[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the majority of anime so fucking bad? I feel like I've

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 67

File: 1447654246412.png (91KB, 288x292px) Image search: [Google]
1447654246412.png
91KB, 288x292px
Why is the majority of anime so fucking bad? I feel like I've watched everything worth watching.
>>
>>26308015
Because of its audience.
>>
Most of the anime fanbase is made up of autists. Autistic people HATE it when you change something. So the industry is forced to stick with "tried and true" tropes, and recycle them over and over again ad nauseum.

You'll have outliers like Monogatari and Kill La Kill, but the moment those shows get popular the autistic fanbase rages hard when you mention those shows, like a hipster who turns his nose up when you mention Alt J.
>>
File: dJK9s0j.jpg (912KB, 1748x2517px) Image search: [Google]
dJK9s0j.jpg
912KB, 1748x2517px
Watch texhnolyze.
Pic related
>>
>>26308105
Kill la Kill is pretty shit. I actually liked Gurren Lagann but KLK is memeshit.
>>
>>26308113
my nigga
texhnolyze is one of my favorites

here is my top anime list r8 pls guys

texhnolyze
welcome to the nhk
monster
haibane renmei
serial experiments lain
kaiba
cowboy bebop
evangelion
berserk

bonus manga:
20th century boys
vinland saga
>>
File: oh god.png (269KB, 443x463px) Image search: [Google]
oh god.png
269KB, 443x463px
>>26308015
anime is literally cartoons for little kids. Albeit there are some mature, watchable anime it's mostly just aimed at young kids.
>>
>>26308149
kek la kek saved anime XD
>>
>>26308183
Its about genres. There are genres aimed at adults, deep and powerful stories with dark art style. But those genres are small, if you want to make it big you make naruto or some other pleb shit.
>>
I agree. Even though I'm a robot, I'm sick of the pussy male main main characters. They should at least have some growth and finally become comfortable with themselves to be relatable
>>
>>26308015
>I know that feel
It seems like even the good anime is shit sometimes because of its flaws
>>
File: 1452309153425.jpg (979KB, 2240x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1452309153425.jpg
979KB, 2240x1600px
>>26308173
texhnolyze, monster, haibane, lain, cowboy bebop and evangelion.
Good tastes anon
>>
>>26308373
>evangelion
>good taste

go pleb somewhere else
>>
>>26308105
>Autistic people HATE it when you change something
Nailed it. Autists have ass taste in art because they are extremely timid and stubborn at the same time and they are afraid of stepping out of their comfort zone. This is why they will spend thousands of hours playing a certain video game or anime but when you recommend a different one they just go "n-n-no...! s-subjective!".

And then they end up wasting tens of thousands of hours playing counter strike ("n-n-no...! a shooter without sights is not autistic s-subjective!") or league ("it's good because it is popular and a SPORT an OFFICIAL sport") or melee ("trust me the feel is just better than newer games...and BALANCE balance is the MOST important thing ever!") or watching Dragonball or one piece or SAO.
>>
I used to enjoy anime, but then I watched Legend of the Galactic Heroes and since then nothing feels worth watching

I guess this is how women feel when they meet a Chad with a big dick
>>
File: download (2).jpg (7KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
7KB, 299x168px
>>26308825
>muted to 2 seconds my ass
>>
>>26309363
Sounds to me like you're just listing things you dislike and calling them the autistic boogeyman
>>
>>26309462
I actually like CSGO and I like a few animes.

Also:
>muh subjective
>>
>>26308173
>Berserk
>anime

anon pls go
>>
It seems you really have to be a certain person to enjoy anime. I've watched almost all the major acclaimed shows, and none were very interesting.
>>
I mostly find myself being excited by interesting ideas and then being thoroughly disappointed by shitty tropes and shit writing
>>
I haven't been able to finish anything since I watched LOGH two years ago. It sucks.
>>
>>26309794
Did you know there's a prequel/side series?
>>
>>26309676
Holy shit this.
bloxbloxbloxblox blox
>>
>>26309410
>>26309794
I want to watch this show but it's over 100 fuckin episodes, my god

The longest anime I ever watched was Monster and that took me like 3 months
>>
Berserk and baccano! Are my two favs. Samurai champloo rocks too. Yu you hakuso if you have time for 120+ eps.
>>
>>26310093
Don't worry about the episode count. Even if you only watch an episode every couple of days you'll be done eventually. It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.

I took almost 3 months to watch it and the last part of that I was just wishing it was longer. It became a part of my daily life in a way that no other show has since.

The first ~30 episodes of the show move pretty fast and the entire series has basically no filler. If you're not sure, just try watching the prequel movie and then the movie that adapts the first two episodes (My Conquest if the Sea of Stars and Overture to a New War) and see if you like it enough to move on from there.
>>
Code Geass best anime ever made no debate.
>>
>>26310196
Oh and the longest series I had seen before LOGH was FMA03 at 51 episodes, so it seemed super daunting to me too.
>>
>>26310259
>a pizza but commercial
>best anime
>>
>>26309363

I like melee because it's NOT balanced. I take fox and crush fags. deal with it.
>>
not OP but can I get a rec? I'd ask /a/ but they ban for that

stuff I value in a series:
>interesting complex characters
>drama, intrigue, mystery. I love when a show makes you feel unsure of things and then slooowly reveals its true nature
>interesting or unique plot
>aesthetic, setting, and artstyle
>slow, methodic pacing
>12-26 episodes is the perfect length

shows I've watched and really liked:
>evangelion
>madoka magica
>steins;gate
>monster
>baccano
>cowboy bebop
>ping pong
>serial experiments lain
>not an anime but twin peaks is my favorite show ever
>>
>>26310503
Mawaru Penguindrum meets quite a few of those, but it's isn't really slow paced
>>
Go watch Mind Game right now. Thank me later.
>>
>>26308015
Fuck you faggot

blox29
>>
>>26309363
you need 2k hours in counter strike just to keep up on /real/ level

i understand that youre completely clueless and have no idea what youre talking about - your only argument being iron sights (i mean really now) all in all you have some valid points with comfort zone but the counter strike thing gave it away

stop posting anytime shittie
>>
File: I want to take you for a ride.webm (2MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
I want to take you for a ride.webm
2MB, 720x540px
I'm kind of tempted to just make a list one of these days of all the anime I watched, but then again I also don't care enough to waste my time doing that.

Do what you will with some shows I liked off the top of my head:

Ghost Sweeper Mikami
Bakemonogatari (and the rest of the series)
SoreMachi
Slayers
Ranma 1/2
Urusei Yatsura
Lupin the Third
Gundam (Just start from the beginning if you want to get into it)
Mahoujin Guruguru
Irresponsible Captain Tylor
Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Cooking Master Boy
Hunter x Hunter (1999 and 2011 are good)
Hajime no Ippo

Pretty sure most if not all of these are meant for younger audiences, but that's fine since I don't take these too seriously, and neither should anyone else. If you want a "mature" story or whatever, just reading a book would probably be better.
>>
>>26308149
I admit the animation and the plot was shitty
but the characters were really cool tbqh
>>
>>26308015
Same, ive seen over 150 anime, like 60 of it in my first year of neetdom. Its just to shitty, i cant handle anymore typical squealing gooks getting excited over nothing

The plots around high school love, i just cant connect on any level. I hate when faggots from a storm in and tell you you need to watch like 500 of those pieces of shit. Fuck that, id rather be a wagecuck than watch any more garbage anime. The most ironic part of it all is that my favorite anime is the first 2 i ever watched to completion: death note and code geass. as normie and typical as it gets, but the most fun i've ever had when watching anime.

