[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else fantasize about just leaving your current life

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 146
Thread images: 17

File: 789797.jpg (134KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
789797.jpg
134KB, 500x375px
Does anyone else fantasize about just leaving your current life and train hopping away? Having no home, no family, no obligations, no society, no anything. Just you and the world. Go where you want. Sleep on the trains, travel the country, perhaps even cure your social anxiety while you're out there.
>>
>>26358217
Yea man, at least once a month. It has more to do with my desires to travel and experience new things, which would be bretty gud.
>>
>>26358217
I think about it often. Ive never really had the desire to own a home.
>>
I would love to, but I need a good place to shit. I can live eating nothing but grass, I don't fucking care, but I NEED a clean toilet.
>>
I'm going to do this after I graduate. Just me and the road.
>>
>>26358375
How will you get food though?
>>
Not in a way connected to me in real life, but I often like to imagine that I am some other person with no ties who is traveling on a wild adventure.

Sometimes these fantasies are miserable and realistic, other times they are sci-fi and or fantasy.
>>
>>26358419
Just saving as much money as I can now and when I run out I'll figure it out
>>
File: pxxpxx.png (28KB, 683x501px) Image search: [Google]
pxxpxx.png
28KB, 683x501px
>>26358217

Think about it every single day. I just don't want to get harassed by hobos, cops, and other degenerates. Sleeping on benches and Showering in bathrooms won't be fun.

It's also only a temporary respite. Eventually, you have to turn to panhandling after your savings run out. In honesty, while I think it would be a nice taste of freedom, it probably wouldn't help any of my mental issues. Still wanna do it though
>>
Think about just driving away and living in my car
>>
>actually did this

It led to some cool shit but honestly it gets old pretty quickly. You quickly put things in perspective and realise the comfy life is supreme.
>>
>>26358664
I almost think it's worth it just for the perspective.

For a long time I just thought about being the last man on earth to help me fall asleep, or other things just related to raw survival. It's a comfy thought at least.
>>
>>26358457
write that shit down you retarded faggot I need a good read, entertain your superiors.
>>
>>26358217
I basically do live this way, No train, I live in a van, but life is honestly not the worst.
I think about just embracing it permanently often .
I will need a better power supply to run vidya though, I can run a crappy DoS terminal and nothing more.
>>
>>26359500
Alright, which angle do you want a quick greentext of? Sci fi, fantasy?
>>
>>26359545
Idc, give me which you think is the most interesting, maybe you got anything that's a cross over of both? kinda?

>>26359534
U too faggot, entertain your robot commander, I'm sure you got some interesting shit to tell.
>>
>>26359564
Alright. This one is kind of science fiction. Figure it's about a century after aliens tried and failed to colonize earth. Humans have mostly rebuilt but there are a lot of places where no one lives that have been reclaimed with nature after the destruction of infrastructure. Descendants of aliens that failed to colonize the planet still live around and have never seen their homeworld.

A girl in her teens abandons her farming commune to see what nature is like and to look through the hundred year old ruins of cities. She is reasonably confident of herself, but overestimates her abilities.

She meets an alien on her wanderings and they travel together, becoming friends and watching each others' backs in nature and when passing through what travel roads are maintained by humans.

They eventually make it to the forests of the pacific northwest.
>>
>>26359564
>Be up in area where cellphones, internet and even Radios are not known to work for some sort of spooky /x/worthy reason.
>be chilling on DoS games at about 12am
>see orange glow out of forest to the west.
>assume it's a fire
>glow turns blue
>have no clue what to think now
>oh shit, what if it's mr popo, they gonna wanna know what I'm doing up here.
>high tale it....slowly
>drive up a path I know that takes me to an overlook of the road
>Well shit, it ain't the popo, but a truck built for off road with warning lights.
>a guy with a black hard hat sees me, he gets his buddy, they run right up the cliff
>oh shit oh shit oh shit
>put on my cool guy shades and light up a cig
>he knocks on my window
>I roll it down
>sup.png
>"Do you want to explain what you are doing up here in the middle of the night?"
>"Do you wanna explain to me what you are doing down there in the middle of the night?"
>"It does not concern you"
>"Well there ya go"
>roll up window
>grab my machete in case this sucker tries doing anything I will have to make him regret
>put my shit in reverse
>He starts yelling at me "GET THE FUCK BACK HERE"
>I give him the finger
>he trows a rock at me
>luckily he didn't damage anything but it sounded like he did so I put it in drive and rushed his ass
>he shat himself and he fell down the cliff
>I laugh my ass off and even roll down my window so he can hear it
>his other friend just walks away casually.
>flick my cig at him, unfortunately miss
>leave
>following night I drive up there again, see that these fags actually have the map of a secret bomb shelter that was built up there during cold war times, but later buried when it was proven to have no use
>it was used by a spooky company from back then
>>
If my wife leaves me ever, im 60% sure i'll kill myself, 40% i'll head out west and look for some discreet person who is willing to let me work off the books for room/board and lose contact with everyone I knew
>>
>>26359731
that's actually interesting.
like make that into a detailed novel, even if you don't release it.
>>
>>26358217
Did it. For a year and a half. Put a couple of boxes of computer hardware, drives etc in a family member's closet. Left my car in a friend's garage. Quit my job, closed my apartment lease and got rid of everything else. Backpacked around the world. Blew 40k (all I had). Returned to nothing. Worked my way back to living like a good citizen after a few months. New furniture, new apartment now etc. It was so much more easier to do than I imagined. The hardest part was the first minute of my journey. Getting rid of shit and walking on to a plane....
>>
File: NEETbug.jpg (60KB, 435x409px) Image search: [Google]
NEETbug.jpg
60KB, 435x409px
>>26359898

