[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>3 Years Restaurant Experience >Associates Degree >3.6

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

>3 Years Restaurant Experience
>Associates Degree
>3.6 GPA
>Need part time job
>Apply to the only place hiring
>McDonalds, easiest place to get a job
>Get declined
>>
>>26376192
probably too good for mcdonalds famalam
>>
People with degrees don't realize they need to dumb down their education for these places.

Management sees it and thinks "they're not gonna stick around" and assume this is a temp job. They want idiots to boss around. You need to be an idiot to work at McDonalds.

Or any other <10/hr work.
>>
File: neesan retard.png (30KB, 254x262px) Image search: [Google]
neesan retard.png
30KB, 254x262px
>>26376192
Being overqualified is a thing OP.
They want people with no future at McDonalds.
>>
>>26376974
It's like people don't realise that they don't want somebody overqualified because they'll be a pain in the arse.
>>
>>26377025
This. As if you you would hire someone more qualified to be in a position below you.
>>
>>26377030
But I would get paid the same amount
>>
>>26376192
Congratulations, you're officially overqualified for fast food and food service in general.
>>
>>26376192
Apply to places that aren't hiring. Ask friends, fucking parents, past professors, anything. You'd be surprised what connections will do for you.
>>
>>26377025
>fits our needs
>>
>>26377111
no, you are overqualified. you will resent the pay and the work, you will cause friction among the other employees who aren't as overqualified, and there is nothing you from dropping the job like a hot potato when something better comes along when a minimum wage worker that NEEDS the job is a better long term investment for retaining at a lower pay and doing the work.

they want you to need the job.

not job needing you.
>>
TOP KEK, THEY PUT THE WRONG DATE
>>
File: neesan what promise.png (378KB, 626x687px) Image search: [Google]
neesan what promise.png
378KB, 626x687px
>>26377111
Yes, but they already assumed you gonna be also looking for work somewhere with a better pay and will quit as soon as you get hired somewhere else, so hiring you and giving you training would be a waste of time and resources.
>>
>>26377268
that doesn't make sense, me looking for work is applying to this job. On my resume, it shows how I haven't left a place for less than 8 months
>>
>>26377111
No, they're required to pay you more due to your higher education.
>>
>>26377286
>that doesn't make sense
this is why you aren't in business for yourself more than likely.

it costs time to train you, to get you a uniform, to get you any relevent benefits, to pay the logistical train of managers, office workers, et c that support your employment, on top of your wages and the taxes and fees the employers pays for your hire.

that fixed cost is the same for an employee that is in the same circumstance (same store, same job).

given that, why on earth would an employer want to hire someone that is a flight risk (leaving the job and putting the store at risk and expense) for a better job vs hiring someone that isn't (because they need the job for bills and have little socioeconomic mobility to get a better job)?

think about it. in one, the risk of hiring you, and a replacement for you when you leave is significantly greater than hiring the other guy. ergo i would rather hire the other guy and not deal with you at all. your experience and degree does not significantly benefit fry cooking or burger making or cashiering when there are in-place controls and infrastructure that removes a lot of the human decision making element from the manufacturing process.
>>
>>26377445
they aren't actually. the only reason to pay more than the minimum wage is to be competitive against other businesses. the individual generally has no meaningful impact on the wage earned. the fact that higher pay often comes with higher education is a correlation, not a causation.
>>
>>26377286
But they assume you are also applying to not just McDonalds but other places as well and with your credentials it wouldnt be unlikely, as I said, to get hired somewhere with better conditions. A place that without a doubt you would drop your job at McDonalds to work there.
A new employee its an investment and having you its riskier than an average fuck that needs a job.

>On my resume, it shows how I haven't left a place for less than 8 months.
Thats Irrelevant, its fucking McDonalds we are talking, its the bottom of the barrel. Anyone would drop it on the instant you get something better.
>>
>>26377268
Just dumb down your resume next time OP.
No need to get into a huge debate about it.
Over qualification is a thing and that's just how society is.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.