[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone here failed uni courses or dropped out? How did you handle

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: images (2).jpg (10KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
10KB, 511x288px
Anyone here failed uni courses or dropped out? How did you handle it? What are you doing now?
>Am going to fail an exam in a couple of days and am considering dropping out
>>
I almost failed one class. But I talked to the professor so he would raise me my grade.
>>
>>26343711
Failed out of uni ~5 years ago. Still take a few classes at community college, grades are much better now but I still don't know if it's worth finishing the degree.

It's really not worth dropping out unless you have a decent plan. At least you're in school and you have some potential there. If you drop out you lose that.
>>
>>26343756
Just go part time you fucking retard holy shit
>>
I dropped out of high school and it's pretty evident from my failure to form basic sentences and use punctuation marks.
>>
I failed all my engineering prerequisites so I moved to history.
>>
I got a D in one class last semester, but I talked to the professor and she raised it up to a C. Just today I dropped out of another course that I was most likely going to fail. Now I'm going to take an eight week course for the same amount of credits. Never be afraid to work with your advisor. They're usually able to help you out. Never hurts to try.
>>
i became an uberneet, 15 years later i am isolated apart from my mother, i play f2p online games, currently hearthstone, where i hit the 100 gold hard cap limit every single day, i played DDO and lotro for free before that and owned all the content before those games got ruined, yeah then i just sit around until its time to sleep
>>
>>26343711
>a D in one clas
Bro its normal to loose hope when you are at uni.
Just learn from your mistakes and try to dont fuck things up again
>>
>tfw 5 slide PowerPoint worth 5% of our grade due in 3 weeeks
>haven't started
I don't know what to do. I've never failed a class before.
>>
>>26343711
>Anyone here failed uni courses or dropped out?
Drop out. Failed cal 1 three times and got dropped from my major.

>How did you handle it?
Sad and relieved. Never made friends in my 5 years there. Felt very disconnected isolated from the rest of my peers as I saw a bunch of people laughing, hanging out and enjoying themselves. I was more nervous about my parents finding out.

>What are you doing now?
Working. Seeing my options with just an A.A.

Don't drop out if you fail one course. Drop out if you don't want to be there.
>>
>>26344071
>failed calc 1 3 times
Holy fuck. Are you even serious?
>>
>>26344488
He might've had shitty teachers. Cut him some slack
>>
>>26344521
Its no excuse, he is probably a lazy fuck or dumb fuck or both.
>>
what actually happens if you fail?

im starting a criminology degree in a few weeks and i am on aus-study (centerlink) being paid to do it
>>
File: feelscombat.jpg (49KB, 460x470px) Image search: [Google]
feelscombat.jpg
49KB, 460x470px
I failed Calculus 3 last semester. Coupled that with my D's in Calculus 1 and 2 my gpa is in the gutter (1.6).

I hate my major (Chemistry) and I'm only in it because of jobs. I'm more an anthropologist/history kind of guy. So I feel trapped, I'm stuck suffering in a major I don't like for jobs, and if I try to leave I will be dooming myself to a life of welfare.
>>
>>26344663
Dont do it anon. Change majors and be happy. Money doesnt matter if you are happy.
>>
Failed the most horrible course in my university
Surveying for engineers
It constitutes of a lecture and a lab so you fail one you fail both
I had to take it again and passed by only 4 grades
>>
File: 1454543598293.jpg (7KB, 302x132px) Image search: [Google]
1454543598293.jpg
7KB, 302x132px
I didn't fail but got almost straight D's last semester. I'm on track to get D's again this semester. I've gotten a few emails from professors asking me to come see them during office hours but I've ignored it because that shit's scary.
>>
>>26344622
>he is probably a lazy fuck or dumb fuck or both.
What's the point of insulting him?
>>
>>26343711
Dude... I failed a bunch of classes, probably like 10 or 12 over the course of 12 semesters give or take.
It never really bothered me because unless I failed a class three times it didnt matter (if you dont count the wasted time)

What am I doing today?
Working a fucking great job with premium pay which I got literally right after I got my degree.
If you can weasel your way into your first job nobody cares what you did in uni anyways.
>>
>>26344754
Exactly. Theres no point because he already dropped out
>>
>>26344488

Yeah if you're in a major that requires Calc and you're failing the intro course you're probably in the wrong major.
>>
>>26344521
My teachers were ok, my failures are on me.

But this anon >>26344622 is right. I just never understood math and would get sad, disappointed and frustrated and just say fuck it. Didn't help the fact I don't have any dreams or ambitions to pursue, so I never really could find the motivation. Plus I'm a sad fuck.
>>
I failed two classes last semester
I'm just redoing them now this semester.
My schedule for the rest of my college career is packed now though, and I'll have to take some classes over the summer which costs more money.

>>26344663
Yeah, we're in the same boat. Failed Calc 3 last semester. Got a D in Calc 2 so I have to retake that. That coupled with my physics grade has my GPA at a 1.73 right now. I'd rather be doing history too, but I mean, I don't think I like history enough to be at the level where I become part of the 5% to make money from it. Also I hate school, so working in academia sounds terrible to me.

MechE major btw.
What actually really fucked me up in Calc III was missing a few classes, his absence penalties were outrageous. The class was actually pretty easy otherwise, I just needed to study more.