I havent watched anything since kill la kill finished, and i only watched that because it was being marketed like a gurren lagann 2. I just didnt get that vibe at all outside of the art style and insane characters, story wasnt as good as GL, no feel moments, insane fights werent as well animated and lacked punch. I just cant do it anymore m8s
>>
File: 33413431.gif (718KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
33413431.gif
718KB, 500x281px
>ctrl+f
>no tatami galaxy
maybe my favorite series 2bh. should be required watching, you feel really inspired after finishing it.
plus it's only 11 episodes if you have trouble watching long series
>>
>>26308015
>I feel like I've watched everything worth watching.
You're probably not even familiar with 5% of anime. There have been thousands made since the 1960s, and only very few become popular and famous enough that they remain common knowledge over the years and decades (e.g. Bebop, Evangelion, Akira).

>>26308105
>Most of the anime fanbase is made up of autists.
This is a meme.

>So the industry is forced to stick with "tried and true" tropes, and recycle them over and over again ad nauseum.
American television and movies also have "tropes." Literally everything is a "trope." But I never see anyone complain when the 1000th medical/legal/police drama airs on TV that isn't substantially different from most of the ones that came before it. There is some grumbling about the current wave of superhero movies, but nothing compared to the ear-piercing shrieks of rage and terror that anime causes.

People exaggerate the uniformity of anime anyway. Most people who complain about anime and make various criticisms of it either don't watch it at all or only watch very little. Everything they know is Internet hearsay.

>>26308183
Anime is literally not cartoons (those are two different things), and only some of it is aimed at children. And even the children's anime is very different from children's animation in America.

This is from a show aimed at children that airs during normal hours:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixF6PXdIBmo

It may not be representative of what the show is like most of the time, but still.

Also, children's anime that's been aired in the US has usually been censored because of content considered inappropriate for children (like gay and lesbian characters in Sailor Moon).
>>
File: 1403848060500.jpg (62KB, 450x557px) Image search: [Google]
1403848060500.jpg
62KB, 450x557px
>>26308015
>You will never watche NGE + EOE for the first time again
>>
>tfw no autistic short hair weeb gf like rei
>>
>>26308015
Good anime I've seen

>death note
>psycho-pass
>genocyber
>angel cop
>battle royale high school
>ninja scrolls OVA

Plenty of decent anime out there I just avoid the romance and sex ones.
>>
>>26311919
> Its just to shitty, i cant handle anymore typical squealing gooks getting excited over nothing
This is the sort of remark made by people who haven't watched anime and are just repeating what they've heard from other people. So have you actually watched over 150 anime or are you just lying?
>>
File: skepticalshinji.png (183KB, 549x316px) Image search: [Google]
skepticalshinji.png
183KB, 549x316px
>>26308825
>doesn't give any reason for why he thinks it is bad
>>
>tfw i can only watch english dub anime

i honestly can't stand chink voices they sound so fucking annoying and i just generally hate their language
>>
File: NEVEREVEREVER.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
NEVEREVEREVER.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>>26313186

I was watching the dub so I had a hard time taking some scenes seriously.

>mfw Spike Spencer says "How can I understand you when you don't say anything? THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"

The accent on "IMPOSSIBLE" is perfect. Trying to understand women really is impossible for a teenager
>>
>>26313186
i've never seen NGE + EOE and i avoid it because it's a mecha anime

mecha anime is literally the worst kind of anime next to moe shit
>>
>>26313259
I kept a notepad of everything i watched. I wish i knew about my anime list while i was anime binging but i didnt.

Maybe a lot of other people have come to the same solution as i have and dont care about anime anymore. Try thinking with that perspective instead of being some faggot elitist from a who thinks anime is a flawless medium
>>
>>26313143

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genre_studies

Start here.

Also

>Most of the anime fanbase is made up of autists.
>This is a meme.

Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>26313353
I don't like mecha anime either, but I'm ok with Eva and 08th MS
>>
>>26308015
hopefully you arent indicating that your pic is good

but to answer your query, its because developers found their niche audience

to stray from the bold written money making strategy is beyond most so they dont try, thats why well NEVER get another League of the galactic heroes but well DEFINITELY get 10,000 more Gundam shit animes
>>
>>26313353
The focus is not the mecha; the action is really only to move the plot forward. Most of the action scenes only last a few minutes. Really is a GOAT-tier anime.
>>
>>26312150
What kind of inspiration is it?
I thought it was a cuck story about a nerd that gets strung up by the cutie.
>>
>>26313367
what's so great about it?

please convince me to watch it i want to be one of the cool weebs
>>
>>26313379
>The focus is not the mecha; the action is really only to move the plot forward.

if this is true the i can get behind it. where should i start? the movies or series? english or sub?
>>
File: pain.png (145KB, 500x322px) Image search: [Google]
pain.png
145KB, 500x322px
>>26313383
The focus is on the psychology of the characters.

We on /r9k/ like it because Shinji is a robot, essentially, we empathize and/or sympathize with his emotional struggles.
>>
>>26313407
Series, definitely. Tbh, I don't even like the movies (other than EoE), so much was changed in it, and characters were changed just to get better marketing.

I usually watch english dub.
>>
>>26313432

Be warned, the english dub can be pretty silly at time. Sometimes it takes away from the gravitas of the situation.

Personally, I love the dub, but others will throw a shit fit if you enjoy it.
>>
>>26313383

I like it because it leaves a lot of unanswered questions and unfolds like old mythology. Answers are hinted at here and there, but we are never given a clear picture. I guess that could be annoying to some extent, but it makes for some interesting reading on evageeks.
>>
>>26313364
Try not sounding like Clueless Reactionist Anti-Anime Shitposting Unit #2343125.

>>26313365
>Start here.
Why?

>Keep telling yourself that.
It's true, so why wouldn't I? Are you saying I shoul tell myself things that aren't true?

>>26313376
The anime industry was commercial right from the start, and it's not a monolith where making one anime precludes making another one. It's also ironic that you want an endless repetition of Legend of Galactic Heroes while complaining that Gundam is bad because it's just endless repetition.

