[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>life is shit >one of the few joys I have is playing the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 8

File: 1431984227156.gif (988KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1431984227156.gif
988KB, 500x500px
>life is shit
>one of the few joys I have is playing the dark souls series
>replaying ds1 because I lost all my data for the times I've beat it before because god fucking hates me
>just got done grinding for 3 hours trying to get my stats up for the greatsword of artorias
>not that great, still doesn't beat my queelag fury sword
>barely get 3 humanities in that time, because I've used my other 20 losing to ornstein and smough
>decide I'm ready to give is another go after upgrading my queelag fury sword one more time
>trying to get by the giant knights and gargoyles without having to fight them all everytime I go by that bitch
>get invaded
>completely swarmed
>lose one of my three humanities and kills my spirit

What the fuck? Nobody even knows how pissed I am right now, like why the fuck do these little faggots wanna invade me every goddamn chance they get? It's so infuriating. Fuck if you're gonna invade me at last someone help me beat these two fuckers finally. Fuck. Does anybody know these feels?
>>
>>26377981
what do i do with the souls of the bosses?
also should i use gwyn's soul?
>>
>>26377981
git gud

also no shit the greatsword is worse than the fury sword - the scaling is better if you have a dex build, and an improved fury sword is going to be better in everything but physical damage than the greatsword (and more things are hurt by fire than magic). curved swords are faster as well, so unless you need the reach the fury is going to be better no matter what.

lastly, it's fucking dark souls - if you aren't on your game you will get rekt because you're a soft target. you can always just be hollow the whole time to stop invasions rather than be human anyway.
>>
>>26378042
other than the four great souls, which are needed for the lord's vessel (and even that isn't strictly true), you can either use great souls to make weapons, or just like normal souls. honestly i just make a weapon or keep them as souls that can't be lost to invaders or death.
>>
>>26378042
Each boss soul has a different special weapon that can be crafted usually by the giant black smith in anor londo. Personally with gwyns soul I would join the warrior of sunlight covenant under the first dragon you meet is where you join and after you offer enough sunlight medals you get to be rank 1 and you can give gwyns soul to get sunlight spear miracle, which is the strongest of the spear miracles. Ironically even though he is the last boss for ds1 without the dlc, his sword you can craft isn't the best, but you could do that too. You should get the dlc if you haven't yet.
>>
>playing dark souls
>expect not to get invaded
>>
>>26378042
If you can get a weapon suitable for your build you should exchange them for the weapon with the giant blacksmith in anor londo. I used the Soul of Gwyn to get the sunlight spear.
>>
>>26378042
sunlight spear is a neat spell if you're in the warriors of sunlight, but otherwise you can upgrade a sword to +10, make the great lord greatsword (kinda shitty), or just get 40k souls if you feed it to frampt. your choice mang.
>>
File: 1431984854118.gif (505KB, 338x350px) Image search: [Google]
1431984854118.gif
505KB, 338x350px
>>26378090
I need to be human so I can summon solaire and to beat smough and ornstein. Also idk I read online somewhere that greatsword of artorias is one of the best for damage output.

>>26378120
Don't use boss souls for souls, if you need souls go to the darkroot garden and have people chase you back towards the bonfire and let them fall off that cliff right by the stairs as you sit under it. Probably best early grinding spot imo
>>
Just summon Solaire you cuck and rush Smough, iirc bleed effects him and you wreck his fat ass with the uchigatana and pikachu can get stuck on the pillars and you can take him out no risk with poison arrows
>>
>>26378177
>I need to be human so I can summon solaire and to beat smough and ornstein. Also idk I read online somewhere that greatsword of artorias is one of the best for damage output.
just have a friend join in for ornstein or get good enough to solo them. they are predictable bosses if you aren't fat rolling. i always kill smough first because giant ornstein is easier for me.