>wanting to go back to the wagecuck life

I guess some are just meant to be slaves
>>
>>26359882
>>26359731

>female protagonist

dropped. your story can't be interesting because women can't face hardship.
>>
Ok, after reading bth of your stories your leader has a consensus

>>26359731
You need to make this shit into more faggot, ake an audio book on soundcloud or something, your king demands it
>>26359861
you win points for the funnier of the two, what was this "spooky company" called?
>>
>>26359880
Head west. Never kill yourself over pussy. That's all it is. That shit falls out of trees in California.
>>
File: 674586576.png (6KB, 679x427px) Image search: [Google]
674586576.png
6KB, 679x427px
>>26359971
Not this pussy man. She's all there is for me. And we just had a really shitty week.

But yeah, hitching to Yellowstone and working there sounds pretty awesome
>>
>>26358217
All the time. It's a shame I'm such a coward though.
>>
>>26358217
>Does anyone else fantasize about just leaving your current life?
Yes that is why I'm joining the military. Don't have to tell anyone about it, can just up and go.
>>
>>26359993
Trust me. There's one bitch in this world with a billion different faces. Better yourself. Get out there man. Tell a hot 22 year old with giant tits that you have weed. She'll jump on you dude.
>>
>>26358217
No. The hobo life is for hobos. They don't want or need normie shits any more than we do.
>>
>>26359921
Not quite. Because I've been on the other side of the mirror. I give these fools no power over me. Because I know I can bounce and what I am capable of. It gets annoying, I'll leave again.
>>
>>26359967
>an audio book on soundcloud
Do it faggot

and yeah, I got more use out of my library card searching for this than I ever did before even adding up.
but I found VERY little, all I was able to find is that they were called "RB Heddings"
They were one of the only PMCs in my state.
what they dealt in was never released to the public. but I was never able to confirm the bunker was even there, though I imagine since the area also has a million other weird occurrences I can't imagine it being that unrealistic.
>>
>>26358217
I do. I'm not adventurous, but I always think of the possibility.

I've always been an outcast. "That guy" at school, at college (which I quit), to the family. Almost no friends.

Then I got a few friends and a long-term girlfriend. I don't know why I was around that piece of shit for so many years, really. I broke up. She was very harmful and she took away my friends with her, she made up their minds and now I hate them too.

I've been through shit and back.

And now I found the best person in the world and I was happy. I'll never understand why she likes this shitty me the same way I like her. And then things got complicated, Ithink I scared her away.

I feel like dying or running away, I can't take this life anymore. I always mess everything up. And I'm not important enough for anybody.
>>
>>26358217
I'm trying to get this lesbian girl to train hop with me after I buy a banjo so we can make some money busking. Maybe if this happens she will love me. Or realistically it never will and if it did she would abandon me somewhere in Minnesota.
>>
>>26360286

get like 2 states over and then rape and abandon her. post pics here
>>
>>26359882
>>26359967
Thanks anons, I have characters constructed and a lot of ideas about the setting but very little in the way of specific problems for them to deal with.