Also, making a space opera in a time when space operas and other scifi were very popular was not exactly a bold move. There have been much riskier productions in recent years.
>>
>>26313407
Watch the series and then the EOE movie

Dont bother with the rebuilds, or do. idk
>>
>>26313450
What is silly about it? The only times I thought it was silly was when it was obvious mid-90's dialogue.
>>
>>26313383
I think its impact is going to be a bit less considering you can see its influences on later anime. I'm not really good at persuasion or explaining myself but I guess I'd say that it's more about the characters. At first it's kind of monster of the week but it builds on the psychological issues each of the characters have. and the characters even grow to like and be comfortable around each other but then things start tumbling down. and there are enough things that are implied that a second watch can give much more appreciation for what was written. if you do watch it don't skip the last two tv episodes before EoE
>>
>>26313383
NGE is worth it only for the End of Evangelion movie alone.
It's really great and unusual for an anime.
>>
>>26313407
watch the english sub or the german dub
>>
File: 1422786594930.png (1001KB, 799x600px) Image search: [Google]
1422786594930.png
1001KB, 799x600px
>>26313474

Anime is a genre, not some deep, wild scale medium. It has its own iconography, settings, and reoccuring characters. Girls with colorful hair, high schools, and shy introverts is at least half of all animes.
Also, lets be real nigger: animefags are awkward as fuck.
>>
>>26313529

Sometimes the voice actors can be a bit hammy.
>>
>>26313474
there was a handful of animes like LOGH

there has been about 100 Gundams/knockoffs

in the beginning they were atleast trying new stuff
>>
File: misa_captain.png (548KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
misa_captain.png
548KB, 720x540px
>>26313353
>mecha anime is literally the worst kind of anime next to moe shit

Kill yourself faggot
>>
has anyone watched the yamato remake? I heard good things about it
>>
>>26313645
it's pretty good although I kind of got bored 3/4 through it.
>>
I haven't seen any anime that I actually consider good but I just find it entertaining as fuck
If you stop trying to critically analyze it and just enjoy the stupid shit that happens then it's a lot of fun
Also it's the only form of media that panders to losers and robots and not normies
>>
>>26313580
Anime is not a genre. Scifi, fantasy, romance, action, comedy, historical, magical girl, mecha, sports, harem, ecchi, slice of life, horror, mystery, war... these are genres, and anime has all of them.

>Girls with colorful hair, high schools, and shy introverts is at least half of all animes.
"Girls with colorful hair who go to high school" doesn't tell us anything about the work's genre, subject matter, style or target audience.

>Also, lets be real nigger: animefags are awkward as fuck.
Maybe they are, maybe they aren't. What does that have to do with autism?

>>26313616
It's a lot easier to do new stuff in the beginning of a genre, style, medium or artform The more time passes and the more development occurs the less new things there are to come up with. This is true for everything and has nothing to do with anime in particular. Also, trends come and go and what may have been popular before (space operas) may not be popular anymore.

And why is one series supposed to be such a huge problem anyway? You can just not watch Gundam.
>>
>>26313717
>And why is one series supposed to be such a huge problem anyway? You can just not watch Gundam.

cross pollination, you cant have a space battle anime without fucking Gundams now

God help you if you put realistic battlesuits into it that arent Gundam suits, all the Gundam fans would eat you alive
>>
>>26313785
Mecha is just a popular genre, and was so even before Gundam.
>>
File: migi.jpg (306KB, 490x699px) Image search: [Google]
migi.jpg
306KB, 490x699px
this moved up to my top 5 really fast.
>>
>>26313353
NGE + EOE is much more than a mecha anime man.

It seems like that at first, but then it grows into this crazy psycho-analysis shit.
>>
if you haven't seen at least 500 anime you're a fucking loser who doesn't even reach up to my feet

I am anime
>>
>>26314533
The amount of anime someone has seen doesn't have a very strong correlation with how well they understand anime. People can watch over a thousand anime and yet not understand it any better than someone who's seen ten.
>>
>>26313261
Not him but the ending confused me like fuck, how they just started the HIP and the last two episodes became a clusterfuck of memories and shit. The rest of it was nice though.
>>
>>26314639
Found the cretin.
>>
>>26314612
this is the defense of a tumblr cuck who writes endless blogs about the deep feminist symbolism in muh kill la kill and "attack on titan".

you can sit a dog in front of a screen and force it to watch 1000 anime. such a hypothetical situation though doesn't do the guy who's seen 10 fucking anime and thinks he can talk about it any credit
>>
If you were just honest with yourself about how you just wanted to see cute little girls, you wouldn't be facing this problem, Anon.
>>
>>26308015
If you're a NEET and all you do is watch anime then yeah, you've probably exhausted the lot.
>>
Because. They're. Car. Toons. Cartoons. Cartooooons.

They're simplistic. They're feel good. They appeal to the lowest among us. What the fuck did you expect?
>>
Samurai flamenco was pretty fun.
Maybe not that great, but it was worth watching for me at least.
>>
>>26314696
I have encountered many people who have seen hundreds or even over a thousand anime yet understand and appreciate it no better than someone who's barely seen any anime. In fact this is probably the norm in the West.

>>26314733
Anime and cartoons are two different things.
>>
>>26314762
>I've encountered many people of low intelligence who happen to watch anime
>>
File: banner_362 (1).jpg (40KB, 600x240px) Image search: [Google]
banner_362 (1).jpg
40KB, 600x240px
Watching Black Lagoon now.

It's pretty fun but around episode 11 it gets really weird with the introduction of vampire loli's and shit.

On episode 17 now and it's pretty clear that the show doesn't follow one singular storyline
>>
>>26314786
They can only see things through a Western perspective, which means it's impossible for them to understand anime. They are also very easily swayed by memes and buzzwords which further erodes their ability to understand anything. People who don't watch anime are the same way.
>>
>>26314810
Nah, black lagoon is awesome but it uses whats called arcs

It has mini stories for like 3-4 episodes, has closure, and then moves on to another one

But that fits it because theyre all like bounty hunters doing their own shit, so theyre expected to have different adventures
>>
File: 1380749417928.png (631KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1380749417928.png
631KB, 800x800px
>>26314810
That's the best kind of vampire.
>>
>>26308015
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3433995/Illegal-immigrant-arrested-murder-American-nanny-Austria-took-stop-deported-revealed-raped-underage-girl.html

Enriched.
>>
>>26314930
here you go bud. wrong thresh

>>26312581
>>
>>26314762
I don't think so. Anime can be deep sure, but it's still augmented and distorted animated reality. It's all a cartoon of an idea. It's distanced from life. It can be good, it can also be bad. It's something provoking to be projected upon but it's still, always fake. Cartoon. Caricature. Facsimile. It's easier to see yourself in that over other things.

We can argue semantics but anime is cartoon and caricature.
>>
>>26315038
Cartoon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM1DgihKHVI

Modern American animation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayPhZMExh3c

Anime:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG7Rg_WiXYI

The differences should be self-evident unless you have brain damage.
>>
File: DeltoraQuestED.jpg (115KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DeltoraQuestED.jpg
115KB, 1280x720px
>>26308015
The purpose of anime is escapism. Even bad anime is good if you understand that fundamental truth.
>>
>>26314733
Speaking of Car Toons, Initial D is great
>>
>>26314687
Do tell me how I'm supposed to enjoy watching ~40 minutes of a rushed ending?
>How de we end our series now that kaworu is dead
>le merge all their memories n sheeiiiit
>>
>>26310503
Ergo Proxy? (Skip the game show episode btw, that's worse than filler)
>>
>>26315139
some anime cannot be enjoyed unless there's something wrong with you

find me one respectable person who watched and liked ookamikakushi
>>
Because anime only really survives to advertise manga. That leads to a lot of it being shitty and rushed adaptations that don't go anywhere.