Physics II on the other hand, I'm retaking now, and feel like I understand even less than I did the first semester. I feel like I can never pass this class.
>>
>>26344792
I was leaning towards advertising/marketing or finance. Cal 1 was a pre-req for business school.
>>
I failed calculus 1, calculus 2, algebra twice, physics once, the semester I failed calculus 2 with algebra with physics, I honestly considered killing myself, but then I said fuck it, I'll pass them next time, and so I did, now I can't get any clasess I want cause the general score from that time is super mega low, so yea, I'm gonna work in a call center this semester and probably gonna do an easy class from my career to make my general score go up. Don't give up anons, things will get worse but you'll get used to the buttfucking.
>>
>>26344781
There wouldn't be a point if he was still in school either. You don't understand the robot mentality if you think "tough love" works here.
>>
>>26343711
Hmm we are going to need to know how big ya penis meat is
>>
>doing all courses online
>haven't logged in to do anything in like two weeks
only going for that sweet financial aid money but now i'm too scared to check and see if they dropped me from the courses or not

i get mad anxiety every time i think about logging in to my email or blackboard
which is funny because that's how all of this started in the first place
>>
>>26343711
Just drop out and join the military if you arent to much of a beta
>>
File: pain.jpg (81KB, 524x526px) Image search: [Google]
pain.jpg
81KB, 524x526px
>>26344687
Money does matter if you want to raise a family. Which is honestly all that I want from the world. Admittedly I'd also like some fame for personal achievements, but if I don't get to be a Father I will have to consider myself a failure.

I don't even care that much about the wife part. She'll probably be nonvirgin, probably cheat on me once marriage and then divorce rape me, but what I'm doing it for is for the kids. I'd want a bunch of them.

True love comes from your children. Raise them right and they'll be there for you on your death bed.
>>
>>26344864
you doing swinburne online?
>>
>>26344879
Nigga thats assuming he can ever get a girl let alone knock one up
>>
File: insanepepe.jpg (7KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
insanepepe.jpg
7KB, 249x249px
>>26344840
What 'cucked' me in calc was accidentally underestimating 1 test where I got a fuckin' 30. I was expecting calc 3 to be my best out of all the calcs because I started off with a pretty good score on the first test (64, pretty good for me, average was 80 though).

Its a painful situation. How would switching majors work even? Do they reset your gpa? Because if you switch into a non stem with a shit gpa of 1.6, you might as well start interning at Mcdonalds.

You literally cannot get a job as a history major. Aside from teaching in highschool, which is pretty shit in of itself as well.
>>
>all these calc failures
hello my brothers calc ii here, eventually completed it after failing the big boy school at a CC but didn't go back
>>
>>26343711
Dropped last term.
Best decision ever tbqh. I hated school and didn't see the point of it, now I just work full time. My parents weren't at all happy with me dropping out, but ultimately it's my decision and they can't make me go. I have my own place and I didn't see the point in going into more debt for an education that wasn't going to help me and I didn't enjoy.
>>
>>26344944
Yeah, same.
I got like a 75 of the first test, one of the highest grades in the class. And then it was all downhill from there.
>>
File: 1431486745470s.jpg (4KB, 110x125px) Image search: [Google]
1431486745470s.jpg
4KB, 110x125px
>>26344944
>64 is a good grade

Anon...
>>
>>26344911
Thats right, but I'd like to hold on to the possibility, by having the potential resources in the first place.
>>
File: just fuck my shit up.jpg (19KB, 217x320px) Image search: [Google]
just fuck my shit up.jpg
19KB, 217x320px
>>26343711
I failed most of my math, physics, and chem classes at least once, sometimes even twice.

I was put on academic probation a couple of times but managed to get myself out of it.

I got D's in most of my higher level bio classes because I suck at fill in the blank exams and the lab practicals kicked my ass.

Still managed to graduate in December but it took a year longer than expected.

I've been looking for jobs for over two months now and haven't heard back from anyone. I even started applying for jobs that don't require any experience/education and still nothing.

I'm basically 60k in debt with a meme degree and shit transcripts.
>>
>>26344996
In my university 60% is a pass
still I agree 64 is a good grade.
>>
>>26345018
What's your GPA? What's your major?
>>
File: brendan fraser.png (505KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
brendan fraser.png
505KB, 600x400px
>>26345018
You arent alone
Its going to take me an extra year to graduate
failed so many classes
I doubt i can take off the stink from my transcipts in the 12 months I have left
>>
>>26345044
About a 2.3 with a useless BA in Zoology.

Going to uni was the biggest mistake of my life. I would've been better off learning a trade.
>>
File: 1454226405183.jpg (365KB, 750x725px) Image search: [Google]
1454226405183.jpg
365KB, 750x725px
>>26343711

>22
>failed out my final semester
>learning disability symptoms get worse when I thought they'd get better
>constantly flip out under pressure
>spend several months drinking and browsing the web doing nothing
>health goes to shit
>feel strung out 24/7
>start developing anxiety and paranoia because I spend so much time alone that my mind can't keep still
>fail at dating which makes matters worse
>contemplate ending my life many times
>23 now
>start taking supplements
>back in college

Admittedly you learn a lot about how fucked up your mind can be when you fail, and when plans fall flat, then you understand what makes you weak. Still struggling, but that's life. You can only bitch about things for so long until your bitching meter runs dry.
>>
I'm doing increasingly shitty in uni and I'm probably gonna lose all my scholarships so my parents will fucking kill me for that. I'm contemplating switching majors because I found out I can't do calc and chem shit to save my life.
>>
>first semester at community college
>no more high school, smoke weed urrday, NEET mode fully engaged
>fail everything, kicked off financial aid
>work 50 hours a week as a busboy for the next semester to pay out of pocket, get all A's and B's
>transfer to uni
>almost the same shit, academic probation
>my clutch 2nd semester comeback still hasn't started

This is the first time I am actually scared I might get kicked out. I gotta get my shit together.
>>
>>26345090

>2.3

wow gl with that m8 seriously
>>
>>26345192
How far does your GPA go outside of internships? My GPA is good but if hypothetically I tank my last semester, can't I just not list that on my resume?
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.