A lot of the human's story has to be coming of age shit as she attempts to reclaim lost elements of human culture that she hopes will be more meaningful to her than her current life (which I think is something that a lot of teenagers deal with), while the alien's story is mostly dealing with the fact that he will always be seen as an alien, even on the only planet he has ever known with no ties to his species culture or beginnings of ideas of what his history is.
>>
>>26358217
OP you should read "into the wild". its about this privileged brat who did exactly what you want to do and he ended up starving to death alone in the woods
>>
>>26360327
>but very little in the way of specific problems for them to deal with.
figure it out, use my story as the base for one, but do make a soundcloud audio book, that site needs OC that isn't dank mixtapes.
>>
>>26358217
I plan on doing this, I'm saving up a bit now just so I can get food and maybe a place to stay every once in a while

Doubt I'll be gone very long
>>
>>26358217
I did this, but across the world. I just upped and left. Didn't tell anyone. Probably the reason why I'm a normie now. It saved my life. I was going to kill myself when I returned, but the experiences were too great, that it gave me something to hold on to.
>>
>>26360380
>projecting

bloxbloxbloxblocks
>>
>>26360408
>normie
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE3333EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE(original)EEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>26360384
I'm more likely to share it on pastebin. I have neither a good voice nor a good microphone.

>>26360380
He was a tremendous brat and I hated his guts through the entire book but the more recent thinking was that he poisoned himself misidentifying plants. The author included it in the book in the edition that I have.
>>
>>26358217
Every damn day of this hellish existence.
>>
none of you have the will to get off the computer, i doubt you could survive a few days on a train
>>
>>26358217
Spend $100 on a camping stove, backpack, and sleeping bag, and apply for ebt. Are you cucks even trying?
>>
I did something like it before but only for a couple of months. If I had the inclination would I do it again? Perhaps, but only if I had the money to get a hotel room every time I needed it. Sleeping on random floors, hopping awake at night because you imagined someone creeping up on you, hiding from the cops, and drifting out of context with everybody around you can get disorienting. I liked awake at night thinking I've gone crazy in ways that never quite occurred to me when I stayed in a room.

But basically every single day is guided by where you're going to get your next meals and where you're going to end up sleeping. Sometimes these questions resolve in an agreeable way, but if you just let them go you can find yourself in a terrible situation.

Honestly it made me feel alive. It did do wonders for my social anxiety, not because I really talked to anybody, but mostly because being exposed to an endless barrage of strangers for long enough they just become part of the scenery. What really got my anxiety going is feeling people has me on the hook for shit, but for that to happen they can't be total strangers.
>>
I kind of did that but with a boat. Best experience of my life.
>>
>>26360738
Elaborate. Sounds very interesting.
>>
>>26360816
I went to spend time with an uncle who did research in the South Pacific, Vanuatu specifically. I basically ended up becoming a beach bum though before we left for Fiji but when I got there I met a shaman who needed help with English. So pretty much for the duration of my stay in Fiji I was island hopping on a voyaging canoe. I've never experienced anything like that kind of freedom and serenity. Don't want to sound cheesy but it changed my life, there's really nothing to make you look at your life like going the ocean.
>>
>>26358217

Are you 12 or something?
Living on the street is miserable.
You don't seem to gasp how hard things are, because you never left you comfortable room with internet access and potable water, a toilet, shower and food.
I'd suggest you to go for it.
You wouldn't last 3 days.
>>
>>26360907
Sounds amazing anon, I wish I could do something like that.
>>
>>26360982
probably this.
if you run away OP, live in a car or something. don't think you're gonna bumb around outside and still be happy.
>>
>>26361017
I've looked into the feasibility of doing it again, since I miss the experience, the feeling. It's not as hard as it sounds, there's people that basically go island hitch hiking on people's boats or cheap ferry's on almost no money. They basically backpack between islands. If you've got actual experience, people will also hire you no problem.
>>
File: 1454301911380.jpg (633KB, 1024x690px) Image search: [Google]
1454301911380.jpg
633KB, 1024x690px
You know the problem, every time I think of something like this, I get lost in the little details. Like what to take with me in my backpack. I don't want it to be a heavy backpack, so I can have easy mobility, but there are all those little items that I end up adding to the list, and even half of it can't fit in a backpack that isn't huge.

Can someone please narrow the item list down for me? what are the essentials?
>>
>>26359898
What was it.. like? How much did you plan? Where did you sleep? How often did you move?