The recent trend of adapting LNs isn't helping, either.
>>
File: dandycrew.jpg (181KB, 1920x1078px) Image search: [Google]
dandycrew.jpg
181KB, 1920x1078px
is this one ok or should i
>>>/leave/
>>
>>26315669
This whole "advertising" thing is a meme. It doesn't mean anything. It's just more bullshit that obscures reality.

LN adaptations are a meme too. There's nothing recent about them.
>>
>>26315771
>calling things a meme

This has to be the dumbest trend in recent years.
>>
>>26315791
I call them memes because that's exactly what they are. People go around saying things like "anime is just advertisements!" or "anime is just still images and mouth flaps! or "anime is nothing but moeshit nowadays!" because they saw other people say it. They don't understand the meaning and implications of anything they're saying.
>>
>>26315821
If anime didn't boost manga sales it would be a dead industry by now

There are maybe 3 original shows a season but several times that amount of shows that are poorly made and never get any more seasons because they've done their job.

Also LN adaptations aren't new, but they are becoming increasingly more popular, which you can tell just by looking at charts over the years.
>>
>>26308113
Saw 4 episodes. So far only people grunting and pretentious bullshit. Coming from someone who likes lain.
>>
>>26315870
Of course anime is also about boosting manga sales, but people have no comprehension of what that actually means and doesn't mean, they just robotically chant memes they picked up somewhere.
>>
>>26315791
It actually is a meme if you follow the actual definition of meme (an idea that spreads to many people within a culture)
>>
>>26308235
I enjoy watching naruto
>>
>>26308015
The majority of literally anything is bad.
>>
>>26315955
Do empty buzzwords make you feel superior?
>>
>>26316064
What empty buzzwords?
>>
>>26308015

But all anime is bad?
>>
>>26317557
You know that isn't true.
>>
>>26317581

Name one?

Anime is just the way autists can experience emotions in the most simplistic manner.
>>
Do people seriously think Kill la Kill is shit? I thought it was pretty comfy to watch desu

Also Ryuko is my Waifu
>>
File: madoka-cast.jpg (1MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
madoka-cast.jpg
1MB, 1600x1200px
>>26317597
puella magi madoka magica
>>
>>26317597
Monster is pretty fantastic
>>
>>26317597
Shiki desu.
>>
>>26317597
>Name one?
Trick question. No matter what anyone names, you'll say it's bad even if you have no idea what it is. Then you'll use that as validation for your position that all anime is bad.

>Anime is just the way autists can experience emotions in the most simplistic manner.
This is a meme.

I think most people will simply believe, instantaneously and without question, any negative thing they hear about anime or Japan.
>>
My normal friends know I watch anime, never get shit from them because I don't go autist mode.

>but i will never tell them I play visual novels
>>
>>26309562
>you have to be a certain person to enjoy anime
immature, undeveloped, autistic, man children and so on
>>
>>26313379
>the focus is not the action

It's angst
>>
>>26318568
Meme.

Are you people even capable of independent thinking?
>>
File: Grumpy_Jii-San_Top_Review_List.jpg (2MB, 2004x2805px) Image search: [Google]
Grumpy_Jii-San_Top_Review_List.jpg
2MB, 2004x2805px
Here's a little treat for the OP and anyone interested.
>>
I really like Digimon: The Movie. Which anime should I watch?
>>
>>26319077
Also, why are there so many more female lead characters in anime? Makes it all seem like a perverts interest.
>>
File: 1406900195906.jpg (183KB, 511x771px) Image search: [Google]
1406900195906.jpg
183KB, 511x771px
>>26318966

Saw all in this list about a year or two ago, they're passable all of them, not sure what he sees in something like Bokurano to give it 5 starts though.
>>
>>26308015
perhaps you are just getting older an growing out of it.
I find myself watching more tvshows than anime now days
>>
Welcome to the NHK

misaki is my waifu
>>
File: anime and toast.png (1MB, 1232x1519px) Image search: [Google]
anime and toast.png
1MB, 1232x1519px
Here's the problem, dearest OP. The Japanese ethos was warped forever by the atomic bomb attacks during WWII. Millions of Japanese men, women, and children were forced to come to terms with the idea of an overwhelmingly powerful entity outside of their control that could wipe them out of existence without warning using unspeakable weapons. They did this, for the most part, by exploring the idea in fiction. Godzilla is one example. Anime is another. If the United States of America were to deploy nuclear weaponry against Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and France, chances are the same thing would happen again: More Godzillas, and more anime. Do you think the world can really handle six animes? In the 1980's, United States President Ronald Reagan developed an idea known as "Mutually-Assured Destruction" (MAD). This philosophy stated that war with Russia would not happen, because there was no way to wage it without both countries being destroyed. I see this same situation today. We cannot nuke more countries for fear of mutually assured destruction when they create more anime. Thank you for your time.
>>
>>26319251
>welcome to the NHK

Thank you friend glad to be here
>>
>>26319098
If you think female characters are perverted, it's just evidence of your own perversion.

In much of "otaku" anime the characters are female because otaku prefer female characters. Anime that targets girls has female characters. And there are a lot of female manga authors who make stories with female characters.
>>
>>26308015
I was left unable to watch any animr after finishing Ashita no Joe. Literally nothing will ever come close to that absolute masterpiece.
>>
>>26319709
It's an incomprehensible idea to me that there is one anime (or game, or movie, or album) that's clearly The Best, and nothing else could ever possibly be as good. It makes no sense.

No matter how good Ashita no Joe is, it's not a better magical girl show than Madoka, or a better mecha show than Evangelion, or a better scifi show than Lain, or a better yuri romance than Aoi Hana. And so on.
>>
>>26319788
They all lack in inspiration compared to AnJ though, the drama feels forced, the plot moves the characters instead of the other way around and their courses feel very predictable.
>>
try new genres you dimwit. most jackasses get burnt out and say this because all you watch is the same shows over and over
>>
>>26319868
You are just making things up. Really, you are. You don't even know the shows I'm referring to (Madoka and Lain are predictable?).

Why are you this fixated on AnJ?
>>
File: 1454861694678.jpg (50KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1454861694678.jpg
50KB, 900x1200px
Posting good anime
>LOGH
>Ping Pong
>The Tatami Galaxy
>Mononoke
>Ayakashi: Classic Japanese Horror Stories
>Kuuchuu Buranko
>Texhnolyze
>Kaiji
>Shigurui
>Detroit Metal City
>Now and Then, Here and There
>>
>>26319923
Madoka is garbage to be honest, shock value episode 3 made it into a meme show.
Using time travel to explain the red thread throughout the episodes and characters is the cheapest garbage, literally everything works with the time travel excuse.
Lets not forget the characters doing their best to act as retarded as possible to make the plot more interesting and that kek explanation of entropy by Kyubi

Lain was alright I guess, but SciFi was never something for me so I am not the best to judge it, the "you were born/created to be an internet god thing was a decently nice idea though.
>>
>>26320002

Thank you, thought I was the only one who couldn't stand Madoka. Haven't seen AnJ so I can't comment on how it'd compare to others, iirc it's sports or something, never really been my thing.
>>
>>26320002
So you have seen at least Madoka, but because of your weird fixation on AnJ you feel compelled to shit on it any way you can, because you can't allow the existence of any good anime except AnJ. I see.