the artorias greatsword has high physical and magic damage output, better than most others in the game, and scales nicely with a strength/dex build, but best with an int/faith build (so it's a direct upgrade if you're going around with a moonlight greatsword). but that damage output depends on the enemy not being magic immune or resistant, or not having barrier, and you being good with slow 2h swords and using the reach and strong attacks to your advantage with positioning.

if you can't do that, then a faster weapon is probably better. especially with a dex build (which is the only build that makes the fury sword OP)
>>
>>26378177
>Don't use boss souls for souls, if you need souls go to the darkroot garden and have people chase you back towards the bonfire and let them fall off that cliff right by the stairs as you sit under it. Probably best early grinding spot imo
i use them for souls when the weapon they can be made into is shit, and they have no other use than just being a soul container.
>>
people like you are why I enjoyed dark souls so much OP.

I got pleasure from ruining other peoples fun.
>>
>>26378218
Honestly I have an easier time taking out smough and trying to go for ornstein which even though in the long run its harder I kind of want his armor and I have to beat ornstein last to get it. What is a pikachu and how exactly do I get them stuck on the pillars? like are they actually stuck or do you mean when they miss you by running into them?

>>26378247
>just have a friend join in
>friends
>r9k

>i always kill smough first because giant ornstein is easier for me.

see above, and same I get so close to beating him but he always ends up cucking me some how.

>>26378268
Theres only a few weapons that are really really not worth being made, if anything its worth it for the novelty of having the boss weapons with cool effects.
>>
>>26378177
>He NEED Solaire to be O&S
Am I the only person who doesn't have trouble with this boss? Just be patient and don't get stuck between the two of them.
>>
>>26378337
Seriously if that guy was in the same room as me when he invades me, I would fuck him up. Like just blind rage, I get so pissed. You could fuck my gf and beat me down and I would be about the same amount of pissed in that moment of hell hath no fury rage
>>
>>26378404
I've beat them before on my own usually with the lightning spear, but it took forever and was no where near easy. Unless you have an OP weapon, then idk how you are doing it.
>>
How can you guys stand playing with 1 or 2 different weapons? I love using....like 20.
>>
>>26378439
+10 Basted sword or +4 BKS, Cloranthy ring, Mask of the Child, +10 Grass Crest Shield.

You could throw in some blossoms is you REALLY wanted to make it easy.
>>
>>26378385
Jesus you're autistic
Pikachu is just a nickname for Ornstein and after he transforms and breaks some of the pillars on the sides of the room if you stand in the right spot he gets stuck on the level geometry trying to walk towards you and can only shoot lightning at you
>>
>>26378418
I only hope all the faggots I used to wreck routinely back in the day were as angry as you.

Used to go /vg/ and start invasions and, like clockwork, someone would start bitching about me specifically.

Your rage brings me joy.
>>
>>26378483
What would the bastard sword or black knight sword have over other weapons like queelag fury sword? What would the mask of the child do? I have the grass crest shield, but I haven't really gone out of my way to get the cloranthy ring just yet. What would the blossoms do at all for you? I thought they only cured poison? You throwing dung pies at them?

>>26378448
elaborate? What weapons and why?
>>
>>26378385
if you're such a shut in that random people can't stand to be around you in dark souls for a boss fight, then just kill yourself already.

pikachu = ornstein. think about it.

after the pillars are broken, it's possible to get one of the bosses stuck in the left over pillar's geometry on some of their attacks. if you don't circle behind them they won't get unstuck.

just remember that both ornstein and smough have only one or two attacks that hit close by or underneath them - i hover around their genitals and stab upwards.

then again i also cheese the game with a pyromancy build and the red tearstone ring, the bellowing dragoncrest ring, and mask of the mother after casting power within.

i've one shotted the drake this way, it's pretty OP.
>>
>>26378490
which pillar does he get stuck on?