I fantasize about doing something like this too, but i'm an ugly virgin with social anxiety. I don't know what i would get out of this. I just wanna walk. Just bring nothing but my laptop and ukulele and walk.
>>
>>26361154
huh looks like the house in evil dead
>>
>>26358538
Pro tip: Just ask for some. If you're a traveller people love to give food.
>>
File: 51k1DpEejpL.jpg (36KB, 326x500px) Image search: [Google]
51k1DpEejpL.jpg
36KB, 326x500px
>>26358217
no man, just you
what an original mind and a free spirit

you should write 'free verse' poetry and fuck young boys, too
>>
I want a home, a beautiful house that is beautifully decorated and has things that mean something and weren't just picked randomly and then I'd want to travel the world knowing in the back of my head that there's always something I could go back to

And absolutely want a partner to do all of this with
>>
>>26361231
girls aren't allowed to post on this board
>>
>>26361222
oh, right. the smart kids think it's cool to hate On the Road.

i fucking hate smart kids
>>
>>26360982

You can find potable water and food and steal it for free at literally any market. Toilets are in pretty much every restaurant. Showers can be find at truckstops and nationwide gyms.

Living on the streets is literally incredibly easy if you're not a retard, and is life on comfy-mode if you have a car.

t. homeless anon
>>
>>26361254
I am ridiculously lonely and have all these dreams of being with someone, I'm apathetic about everything else, including school.

I have 500.000$ inheritance that I want to spend on that apartment somewhere in a decent city and then we could just work for the furniture and all that stuff
>>
File: 1446404548143.jpg (65KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
1446404548143.jpg
65KB, 500x453px
>>26361154
no real essentials, shit you don't even need the bag depending on what you're doing. just take whatever you want. being... resourceful? able to improvise? is more important. just use your fuckin head a little i dunno. it's better to tackle problems and pick stuff up as you need it than over prepare. personally my #1 favorite pick was a head lamp, super super useful thing to have.
>>
>>26361302
nah man it can get tough fast with no income, one little slip means tickets, suspended license, towing, and then you never see your car again.
>>
>>26361402

All those things can be avoided with literally an ounce of common sense. It isn't possible to have no income. The government will literally give you money if you're that desperate.
>>
>>26361343
furniture will never make you happy, it will always disappoint you

girls are not allowed to post on this board
>>
>>26361445
A home will, a partner will
I'm so tired of this shit
>>
>>26361429
maybe in first world countries, but in america you don't get shit unless you're female, black, or over 60.
>>
>>26358217
How would you get money to perpetuate this kind of life style?
>>
>sleep on trains
And get murdered by a hobo or railroad police in the middle of nowhere? No thanks
>>
I just want a simple life and this would do it. However, apart from being a coward afraid of major life changes I feel like escaping society is temporary and it will continue to expand and worm its way into your life no matter where you go and what you do. And so I just keep going with the wagecuck life telling myself I'll try to make a difference from the inside.
>>
>>26360211
How old are you, anon? Unless you're like 65, it's no big deal to mess up a few important things in your life. We learn as we go along. I fucked up a few things over the years, but in the end everything worked out great for me. There was a time when I was thinking about becoming an hero simply because I was so frustrated with everything.
>>
>>26359020
It's definitely worth it for the perspective. I mean when you're sleeping in a ditch, all on your own, getting bitten by mosquitoes and craving a hot shower your old life seems pretty fucking royal.

Also you will feel pretty autistic walking through towns buying food and supplies while geared up like a hobo.
>>
>>26362025
I'm 32, m8. I'm glad things are doing alright for you.

I felt alive for the first time in years and now I'm feeling like nothing matters.

I don't see a point anymore. She wants me to be happy and take care of myself, but I hate myself. I could just delegate my responsibilities and end my life.

In a way that she doesn't find out, preferably. I'm sure that she'll be happier without me anyway.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Yeah, but I'm pretty much doing it. Almost finished with university, have a job, and have still been to about 30 countries in the past three years. Currently in Delhi - used to live here for a bit and have stayed this time for about three months.

Pic related, is close to where I stay
>>
>>26362476
How did you start? Greentext pls

I wish I was in 30 countries
>>
File: ww2ghetto.gif (2MB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
ww2ghetto.gif
2MB, 400x304px
>>26358217
I had a very abusive household and I ran away in 1999. I just didn't care, it wasn't even for attention. I was just tired of it, so I walked out the fucking door one day and became a bum in downtown San Diego.

I was the happiest I'd been in years, and it was definitely a very good thing I did it. I was down there for a bit over 6 months like that. Banded together with some other "runaway" teens my own age. Most of us had the same situation, and we looked out for each other/they taught me to defend myself. For the first time in my life I wasn't being picked on, having the crap kicked out of me, or condescendingly spoken down to by adults, school staff, etc. I was completely free.

