[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw produce clerk

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 18

>tfw produce clerk
>>
File: 1446103067748.jpg (21KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1446103067748.jpg
21KB, 240x240px
>>26396333
nice trips

also

>tfw grocery clerk
>>
File: jack-elam.gif (43KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
jack-elam.gif
43KB, 300x225px
alright...uh

>squints at stupid name tag

heh...l-lex, can you tell me where the fucking eggs are at?
>>
File: image.gif (1MB, 478x218px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1MB, 478x218px
>tfw cashier at movie theature
>>
What the fuck is a produce clerk? Do you just replace the fruit and shit that I take off the shelves?
>>
>>26396333

ran into a guy that was a year ahead of me in high school working as a produce clerk, at first I felt happiness knowing his life was such shit. Then I slowly started to feel sorry for him, I didn't expect that.
>>
>>26396333
floridaa
>>
>>26396612

oh I forgot he used to pick on me a lot, he was one of those assholes in high school
>>
>tfw butcher at meat department in grocery store.
>>
>>26396609
Replace the fruit and vegies, clean the area, sometimes you trim the corn, sometimes you work at 12:00 am to dismantle everything on the wetrack so you can clean it all in the back, and then put it back together before the store opens. Sometimes you come in at 4am to start trimming the lettuces and stuff like that so they look nice.

Its usually a lot of busy work.

Maybe in some places it was different.
>>
File: 1415675963452.jpg (41KB, 379x329px) Image search: [Google]
1415675963452.jpg
41KB, 379x329px
>tfw I've worked here long enough that I can do whatever the fuck I want with 0 repercussions
>tfw browsing at work right now
>>
>tfw nightfill

The hours suck but at least the money is good and I don't have to talk to anyone. Perfect robot job.
>>
>>26398528
>money is good

For stacking shelves? Come on....
>>
>>26399106
It's over $32 an hour, so not doctor money but still quite good considered how little stress and responsibility is forced on you.
>>
>tfw produce man and loving it.
>>
File: thatcat.jpg (80KB, 500x423px) Image search: [Google]
thatcat.jpg
80KB, 500x423px
>mfw just quit
Heed my advice, robots, never work in retail. Shit sucks too much ass, you will be tired, angry, and miserable all day long
>>
>tfw used to bake

>now neet
>>
>Tfw work at a king kullen bakery
>Tfw do nothing but browse 4chan and shitpost all 6 hours

Its like I get paid to stand and shitpost
>>
>>26396333
>Publix

Hell yea
>>
File: With-Ted-Cruz-You-Lose-618x686.jpg (92KB, 618x686px) Image search: [Google]
With-Ted-Cruz-You-Lose-618x686.jpg
92KB, 618x686px
>>26396333
>tfw shift leader at dunkin donuts
>>
>>26396567
that seems like such a hectic job, especially during evenings when big movies are coming out.
>>
>tfw corporate ameriku slave but just want robot job like this. soon anon..
>>
>>26400230
what do you do?

>inb4 leading shifts
>>
produce is a comfy job, I get $16 an hour and really don't work all that hard

only thing that's shit is being a backup checker and the dumbfuck front end manager NEVER scheduling worth a shit
>>
>>26396333
part-time accounting assistant

relaxing office job, nice work environment, salary can be a little better, but meh
>>
>tfw night clerk at a convenience store
>go in and settle into my nook behind the counter
>come home and settle into my nook at the computer
I get a free drink every shift, too. Usually just grab a Pepsi and bring it home to drink there. When we used to get Pepsi Throwback they would let me take pretty much all of it home because nobody bought it.
>>
>>26399196

Australian?
Need some dingu dongo speak here mayte so I can get past the robotron, ya dig cunt?
>>
>>26399235

That's horrible advice. You should line up another job first, every single employer will see your unemployed status as a liability. Apply to as many other places as you can, and when/if you get a better job elsewhere, tell your new employer you've already given two weeks notice to your immediate supervisor and they've committed to being flexible.

Of course, you never gave your previous employer two week notice because:
>Your new employer won't ask/will never find out
>It's retail, nobody gives a fuck. People literally no-show at least once a week.