Have you been diagnosed by a psychiatrist yet?
>>
>>26315409
End of Eva helps, to an extent.
>>
>>26319709
>>26319868
autism, pure and true
>>
File: 1374615760059.gif (816KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
1374615760059.gif
816KB, 500x277px
>>26320069

Aww, did he just call your favourite show shit, anon-kun?
>>
>>26320171
>he
why are you referring to yourself in the thirdperson senpai?
>>
>>26320069
You seem like you cant stand the fact that your meme anime is trash.
Watch it again and tell me that the characters arent written to be as stupid as possible.
let me even give you a concret example
It didnt even take a total of 15mins of screentime for Kyoko to go from "Ill beat that new MS up" to sacrificing her life for her.

Their morals and standpoints are as deep as a puddle
>>
>>26320195

Because I'm not him, wakai anon
>>
File: 13b36246bc3db5f6.jpg (42KB, 500x364px) Image search: [Google]
13b36246bc3db5f6.jpg
42KB, 500x364px
>>26320002
>>26320069
I like Madoka a lot but it goes full fucktard in the second half of Rebellion. What were they even thinking
>>
>>26320108
Just watched it, still needed to go to the wiki to understand what the fuck happened, and I have seen Death note.
>>
>>26320171
First he said AnJ is the pinnacle of anime and makes every other anime redundant, which is crazy. Then he replied to >>26319788 with complete nonsense indicating that he isn't even familiar with those shows and was just dismissing them because they aren't AnJ. Then it turns out he has (probably) seen at least Madoka, but his reasons for disliking it are obviously flimsy and seem like they were created just to justify the ultimate superiority of AnJ over all other anime.

He seems to be mentally ill.

>>26320195
Not my post.

>>26320251
Well Rebellion is different. They changed the ending at the last minute to make way for an eventual sequel, and that fucked up everything.
>>
evangelion <3 the best anime EVER
the most iconic <3
i watched knights of sidonia and it was great ..... the protagonist its a little retard but its good and with a good plot
i cant wait for new seasons
>>
>>26320301
>First he said AnJ is the pinnacle of anime and makes every other anime redundant, which is crazy. Then he replied to >>26319788 with complete nonsense indicating that he isn't even familiar with those shows and was just dismissing them because they aren't AnJ. Then it turns out he has (probably) seen at least Madoka, but his reasons for disliking it are obviously flimsy and seem like they were created just to justify the ultimate superiority of AnJ over all other anime.
>He seems to be mentally ill.

I see your reasoning, could probably poke at it here and there but Ima go see Natsumes book of friends now, been really comfy so far. Have a good one!
>>
>>26320301
better stop responding to me when I give you concret points right :^)
>>
>>26320443
>better stop responding to me when I give you concret points right :^)
What are you talking about?
>>
>>26320494
>>26320203

original comment akdjfjfj
>>
>>26320536
Why would I respond to that? It's just more mentally ill drivel that you made up to justify your delusional fixation on AnJ.
>>
>>26320560
Read the comments you wrote and replace AnJ with Madoka.
Reminding you of someone?
>>
>>26320586
I don't have a fixation on Madoka.
>>
File: 4ccc53405c2ad385235346ed2f40b182.jpg (852KB, 750x1713px) Image search: [Google]
4ccc53405c2ad385235346ed2f40b182.jpg
852KB, 750x1713px
Rei is perfect.
>>
File: dio.jpg (18KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
dio.jpg
18KB, 210x240px
>>26314871
The best kind of vampire is the one that will reign over the world.
>>
>>26312150
The GOAT. Yuasa is the man
>>
>>26320608
it really does seem that way though.
whatever, arguing with someone in denial is almost as bad as arguing with someone who has a fixation
>>
>>26320663
she is so fucking perfect <3 i thin im in love with her!
if on the 4.44 rei and shinji kisses.... im gonna be so fucking hard
because on the 2.22 rei and shinji were real close!
>>
>>26320686
It really doesn't seem that way, you are just trying to change the subject.

>whatever, arguing with someone in denial is almost as bad as arguing with someone who has a fixation
The fact that you are mentally ill doesn't mean I'm in denial.
>>
File: 1394843933078.jpg (34KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1394843933078.jpg
34KB, 400x400px
>Tfw you miss your waifu
>Tfw she never sleeps next to you anymore
>Tfw she's not there in the mornings anymore

Make it stop Konata, you're all I need now.
>>
>>26320804
What happened to you're waifu?
>>
Watch Erased, OP. It's the only anime this season that isn't otaku pander or simplified shounen.
>>26308105
>Monogatari series and KLK
Those are just as, if not more otaku pandering than most of the garbage put out now a days.
>>
>>26320850
>otaku pandering
Meme. Myth. Does not exist.
>>
>>26308105
Monogatari is the crown jewel of autismo anime senpai
>>
>>26320275
What the fuck does Death Note have to deal with this? Death Note is pretty simple. As is Eva if you dumb it down enough. Well, the plot anyways.
>>
File: Ashita-no-Joe.png (191KB, 620x320px) Image search: [Google]
Ashita-no-Joe.png
191KB, 620x320px
Watch Ashita no Joe anon. Watch up to episode 54 of AnJ1 and you can move on to AnJ2.

Episode 43 of AnJ1 is not subbed though so you'll have to read the manga for that.

It's fucking fantastic.

Also Legend of the Galactic Heroes.
>>
>>26320900
Are you telling me they make all these simple battle high school harems because they want to?
>>
File: 1439305116700.jpg (8KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1439305116700.jpg
8KB, 240x240px
Manga > Visual novels > Anime
sorry, but that's just how the cookie crumbles. I like anime don't get me wrong, but I like being able to control the speed at which I read and not having to watch characters fart around for 8 episodes when I could have read through that part in less than an hour
>>
>>26320900
If you don't see that the industry panders to a certain demographic for the most part, you're probably the one being catered to.

/r/ that image of the animator and director explaining how they have to limit their creativity to ensure the show sells.
>>
>>26320804
I lost her. I don't know if it's because I don't have a job, or if it's because I was always such a paranoid crazy person. But regardless. She's gone, and that's not going to change.
>>
>>26320804
>Konata
what happened dude
tell us
>>
>>26315901
Keep watching. The first four episodes are an endurance test the first time through. Once you've seen the whole series, go back and rewatch them and you'll understand.
>>
>>26320958
>you will never watch AnJ for the first time again

Why do I have to remember?

>>26320974
VNs are in majority as unimaginative as Anime nowadays.
>>
>>26321000
She had too much one day, and just up and left. It was my fault and that makes it hurt even more. I can't undo the past. I wish It wouldn't be the way it is. I just love her so much. It's gunna be okay though I have Konata and things won't be the same with her. I've changed.
>>
File: 1454697374038.jpg (142KB, 1339x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1454697374038.jpg
142KB, 1339x1024px
>>26321060
i know the feel u.u
be strong robot!
>>
>>26321008
>tfw want to be as invested as I was in AnJ with another anime
>AnJ made me get more into boxing than I was before
>try Ippo
>for some unknown reason I can't bring myself to watch it consistently up to the episode right before Ippo fights the big black guy in that tournament

Why?
>>
>>26308105
>look guys i know about autism isn't that hilarious every autistic person is the same
>>
>>26320971
>>26320981
Pandering theory posits that there are two wholly separate groups of people in anime: creators and otaku. Creators are not otaku, and otaku are not creators. Creators want to make anime like Cowboy Bebop, Akira and Ghost in the Shell, while otaku only want "moeshit" and "haremshit." Otaku have either managed to somehow coerce creators into making "otaku anime" against their will, or creators have volunteered to "pander" to them because it makes money.