If I hadn't done it, I would've ended up very badly. Its amazing just how great you can feel by giving everything the bird. I didn't care that I was going hungry sometimes even, at least I didn't have to worry about the other laundry list of shit. People would look through me- they just didn't care, and I loved it that way.
>>
Anyone here done this in Australia?

How it work out for ya?
>>
>>26362567
>>26362539
Funny you should mention, I live there now. What amazes me is how few homeless I see here. I imagine with the bushy culture you could just offer to do work on peoples properties or farms in this country. A bit like how America used to be, the folk are a lot friendlier in Australia. I wouldn't exactly try it in the big city, unless you mean to use those backpacker hostels that are so very popular. I hear they can be dens for bad shit though. In the US, I would've chosen a bonafied shelter over a hostel any day. Thats exactly what I did, in fact.
>>
>>26362539
Heh. Coming out of Marine Corps boot camp in San Diego, I saw a bunch of bums like you getting into fights over scraps like dogs in various places around downtown. Good times.
>>
>>26362539
Dang that sounds cool, well not cool for you but you know what i mean.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>26362535

I don't have my laptop and am in a bar (boring day), so no long stories.

Always wanted to travel since I was a really young kid. I'm only 22 now. Got a couple of food delivery jobs when I was 19 and worked a ton for my first few years or college. Took my first trip the same summer and went to Turkey, Greece, Iraq, Georgia, Armenia, the UAE, Bahrain, India, and Kazakhstan. The next year I saved more money, hitchhiked and camped around the Ring Road in Iceland, flew to Edinburgh, and then hitchhiked from London to Istanbul with some stops along the way.

Going to graduate in about a year. Lost
My virginity on my first trip, had a girlfriend (now ex) by the end, and really built up my confidence and social skills on the second. Was in Colombia back in September and have been in India since early December.

Pic from my friends place in Bogota
>>
>>26362593
It wasn't so bad when I did it, but then again we kept to ourselves and our own little "territory" which was near balboa park. We'd even lift and stuff in a public gym by there.

I knew it could get bad as fuck in Imperial or Logan, we just wouldn't go there even for freebies. We did go to City Heights for free haircuts at a fundraiser though. Funny, I actually ate better in the shelters back then, than in my shitty house with family. All sorts of people loved their tax deductibles, sometimes we'd go in and a chinese place had trucked in their own buffet table and filled it to the brim. Dudes looking smug as we tore into it and thanked them.
>>
>>26362640
>trucked in a buffet table

I cant even imagine how awesome that would feel to see as a hungry hobo
>>
>>26358217
>Does anyone else fantasize about just leaving your current life and train hopping away?
> travel the country, perhaps even cure your social anxiety while you're out there

yes. I even make a bit of money online so could support myself. But there is a vicious circle:
>perhaps even cure your social anxiety while you're out there
I'm too scared to leave. And would I even enjoy it if I did, being around people...
>>
>>26359534
>>26359861
>Capitalising DOS like DoS.
bitch please
>>
all the time. I want to see the world unconventially
>>
>>26362632
>went to Turkey, Greece, Iraq, Georgia, Armenia, the UAE, Bahrain, India, and Kazakhstan
>hitchhiked from London to Istanbul with some stops along the way
absolute madman

How do you even prepare for a trip like that? How did you not get killed?
>>
since a lot of robots have this feel surely a few of us could band together and make it happen
hell even pack a camcorder and record it, Im sure people would watch it
>>
>>26362852

I didn't prepare in the slightest and I never do. I prefer not making much of a schedule so that I don't feel obligated to be in a certain place on any particular date. For example, I wound up staying with a Croatian famiky in Zaponja, along the Bosnian border, and then going to Sarajevo, even though I had originally intended to shoot straight from Trieste to Belgrade in a day.

Didn't know shit about Colombia when I went. I only chose that country because the ticket was like $400 round trip with Delta, but I ended up loving the place.

Honestly, the only city I have no desire to go back to is Athens. Place was a total let down.
>>
>>26359898
>40k
>nothing
I want stupid middle class americans to leave.
>>
>>26362888

>Large group of robots all meet up somewhere, and then strike out into the world together
>Go amazing places, share amazing experiences
>One by one though, the group starts to thin out, whether it's robots just not able to keep up or want to go home, end up liking a place so much they stay behind to make a new life for themselves, get lost or even end up dead in dangerous places
>By the end of returning to the place where the journey started, only a couple are left
>All of it is filmed
>>
>>26362888
That actually sounds interesting.
>>
>>26358217
yes, but this ain't the 20th century anymore, there are less opportunities, so i have less chances of survival if i did it now.
>>
>>26362888
I'd do it. I'm full well able to travel but the biggest thing always preventing me is not wanting to travel on my own.
>>
>>26363010