You need a retail job as a stepping stone though, specially if you don't have a degree/training to do anything else
>>
>>26396333
I used to work grocery at Walmart. The produce guys were always super chill and enjoyable to be around. Couldn't say that about 95% of the people that worked there.
>>
>>26400361
Yeah, penalty rates are the shit. Fuck the Liberal party.
>>
I worked in the deli department. Produce and cashierfags wouldn't know real work even if it slapped them in the face.
>>
Just got off my produce shift.
>tfw wednesday nights are always the slowest/chillest
>>
>>26400640
I work in the deli at a grocery store too, it can get really busy especially when my dumb coworkers are being lazy or leave every 20 minutes. But i get to eat as much cheese and lunchmeat as i want, so that's pretty nice
>>
I work full time in a retail chain in canada
shit isn't nearly as bad as people make it to be
>>
My brother and I were smoking pot the other day and we got to talking about how we would feel if our respective future sons really, really wanted to be grocery store cashiers when they grew up. Like they were always asking for grocery store playsets for Christmas and arranging all the food in the pantry to be label-out, wearing a little apron and tidying up the kitchen and shit. Always super excited to go to the grocery store and chat up the clerks.

We reached the conclusion that we'd just assume that they were also gay with no other evidence, but we'd actually both prefer if they were just gay instead.
>>
>working in bakery department
>pigeon Flys in and starts eating crumbs
>manager tells me my new job is to catch the pigeon

Grocery stores are fun
>>
File: ThisIsFine.jpg (253KB, 600x887px) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsFine.jpg
253KB, 600x887px
> produce clerk for 16 hours of my life to a guy who couldn't speak english that well despite his being in country for years, to find out that all the job involved was literally equal to saying "shuffle the deck of cards"
the definition of tedious busy-work

> worked at a thrift store for a few weeks handling donated clothes, risking contracting fungal infections, fleas, or other parasites by trashy people who doesn't know what a washing machine is
literally found a shit-encrusted underwear

> attempted to get a warehouse job and failed powered pallet jack training because 2weak2handle the piece of shit streering stick (yes a "stick" as in "not a wheel") since it didn't have power steering what-so-ever
why did the trainer think it was a good idea to shove all SIX of us newbies onto metric-ton shitboxes with chipped paint in a small arena and have us drive in circles in close proximity? it's been a year and i still feel like shit over this, i could've hurt the guy seriously.

> tear down and rebuild shelves in a store, but the storage area had poor upkeep of cleaning/organization, and often the fire exits were blocked by carts filled with dividers and metal shelves
9/10 it's an ok job, i'm fine with this.
i'm ok with the events currently unfolding
>>
>>26400298
$16? Where the fuck do you live? I make $10
>>
>>26401940
Produce is easy. I worked Las see as produce. I usually work grocery and it is hell. 12 hour shifts of non stop lifting.
>>
>>26402348
>worked at Kroger as first job for $5.25 a hour
Worst job ever
>worked at Tommy Hilfiger
Decent. Easy.
>Worked at a marina
Best job. Okay money
>>
>>26401953
>>26400640
Deli and the grocery departments are always the worst experiences. When I see people who've done it for years I want to shake them and ask them why are they are doing this to themselves.
>>
File: 1415749408174.jpg (9KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
1415749408174.jpg
9KB, 227x222px
>>26400298
>front end manager NEVER scheduling worth a shit
Boy do I know this feel
>Think I have off one day
>don't go to bed until 6 am
>get a call at 10pm saying I'm supposed to be there from 10 to 5:30
>they changed the schedule in the front end but didn't change it in the meat department where I also work
Shittiest day ever
>>
>>26399235
>tfw today was my last day in grocery store retail before moving on to a proper 9-5 that I can support myself on
>>
>>26400328
I wish I had a quiet night job
>>
I make $9/hr at a dodge dealership in Arizona

Can I join in the convo? Im also 25 and think about dying on a daily basis.
>>
>>26396333
>TFW SODA MERCHANDISER
>>
File: black_rain_frog.jpg (54KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
black_rain_frog.jpg
54KB, 620x465px
>>26396333
That frog when?
>>
>>26400230

>too smart to be a lowly sales associate
>too lazy to be a manager
>>
>>26396333
you sad sack of shit. if it were up to me new laws would be put on the books and your employers would be prosecuted for violating human dignity.

produce clerk is barely a step up from being street side sign waving guy.
>>
File: Nordstrom-store---29284662.jpg (55KB, 466x349px) Image search: [Google]
Nordstrom-store---29284662.jpg
55KB, 466x349px
>tfw assitant manager at a clothing store
>>
>>26402994

You work st Nordstrom?
>>
>hotel staff

kill me plz.
>>
>>26403010

Yes I do. If they only knew what I get up to outside of work.
>>
File: 1449855479866.jpg (9KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
1449855479866.jpg
9KB, 240x210px
>>26403077

I work at a mall in the south east with a Nordstrom? Which one do you work at?
>>
>>26403127

