>26402815
simply put, no
>>
>>26402815
No, they're performers. As much a tool as the instrument itself.
>>
>>26402732
i started playing guitar when i was 23, i have about 3k worth of equipment.

i took lessons for a few months after i had been playing by myself for a year, it was okay but i didnt get too much out of them, so i stopped going when i moved.

decent hobby, i play a bit every day.
>>
>>26402865
>>26402868
thank you for the defining the difference
so what kind of guitar should i get
>>
>>26402888
lez baul

gib guitar pls
>>
I've played for about 20 years.

go on /mu/ and ask in the /gg/ thread, they're good at recommending beginner gear. I'd say get an inexpensive squier telecaster, you can find some for like $150. teles are very simple guitars to manufacture so they're fairly consistent even down to the cheapest versions. don't get a guitar with a tremolo (whammy bar thing) like on a stratocaster , learn on a hard tail first and graduate to a tremolo if you wish to. if you want to get an acoustic as your first I don't know what to recommend because I have no idea what's decent for beginners. just ask on gg

after that google justinguitar and watch his videos and read his lessons, he covers pretty much everything for beginners up to low level intermediate level stuff.
>>
acoustic if you want to do reggae or country or shit like that, electric if you want to play rock songs. as for manufacturers, dean makes kickass electrics, I don't play acoustic so I can't help you with that.
>>
I got a decent classical guitar for $50 an unclaimed freight place. It is my favorite one. I would just get a not shit classical or acoustic guitar. I have a Yamaha c40. I say this because it is less money than electric and you don't have to fuck around with electronics and it is less of a meme. Learn theory and learn to read sheet music. Learn about chords and their functions. Treat it like you would learning piano. I really, really love playing classical pieces. Especially baroque. Learn online a bit and maybe get some lessons after a year to clean things up. Keep trying new things and keep a few pieces up from memory.
>>
musician here. i hate other musicians, and i just like to post in these to remind you all that you're the most unbearable special snowflake cunts ever. no i don't want to hear your shitty bleep bloops or garageband productions.

PS Kill yourself like that nickleback faggot did
>>
File: image.jpg (159KB, 1859x591px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
159KB, 1859x591px
>>26403014
This is a dean.
>>
>>26402732
Personal suggestion get an epiphone les paul, which is a great starter guitar, and pick up Rocksmith 2014.

I've been playing 10 years and find Rocksmith the most useful way to learn/practice/jam.
>>
>>26402868
>>26402865
How does it feel to be proven wrong by literally any dictionary?
>>
File: Terapin Pepe.jpg (7KB, 193x249px) Image search: [Google]
Terapin Pepe.jpg
7KB, 193x249px
>>26402732
Guitars kinda depend on your budget. I like Washburn a lot. They're pretty middle of the road price wise but still high quality. Big thing is to make sure that the neck is straight and that there are no dead frets. If you're going to get a guitar from a pawn shop or a big chain music shop(guitar center) test every little thing on it. Local music shops usually have an in house repair guy to set up the neck and action pretty well for you. Even cheap squire strats can be pretty good provided they get set up properly. Amplifiers don't have as many things to look out for as guitars, just make sure all the channels and jacks work. Hope this helps.
>>
>>26403368
This nigger knows what's up. My first guitar was a Washburn, and still one of my favorites to play.

>>26402732

I'll be frank, you're probably gonna get really stoked about playing and get tired real quick, because it takes some time to get to a point where you can play confidently and consistently. I'd say look up the open chords, like C major, A minor, D major, G major, etc. and practice those first. Most songs are made using those chords, and if you buy a Capo you can play in different keys without having to learn bar chords right off the bat. Stay strong anon, learning guitar is a great investment.
>>
>its not too late for me to learn is it?

do you think 22 or 30 or any age where you're not limited by health problems is too late to learn something like how to cook or learn how to draw dank memes?

>>26403083
ok m8 fairgo. just check out my soundcloud if you've got a sec aye?

just get a squier strat OP. it's everyones first guitar. shitty but it's cheap to buy used and is basic shape with alright neck width, and easy to re-string.
>>
Dont listen to the guitar haters, you can learn that music stuff when the time comes. I'd say pick up an acoustic, as it'll help you the most in the long run, but if you're into music that needs an electric than get one of those. If you want an acoustic I'd recommend a rogue ra 090 dreadnaught, but I have no idea about electrics. To start just pick a song you love and look it up on youtube. It's that simple, and instantly makes the guitar fun. The first song I learned was blackbird, not exactly a beginners song but it goes to show that if you want to learn it then you can even if you have no experience.

And no, 22 is definitely not too late.
>>
bass>guitars
>>
>>26402732
It's never too late to learn but that depends how much you want to learn

Learning guitar is easy, all you need to learn is chords, notes, tabs and scales
Then it's practice and learning plenty of songs. Just get Rocksmith and that's it although I recommend you call someone to teach you the basics

But if you want to learn guitar to the max then I suggest you go to a good music school to learn how to read music, techniques, etc
>>
File: pickem.png (127KB, 414x449px) Image search: [Google]
pickem.png
127KB, 414x449px
>>26402732
What kind of music do you want to play?
>>
>>26402732
Take your time selecting a guitar, and pick you that makes you want to play. You're not really gonna be able to do shit for the first week or 2, just stick with practicing open chords, G, C, Em, A, D etc. Once you have those down you can play a bunch of songs.
>>
I'd suggest starting on a steel string acoustic. Its harder to play because you have to press down harder, but once you've got it down pat every other guitar (e.g electric) will seem easier to play. Find a decent guitar with a nice sound but don't break the bank on your first purchase.

Start out practicing beginner exercises and then learn the basic major chords. Once you get the 'feel' of a guitar (knowing how much pressure to apply to a fret etc) then I'd suggest attempting to learn a song you feel is within your ability to learn. Good beginner songs to learn are satisfaction by the stones and smoke on the water.
>>
>>26404904
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKFceNZ0uzQ
>>
>>26402868
>>26402865
Are you two retarded? "Yeah, they play an instrument and may even write their own music, but they aren't musicians because their instrument is popular".
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.