[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
What is the REAL reason women wear make-up?
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /r9k/ - ROBOT9001

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16
What is the REAL reason women wear make-up?

Is it so other people think they look pretty?

I just can't understand that sort of thought process. Women must be so conscious of their face and how it appears to other people. They must be hyper-aware of the image they are creating in other people's vision, and they are consciously manipulating that image.

Why do they do this? What do they want out of it?

Do they do it for 'themselves'? A girl said that but it makes no sense because you can't see your own face. I read perhaps they do it to 'compete' with other women? Can somebody explain what that means?

And of course a lot of guys say that they do it to attract men. But women disagree and say they aren't thinking about men when they wear make-up they don't care what men think. A lot of guys are skeptical of this.

So, what do you think? What's the REAL reason women, almost universally, wear make-up.

Why are women so obsessed with the image the are portraying to other people? It strikes me as narcissism, to be frank.

I mean the whole practices is just so odd. Smearing and powdering shit on your face, plucking your eyebrows glueing shit on your eyelashes, staring at a mirror for fucking 30 minutes, spending obscene amounts of money on the shit, FOR WHAT PURPOSE??!

Fembots please tell me why you wear makeup, and why you think other women do it as well. I'd be really interested in hearing what you have to say!
>>
they do it for atttention
>>
People treat me better if I'm wearing make up. A women's status depends on her appearance. Prettier women get better opportunities in every facet of life. Even recruiters will hire prettier women or give them more leeway due to the halo effect.

It's cool that guys think I'm prettier too. Of course that's a benefit. And it only takes $80 every 4 months and 10 mins in the morning. Not a big struggle to get better social status.
>>
>>26401328
fake piece of shit. This is why women have it way easier. They can just slap some bullshit powder on their face and jump from a 4 to a 8. Men can't do shit
>>
>>26401411
At least other men aren't cheating.

Wearing makeup is the only way to equalize the playing field. I'd prefer if no one wore makeup but that isn't the case.
>>
>>26401411
As if you wouldnt do it if was socially acceptable for a man to wear make up.
>>
If they stopped selling make up hypergamy would end
>>
>>26401236
I had an ex who explained in a very convoluted way that it's a mask and she is terrified of being unattractive. Which is understandable, as it basically boils down to attention-whoring.
>>
>>26401236
I fucking cringe everytime I see these kinds of threads. Not because I like it when women wear make up, but because if you can't tell when a woman will look significantly worse without her make up you are retarded and very much deserve the unpleasant surprise.
>>
>>26401474
Guy here. If makeup was socially acceptable for men I would use it. No doubt.
>>
File: makeup (1).jpg (41 KB, 600x600) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
makeup (1).jpg
41 KB, 600x600
>>26401411
Women's value resides in their looks, almost solely. For them to utilize makeup is rather the smart thing to do, dishonest as it may be. It's like cheating on a test.
>>
>What is the REAL reason women wear make-up?

To level the playing field / get an advantage over your peers
If you don't wear make up you don't look as good compared to the girls that do
hence everyone wears make up like its a zero-sum game.
I often here
>I don't have my make up on, I don't look pretty
So I guess there is also some conditioning on womens part for this to happen

>staring at a mirror for fucking 30 minutes,
Not every girl takes this long it all depends on their routine, my current gf only needs a few minutes.

inb4 some retarded rant about girls that don't wear make up, you are just too stupid to realize that is well done make up made to look natural.
>>
>>26401328
so would you say women wear make-up as a kind of way to improve or maintain their social status?

are you saying the hottest girls have the highest social status, and it's kind of like a pecking order from most to least attractive?

this doesn't sound implausible. I have often observed how competitive women are with eachother, and honestly a lot of times it borders on ruthlessness. Spreading rumours (maliciously, lying), backstabbing their 'friends', gossiping.. etc

Do the fembots here notice this? Why are women so mean to eachother?

or am I simply mistaken and am getting the wrong idea?
>>
Well I'm ugly and don't want to force people to stare at my acne so I almost always wear it when I leave the house unless I'm running. Still not pretty just not offensive
>>
>>26401573
This girl is a qt without make-up. Just need a bit of acne medication and she's fine.
>>
>>26401236
>Do they do it for 'themselves'? A girl said that but it makes no sense because you can't see your own face. I read perhaps they do it to 'compete' with other women? Can somebody explain what that means?