Illinois. Sorry bruh. Would hang out and take creep shots with at the food court.
>>
Who /dollar general/ here?
Every review of the job I read online says it's awful but I don't think it's that bad.
Then again it's the only job I ever had...
>>
>>26396333
produce is the easiest section of the store
>>
>>26403164

I would think it's minimum wage and very low expectations. Just one level above welfare, meaning the closest thing to free money you can get.
>>
>>26402836
Do you also get commission?
>>
File: LastLapinMarioKart.jpg (56KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
LastLapinMarioKart.jpg
56KB, 500x375px
>manage our town's Dollar Store
>everybody shopping there is mexican
>thankfully they're all very humble and calm when shopping
>3 years of spanish back in high school helped a little bit when they ask me questions
>gradually started to relearn the language from experience
>somehow im 100% fluent now
>i even get invited to quinceaneras because they all like me
>>
>tfw you are the only competent courtesy clerk at your local sprouts
>basically a slave
>make minimum wage and have to do whatever the fuck anyone else in the store asks you to do
>have to pretend to be happy

Easily the worst possible grocery job. I was smarter than anyone else in the damn store but because I had no work experience and I was 20 years old I was forced to do slave-tier work. Eventually I asked them to reduce my hours (I was working 40 hours a week) and then by the end I spent all my time in the bathroom shitposting. That job more than anything motivated me to go back to school and stop being a fuckup and actually try.

>tfw still a fuckup who doesn't actually try
>>
>>26403256

Fuck that thick mexican pussy holmes
>>
>>26396333
is it true the best ones are at the bottom?
>>
>>26403252
Lolz

Def not OG
>>
>work in grocery store
>make $20/hour
>have full benefits
>have vacation time
>has so-so pension

I know its not a glamarous job and the hours aren't all that awesome, but it pays my bills and offers benefits
>>
>>26403429

are you from L.A.?
>>
>>26403424
what grocery store and what position? Only people I know that make taht much are managers and receivers
>>
>>26403424

>17.55/hr
>paid vacation
>health insurance/dental
>overtime pay if i want

Not a glamorous life, but in a few years I'll be making enough to live a comfy RedPill lifestyle.
>>
How do you guys even get jobs?

Ive applied to 20+ places and only got like 2 interviews. No offers

Ive walked in store and apllied
Applied and checked back with manager
Applied online

Wtf am i doing wrong
>>
>>26403451
Canadian chain , not wally world.

Granted my wage puts me pretty much in the median when it comes to income.
Oh we are also unionized as well, so while my hours are guaranteed, I have no option for any over time.

its def not easy work, ive seen way too people come and go.
Which I guess is sad, because I know their work ethic won't change, if you can't take this job seriously you are likely to fuck around at your other job too.
>>
>>26396333
>tfw started at job as a Produce Clerk
>get kicked out of Produce
>become a Meat Clerk
>Get 2x as many hours
I'm okay with this.
>>
>>26403521
have some semblance of social skills
>>
Work at Walmart distribution center. 20 an hour
>>
>>26396333
>tfw 2 shitty jobs
in the morning im a grocery store cashier and in the evening i work at a small fast casual restaurant
>>
>>26403557
nvm, Im in the US, I should should move there then
>>
>>26403189
I feel sorry for you lad. dollar general is a shit show. Like working for kroger but ten times worse shit show. Usually just a single person scheduled a shift. In charge of being a cashier, janitor, stocker, and unloader.
>>
>>26403521
its a numbers game.
You just have to keep applying.
I remember some dude graphed how many resumes he sent and job interviews he got.
in the end his sucess rate was 2% meaning he sent out ~50 resumes (and had like 5-10 interviews) before he got a job offer.

>>26403629
no thanks, you can stay there as a cock meat sandwhich between canada and mexico
>>
>>26403521
It's really from making connections. The two jobs I've worked have been from knowing the right people.
>>
tfw work as a cook at burger king
tfw jumping into the fryer wont kill me
tfw will likely never get another job so I'm stuck with this one
>>
File: 1450087624996.gif (983KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1450087624996.gif
983KB, 500x281px
>frozen manager
>hands and feet always cold no matter how many layers I put on
>always dressed like a blizzard is coming
>work hard to keep numbers up because I only get one other guy to help and he would rather flirt on his shift
>still get treated like shit because my department makes the least amount of money in the store

Ontop of the gutted hours and shit pay, I just want a sweet release from this nightmare. I wish I was a simple shelf stocker again.
>>
>>26403300
Lol. Of coarse
>>
>work at furniture store
>tfw 20 and don't even have my own house
>People ask me for furniture advice like I know half a shit about interior decorating
I'm as mediocre as it gets and the only reason they keep me is to build heavy stuff because I couldn't sell a couch to a dead man.
>>
>used to work in food and retail
>went to uni
>have a not shitty customer service job
glad i afforded college
>>
>>26403700
>>26403693

So my chances of getting hired somewhere (that is currently hiring) is low even if i dont know anyone that works there?