>>26378510
I'm sure they do, fuck you. Please help me beat these fuckers if you aren't doing anything else. I have no friends that still play the game
>>
>>26378448
i just use a couple different ones because they suit my playstyle during pvp or i really like the animations. priscilla's dagger is so fun to use, but i generally stick with dex builds and am lightweight because i'm used to playing that way.
>>
>>26378543
damn that's pretty impressive.

>if you're such a shut in that random people can't stand to be around you in dark souls for a boss fight, then just kill yourself already.

what did you mean by this though? I just don't really have any friends, and I don't see any summon signs near the boss, everytime I've tried to summon someone it has failed even though it used to work years ago. Why would that mean people can't stand to be around me?
>>
>close to 100%ing the game
>don't want to grind out the PvP achievements
>don't want to spend hours collecting slabs
>>
>>26378532
>What would the bastard sword or black knight sword have over other weapons like queelag fury sword?
bastard sword: available early on with good scaling at low stats, cheap to upgrade to +5, and has good reach and quick reactions. the R2 forward thrust is a great pvp tool to push back people as well, since it's very fast.

the black knight's sword i dunno, i usually use the side sword more often because i like the moveset better overall.
>>
File: dank souls.jpg (47KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
dank souls.jpg
47KB, 1137x640px
4/12/16

SERIOUSLY 4/12 WAS UNORIGINAL AND NOW 4/12/16 IS ALSO UNORIGINAL FUCK YOU FUCKING ROBOT
>>
>>26378557
I dont have any of my old characters.

Besides, if I did I'd just use cheap tactics to murder fuck you repeatedly and/or attempt to get you to attack the giant smith.
>>
>>26378651
is that when the new dark souls game comes out? I thought it was in march? I can't wait
>>
>tfw 700 hours of pure fun on das 1
>tfw 300 hours on das 2 and 40 on softs
das 3 better fucking literally save videogames
>>
>>26378678
Yeah that's another thing, I accidentally hit the giant blacksmith at sl 61 on my first replay attempt and he started tard raging me and I thought you could just summon him again if you killed him like in ds2, but I was so very wrong. So I started over and went full autism and got all the way back there in one day only for this to happen. Why are you such a fuckin bastard though bro?
>>
>>26378557
>which pillar does he get stuck on?
whichever one that's broken and the enemy does a butt slam. normal smough does this, and giant ornstein does it too. it clips into the pillars and traps them in one direction. if they back away or turn, they are unstuck.

the standard giant circumcision position is best to be used when one is far away (since ornstein charges more often in normal mode, smough is easier to kill first) the SGCP involves just remaining relatively close (like dagger hit distance) and rolling towards during most attacks other than the butt slam, the jump spear thrust, and the overhead hammer slam. lateral rolls are the spear lunge and the butt slam from normal smough.

>>26378601
people hang around boss rooms purely to help others because you get stuff from it typically. warriors of sunlight is huge in doing this. just takes time. for people not to summon in for the fight is very weird.
>>
>>26378749
what is softs?
>>
>>26378532
I'm the same guy. And I like using different weapons because it's fun. Usually I use...
BKS
Bastard sword
SKS (silver knight spear)
Reinforced club
Iaito
Demons machete
Great sword
Grant
Black Knights halberd.

And more. I love changing weapons.
>>
>>26378807
sin of the first scholar.
>>
File: 1374648678357.jpg (178KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
1374648678357.jpg
178KB, 500x339px
>>26378749
Pre ordered the collectors edition today
NOW WE WAIT
100hrs on DeS
600hrs on DaS
1100hrs on DaS2
350hrs on BB
999999 soon to be on DaS3
>>
>>26377981
>trying to run to a boss fog door
>oh no I got swarmed how did that happen

are you sure that this isn't your first time playing the game?

Seriously, Dark Souls is all about patience and being methodical unless you're doing a gimmick speedrun.
>>
>>26378781
Oh god you're retarded. Theres a way to make him calm down so you dont have to kill him, but I'd rather you hit him trying to kill an invader and have to start over again.
>>
Anyone else think op just sat around grinding and is now over leveled and that's why he can't find help
>>
Dark Souls is a garbage game for masochists. Please go to
>>>/v/
>>
>>26378794
>for people not to summon in for the fight is very weird.