THIS IS ALL COMPLETELY WRONG.

Creators and otaku are not separate groups of people. Otaku work as manga artists, light novel writers, game designers, anime directors, anime writers, animators, character designers, and voice actors, and so on. Otaku have been a vital part of manga, anime, light novels and games, both as professionals and as amateurs, for decades. Otaku also have broader interests than just "moeshit" and "haremshit" (which are memes and not real things).

You are just projecting your own negative opinions onto creators ("I don't like this thing, therefore the creators were just 'pandering' when they made it because they didn't like it either").
>>
>>26309523
>muh objective
you fags are the worst of the worst
kill yourself you fucking cuckold
>>
>>26321097
I've moved on is what I like to tell my self, but I still think about her. I want to make my life like it was then, and Konata does that for me. The good memories aren't worth forgetting. But sometimes they do hurt.
>>
>>26321211
you are not in /b/ fuckface
this is a place for robots.
>>
>>26321188
>otaku
You do know that otaku means shut in right?
>>
>>26321234
You are legitimately mentally ill and need immediate psychiatric intervention. It's probably schizophrenia.
>>
>>26321126
AnJ and Ippo are extremely different apart from the fact that the protags arw boxers.
Ippo has the shonen formula in fights, he gets his ass kicked for 9 rounds and is out of breath but thanks to willpower and samurai blood he ends up victorious in the end, sure it hypes you but thats pretty much it.
Joe shows the sport in a non dreamy way, its horrible consequences, the struggle you have to go through to keep yourself relevant.
Joe's journey through boxing changed him from a heartless asshole who only fights for himself into someone who understands the suffering of others, especially his enemies for whom he keeps getting in the ring ( still for himself as well though)
>>
>>26321247
that has nothing to do with my post you fucking idiot
>implying something can be objectively good or bad
Opinions are subjective
>>
>>26321257
No, it doesn't. This, like so many other things, is a myth.
>>
>>26321263
I'm hoping Legend of the Galactic Heroes can fill that hole.
>>
File: smug chef.jpg (25KB, 325x236px) Image search: [Google]
smug chef.jpg
25KB, 325x236px
>>26321188
>Implying otaku can't pander to otaku
>Implying it's not executive decisions that push for otaku friendly source material to be animated because they'll bring in the yen
I mean we can either believe your words or the words of people in the industry.
>>26321257
That's "hikkikomori"
>>
File: dont understand.jpg (29KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
dont understand.jpg
29KB, 346x346px
>>26321262
no. hes not.
aere you a normie ?
can't you see the big picture of this ?
he is not ill.
he is a robot. so screw you.
>>
File: SsGeqgu.png (670KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SsGeqgu.png
670KB, 1200x1200px
You can only "get" anime if you're a robot
Anime is made for otaku - the social outcasts of Japanese society
As a matter of fact, anime is probably the only form of mainstream media targeted specifically at non-normies
So if you're a normalfag, fuck off with your "hurr durr anime sucks" bullshit
It's not made for you and you have no right to have an opinion
>>
File: 1336390868009.gif (67KB, 457x461px) Image search: [Google]
1336390868009.gif
67KB, 457x461px
>>26321262
No, she's real and I'm sure everyone would agree on that fact. Except for a few people, here's the thing though, she made me feel. And she loved me so much. That's what matters in the end. Maybe this isn't even the end? Not worth getting into that though.
>>
>>26321301
Didnt do the job for me, still a great anime though.
>>
>>26314639
>can't into experimental storytelling

Fuck off, pleb.
>>
>>26321262
Waifufags induce that medical illness themselves, no offense though since I might end up like that eventually as well
>>
>>26320719
I hate your kind tbqh
>>
>>26321303
>Implying otaku can't pander to otaku
If an otaku is a person who loves "moe," why would he/she be engaging in pandering when he/she makes a "moe" story?

>Implying it's not executive decisions that push for otaku friendly source material to be animated because they'll bring in the yen
In most cases a studio is hired to adapt something. They don't choose the material themselves. In any case, how do you know how the anime production team feels about the material? You just assume they hate it just because you hate it. That's nothing but projection.

>I mean we can either believe your words or the words of people in the industry.
I.e. one unnamed person making a vague comment.

>>26321307
No, he is mentally ill.

>>26321313
Not all of it is made for otaku.
>>
>>26321442
No matter what you say I still love her. And I know deep down she still loves me, even if it's thoughts that only occur to her in the back of her mind. You, not anymore, can take away the love we had.
>>
File: 1453256903422.jpg (28KB, 600x726px) Image search: [Google]
1453256903422.jpg
28KB, 600x726px
Honestly I'm having the same problem.

My friends love anime and are total otakus who want to travel to Japan and become certified gaijin weaboos and only think 2D is the way to be and all this. I've tried my absolute hardest to get into the shows they recommend but I just fucking can't, I feel like an awful friend sometimes. Anime and JRPGs mean the world to them, it's all they really seem to like but I don't watch it nearly as much and the stuff I do watch just gets on my nerves.

Toradora, Monogatari, Madoka, Chuunybio, Lucky Star, Fruits Basket, all that shit they adore more than anything and tell me "moe is life, if an anime isn't moe it isn't a good anime" but I FUCKING HATE IT GODDAMN IT IT'S SO STUPID. If I have to watch even 30 seconds of another goddamn self important high school romance anime I'm gonna kill someone, I don't get how anyone can watch literally the same plot again and again with the same characters that squeel and overreact to everything, it isn't funny and the cute factor wears after the thousandth time seeing the same girl with pink/purple/blue hair pop a cat face. And then they just turn around and tell me that I have shit taste or that I'm an autist who doesn't get good art.

So fucking sorry I don't want to sit through 100+ episodes of moe garbage but I know anime has more to offer than that. I loved Monster, Mushishi, Nichijou, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Baccano, Yuru Yuri, Gocchiusa, K-On, old Toonami shit, and the most recent one I can think of liking was that one about the transfer student or whatever helping a ghost girl that has the hots for him solve her own murder, I can't remember the name of it though. I tend to like anime movies a bit more just because they're more concise and I don't have to watch 20 hours worth of filler for a 4 hour plot but maybe that's just me
>>
>>26321721
> I don't get how anyone can watch literally the same plot again and again with the same characters that squeel and overreact to everything, it isn't funny and the cute factor wears after the thousandth time seeing the same girl with pink/purple/blue hair pop a cat face.
This is just the same old boilerplate criticism you hear even from people who've never actually watched anime.