Should i just hang around the store until me and a worker become friends?
>>
>>26403521
I worked at the same place for 5 years which helps on my applications.
>>
>>26403842
This. I'm working retail now but plan on going to uni in the fall and studying to become a teacher so I can protect robots and punish chads and stacies. I'll do what our teachers never did for us.
>>
>>26403575
How did you get "kicked" out?

>>26403606
you like it?
>>
>>26402662
i really don't think the deli is that bad. my manager barely manages us and the store is usually pretty quiet. I also usually close by myself, and once i get everything done i can relax for an hour and eat the left over fried chicken and mac and cheese
>>
>>26403869
if you show the managers that you are persistent enough you might get hired.
At my work we have a huge stack of resumes/application forms.
so thats where your resume goes to, unless you have some quality that stands out your chances are very slim to get picked out of that pile.
>>
>>26403967
Ah ok so i should just reapply to the same places is what you're saying?

i cant get any experience if nobody hires so theres nothing for me that stands out other than attending uni and having a little bit of volunterr experience. Im only 18 idk why they need all these things for an entry level job.
>>
>>26402392
oregon (oc comment)
>>
>auto finance debt collector

calling people not paying on their donked out 300s is the best
>>
>>26400287
clean my side of the store and tell my understudy what to do.
>>
Got a helpdesk job. It's not bad at all, and theres room to be trained for better positions and move up (tech support, IT). Also there is a buffet with free food and a soft ice cream machine.

Yeah, go apply for a helpdesk job.
>>
>>26403274

Fellow Sproutsfag. Started as a bagger 3 years ago and moved up to backup receiver. Would kill self if I wasn't transferring to University next Fall.
>>
Any produce clerks here now? Just got off my shift. What it do
>>
>>26396567
Travis is that you bb?
>>
>>26404408
In the process of transferring from grocery to produce. Worked produce last week and it was so much easier. Fuck grocery shifts.
>>
tfw best jobs part time work at a hardware store where I fill propane tanks and part time wash dishes at a country club over the summer. The benies are insane senpai
>>
>>26404480
How much does the hardware store pay you an hour?
>>
File: shers.png (2MB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
shers.png
2MB, 960x1280px
worst fucking year of my life
never again retail
>>
>>26403636
This was my experience as well. Complete unorganized nightmare.
>>
Where you from ? And billets make a weekly or daily produce thread
>>
>>26404639
GA muh niqqa
>>
> Grocery store is convenience sized
> Milk bunker isn't connected to cooler
> literally my day job to bring out milk all day

It's really easy and can be enjoyable cause I just dick around. But atm I'm on disability.
>>
>>26403274
Sproutie here!

Worked as courtesy clerk for 2 and a half years. Best one, got paid the most, but got tired the fuck out. Moved to cashier, I'm one of the higher paid ones.

The courtesy clerks don't do there job for shit and I have to strive to ignore of all the shit they don't do.
>>
Hey guys. This really cute natural black woman gave me her number at work today. Should i wait till friday to shoot her a text?

Btw i work in a deli and was slicing cheese for her when we started chatting
>>
>>26404809
text her tomorrow if you can. If you wait till friday she might have plans.
>>
fuck you manager Mike and fuck Kmart !!! the best thing I've done was quit and as soon as I did the place is closing in November lol all that micro management condescending fucking personality is paying you and your piece of shit friends/mgmt crew back you fat diabetic homo hope you get cancer.

btw people who like horror movies as some sort of personality trait are the most boring people ever, fuck you
>>
>>26404659
same here senpai. georgia seems to have alot of robots
>>
>>26404897

Thanks. I work in the morning so I'll text her when i get off
>>
>>26404809
What kind of cheese did she get?
>>
Working retail sucks unless youre in some management position where you dont deal with customers all day, being a vendor is a million times better
>>
File: Joejack.jpg (7KB, 146x237px) Image search: [Google]
Joejack.jpg
7KB, 146x237px
>>26405116
>management
>not dealing with customers all day
>just dealing with the absolute shittiest shit of customers most of the day
>dealing with the shittiest employees all day
Thread posts: 114
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.