[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I started a little programming group yesterday. We were off well,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: PIC-fizzbuzz.png (7KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
PIC-fizzbuzz.png
7KB, 200x200px
I started a little programming group yesterday. We were off well, but several of the members have seemingly dropped off the face of the planet. Anyway, I'm back again.
You should join our group if you have any interest in programming, graphic design, or a desire to work on projects as part of a team.
There's no one focus of the group, and there are no prerequisites. Even if you've never written a line of code in your life, feel free to drop on in and see what it's all about.
All languages may be freely discussed, no one language takes priority in the group, but in a specific project one language may be used than another.
If you're interested, join rizon#r9koss
>>
>>26356028
Shame is for weak men. I bump my own thread shamelessly.
>>
>>26356028
>inb4 coding in javascript
>>
>>26356315
>muh JS boogeyman
>>
File: 1454340676606-1.jpg (895KB, 949x5065px) Image search: [Google]
1454340676606-1.jpg
895KB, 949x5065px
original comment OC
>>
I'm at work so idk if I will be able to reply again for a bit but I just started learning pytho, what times are you guys usually online?
>>
>>26356884
I (the OP) am usually online after 5pm EST.
Everyone else varies greatly. But evenings are generally a safe bet
>>
File: 1449024614093.jpg (62KB, 750x855px) Image search: [Google]
1449024614093.jpg
62KB, 750x855px
>>26356028

>twf you failed fizzbuzz during an actual interview.
>tfw you knew of the problem before but you got the order of the conditions wrong.
>>
>>26356969
ooh, rough.
lemme guess, you forgot to put 3&&5 first?
>>
>>26356028
Yo!
How i can join?

Xryuvuv
>>
>>26356998

Yeah thats right.

And I still managed to get a decent internship with a decent company.
>>
>>26357013
pop into rizon#r9koss on your favorite IRC client
>>
>>26356799
although this looks legit, i am too terrified to trust my PC with anything from 4chan
>>
File: im-right.jpg (51KB, 600x641px) Image search: [Google]
im-right.jpg
51KB, 600x641px
>>26356028
>There's no one focus of the group, and there are no prerequisites.
This would drive me fucking crazy. Programming groups should be doing the opposite, especially if you're trying to break into the industry.
>Even if you've never written a line of code in your life, feel free to drop on in and see what it's all about.
Fuck that. I'm out.
>>
>>26356028
What the fuck is a programming group?

just go to school
>>
>>26357183
Alrighty then. I'm not changing that, but if it makes you feel better, everyone currently in the group knows how to code.
>>
>>26357208
what if you cant goto school?
>>
>>26357208
Because everyone on r9k goes to school...
>>
>>26357208
>fuck this free shit, go spend 40 grand
lmao
>>
>>26356028
What's the point? Is it for people who are learning how to program, or people who already can, and are interested in making stuff with robots, or general /dpt/ shitposting?
>>
>>26357916
mainly people who already know how to code. the point is to make some sort of project and work on team skills. but if you don't know how to code, that doesn't mean you can't be useful. If you're a great storyteller, that can be just as important of a skill as knowing 10 different languages if no one else can write stories for shit.
>>
>>26357963
well maybe I'll stop by then. I've been programming for years, although I don't consider myself an expert.
>>
>>26357982
Please do. I am by no means an expert either. Passion to learn is more important to me than raw skills, honestly.
>>
I have an interest in learning how to program. It seems like this is mostly oriented towards people who already know what they're doing though, and I feel like I would just be a burden.

That and I do not have the time to practice right now; I would like to show up but I don't think I could contribute or learn at all for at least the next two weeks even though I would like to.

Is there any way I could just keep in correspondence with you for now? Through Skype or email?
>>
>>26358514
sure
email [email protected]
also, I'd recommend code academy for beginners
>>
What would we do in the group? Make projects? Learn as beginners? Get some tips from the experienced? All of the above? A JOB?
>>
>>26358608
All of the above, probably not a job though. We will be using open source though, which I've heard some smaller companies look at when considering programming applicants.
>>
>>26358648
My company definitely looks at your open source projects as well as linkedin, do it up
>>
>>26358978
May I ask what you look for?
>>
>>26356969
You are actually pathetic
>>
Why are you advertising to degenerate robots instead of /g/entlemen?
>>
>>26359134
/g/'s not really my crowd, plus, they have enough programming groups. /r9k/ doesn't have any that I know of.
>>
>>26359134
/dpt/ ruins everything

Don't tell them I said that
>>
>>26356923
I just got on break but alrighty!
>>
r.i.p. dickballs
we'll miss you
>>
someone should make a kik group
>>
>>26359456
;^)
On a scale of 1/10, 7 being the highest, this is an original comment.
>>
>>26359485
ill make it if no one else wants to.
i need some initial people tho. so if enough people are interested, please reply with your username
>>
>>26359518
Wait, you weren't joking? m8 I don't think a kik group is quite appropriate for what we're doing.
>>
>>26356028
How many users are active? I'm interested.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.