>So fucking sorry I don't want to sit through 100+ episodes of moe garbage but I know anime has more to offer than that. I loved Monster, Mushishi, Nichijou, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Baccano, Yuru Yuri, Gocchiusa, K-On, old Toonami shi
Yuru Yuri, Gochiusa and K-On are orthodox "moe" shows.
>>
File: 1352911101729.jpg (22KB, 280x350px) Image search: [Google]
1352911101729.jpg
22KB, 280x350px
>>26321822
>>26321721
What is Nichijou?
>>
>>26321914
I think it leans more in the comedy direction, so I wouldn't necessarily group it together with shows like K-On.
>>
>>26321822
It's a standard criticism because it's true, though. How can there be so many shows that are literally exactly the same?

And yeah, orthodox moe shows, sure but they're not complete moe shit and they have something to offer outside of just "kawaii xxxD"

Yuru Yuri's got raunchier humour that's actually well written that you don't see in most anime, Gochiusa's got an interesting setting where the main characters aren't hypertypical cutouts and it focuses almost exclusively on them, it's like a funnier version of Lucky Star, and K-On is also well written on top of being centered around rock music. Besides Detroit Metal City or FLCL to a certain extent (which I also really liked) I don't know any other anime that has such a focus on music.
>>
>>26308015
because its only about looking cute and not the actual story
>>
>>26321721
> I loved Monster, Mushishi, Nichijou, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Baccano, Yuru Yuri, Gocchiusa, K-On, old Toonami shit, and the most recent one I can think of liking was that one about the transfer student or whatever helping a ghost girl that has the hots for him solve her own murder, I can't remember the name of it though. I tend to like anime movies a bit more just because they're more concise and I don't have to watch 20 hours worth of filler for a 4 hour plot but maybe that's just me

You just have great taste, your friends are moe-shit loving faggots keep it up anon.
You might like code geass
>>
>>26322021
>It's a standard criticism because it's true, though.
It isn't. It's just memes.

>And yeah, orthodox moe shows, sure but they're not complete moe shit and they have something to offer outside of just "kawaii xxxD"
What exactly are you comparing them to?
>>
>Dislike moe
>Dislike slice of life settings in schools
>Dislike harems
>Dislikes magical high fantasy stuff
>like developing characters
>like character arcs
>like good animation and style
>like story progression and short series
>like monogatari series but dislike the fanservice of it

Its a fucking nightmare finding anime I like, its just filled to the brim with schlock, it doesnt mean its bad which it is, just it doesnt appeal to me and its a nightmare finding good shit

I have more luck with mangas
>vagabonds
>berserk
>vinland
>Moteki
>Blame
>punpun
>onari master
>gantz for popcorn manga fun

good art and good story is a plus not just generic insert mc and big titted 12 yr old girls, jesus christ no.

unless theres a unique twist to it

>wheres my graffiti anime
>wheres my art anime
>wheres my subverting tropes anime
>wheres my anime about a mc getting rid of his harem and hooking up classmates like a cupid so every boy type and every girl type wins
>wheres my anime that a random student sits in the mc chair and that single episode is about their story so every mc type gets to shine

ANIME HAS CHANGED
>>
File: 13444551092.jpg (46KB, 472x626px) Image search: [Google]
13444551092.jpg
46KB, 472x626px
>>26321991
Where would you place this anime?
>>
>>26322103
>generic insert mc
>big titted 12 yr old girls
Memes.
>>
File: 1454788302435.jpg (66KB, 437x437px) Image search: [Google]
1454788302435.jpg
66KB, 437x437px
>>26322090
>no yuo r lying xd
>fucking self evidence
please go to hell
>>
>>26322182
What are you talking about? Are you even replying to the right post?
>>
>>26322222
wow nice
very very nice
>>
>>26322090
The stuff that I listed before that I had seen and disliked like

>Toradora, Monogatari, Madoka, Chuunybio, Lucky Star, Fruits Basket
As I said in my original post.
To further compare:

>Haruhi Suzumiya, Love Live, Clannad, Acchi Kocchi, Sakura Trick
Or anything that usually takes place in a high school.

>>26322057
Thanks for the recommendation, anon, I've never seen it before but I know it's fairly well known.
>>
>>26322162
bullshit anonkun
>>
>>26322253
What the fuck???

>>26322259
I think you are extremely confused about the meaning of moe, and are just using it as a buzzword to mean "a thing that I don't like."

>>26322265
No. Those are memes.
>>
>>26322306
tropes anon big difference
>>
>>26322103
>Dislike moe
>Dislike slice of life settings in schools
>Dislikes magical high fantasy stuff

>unless theres a unique twist to it

Madoka
>>
File: 1452778408040.jpg (204KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452778408040.jpg
204KB, 716x960px
>>26322306
>extremely confused
From what I understand "moe" just means "stupidly cute shit" so unless that's a fundamental misunderstanding of moe, then I don't think I'm confused, I think I just don't like it.

I think cute can work just fine but not as the basis of the entire show. When it revolves around getting the audience to just yell "so kawaii, anon-chan!~" then it's just stupid. If it has a point and some sort of decent plot or decent writing then I'll enjoy it but most of the time it comes off as autistic people with Peter Pan syndrome desperately trying to relive their young adolescents.

I apologize if that's the entire point of anime in general but I guess I don't have that reverence for my childhood.
>>
>>26321721
>if an anime isn't moe, it isn't a good anime"

People like this don't exist do they? Moe along with ecchi is the most cancerous thing in anime.
>>
>>26322348
I am not talking about tropes. I am talking about memes. Not the same thing.

>>26322399
Moe is a feeling of love/affection/excitement caused by anime/game/manga character. Moe anime could be thought of as anime that strongly emphasizes or exclusively features bishoujo characters (but this doesn't apply in all cases, e.g. Sailor Moon). So a moe anime could mean many things.

In the most narrow possible interpretation, moe anime means shows like K-On, Yuru Yuri, Hidamari Sketch and Gochiusa.

>When it revolves around getting the audience to just yell "so kawaii, anon-chan!~" then it's just stupid.
This is a meme and not an accurate representation of moe anime.

>most of the time it comes off as autistic people with Peter Pan syndrome desperately trying to relive their young adolescents.
Meme.

>>26322506
Casual Western viewers don't get to decide what constitutes "cancer" in anime.
>>
>>26322604
>Casual western viewers

The fuck? And are you one of those faggots the anon was talking about that only watches moeshit?
>>
>>26322604
moe is trash
>>
File: 1393142852039.jpg (284KB, 600x688px) Image search: [Google]
1393142852039.jpg
284KB, 600x688px
>>26322671
>>26322690
You are trash.
>>
>>26322671
>The fuck?
Is there a problem?

>And are you one of those faggots the anon was talking about that only watches moeshit?
Why would I be?

>>26322690
"Moe," in the sense that you're using it, doesn't mean anything. Which is funny because you're replying to a post where I just explained what it means.
>>
>>26322727
What would you rather watch, Ashita no Joe or Lucky Star?
>>
>>26322506
Go on any anime/gaming message board and you'll usually find a bunch of stereotypical people who only watch anime for the cute girls. It's pretty cringey but that shit happens more often than you might think.

>>26322604
>Moe is a feeling of love/affection/excitement caused by anime/game/manga character.

So now moe just means "liking a character"?

I mean, I think I get what you're trying to say, that it's specific to the big eyed so kawaii's but then also... not somehow? And every criticism I have for it is just a meme that isn't actually my own thought?