It's the same as men wearing beards or people getting tattoos. It's hard for an autist o understand but normies enjoy decorating themselves as all humans have since time immemorial. Some girls just have fun with elaborate makeup at home, with no one to see them.
>>
>>26401236
Jesus Christ

Women are actually much uglier than men.
Now I see why a lot of guys on 4chan are into those femboys and traps
>>
I wear makeup to even out my skintone cuz my skin is blotchy af.

Maybe guys should start wearing makeup too.
>>
>>26404700
But most women don't do it for fun within the privacy of their own home. Most women do this to compete with other women, boost their self confidence and receive better treatment. Idk, its just a shame.
The real problem I have is the delusion it creates. Women base their self value off of their falsified beauty and treat 4/10's like shit when they are 4/10's themselves. Their are women with perfect or near perfect aesthetic genetics. The rest of these women just fake it to make it. But in the game of genetics, if you don't have it you're never gonna get it.
>>
>>26404839
Just accept what you have, unless you're 1/10-3/10 your confidence without makeup will make up for "blotchy skin". Nothing else is more annoying to a man than how self-conscious a woman can be without her make-up.
I bet you're pretty without it.
>>
it's not some huge immoral conspiracy

most women wear make-up, so there's a social aspect to it
and if you could look instantly better, why wouldn't you? I mean, if you had the chance to go from a 3/10 to a 6/10 in 10 minutes per day, why not?
>>
>>26404992
most days I do just accept it
there is only so much the makeup can do
>>
>>26402900
> Do the fembots here notice this? Why are women so mean to eachother?

Not talking about that. Talking about going into a job interview and being turned down because a woman refusing to smear $100 worth of shit on her face is akin to a man wearing autism shoes in the workplace.
>>
>>26404000
ok but why do you care about your appearance so much?

as in, I've noticed for a lot of women there is this very strong drive or urge to be seen as attractive

for males, myself at least, I just don't really care or think about it.

so why aren't women like that? as in why do women constantly care about their appearance?
>>
>>26404816
dude look through google images the majority of women without make-up look like shit

as in, they look positvely bad, rather than just how most guys look which is normal - they arne't pretty but they don't look ugly or anything

it's like for females it's either ugly or pretty. but for males they just look normal mostly, some more good looking, and a few ugly ones

where are the normal looking females?
>>
>>26405058
>and if you could look instantly better, why wouldn't you?

because I just don't really care, I don't even think about how I look because I'm not self-conscious like that. 'the way I appear to others' really doesn't cross my mind
>>
>>26405541
I'm a male and I care about my appearance. Girls care more than most men but still, it's not a genre-defining thing.
And really, appearance *is* an important thing. I don't know you, but I bet you'd be better off caring a bit more about it, just long enough to learn how to look better.
>>
File: hhh.png (19 KB, 504x564) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hhh.png
19 KB, 504x564
I asked a real live girl one time and she said she liked it because it was pretty.
Pic related for reference
>>
>>26401573
nasty in both panels
>>
>>26401236
The idea that women have to be either wearing makeup for themselves or for men is a false dichotomy. Sure, women may like the artistic aspects of makeup, but they also want men (unless they're lesbians) to find them attractive.
>>
>>26405599
that's only because acceptability of makeup has skewed your views about how women should look. you think all women without makeup look ugly because you're holding them to a higher standard since than men since you're used to seeing them with makeup
>>
>>26401236
because a lot of them are fuck ugly theres a reason you see more ugly guys than ugly women
theres also the fact that women are very easily influenced and manipulated
>>
>>26401236
same reason that guys work out and take steroids/supplements or have some insane diet, or blow their money on clothes/accessories. when you don't have much going for you at least you can change your appearance. that control over how you look gives a lot of people confidence and a better life.

if you think makeup actually does much on its own you have never been near a woman. the difference is about as meaningful as whether or not you clean shave or have stubble. one might be nicer but it doesn't do anything for the structure of your face. a greasy as fuck girl trying to hide it with makeup just looks like a clown up close. normal makeup on normal girls is just something nice. getting mad about it is like throwing a fit that you have to use a toilet instead of shitting everywhere.
>>
its because they are ugly inside and out, so they eleviate the ugliness on the outside with makeup so people dont drop the vapid cunts like a rock
>>
File: smug.jpg (44 KB, 344x477) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smug.jpg
44 KB, 344x477
>tfw women HAVE to wear makeup in order to be on the now average level
That's what you get for being insecure and deceitful.
>>
I just wear it for me desu senpai

