[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bet being loved feels pretty good

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1425721229099.png (9KB, 446x399px) Image search: [Google]
1425721229099.png
9KB, 446x399px
I bet being loved feels pretty good
>>
Not really, everyone is in it for themselves, don't forget that.
>>
Probably not. You would always have to worry about disappointing somebody.
>>
>>26359972
this trust no one
>>
>>26359917
The columbine killers had girlfriends
>>
>>26359972
>>26360022
this only applies to selfish people
>>
>>26360022
not even yourself
>>
It's pretty much being used to make someone feel better about their self.
>>
>>26359917
Love doesn't exist, faggot. Women are shit and only care about themselves, anything they tell you/do for you should be taken with a pinch of salt.
>>
>>26360894
Everyone is selfish.
>>
>>26360935
If that were true the world would be in a much WORSE state than it is today. Charities wouldn't exist. Donations would not exist. Volunteering wouldn't exist. Humanitarians wouldn't exist.

No Anon, some, most, a lot of people are selfish. Not everyone. Everyone can be selfish, just as everyone is capable of being selfless.

And when two selfish people fall for each other, they either change, or they remain selfish and the end result of that is pretty obvious.
>>
>>26360993
People who give money give it away because they can. They have money to waste and derive pleasure from donating to charity. No one does anything that their brain does not consider as being something that will benefit the person over the alternative. Think of any action, seemingly selfless or no, and you can quite easily spot the ways in which it directly benefits the person performing the act. The most extreme example of someone supposedly purposely making their life worse can be seen in persons who inflict damage upon themselves out of guilt. Superficially, it appears that the person is angry at himself or feels guilty, and might damage his body or attempt to cause "distress." In reality, what he is doing is by tricking himself into thinking that he is making his life worse, he gains self-pity, the opposite of guilt, and thus reduces his guilt levels.
>>
>>26361684
those are lovely sentiments still doesn't change the fact that people can be selfish just as they can be selfless
>>
>>26361684
>>26360993
Even if you give money away for no other reason than it making you feel good that's still technically a selfish reason

How many people donate to charity for no other reason than brownie points with Jesus? It's all still for the end goal of a better seat in heaven.
>>
>>26361953
This. Ultimate theoretical selfishness of all actions doesn't invalidate the fact that those actions can still be 'egoistic-selfish' or 'altruistic-selfish'.

Humorously, you can think of it as
>I love me some helping myself.
versus
>I love me some helping others.
>>
>>26359917

When we learn to love and BE loved, we come home to the hearth of our own spirit.

Real love begins with paying attention-- With a gracious act of self-forgetting.

This is the condition in which we grow.
>>
>>26359972

Human self-interest is no great revelation. But that's only one facet or something much more complex.

Get over yourself, you're not some great sage of all things human.
>>
>>26359972
Doesn't mean it's not great if everyone gets something out of it
>>
We love because he first (God) loved us
>>
File: 1449838428563.png (57KB, 267x304px) Image search: [Google]
1449838428563.png
57KB, 267x304px
I love how robots always think they're paragons of perspicacity when they realize selfishness is one of humanity's defining features.
Aren't you a bunch of geniuses?
Of course every single thing people do is out of self-interest and done in order to maximize their perceived "value" and happiness. Even people wiping aids-ridden asses for free in Africa do it because in their value system it makes them worth more in their eyes: they attach a "wealth" measured in reputation, "karma" and human contact, or they get to feel superior because of a different moral framework etc.
Bottom line is nothing is ever free when dealing with people, doesn't mean your angsty teen-level conclusions "everything is shit m8" are valid: at the end of the day aids-ridden asses still get wiped, some food gets to the poor because a ngo jerk wants to feel good about it, you helped your neighbor put out that fire because you need him to do the same when it'll be your shit burning, and people pair in couples because they make each other feel good about themselves.
Everyone knows that, that's why nobody wants to get together with the deluded jerk who would be entirely dependent on a relationship to feel good about himself, because you gotta be reasonably selfish and feel good about yourself to sustain healthy dealings with your fellow humans.
>>
>little shits who never been loved by mommy and daddy telling everyone humans dont love and act only out of self interest

the problem isnt you are vile, the problem is you actually believe all the bullshit you spout, then cry in a corner when its proved otherwise by others
>>
File: CANTWASHITOFF.jpg (7KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
CANTWASHITOFF.jpg
7KB, 259x194px
>>26360904
This
Sometimes it feels like killing myself would be the only way to purify myself
>>
>>26362820
Spoken like a child in his jaded bubble. The worlds not as bleak as you want to believe.
>>
>>26362842
>proved otherwise
nice meme

People are either nice because it benefits them or they're deluded and stupid

FACT
>>
>>26362953
Did you read what I wrote?
I'm not saying it's bleak at all, I'm saying that people only ever do stuff out of either necessity or self-interest, which has awesome consequences.
I love the world the way it is and enjoy life very much in general.
What I dispute is the #im14andthisisdeep mentality and that being aware of what makes people tick doesn't necessarily makes everything shit and not worth living.
>>
>>26362820
wew intellectually story brow
>>
>>26363022
I just don't buy the whole true altruism doesn't exist
>>
>>26362960
>i am 12 and mommy left us at 5
>>
Yeah but would it cure my lymphoma?
>>
File: 1454991793465.jpg (93KB, 790x466px) Image search: [Google]
1454991793465.jpg
93KB, 790x466px
>>26363135
It might make it less painful.
>>
>>26362820
>>26362842
Curious question but how do you newfags learn about 4chan these days?
>>
>>26363069
That's ok if you don't, we can agree to disagree.
My system makes sense tough and I never found a counter-example for which a motivation/gain can't be found if you think about it hard enough.
People like to think we're something special because our behavior is supposedly not governed by determinism and that this "irrationality" or ours is some kind of redeeming quality or strength to glorify, and an easy excuse on which to blame our shortcomings.
The truth of it is, to me, that this wishful "irrationality" is just a mix of animal instincts (which makes sense) and an unconscious rationality, a rationality on autopilot.
Example: (normal) people find abhorrent to not love/care for your kids, that's because we have a strong instinct from our biological history to care for our offspring and the entirety of humanity's cultural history, building up on this premise, made it utterly unacceptable.
That is something you integrate (usually) in your childhood when it's associated with the concept of love, so of course it doesn't usually even need to be discussed to be accepted, doesn't mean there isn't a logic to it.
And this is a tremendously good thing: produces healthy individuals, societal stability, low stress levels in both parents and kids etc. Just because love can be explained in a rational way doesn't mean it loses its value. Unless the value you attach to it is derived from the romantic "decorum" this "irrationality" gives it; then of course admitting it can be explained makes it lose that value, which is why you try the harder to defend it, even at the price of a non-coherent worldview.

And everything can be seen in this light, I'm not saying you should accept this explanation but it's the worldview I built and it leads to very interesting conclusions, doesn't leave you as distressed as you can possibly be when faced with a behavior/situation you don't understand and allows you to kinda be at peace with the world and the shenanigans of people.
>>
>>26363226
Apart from the obvious butthurt, do you think 4chan is some internet secret society people have to answer riddles to a sphinx to gain access to...?
>>
>>26363153
Too bad, that sounds nice. Nice things don't happen for me
>>
>>26359917
Why is Pepe's benis 100 celsius?
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.