[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autistic friendship thread thing?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1454824715929[1].gif (45KB, 550x284px) Image search: [Google]
1454824715929[1].gif
45KB, 550x284px
So I don't want to make this a straight up contact thread that a mod would delete and tell me to post on /soc/ but I was just curious about who actually has autism here and if anyone on /r9k/ would be interested in specifically talking to other people with autism?
>>
i have aspergers but i dont really want to talk to anyone, how are you holding up

i was diagnosed last year
>>
>>26310622
Went to therapy and psychologist thinks there's a good chance I have PDD-NOS

I dont want to be on the spectrum desu.
>>
>>26310668
I was diagnosed when I was 19, I'm 24 now. Shit's honestly not that bad I just have a horrible time maintaining any kind of lasting relationships with people

>>26310723
That sucks bruh but if that's where you stand having a label placed on it can't and won't change who you are, for better or worse you just are who you are.
>>
>>26310799
Even worse was that it was family therapy, not personal counseling.

Feel like my parents might end up using it as excuse to make decisions for me or treat me poorly.
>>
>>26310985
Well that really depends on how old you are. End of the day though it's up to you to stand up for yourself and be your own person. That's the real autism test that I know I've failed hundreds of times :3
>>
>>26311010
>be your own person
That's hard to do these days - even if you are a normie. Moving out and surviving on your own is hard.
>>
>>26311056
You don't have to live alone to be your own person anon. You just can't let other people dictate who you are.
>>
>>26310622
I was in special ed until I graduated at 19yo.
I went to a psychiatrist in high school who said that I most likely have Asperger's Syndrome and should be tested (he specialized in ADHD and depression and not in Asperger's/Autism). I had suspected that I had Asperger's for years before he said that I probably have it.
But I refused to get tested because I wanted to join the military when I graduated high school. I've been considering getting my diagnosis now, especially since I want to get my driver's license soon and I think it would be good for me to have something like a card that says I have ASD in case I get pulled over and the cops think I'm intoxicated or acting suspicious.
Also, I've taken the RAADS, EQ, AQ and other online screening tests and they all say that it is very likely that I have Autism. Plus, I seem to fit the diagnostic criteria and I do a lot of things that are indicators of Autism.
>>
>>26311083
Tell me how you failed "the real autism test"
>>
>>26311189
In that I let my family and more specifically my mother dictate 99% of my life and have since my dad died when I was 19.
Maybe less the autism and more other issues but I just can not go against my mom or even my sister. Like even when I worked my entire income was split between the pair of them.
>>
>>26311253
Thats not autism anon. That's being a doormat. You dont have to be autistic to be one of those.

Autism is a disorder. How are you impaired?
>>
>>26311465
Dude do you really want me to go down the entire list and check off this symptoms of autism that apply to me?
The inability to maintain conversations beyond my narrow field of obsessions or constantly bringing any conversation back to that?
My inability to even talk to people I don't know?
My inability to understand why people do the things they do or understand their feelings?
How I shut down and have massive panic attacks when there is too much shit going on at the same time?
I mean come on bro
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.