[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Guys I am having a really bad migraine and this is the second

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 1412004484166.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1412004484166.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
Guys I am having a really bad migraine and this is the second day of it
I have been lying in complete darkness for hours
Ive taken the medication my doctor prescribed for me and its wearing off within an hour, so I use that time slot to eat, I took it 25 minutes ago and its coming back, any of you know the best way to get over one of these?
>>
are these common? maybe you should look into your headaches a bit more

only thing that i can think of is extra strength painkillers and lots of rest, but i'm guessing you're past that. sorry to hear you're feeling crappy OP, hope you feel better soon.
>>
>>26357574
Drink a cold coke, caffine helps it anon, keep quiet and calm and relax it will go away just might be a nasty one, I've never had them b4 but know many who do, make sure you eat and drink plenty of water
>>
Hot shower helps me. Sleep it off if you can.
>>
File: image_2.jpg (83KB, 616x725px) Image search: [Google]
image_2.jpg
83KB, 616x725px
>>26357631
According to my doctor migraines are almost exponential
Every time I have one it becomes more likely to have another sooner

The last one I had was near Christmas
>>
1. WORK-OUT
2. Sleep well: turn off any light source, or cover your eyes if you can't.
3. Induce yourself a brain-freeze, that helps me sometimes.
>>
don't take a hot shower. every time i get a migraine a hot shower makes it worse.

lay down in bed and use a pillow to apply some pressure to the side that hurts. if that doesn't help try applying pressure to your eye socket by laying face down on a pillow with your arm underneath it give it some force

it sounds weird, but its the only thing that helps me.
>>
>>26357703
have you asked them to explore your headaches more to see if there's a bigger cause?

if you're just prone to migraines and this isn't part of a bigger thing, then your only option is to try the remedies the other robots gave you, see if you can find anything on the internet, or continue listening to your doctor
>>
File: 1454942733347.jpg (1MB, 2310x1781px) Image search: [Google]
1454942733347.jpg
1MB, 2310x1781px
>>26357574
I was diagnosed with migraines when i was a kid. Its because my back is extremly fucked and the position of my neck.

I live in a place where medical cannabis is legal and it works wonders, Sometimes my migraine will be so bad it get breakthrough pain.
>>26357640

Is right too caffeine dose help, and if you take some tylenol with coffee it may help quite a bit.

>>26357729
>WORK OUT
>BRAIN FREEZE BRO
Working out can make things worse, it depend why you get migraines, like for me, it makes it worse because of the position of my neck coming off my fucked spine.

Brain freeze is just adding to the pain, and can make things worse too.

Tylenol lay down, dark room, coffee.
>>
Drink some Gatorade, I get freaky headaches when I'm dehydrated. Just water won't replenish your electrolytes, so Gatorade is good
>>
Take a cold shower or bath if possible.
Drink lots of water.
Stop eating heavy food for a while. Ask mom to bake your tendies instead of deep fryin em.
AVOID SCREENS AND LOUD SOUNDS
>>
I get migraines every month or so. I just pop some Advil right around the time I get an aura and then try to fall asleep before the headache kicks in, I feel like shit for hours afterwards though. For some reason water makes it worse, so I just drink some coke which settles it down a bit. I really wish I could cure this bullshit, and it always happens when I'm having fun or in the rare moments when I'm having fun with some old friends. Migraines are literally the worst shit.
>>
Maxalt was the only thing that really helped me but I also found cold showers and enough rest to be super helpful. If it gets bad and happens frequently ou can take preventative medications. I hope you feel better dude.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.