I made a couple posts earlier. Travel by yourself. It really made me so much more confident, you have no idea. Sometimes it gets lonely - I'm drinking in a bar in India by myself at 4pm right now - but I have plans for later and friends all across the world.
>>
>>26363035
I have traveled by myself and I hated it.
>>
>>26362937
>rape and kill each other because autism
>>
its just a nice fantasy. in reality i'd go crazy in about a week.

all i want is to be a normie with a solid job and a loving gf.
>>
I'm leaving as soon as I finish high school. I've got about year left.
>>
>>26363051
Actually I'd imagine the locals wherever the robots go, to do the raping and killing.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 400x386px
>>26362937
>starting off every robot would be interviewed
>they are a mixture of fatties, aspies, autists, neckbeards, true robots and failed normies
>maybe even a fembot or two
>one failed normie inevitabley tries to become the chad
>enraged robots club him to death with melee weapons
>they then mass rape the fembots with the force of a million exploding suns
>other failed normies attempt to white knight the fembots
>they too get clubbed to death
>a police manhunt is organized to track down these robots who flee the scene in ill fitting beltless wallmart denims, naruto hoodies and white new balance sneakers
>one by one they are all caught and sentenced to prison
>they are interviewed in prison after having been tyrones cock sock for months
>tfw the beta uprising was all recorded on film
>>
>>26362937

>The few that make it all the way back, are no longer recognizable from their original selves
>They're not normies, cyborgs or chads, but they're no longer robots either
>They're men

The journey is the destination.
>>
>>26358217
I would love to do that provided i have unlimited cash in the bank.
>>
>>26358457
I used to do this
I'd write really elaborate plotlines down
But I'm never going to write out a full book
>>
>>26363035
Yeah traveling across the world and meeting all kinds of people sounds very romantic. But i lived in a dorm once, and all i did was stay in my room as much as i could.
Maybe i just don't like being social. I still feel lonely though.

Anyway just curious how do you do it? Do you just travel to a new town, find a place to sleep then hit the bars at nights to meet people?
>>
>>26363109
I would love watched that and That would be an awesome indie film.
>>
how hard is it to deal with passport and visa stuff when constantly traveling? do you have to plan a lot ahead of time? what essentials do you carry with you?
>>
if a group of robots wanted to travel around different countries which would be the way to do it cheapest?
would the best bet be to buy a ticket to africa, buy a jeep and all sleep in it?
>>
>>26363170

I'm not overly social, but if you feel like meeting people, it isn't too hard - especially in countries that don't get very many foreign tourists.

If I know I'm going to a particular city at a time then I'll usually do some research to at least find a place to stay. In some counties, like Turkey or Bosnia, you can just wander from hotel to hotel and find a place for a few dollars that'll fulfill your needs. In India I usually prebook because shitty hotels don't cost much less than decent hotels but can easily ruin a day or night.

Not really a bar guy. I made a few friends last week here in Delhi when I was having a fight with my girlfriend on the phone. Went and asked them for a cigarette and spent four days hanging out drinking and getting high.

I've come to realise that I'm not a bar or club guy. I have a good sense of humour and am good at talking, but that's just not my scene. As long as you can learn to make people laugh and get over a fear of talking to strangers, you'll be okay.

Probably sounds stupid, but traveling really helped me get over a fear of rejection. I genuinely don't care what strangers think of me any more, within reason: if you fuck up a situation, you'll probably never see that person or those people ever again. We're all just starring in our own personal dramas, and we don't attract the attention of most folks for more than a short period of time

Kinda drunk sorry
>>
>>26358217
Of course but that's a waste of time it won't achieve anything I'd rather improve myself in more orthodox ways

And when any romantic idea such as this comes to mind I can't but feel that even if executed well it wouldn't be genuine as it is the 21st century and shit
>>
get some balls, a friend or two, and do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO3-AAVTeDA
>>
>>26363109
Could see it going one of two ways.

