[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /greasyhair/? >tfw shower every morning and hair

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: greasy+hair+2[1].jpg (42KB, 284x400px) Image search: [Google]
greasy+hair+2[1].jpg
42KB, 284x400px
Who here /greasyhair/?

>tfw shower every morning and hair looks like shit by half way through the day
>tfw all these products designed to add oil to "moisturize" your hair
>tfw can literally feel the grease on your scalp if you skip a shower

just fucking end me fampai

inb4 "don't wash your hair as often, it stimulates grease follicles". This is some fucking broscience bullshit
>>
>>26367484
I had the same problem, back when I still had hair.
>>
>>26367509
>back when I still had hair

Voluntary, or balding? :/
>>
>>26367531
Balding like a chemo patient.
>>
>>26367484
Was like you, now I wash 2 time a week with Alep Soap.
Lighten my hair, but works at least.
>>
File: Korean-hairstyle-for-men_03[1].jpg (65KB, 1020x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Korean-hairstyle-for-men_03[1].jpg
65KB, 1020x1023px
>>26367484
>ywn have awesome kpop hair

why even live?
>>
File: manyree.jpg (82KB, 1020x1023px) Image search: [Google]
manyree.jpg
82KB, 1020x1023px
>>26367584
I bet the normies did this. TopRee
>>
>2016
no shaved head
>>
>>26367484
Its true. I stopped washing my hair as an experiment. It got really really greasy for about 2 weeks, and after that it normalized somehow. Now my hair looks amazing every day and I never have to mess with it. To be clear I still take showers and run water through it, I just dont use shampoo or conditioner. This seems to work better with short hair than long hair.

I dont know about grease follicles or whatever, just try it. It costs you nothing, and you already look like a greasy piece of shit so you have very little to lose.
>>
>ywn
What is this new meme? I've been out awhile
>>
>coworkers at old job used to call me Severus Snape
>can blot my hair on a piece of paper and have grease come off
>24 fucking years old, shower every day, shampoo+condition every 2-3 days, still have this issue
It's not hormonal, it's not my diet, I exercise, get enough sunlight, sleep normally, I don't know what the fuck is wrong with me.
>>
>>26367909
ywn= you will never
>>
>>26367909
you will never
oribigal
>>
>>26367924
Tip top protips:

>ALWAYS shower in the morning, never at night
>Immediately towel dry hair and blow dry it in direction you want it to stay
>Use a light amount of non-oily product, i.e. a very thick matte wax rather than an oily cream
>Copious amounts of hair spray, especially on underside of bangs

Wearing a hat if going somewhere windy stops it getting all rekt
>>
>>26367924
>>26368140
Forgot #1 rule as well, don't fucking use conditioner. It is literally designed to add grease to your hair.

Stay away from anything "hydrating" or shit like that, that's gonna add oils too. Go for "clarifying" shampoo.

Also, shampoo once, rinse, then shampoo again.

People will probably tell you it will fuck up your hair but even if that were true (which it isn't) you've got nothing to lose at this point.
>>
Talcum powder
>>
>>26368140
>always shower in the morning
I do this
>immediately towel-dry hair
I also do this
>blow dry
Don't do this, I don't want heat damage on top of everything else
>light amount of product
I've tried a ton of different serums, waxes, creams, pomades and gels, and nothing helps, they all just make my hair look worse.
>hair spray
you absolute madman
I have long hair with no bangs, hairspray would do nothing but make my hair look even more shit.
>>26368175
>don't fucking use conditioner
I'll try not using it for a little while and see if it helps.
>shampoo once, rinse, shampoo again
wouldn't that strip my hair of its natural oils and make it produce even more?
>>
Used to have that problem, here's how you fix it. Buy a bottle of dry shampoo and a bottle of head and shoulders conditioner. Skip one shower. I know it's gonna blow cock but you gotta do it. The next morning, use only conditioner in the shower, and carry the dry shampoo with you. Sprinkle a little in halfway through your day and work it into your scalp. It will absorb and crazy excess oil your scalp produces. Stop washing your hair with gel shampoo, especially if it contains sulfates, because they're incredibly damaging to the proteins your hair is made up of, and will dry them out, leading to your scalp producing more oil to make up for it.