I like to look good when i look in the mirror
>>
File: 1441896092444.jpg (6 KB, 247x250) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1441896092444.jpg
6 KB, 247x250
>>26408437
>This is what women actually claim
Literally no man is falling for that shit, why do they keep insisting on it?
>>
>>26401236

It's easy.
If you feel that other perceive you as good looking, you will feel more comfortable and confident.

It also makes it easier to take advantage of people
>>
>>26408437
No, you're wearing it "for yourself" because you as you said look good, which makes you feel good because men will find you attractive.
Then you'll say
"No it's so other women think I look good/compliment me/are jealous of me"
Okay so you want other women to validate that you look good to men or be jealous of the fact you're considered more desirable by men. Still not for you, still about men
>>
>>26401411
And your not even exaggerating from OP's pic.
>>
>>26401236
>What is the REAL reason women wear make-up?
Because it's made for them
if people made makeup that worked better for faces that were constantly sprouting facial hair, then more dudes would wear make up
>>
>>26401573
wow, girl in pic went from qt gf material to a real partyslut.
>>
>>26404620
You are gross, she is gross.
>>
I think it's a mix of things and depends from person to person, but it's mostly that it's expected for women to wear it and look perfect. My mother won't even leave me alone and keeps telling me I should use it even going as far as to say she'll put it on for me.
I have screwed up skin and should probably be one that cakes it on, but I've only tried wearing makeup about five times in my life because it feels like crap on your face and it smelled funny to me. I really have no idea how women can want to cover their face in layer upon layer of junk and spend so much time and money. Have you seen the prices of higher quality stuff? It blows me away.
>>
>>26401236
i wear it because i like the creative part of it. i like to mix and match colours on my face. regardless of what you autistic retards thought i really do do it for myself because i often wear it even when not around people and im in the mood to experiment. my bf loves me makeup-less more but i still wear it if im in the mood for it. that's it.there goes your armchair psychology you retards.
>>
>>26402900
Women know other women well. Other women are also manipulative, but you can't call them out on it because they will deny it. So you tell other people and they'll notice what she does too and it spreads. Have you tried calling a girl out on her shit? She turns into a goldfish real quick.
>>
>>26401236
Jennifer Lopez
>>
File: makeup.jpg (1 MB, 1696x3400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
makeup.jpg
1 MB, 1696x3400
>>26406922
Have you seen the pictures in this thread? Makeup makes a huge difference.
>>
File: makeup 7.jpg (47 KB, 600x483) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
makeup 7.jpg
47 KB, 600x483
It's insane
>>
I do it for myself. When you look good, you feel better, other people treat you better, and the world is a much happier place. I don't think this is specific to women.
>>
>>26401236

You said it in the second line, to look good. It doesn't go any deeper. Same reason you combed your hair this morning.
>>
File: pissedjet.jpg (17 KB, 170x158) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pissedjet.jpg
17 KB, 170x158
>>26409783
Jesus christ, they might as well just wear a fucking mask.
>>
File: 1449051665120.gif (208 KB, 312x322) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1449051665120.gif
208 KB, 312x322
>>26409783
This is bad, because if I encountered the girl at the bottom with the blue shirt makeup version, I'd fall in love. I couldn't withstand the non makeup version. C-Could she look like a goddess forever?
>>
>>26409935
It wouldn't be so bad if men had the same kind of tools. Makeup literally can make a 4/10 girl a 7/10

Working out helps but doesn't have the same effect as makeup. Working out also takes way more time.
>>
>>26409783
Mostly what's wrong with those women is just poor skin condition. If they had clearer skin, they'd probably be pretty without makeup too.
>>
>>26401236
just like males.
Females are primitive.
Males look for breeding qualities in women.
All women want the most attractive male.
How do you do that if you're a 5/10?
Make up.

