[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who cares about politics?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: background2-16.gif (26KB, 1024x630px) Image search: [Google]
background2-16.gif
26KB, 1024x630px
Politics only deals with taking care of *basic* needs: distribution of food, housing, money.

It has nothing to do with addressing the absence of higher level needs: like intimacy, love and belonging.

Its like everyone I've seen who actually cares about politics is some guy who has a girlfriend, and has never worried that he might NOT have a girlfriend, or that his relationship is hanging by a thread. To him that would be inconceivable.

And if that ever happened to him, it would TEAR his attention away from any kind of political agenda, and make him focus on his personal life. He would start to ask "what the fuck does it mean to me?" as he fights for a cause that doesn't affect him.

Conversely, if any of us ever got into a relationship, we would being to feel ALIVE again, and may even participate in the rat race.
>>
The personal is the political.
>>
politics isn't just who you vote for, I understand that if you think that it is you would think that it doesn't matter because voting doesn't change anything
but politics encompasses all human activity to some extent, the idea that the "private life" is seperate from political beliefs is bullshit because your personal beliefs influence the way you interpret everything
>>
>>26378668
what if you believe private life is separate from political belief
>>
>>26378696
then you'd be wrong obviously
>>
>>26378737
why

>inb4 because your personal beliefs influence the way you interpret everything
>>
>>26378668
Politics deals with basically "what are we GOING to do based on what we CAN do."

So yeah people are going to argue for their own personal interests.

But what I am saying is that the government can't give you love, it can't give you relationships. At best it could give you money. But unless it targeted you personally (which it won't due to fairness) your never going to be made rich by the government.

Hence it won't ever be effective in helping you find a mate.

To those who don't have higher level needs taken care of politics is useless. (Unless you also dont have low level needs)
>>
>>26378764
because subconsciously the way you see things would be different if you had different values
>>
are you feeling the bern?
>>
>>26378660
>The personal is the political.
third-wave feminist pls go
>>
>>26378942
Your being too vague, and I am not sure I understand.
>>
>>26379024
they way that you view human relationships and even things as trivial as movies has everything to do with your personal values
>>
>>26378913
I want to also add that this could be the major reason for all of the degeneracy in the world.

See there are a lot of people who end up not caring about "improving the world" and instead desperately try to take matters into their own hands to improve their lives first.

Putting themselves first, seeking to be loved, to have relationships etc.

This is why people are behaving so bizarre. So many men absolutely deprived of relationships. Confused about what the real world is. Confused about why THEY dont have anybody.
>>
I just want trump to win so I can get a job as a construction worker or something and get paid more than penny's.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.