[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

happy birthday to me

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: sadrei1996.jpg (8KB, 480x447px) Image search: [Google]
sadrei1996.jpg
8KB, 480x447px
Mornin' robots.
Highschool bot here. Halfway through senior year.
Woke up this morning to a startling discovery. Family bombarded with happy birthday texts and "you're growing up" and memory shit.
Well fuck me /r9k/
I'm 18.

Any advice from older bots? What do?
Stories from when you were/turned 18 would also be appreciated. Help me in my transition to adulthood.
>>
>>26386374
congratulation niggah!
Advice: don't think too much of your failures unless you plan on fixing them. Try to get driving license if you can in your state/country, it will help you get a job sometimes. Try to minimize your computer time to a couple of hours/day and use the rest of the time to do something else (hopefully more productive)
>>
I remember shitposting the day I turned 18

The next morning I woke up hungover and accidentally got cum in my carpet. It was a fun time.

Anyway, get off 4chan and don't come back.
>>
Happy 18th sweetheart! I admit, it's not that fun at your age. Life is going to get hectic, but at least you're not 17 anymore! Trust me the biggest leap is turning 20. Enjoy being a teen while you still can
>>
File: 1442516167262.jpg (96KB, 500x535px) Image search: [Google]
1442516167262.jpg
96KB, 500x535px
>>26386374
it's gonna get worse, people will expect you to be an adult now, you need to have responsibilities.

Everything deemed childish or immature labels you as such.

You will be expected to have a gf.

I gave up on the women meme in my late 17's i was indeed a beta orbiter fag, and thought women should be treated with respect and cared for, turns out i was completely wrong. i'm a level 23 aspiring wizard.

If you learn to accept that loneliness and occasional web social interactions with strangers online are a good thing, then you pretty much have it easy.

i'm doing ok, i have suicide thoughts all the time, but in a comic matter, like when i watch Tom & Jerry and tom gets hit with a hammer right in his skull i wonder what the same effect would be on me.

I can't wait to die and leave this shit.

I can't find meaning in life for myself. So my life is an long and painful dread to the grave.

Have fun, if you want to have a semi normal life, start with improving your image, IE go to the gym (yes it's cliche) but a person that values his body has respect for itself (i can't be bothered i'm skelly already not gonna jew out money to grow skin on me)
>>
>an long
>an hero

that's why you always check before posting
>>
The only advice I can give you is to get yourself a diagnosis so that you will receive more neetbux when you graduate from high school.
>>
>be me
>18
>was bitter misanthropic trap
>had bitter misanthropic bf
>don't remember what we did for my birthday, but we were always together so we probably did something
>valentine's day was shortly after my birthday
>for our date we sat outside of the mall and laughed at fat people coming in and out, we were there for some other reason too idr, then went home (I believe he lived with me at this point in time, so we probably went to sleep or played video games after that)

Sorry no birthday stories. But I hope my near-birthday story was acceptable.

Advice would be to never give up aspects of your psyche that are truly integral to who you are. You'll find it hard to get them back, and attempts to will seem pitiful and empty. You're just about to start getting the very essence of your being truly tested. Most corrode to the point where they don't even have the will to decide to kill themselves on their own when it gets bad. Don't be one of them because it's a sorry existence.

You're gonna have to fight a lot of unnecessary battles, but remember they're unnecessary (for the most part), keep your cool, don't get drawn into stupid shit, and don't let people compromise your integrity because some people really get off on destroying others.

You will often not understand the motives behind others' actions. Don't form quick and intense attachments to those you don't genuinely understand, and conversely don't disrespect others by scrutinizing their way of doing things when they are not closely affiliated with you or have little impact on you.

Just b urself

Also memes are dumb don't spend too much time here or you'll begin thinking in greentext
>>
>>26386576
Oh and also start learning a skill or getting invested in/learning about something that genuinely interests you now

It'll give you something to fall back on when life shits on you, and finding hobbies and the like earlier increases your chances of having enough time to master them and expand your understanding of them.

Otherwise the only thing you'll be able to rely on for intellectual subsistence is lowest common denominator shit like 4chan, university, jobs, shopping, drugs, etc. and that shit can get very toxic very fast.
>>
>>26386620
Oh and, also, sorry for posting so much, don't fall for traps like religion, dichotomous politics, sweeping generalizations of any sort, and other meme-based easy answer suppliers that promote nonthought. It doesn't hurt to listen to different perspectives but always, always be critical. These people know that if they can convince you to believe in them, they will gain more power. It's about control moreso than truth.

I know that might sound stupid now but this shit has a way of worming its way into your life when you're at your weakest, and before you know it every thought you have is fucking retarded and you don't know how to stop it.

I don't think most cultists knew they were going to become cultists when they were 18, for example, and probably thought the idea was absurd until they started sliding down the slippery slope and losing track of time (and themselves)

The world will do anything to claim it as your own.
>>
I hope you don't have a happy birthday because only normies have that.
>>
>>26386706
>Oh and, also, sorry for posting so much, don't fall for traps like religion, dichotomous politics, sweeping generalizations of any sort,
>don't fall for traps like religion, dichotomous politics
>sweeping generalizations of any sort,

nice sweeping generalizations. but the rest of your advises where pretty solid tho.
>>
>>26386907
Yeah I noticed that I was inserting my own fallacious opinions into my advice after the fact too, was hoping no one would call me out on it.

Especially with
>These people know that if they can convince you to believe in them, they will gain more power. It's about control moreso than truth.
and
>The world will do anything to claim it as your own.
This is often true but not universally true. Being as hopelessly paranoid and antagonistic by default as I am is not a good thing.

The point I was trying to make, though, is to not automatically accept every narrative that comes your way as truth. Or to accept easy answers without thinking about them.
>>
>>26386948
>The point I was trying to make, though, is to not automatically accept every narrative that comes your way as truth. Or to accept easy answers without thinking about them.

Now that sounds more like the good advises you gave earlier. Random hatred for religion and politics are sweeping generalizations as well, if they serve you well why shit on them? All in all, just try not to be gullible, but don't compensate it with bitterness is what I would say.
>>
>>26386374
Happy birthday, OP.
Mine was yesterday. I turned 28.

My 18th birthday wasn't that spectacular. I don't remember doing much besides playing video games with my brother and making some shitty mods and maps for them. I also created an email account which I still use.

Here's some advice (not original):
-Try to get a driver's licence if you can, unless you already have one, and maybe a car if you can afford it (although this may not be necessary at this point, it depends on your situation).
-Focus on school. Getting good grades can help you to continue your education or get your first job.
-You are expected to be more mature and responsible.
-The world isn't black and white. Like one anon above me said, try to see and understand other points of view besides your own, but be critical.
-You're young so try to avoid 4chan or at least /r9k/, otherwise it ruins you.
>>
>>26386374
>be 17, almost 18
>come to 4chan
>decide to make the first thread ever
>create thread asking /b/ what i should do for my 18th birthday
>instantly get underage b& for a week

Good... times?

Also I got 4 normiebook "happy birthday" posts that year, plus one message. This year I got 14 posts and two messages.
>>
>>26387283
Why the fuck is it that whenever I post something on a thread the thread completely dies.
EVREY
SINGLE
FUCKING
TIME
WHY
>>
OP here! Thanks all. Keep this going? I really appreciate everything so far.

I have a license already (no car cause poor parents) and decent grades. Only real fear is never getting an actual job or doing anything decent. I feel like parents will pressure more since I hit the "adult" milestone. Also, can BPD get neetbux? I see posts all the time about them but I'm not sure how exactly it works.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.