I don't think its because they don't want to, it's just like the connection is bad or something. Also I haven't seen many summon signs near this boss fight for some reason, maybe its because I turn off the internet occasionally so I don't get fucking invaded.

>whichever one that's broken and the enemy does a butt slam. normal smough does this, and giant ornstein does it too. it clips into the pillars and traps them in one direction. if they back away or turn, they are unstuck.the standard giant circumcision position is best to be used when one is far away (since ornstein charges more often in normal mode, smough is easier to kill first) the SGCP involves just remaining relatively close (like dagger hit distance) and rolling towards during most attacks other than the butt slam, the jump spear thrust, and the overhead hammer slam. lateral rolls are the spear lunge and the butt slam from normal smough.

thanks
>>
>Spend months working on Souls website
>Deadline was set on new year's
>Still not nearly finished
>Only reason why anyone would use my site over the other Wikis is because all DS3 wikis are still empty
>Probably not going to finish it before DS3 releases
>Site is probably going to flop so damn hard

Feels bad man. Might just have ruined my favourite game series for myself by turning it into my work.
>>
>>26378812
I think the weapons in ds2 are better, do you have any boss soul weapons? Personally I like spears and some halberds that you can attack and block at the same time so you don't have to worry about being hit.
>>
>>26378882
probably, also because I'm guessing DS1 must be all but dead since most people moved on to DS2 or even Bloodborne
>>
>>26378886
>i'm bad at videogames
git gud
>>
>>26378698
It comes out in march in Japan.
My dubs confirm the info.
>>
>>26378930
Boss soul weapons in DS2 were pretty shit I find, and a lot of weapons that were in DS1 had their movesets completely changed. Same with special weapons like the black knight ones and whatever else.

Also, not being able to cut off the tails off bosses for weapons was a real bummer
>>
>>26378818
Wasn't that just the three extra bosses and boss levels in ds2? It was good shit though, ds1 dlc was good too.

>>26378828
I guess I'm not feeling patient recently, but no I've beaten both ds1 and ds2, hell I got to new game +7 before I quit playing on one of my characters.

>>26378874
>oh god you're retarded

probably

>>26378882
Maybe, I'm sl 61 on ornstein and smough
>>
>>26378177
>greatsword of artorias

don't even try, you need a dedicated build for it
>>
>>26379020
>Wasn't that just the three extra bosses and boss levels in ds2? It was good shit though, ds1 dlc was good too.
yeah. 40 hours of content for that isn't bad, so i dunno why that anon posted it there. i really liked the ice area and the additional lore it provided.

i like dark souls for the same reason i like warhammer 40k: the lore and background info is fascinating.
>>
>best atmosphere
des
>best level design
das
>best gameplay mechanics and features
das 2
>best pvp
das 2
>worst overall
bloodborne
>>
>>26379007
>yorghs spear
>fume knight greatsword
>bewitched alonne sword
>charred loyce greatsword (or which ever one that has the magical reach when you swing it, shit is boss)

That's just to name a few, I liked it
>>
>>26378886
>It's too hard for me
It's honestly not a hard game. You just have to be patient. That's all. You honestly don't need much in the way of skills to beat this game.
>>
>>26379020
>Wasn't that just the three extra bosses and boss levels in ds2

They 'remixed' the base game as well by placing major enemies at unexpected and various locations

> sl 61 on ornstein and smough

That's not bad.

Why not just summon Solaire?

Did you kill him?

Also with lightning/fire weapons as well as miracles/pyromancy, Biggies and Small are pretty easy to defeat. Make sure you exploit those pillars as well.
>>
>>26379086
>all DLC weapons

I guess that's what I get for pre-ordering the collector's edition of the game months before its release and believing the "no DLC" lies.
>>
>>26377981
You get invaded?