>The robots while traveling through a more dangerous part of the world, get mixed up in actual combat/civil war of some country
>Some die, but the survivors end up becoming a hardened paramilitary fighting force that travels around the world from conflict to conflict, armed and content to kill normies
>FSF - Feelers without borders

or

>Group tensions of traveling together rise overtime
>While going through some third world country, conflict happens and the normies or failed normies of the group are butchered and their bodies dumped in a river
>Those that aren't killed and the fembots are turned into sex slaves by the uprisen betas
>They decide to settle where they are and make a backwoods community in some far flung third world country
>After awhile get something of a town going, with acceptance by the local government
>The robots go full Jonestown and make it seem like a nice place to attract more /r9k/ and other board outcasts to come and live, when in reality it's a nightmare sexual slavery concentration camp run by robots while everyone else is brainwashed
>Eventually the dark secrets start to leak out and the government tries to intervene
>Someone poo poo pee pees the kool-aid and everyone dies of poisoning
>>
>>26363230
I went to near every country in West/Central Europe during one trip over the course of a month and a bit, and all I took with me was *one single* backpack full of cheap bought bulk clean clothes from Target (like those packs of 20 white t shirts for 5 dollars), and a small bag of toiletries. Never did laundry just threw the clothes away as I wore them. The backpack wasn't even big either, like those stupid backpacker packs you see that are huge. It was like a normal bookbag.

Passport/visa stuff was never a problem. A little boring and annoying to have to wait in lines and stuff to get them checked and stamped, but never had any actual problems.
>>
>>26363249
Probably the best idea IMO since I did a little planning on this before, would be to get a small diesel SUV in Europe and then go driving. It doesn't have to be Europe but you want it to not be North or South America, because you simply can cover more of the world since Europe, Asia and Africa are connected by land. But yeah you'd sleep in it, like 4 people to a car, if you had more than that just buy more cars and travel as a convoy.

Kind of got the inspiration from helping a group of people in London prep for their road trip from England to Mongolia by road since it's all connected. They took a diesel Volkswagen because of diesel fuel ubiquity as well as easier to store and better for long distances, and also a more reliable engine. The Volkswagen because of its more simple build, and ease to repair no matter where you break down.
>>
>>26362888
I'd do it if i trusted other robots, but those elliot rodger and schizo threads make me skeptic. If someone really took their time to edit the film though it could be a real avant garde tour de force about social misfits trying to find their place in the world while trying to come to terms with their pasts.
>>
>>26363400
Yeah, can't help but feel a little worried. Most robots are probably fine, but you only need that one who'd piss and shit and cum in the food supplies when no one is watching, try to rape people in their sleep, or god forbid actually try to kill someone(s) in the group when going through some shitty country and making it seem like the disappeared.

Traveling with some like-minded robots would be the best experience of my life, but I wouldn't want to wake up with some frogposters cock in my mouth or Elliot-2.0s knife in my throat.
>>
>>26363400
done well. that could legitimately be the most fascinating pieces of art of this generation.
>>
>>26363371
>truck breaks down
>zero social skills to approach a mechanic
>eventually get scammed out of the entire trips allowance of money
>>26363400
i know what you
Im unsure how you would even organize it though
like once all the robots meet up its fine since they just have to deal with it but how do you get them there in the first place?
>>
>>26363400
>a real avant garde tour de force about social misfits trying to find their place in the world

>a bunch of (mostly) white first world male robots so out of place in their own homes and society, that they go to travel the world in the hopes of finding a place to belong
>both literally and figuratively trying to find their place in the world

That's actually pretty powerful.
>>
>>26363445
>>eventually get scammed out of the entire trips allowance of money

Only if you're stupid enough to both keep all the money together, and all with one person. Also I think being worried about social skills goes out the window when you don't even speak the same language or have the same culture. Even if you had alpha Chad social skills, you're no better off at dealing with some third world mechanic.
>>
>>26363428
there would also be those robots who join in the hopes they get killed though
>>
>>26363470
Yeah that'd be fucked up.

>"Hey, let me drive for the next leg of the journey."
>Suicidal robot along mountain roads, drives the truck straight off a cliff, killing everyone so he doesn't die alone
>>
>>26363470
The wildcard. Makes everything more interesting.
>>
File: MetalocalypseThatsPrettyBrutal.jpg (9KB, 236x188px) Image search: [Google]
MetalocalypseThatsPrettyBrutal.jpg
9KB, 236x188px
>>26363484
> camera pointing at one guy's face shows him yelling "finally!" moments before impact
>>
File: mayne stop.gif (2MB, 430x215px) Image search: [Google]
mayne stop.gif
2MB, 430x215px
>>26363484
>Suicidal robot along mountain roads, drives the truck straight off a cliff, killing everyone so he doesn't die alone
Aww... dick!
>>
>>26363491
>While going through Africa or the Middle East
>The group gets pursued by hostile rebel/military types
>Doesn't look like the group is going to get away
>The suicidal wildcard looks at the rest of the group
>"You guys go on, I'll... I'll hold them off."
>Jumps out to try to put up a fight but either way, get caught and give the group a chance to escape
>>
>>26363526
Someone should really make a series out of this. Cast the biggest neckbeards you can get.
>>
>>26358217
Honestly if anyone in canada is willing to do anything like this with me I'm down.