It's a shitty cycle but literally all you gotta do is not wash your hair as much, as retarded as that may sound.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 284x426px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 284x426px
Dry shampoo, OP. The best stuff I use is pic related. It's expensive as shit but literally I used to have to wash my hair once a day because it'd be dripping in grease after 6 hours. Now I just spray this shit on whenever it gets greasy and I can avoid washing my hair for like at least 3 days. Don't know how healthy it is, don't care.
>>
Try keeping it short. My hair gets greasy as fug when long but doesn't when I keep it around an inch or so.
>>
>>26367484
i stopped using shampoo and my hair stopped being greasy, - i don't even get the two week delay people claim, it was within 2-3 days. being no-poo for about 3 years, and my hair actually gets too dry now from time to time if have a shower thats too hot, i think that's due to the heat removing the last traces of grease. i also used to have really bad dandruff, or rather lumps of flesh gunk due to the grease, and that's also gone.
bro science or not, shampoo is a total gimmick. but conditioner works as described if used very sparingly.
>>
>>26368348
>wouldn't that strip my hair of its natural oils and make it produce even more?

Read OP's spoilertext.

It's literally natural oils that are causing your hair to be like this.
>>
>>26367484
Did you try different shampoos? Is your hat greasy as fuck?
I guess some people just get their hair greasy more often. I also heard the more often you shampoo the faster it gets greasy.
>>
>>26368728
The no-poo meme is fucking awful. Some guy at work has been doing it for a couple months now and he looks disgusting every day. I think he's just deluded himself into thinking it's okay to be greasy or gotten used to it or something.

Probably is more healthy, but it looks awful. Maybe it's the product he uses, fuck knows.
>>
>>26367484
Stop using shampoo and wash your hair everyday with water. Your hair will be greasy for a week or two (or longer depending on length of hair) but after that your scalp will adjust and produce less oil

>haven't used shampoo in more than a year and my hair is thicker, softer, doesn't smell and doesn't need gel to shape
>>
File: 1437704183742.jpg (22KB, 300x333px) Image search: [Google]
1437704183742.jpg
22KB, 300x333px
>>26368877
>I also heard the more often you shampoo the faster it gets greasy.

Literally the equivalent of fat people saying if you don't eat enough you gain weight because your metabolism "slows down".
>>
File: 1454545419393.png (288KB, 567x642px) Image search: [Google]
1454545419393.png
288KB, 567x642px
>>26368908
>doesn't need gel to shape

that's because it's full of grease
>>
File: 1336898487010.jpg (23KB, 362x372px) Image search: [Google]
1336898487010.jpg
23KB, 362x372px
>>26368908
>doesn't smell and doesn't need gel to shape
>>
>>26368921
Are you fucking with me? It's not even remotely close.
>>
>>26368937
No, doesn't look or feel greasy. Just has the oil your scalp produces which gives it shape and makes it easier to control.
>>
>>26367484
i've been no-poo since last feb, so this month makes a whole year.

only water for me thanks.

t. white guy with short hair.
>>
>>26367854
I do this too, here's some advice
first wash your hair in a very warm water and scrub your scalp with the tips of your fingers (not nails!!)
then wash your hair in cold water, this is to remove the poof effect and because cold water is healthy for hair

and that's it, no shampoosno conditioners, nothing
>>
I went no-poo. Looked like shit for a month or so (have long hair), now it looks really soft and non-greasy.

Then after about 6 months I tried shampoo again because smells nice. After the third time my hair looked more greasy than I'd ever seen it. Was disgusting. So stopped using shampoo and it went back to soft after 1-2 weeks.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.