Lucky bastard
>>
>>26379101
>Why not just summon Solaire?

I've been summoning him everytime, he's only really good for a distraction while I obliterate smough and then he gets destroyed by giant ornstein and eventually I do too. The best I can hope for is him to be able to live long enough to distract giant ornstein for a bit longer and I can kill him with my upgraded queelag fury sword. Hopefully I will win this next time, I've gotten real close recently
>>
>>26379136
You can't get the dlc if you pre order it? What?
>>
>>26379057
>bloodborne worst overall
assmad Pcuck detected

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfBpxNDUUdA

Gametrailers just gave BB a perfect 10, the first time in history after 13 years.

get rekt cuck
>>
>>26379200
DS was advertised as needing no DLC during development and during pre-order sales, same with DS2.

They lied.
>>
>>26379057
>>worst overall
>bloodborne
i really like bloodborne because it was dark souls but faster and bloodier - rewarding being quick and twitchy and brutal over being methodical and slow. it's a different game, and obviously isn't part of the dark souls franchise.

i think most are butthurt they were raped by BB because their 1337 DS skills can't help them.
>>
>>26379247
DS doesnt need dlc, the main game is good enough
>>
>>26379247
>pre order cucking

not even once, especially not twice
>>
>>26379277
I'm mainly mad because bloodbourne was only for the ps4. Having an xbone I didn't get to play
>>
>>26379208
lol sonypony getting mad because someone doesnt think his ONLY game is the greatest thing ever

i coudlnt even be arsed to do a 3rd run for bloodborne, just got too boring and shit
>>
>>26379200
The original pre-order collector's edition came with the soundtrack CD and a book of character designs and a figurine, but just the base game, because originally (they said) there was going to not be any DLC.

and then months later it was announced, "whoops, j/k you guys we totally have DLC now give us your money".

They re-released DS2 with all the DLC as SOFTS, but if you bought the original DS2 then you get jack shit.
>>
>tfw my life's greatest achievement is getting all the aachievements in DaS 1 and 2 and also beating DaS 1 on SL1
>>
yeah

i just like

play hollow mostly why do u play human

honeslty i dont get it, why do i 1v2 sometimes. fucking 2 dudes invade me at the same time, but this is mostly ds2

i beat both games fully naked with only a basic sword

o&s for me was ezpz, the hardest boss was that rape demon with the 2 dogs. killed me like 90 times atleast before i got the hang of it. after that i never had a problem with anything
>>
>>26379289
The artorias whatever DLC for DS1 was actually really good. I don't think I can be arsed to get the DLC for DS2 though, not when I have it on a dying platform (PS3) and most of the userbase moved on to Bloodborne and soon Dark Souls 3
>>
>>26377981

People are still playing DS1 online?
Also
>doesnt want to get invaded
>has an internet connection
>>
>>26379289
... That's completely besides the point. The game was advertised as not having any DLC planned or expected. People bought the collector's edition and suddenly there was stuff also available they'd have to buy more of because there was DLC now.

That's all it is.
>>
>>26379317
that's chris-chan level hate right there.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 358x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 358x300px
>suggestions post
In das 2, is heavy armor weaponry even worth it in pve
I know its shit in pvp
And not very good for bosses
Also whats good light/med armor?
Im using the dark set currently in das 2
>>
>>26379325
>and also beating DaS 1 on SL1