Congrats, you've all learnt something
>>
File: makeup 6.jpg (91 KB, 960x960) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
makeup 6.jpg
91 KB, 960x960
Unreal
>>
Probably both, I know I would wear makeup if it was socially acceptable.
>>
>>26409985
It's almost like women are trying to trap the man.
>>
>>26409972
You can wear makeup too you know. You've seen how girls have that "no makeup makeup" look and guys can't really tell? Learn to do that shit.
>>
>>26409972
>"Shoes to make men seem taller? That would be cheating! Only someone really insecure would use something like that."
>>
File: 1448704163298.png (405 KB, 633x435) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1448704163298.png
405 KB, 633x435
>>26410008
This

I could make you go from a 1 - 3 to at least a 6 with the right stuff. That would require the average guy to swallow his pride though.
>>
>>26410018
>Always wore high heels.
>>
>>26410008
It's hard to see, but some people definitely will notice. Especially if you use it for longer periods of time. Once one person notices and tells other people, you will be the laughing stock of the group. It's simply not socially acceptable to wear makeup as a man.
>>
>>26409783
The funniest part is men think they are average without makeup, so when they chase "average" girls they are actually chasing after higher tier girls.
>>
Women who say they do it "for themselves" because "they enjoy it", who exaclty are you trying to decieve ? Other people or yourselves?
>>
>>26410187
Thats like saying you can NEVER EVER have a job you actually like doing because you only want the money you're paid.
>>
>>26410187
They're only trying to fool themselves, and other women will back them up so they can do the same thing.
>>
>>26410217
>>26410217
Yes because as much as you say you enjoy your job if you were able to stop working and still get paid you'd probably do.
>>
>>26410217
If you like your job then you might spend time on it even when it doesn't pay, but women won't put makeup on if no one sees them.
>>
>>26410252
Have you never heard of things like rich people that go and still work or volunteer just because they actually like going out and working? Some people just enjoy certain things.
>>
I usually don't wear any makeup because I'm too lazy and I think I'm too ugly for makeup and that I will just look like a monkey trying to hide the fact that she's an ugly monkey.
But I sometimes wear eye makeup (no eyeliner because I can't get it right and I kinda find it ugly now)
I like to switch, I like the change, I like to combine it with my clothes
I actually like how skin with acne look and I like how clean skin looks.
To me it's like clothes but in your face
You see a t-shirt at think "that would look pretty good" and buy it
To me is the same with makeup
People buy clothes they don't need to look good
I never spent more than 10 dollars on makeup because I like to find good deals, not only with makeup

I don't know if I wear makeup for others to notice me because I sometimes wear it home because I like using it and painting my face and I don't shave my legs or my hairy arms even when people tell me it looks gross because I think it doesn't look too bad
The same when people criticize my makeup or hair
I think It's cute so whatever I guess

I think most women wear makeup because they're socialized to do so. The same way they are told to shave, use perfume and take more care of their hair than males are told to.
Men are told to look good too
Go to /fa/ and see them all worried about their looks
Talking about clothes that make their body look a certain way and styles to stand out from the "plebs"
Some men I know told me they got a beard because they have a weak jawline and I know plenty of men that get their nails done that aren't gay

It all about being pretty and putting stuff on your skin, hair and face
Just that women see on TV and their moms that women paint their face and they know that they have to do the same
>>
>>26404700
Beards grow naturally. Tattoos are not the same at all.
>>
derpa derpa derp why would women do this thing that makes them much more attractive that's so crazy ugh cheating harlots oh no I've been tricked by their make up.
>>
Because they're hideous otherwise. You're welcome.
>>
Why do you wash off the stink before going to work or school?
Why do you put on dress shoes instead of sandals?
Its purely for piece of mind,so they arent freaking out and loosing their shit all the time.
>>
>>26410411
>Why do you wash off the stink before going to work or school?
so I and other people don't smell my stink. no one likes stink.
> Why do you put on dress shoes instead of sandals?
sandals don't go well with suits
> Its purely for piece of mind,so they arent freaking out and loosing their shit all the time.
no, it's a mask used to increase attractiveness. it's pure deception.
>>
File: cheers.png (240 KB, 512x512) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cheers.png
240 KB, 512x512
>>26410411
>>26410442
>tfw you wear sandals all the time even with a suit
>tfw you also wear them with socks
Feels good to be an autist.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 16
Thread DB ID: 501034

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.