I work out and know how to fight and I'm street smart.
>>
File: 1451162062424s.png (62KB, 247x318px) Image search: [Google]
1451162062424s.png
62KB, 247x318px
>>26362937
>>Go amazing places, share amazing experiences
>>One by one though, the group starts to thin out, whether it's robots just not able to keep up or want to go home, end up liking a place so much they stay behind to make a new life for themselves, get lost or even end up dead in dangerous places
>>26363051
>>rape and kill each other because autism
>>26363109
>>starting off every robot would be interviewed
>>they are a mixture of fatties, aspies, autists, neckbeards, true robots and failed normies
>>maybe even a fembot or two
>>one failed normie inevitabley tries to become the chad
>>26363130
>The journey is the destination.

I don't like this thread anymore.
Burn it
>>
File: 1443812843926.jpg (81KB, 500x415px) Image search: [Google]
1443812843926.jpg
81KB, 500x415px
>>26363484
There should be some sort of amateur psych test to prevent the elliot robots

Also everyone would need to pass a virginity test to prevent normies from slipping in the group. Like if their male hymen is still intact or something.
>>
Create a lineup of the robots you'd expect to see in the group that goes to travel the world;

>That guy who spams threads about fucking a woman of every race, uncut unprotected cumming inside, and actually wants to do it
>>
>>26363466
>Even if you had alpha Chad social skills, you're no better off at dealing with some third world mechanic
spoken like a true normie
a robot would probably just stand there saying absolutely nothing except laugh nervously while the mechanic jabbered on in some foreign language
the robot would not even attempt to find out how much the job cost before the mechanic starts working
when the job is finished and its time to pay the robot will attempt to give the mechanic what he thinks the job is worth
the mechanic will laugh and keep his hand out for more money
the robot will continue handing out more money until eventually he tries to be a hardass and say NO MORE
at which point the mechanic suddenly gains the ability to speak some english words and says Police
robot hands over the entire amount of savings for the trip and leaves without asking for a receipt
>>
>>26363562
The elliots would be fine, and possibly hilarious to travel with, a group of supreme gentlemen taking out their angers on foreign countries. The problem is the suicidal ones, those are the ones you have to watch out for.

>>26363545
It's neat because you could take it in many directions. It could be an amazing comedy or dark comedy, it could be an amazing drama, or it could be an amazing independent film or documentary. Maybe even a mix of different types of movie.
>>
>>26363595
>robot hands over the entire amount of savings for the trip and leaves without asking for a receipt

Really you're just a fucking retard. Again, no one person is going to have all the money, or even all their money on them at any one time.

Also older car maintenance, especially diesels, especially volkswagons, are ridiculously easy to maintain and extremely reliable. As long as you perform occasional simple maintenance, the car will last you more than the entire trip without breaking down.
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 257x159px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 257x159px
>>26363569
>that guy who brings along a lethal dose of morphine
>>
File: milkattack.gif (636KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
milkattack.gif
636KB, 320x240px
>>26363633
>that guy who brings along a lethal dose of morphine
Fucker
>>
>>26363602
>It's neat because you could take it in many directions. It could be an amazing comedy or dark comedy, it could be an amazing drama, or it could be an amazing independent film or documentary. Maybe even a mix of different types of movie.

The different persons could be amazing. All these personalities. Think of the character development.
>>
>>26363642
The movie is in it's own category, but each person could be like a different type of genre character, and all brought together in the movie.
>>
>>26358217
>1800s
>Get on a train
>End up somewhere
>Now
>Get on a train
>Get arrested
>>
No truly suicidal bot will bother to go travelling. I don't think that would be a problem. Mostly it will be a bunch of autists and social incompetents who still have some glimmer of hope in their lives.

if only I wasn't scared to leave the house I'd go with you guys

too bad these ideas get thought up but nothing ever happens
>>
>>26358217
i dont think becoming a homeless vagrant will fix my issues
>>
>>26363631
>they wont have all their money with them
>its a road trip in a foreign country with one vehicle
where else would they keep their money?!??
bury pots of money by the roadside just in case?
>>
One of the creepiest things about New York when I went there were the homeless people on the street. They were my age, looked like me and I would have been friends with them at school. They must have had the idea of saying fuck it, I'm dropping everything and can't get out of it.
Thread posts: 146
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.