That's really impressive, I would die proudly and happily after that. tell my grandchildren and shit on my death bed, put it on my tombstone
>>
>>26379352
>play hollow mostly why do u play human

because nigga, I'm apparently a scrub compared to you and I need to summon solaire for distractions and you can't do that hollow and naked
>>
>>26379447
A good shield and knowing how to dodge are more important than any armor
Heavy weapons aren't bad, you'll stagger damn near everything with a great sword
>>
Closed.... Still closed
>>
>>26379419
>pissed that BB only came out for playstation
>somehow comparable to chris chan

wut?
>>
>>26379457
It takes a certain amount of autism to beat it on SL1. Four Knights and Manus are living hell
>>
>>26379495
I forgot to mention im using the drangleic shield for 100% phys reduction, and a lighting drangleic sword
Seems to be doing good in pve
>>
File: 1443661477032.jpg (30KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
1443661477032.jpg
30KB, 514x536px
>>26379515
>It takes a certain amount of autism to beat it on SL1. Four Knights and Manus are living hell

I'm sure it does, it's not bad autism though, that's like rawtism if anything
>>
>>26379447
why do you type like
you are writing a haiku
snow drifts in the night

heavy armor is absolute garbage since it makes you waste souls on leving up your equipment load and you can only medium-roll. Blocking was also nerfed since there's only like two shield with 100% physical block, one of which requires stupid amounts of strength.

Just do Fashion Souls really, and focus on rolling and dodging rather than blocking. Personally I wear the Drangleic legging, no top, Vengarl's helm, and switch out gloves for whatever I need (poison, curse, fire resistance, etc.)
>>
>>26379510
lemme break it down for you barney-style:

chris-chan hates the xbox because it exists and is "opposite" the playstation and to a lesser extent nintendo wii

you presented the argument that bloodborne was worst overall because it's a PS4 exclusive and not available on xbone or pc or whatever.

that doesn't make bloodborne bad in any way shape or form. it makes it kinda shitty that it's an exclusive that isn't on other platforms.

ergo, you have an irrational "hate" for something that has no bearing on it's actual quality.
>>
>>26379495
I have a +3 greatsword but i cant stand using it. I swing it at the enemy (with lock on) and my character swings it behind me
>>
>>26379604
just get a claymore and enjoy life
>>
>>26379604
That was one of the weapons that got a stupid, stupid moveset downgrade in DS2. iirc the Zweihander also does that on the second hit, which is useful absolutely 100% none of the time.
>>
>>26379638
Is drangleic sword good in your opinion?
Just asking
>>
>>26379497
i killed sieglinde in ash lake ;_;
>>
>>26379602
No lol I'm not saying it's bad, in fact it looks really good which is why I'm mad that I didn't get to play it. I'm only mad that I didn't get to play it, not that I think it's bad.
>>
>>26379672
oh, that makes much more sense, but some anon up there was "worst overall bloodborne" and a reply was about it being exclusive.
>>
>>26379720
Yeah, I can understand the misunderstanding now
>>
>>26379666
it's decent early-mid game if you're going to be a dex/str build. It requires twink titanite to upgrade though.
>>
>>26379666
I didn't really use it much. I mainly used the Mastodon Greatsword and Halberd, Claymore, Bastard Sword and occasionally the Pursuer's Greatsword and sometimes the Curved Dragon Greatsword.

The Mastodoon Greatsword is great but you get it nearly at the end game, before that I would just get by with the Claymore and Bastard
Sword.

Though, I haven't played since last April so I don't know if any of the weapons I mentioned got nerfed or something
>>
>>26379913
>Though, I haven't played since last April so I don't know if any of the weapons I mentioned got nerfed or something

Your post triggered the PTSD I have from that time I logged into DS2 after some updates and saw that faith-based builds were now as useful as toilet paper in a European washroom.
>>
File: 47337373u3u.png (23KB, 489x423px) Image search: [Google]
47337373u3u.png
23KB, 489x423px
>>26377981
I get invaded like once or twice on average per play through. It's depressing cause i love pvp.
>>
>>26379962
Wrath of the Gods seriously OP, though
>>
>>26380011
yeah but

>only available after getting rank 2 of a dead covenant or getting to NG++
>literally only one use, unless you dump souls to level up to 43 attunement then you get one extra use, and then a third one at 99 attunement
>useless outside of PvP
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.