[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I start uni in about a month or so. I have very few friends so

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: gg nigga.jpg (22KB, 500x291px) Image search: [Google]
gg nigga.jpg
22KB, 500x291px
I start uni in about a month or so. I have very few friends so I just wanted to ask

>what do normies talk about /r9k/?
And
> if I start a convo with a randomo normie that's next to me, how do I do that?
>>
>>26381074
Sports. Spot someone with team merchandise (hoodie, hat) of a sport you are familiar with and try to initiate conversation that way.
>>
>>26381074
I'm told "Hey, I'm anon." works if you're attractive. But I don't think you are. Try it anyway and let me know how it works out.
>>
BUMPOO
>>26381163
I'm not that familiar with sports desu...
>>26381210
Would I be here if I was?
>>
>>26381074
Video games, meme videos on youtube, Collegehumor, reddit (seriously, reddit is normie the website.. find something interesting on reddit and tell a normie, they'll love it). National and international news, national politics on occasion. /biz/-tier people will talk about business news, stupid-ass money making schemes, etc. Sports is obvious. Make sure to see the biggest 3-4 movies a year, try to go with some people from college.

Go to parties, don't be the beta who sits alone in his room 24/7 with the door shut. There will be some lames who non-stop try to talk to you.. don't push them away, boom at least 1 friend.

Starting convo in class, the basics:
>Hey dude how's it going?
>Man this lecture fucking sucks (if it does) / I have no idea what the hell's going on
>So tired, this ___ took forever / man I can't wait until lunch I'm starving
>did you study for that test next week (follow up - hey do you want to study, maybe make a study group?)

If you just say hey, they say hey, and then you stop talking.. that accomplishes nothing. Zero. Build up the banter.

All of this sounds basic as fuck. That's because you're overthinking it. People like to chitchat about nothing. 90% of this post (and 4chan as a whole) is about nothing. They spend hours doing it while watching sports for example (and honestly.. any drunk convo will be either about nothing, a heated debate about something pointless, or some abstract philosophical shit).
>>
>what do normies talk about
Drinking, partying, clubbing. Literally I am a maths tutor, and 3-4 other tutors (engineers and a physics major) were talking about how they were going to play Mario Kart/Smash Brothers and drink a lot. They were literally like, laughing and bothered by me not wanting to join them.
>>
Normies love game of thrones.
>>
>>26381437
Ok.

What if I'm waiting at the busstop with a qt. What should I say Anon?
>>
> tfw I keep getting muted when I just want to b u m p the thread

Fuck this gay earth.
>>
File: feelsgood.jpg (4KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
feelsgood.jpg
4KB, 125x121px
just keep gum or mints on you at all times so you can offer some to people and strike up a conversation that way. They will then know you as the mint or gum guy and give you a cool nickname
>>
>>26383060
But that's autistic Anon...
>>
>>26381074
>what do normies talk about /r9k/?
Basically everything posted ITT already. Interests of normies vary as much as robots' do. They only focus on different hobbies.

>if I start a convo with a randomo normie that's next to me, how do I do that?
Just comment on whatever is happening around you atm. >>26381437 is good for reference. In addition to that:
>Don't be afraid of "rejection".
>Not every convo will lead to eternal friendship
>Banter and flirting. Just throw in some jokes/funny comments here and there.

And as for banter/flirting: It's a practice thing. You'll know what makes people chuckle in time.
>>
>>26383178
Ok. Thanks a lot guys.

I've screen shotted everything here for later. Yes I know that's autistic, no I don't care.
>>
>>26383252
No biggie.

Rereading my post I have one more addition:
Do not exeggarate the banter/flirting thing. You want to make the occasional joke, but you don't want to be the class clown. But this is also practice.
>>
>>26383295
Of you're so experienced, why are you here?
>>
>>26384108
>Of you're so experienced, why are you here?
Part boredom, part helpless helper syndrome.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.