[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how many of you would commit suicide if you were 100% sure that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1454619092735.jpg (76KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1454619092735.jpg
76KB, 960x720px
how many of you would commit suicide if you were 100% sure that death would be the equivalent of endless sleep with no dreams?
>>
>>26318898
I wouldn't. I'd be terrified of death. I want the dreams.

>tfw you're already dead and everything you see right now is a dream
>when you die in this dream you just start dreaming again and live another imaginary life
>>
If I knew death was like that then I would want to live as long as possible. If it's all just eternal sleep after this then I want to be here as long as possible. Even if it sucks, let's just see where it goes from here.
>>
I'm 99% sure it is exactly like that, what the fuck else is going to happen? It makes me not want to do it.
>>
>>26318898
>if you were 100% sure that death would be the equivalent of endless sleep with no dreams?

But I already do.
>>
File: daimon.jpg (283KB, 832x393px) Image search: [Google]
daimon.jpg
283KB, 832x393px
If absolute non-existence is possible, I'd take that route.
>>
>>26319040
ok, how?
original comment
>>
>>26319014
Lack of knowledge doesn't justify a conclusion
>>
>>26319304
It's called not being retarded and using common sense.
>>
>>26318898
Do you still dream? because lucid dreams would be great. Either way yes.
>>
>>26319355
it seems logical that it would just be eternal sleep, and I would agree that we can be at least 99% sure that it is, but we know so little about how everything works, we can't be 100% sure.
>>
>>26319365
>endless sleep with no dreams?
no, it would be too easy if you still had dreams.
>>
>>26319262
By understanding that the world is the opposite of how we want it to be.

It's evolutionarily desirable for people to believe in and feel strongly about the afterlife, so it doesn't exist.
>>
>>26319426
Kek, I completely missed that. But it seems easy either way as long as you know what's after death. For most people it's the fear of not knowing that keeps them alive.
>>
You don't even know when you die. Like when you die, you don't know you died. You just continue to experience whatever that last thing you did for the rest of your life. You know how on early windows if something crashed, you could drag the window across the screen and it would leave traces of itself behind? or when early consoles froze you would just hear the same sound effect over and over until you restart the machine? Death is just like that. If you die peacefully, you will experience nothing but the same peacefulness for the rest of your existence until someone just restarts you. If you suicide, you experience the same suicide until someone restarts you.

That's my view on the afterlife.
>>
I think there's just nothing. Not even eternal dreamless sleep. You don't experience anything. If there is an afterlife you get immediately switched to that. If there isn't then you literally experience nothing. There's nothing there to experience anything
>>
>>26319800
That's quite beautiful, anon. Coming from an IT guy.
>>
>>26318898
No, that is just an imaginary roadblock but the truth is that I am addicted to DNA like every other living creature. I will probably live a full and unfortunate life. At least I wont do the most evil thing in the world and have a child
>>
>>26319002
I hate these people
>>
>>26318970
so reincarnation
>>
>>26319355
>common sense applies to metaphysics

This is why we cant have nice things
>>
Essentially, I don't want to be concious in endless nothingness.

My ideal afterlife would be being reborn as a god, that sounds nice.
>>
>>26319800
slow down there Mohammed. Suicide can be peaceful, what about exit bags?
>>
File: 1454846971872.jpg (530KB, 1888x742px) Image search: [Google]
1454846971872.jpg
530KB, 1888x742px
People who don't want to be absorbed by nothingness actually don't want to commit a suicide, but rather change their life conditions instantly.

>>26319125
Going to agree with this sir.
>>
I already sleep with no dreams
>>
>>26319014
>what the fuck else is going to happen?
You go to hell and are tormented and tortured for eternity.
>>
File: 1451422077765.jpg (20KB, 720x529px) Image search: [Google]
1451422077765.jpg
20KB, 720x529px
>>26318898
i'd try to live my life to the fullest.

anyhow, i don't exactly believe in a god, but there must be some reason existence exist, maybe this is the software and out there is the programmer who's world works a lot differently.

String theory sounds good too, if our universe is here now how it is, why wouldn't there be something else? we have atoms, cells, humans, planets, stars and galaxies, so would there be universes...? that's one way to think about it.

Like scientists have said multiple times, our own reality is an illusion, our conciousness is different to other beings, it might be limited or not, we don't have many senses animals do, and so on, we live in a 3 dimensional world, mostly. dark matter and dark energy are a good example of how there is something even if we can't see it, smell it, hear it, or touch it. it only interacts with gravity, and maybe radiation? so there can exists many things around us without us even knowing it.
>>
>>26320790
>You go to hell and are tormented and tortured for eternity.
HA
>>
File: doit.gif (964KB, 397x658px) Image search: [Google]
doit.gif
964KB, 397x658px
>>26318898
I already believe in that and I don't commit suicide because I'm too afraid to fail even at that, and what people would think of me after.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.