Okay yeah, I guess I just don't get it.
>>
>>26322745
what is your fuckin obsession with ashita no joe
>>
>>26322783
Because Joe a best.
>>
>>26322765
>So now moe just means "liking a character"?
What do you mean "now"? That's what it has always meant.

>I mean, I think I get what you're trying to say, that it's specific to the big eyed so kawaii's but then also... not somehow?
No? I never said anything like that. I don't even know what you're talking about.

>And every criticism I have for it is just a meme that isn't actually my own thought?
Virtually every negative statement made about anime or some aspect of anime, whether by those outside or inside the anime community, is some kind of meme.
>>
Anime is pretty good for a medium that has only really been relevant for a few decades in a single country. I can say I've seen about 400 anime that were worth watching with artistic value.
>>
>>26321393
fuck off.
noonecares
suck it.
>>
>>26322864
>I've seen about 400 anime
Imagine the skills you could have learned during that time.
>>
>watch TTGL, evangelion, and death note
THAT'S IT. ALL OF THE GOOD STUFF HAS BEEN WATCHED. TIME TO WAIT UNTIL THE LAST EVANELLYON FILM COMES OUT AND THEN NEVER WATCH ANIME AGAIN

A very select few shows are good, but the rest is all shit.
>>
>>26322884
Imagine the skills you could learn if you didn't spend all your time shitposting on /r9k/.
>>
>>26322884
No need for life skills, I just experience life vicariously through media instead.
>>
>>26322892
Translation: "I've seen the five or so mega popular anime everyone always talks about, and I read on the Internet that all the rest is shit. And who am I to question anything I read on the Internet?"

Another fine meme post.
>>
File: 1454814925981.jpg (72KB, 427x960px) Image search: [Google]
1454814925981.jpg
72KB, 427x960px
>>26322892
death note isn't good
>>
File: 4e1df1ff-s.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4e1df1ff-s.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
>>26322745
>Ashita no Joe
>boxing
Sounds niggerish. I'll watch Konata.
>>
>>26322924
Actually I have watched a lot of anime. At least, after I watched TTGL, eva, and death note I watched a lot of anime. I thought there would be more good anime out there. But nope. It's all shit aside from that. There is a reason why it's popular. It's because it's good, you idiot. I am sure there are other good shows out there, but the fact of the matter is that nearly all of it is tripe.

>>26322930
But it is. It's actually smart, and captivating to watch. Which is more than what I can say for the other 99% of anime.
>>
File: 1454847088086.jpg (20KB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
1454847088086.jpg
20KB, 500x502px
>>26322980
>death note
>smart
just stop posting
>>
File: 1444809420009.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1444809420009.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>26308015
What is worth watching anon ?
>>
>>26323007
It is. Seeing light go from a little babby who wants to make the world great again, to a proper madman, and all of the antics that go along with it, with him trying to achieve his goals without getting caught. It's very interesting and you think a lot when watching it.

But because it's a babby's first anime, no one takes it seriously. But it's babby's first anime for a reason -- it's very good.
>>
>>26322980
So you are confusing preference with quality, i.e. "I, an average Westerner, don't prefer this, and therefore it's bad."
>>
>>26323043
eva
monster
nichijou
GTO
madoka
ping pong
FLCL
steins;gate
usagi drop
>>
>>26323089
But exluding pedoshit, death note is very popular in nipnongchingchongland, too. So it's not just my inferior western tastes.

>>26323104
glad someone got it
>>
>>26310503
Mononoke is perfect for you (not princess mononoke)
>>
>>26323054
>Seeing light go from a little babby who wants to make the world great again, to a proper madman, and all of the antics that go along with it, with him trying to achieve his goals without getting caught.
There is absolutely nothing intellectual about this.
Death Note has an interesting theme but doesn't really explore it at all, it's mostly just concerned with being a thriller that will shock you with its next plot twist. Similar issue that Breaking Bad had its in latter seasons.
>>
>>26323043
see (unoriginal comment bloxxxx)
>>26319979
>>
>>26323151
What pedoshit?

>death note is very popular in nipnongchingchongland, too. So it's not just my inferior western tastes.
I never said or implied Death Note isn't popular in Japan or that anything popular in the West cannot be popular in Japan.
>>
Most anime movies are fantastic, but I agree most shows are complete shit. My top 9 are

death note
code geass
psycho pass
nana
fate/zero
steins;gate
baccano
now and then, here and there
white album 2
>>
Watch jojos or kaiji. Legit anime right there.
>>
>>26323281
>most shows are complete shit
Meme.
>>
Anybody read or watched anything where there's usually some sort of new game being played? Something like Liar Game, Kaiji, or SaW
>>
>>26323318
But they are. 90% of all anime is complete unwatchable trash pandering to manchildren. There's no thought put into them at all. It's just the same shit over and over again.
>>
>>26323318
He is right, but that statement applies to all media.
The problem with anime is that most people go from Eva/Death Note to the shitty FOTM anime recommended by 13 year olds instead of watching older and more obscure classics.
>>
File: PPE4tongue.png (260KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
PPE4tongue.png
260KB, 640x360px
>>26308015
Pripara is best
>>
>>26323359
>pandering
Meme.

>manchildren
Meme.

>There's no thought put into them at all. It's just the same shit over and over again.
Meme.

>>26323366
>He is right, but that statement applies to all media.
Meme.

This is just sad.
>>
File: 1451287138479.jpg (22KB, 362x358px) Image search: [Google]
1451287138479.jpg
22KB, 362x358px
>>26308015
>Why is the majority of anime so fucking bad?

Same thing can be said about literally every entertainment medium, everything is relative you fucking dumbass.

THERE CAN ONLY BE GOOD ANIME IF THERE ALSO EXIST THOUSANDS OF TRASH ANIME, THATS JUST HOW THIS SHIT WORKS ANON GOD FUCKING DAMN I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO FUCKING EXPLAIN THIS TO YOU.
>>
>>26323392
>Meme
Meme.
This is just sad.
Meme.
Meme.
Meme.
Meme.
>>
File: Btooom!6.png (225KB, 659x371px) Image search: [Google]
Btooom!6.png
225KB, 659x371px
>>26323345
I really liked Btooom, which is a survivor game. And I guess Death Parade and Deadman Wonderland are like that also
>>
>>26323392
Certified anime expert, I'm pretty much aware of every anime in existence (there are roughly around 4000 considering different seasons/OVAs of the same franchise tied together). Not even kidding, I've completed ~1000 anime and have seen an episode or two of many more than that. Most anime is shit.
>>
>>26323392
Whatever helps you sleep, manchild
>>
>>26323469
They are memes and that's why I call them memes. It's not my fault they are memes and that people are posting them in this thread.

Memes have become the dominant, practically exclusive form of criticism towards anime and aspects of anime. There are no more original thoughts or even any thinking at all. Everyone just keeps recycling the exact same ideas using the exact same words, over and over again. Even people who've never watched anime repeat these same things.

>>26323507
Meme. And no, it makes no difference that you're an "anime expert." People can watch even thousands of anime yet still miraculously understand nothing.

>>26323521
I have no trouble sleeping and I'm not a manchild.
>>
>>26314837
Could you explain further?

Oh well, you've probably left the thread.
>>
>>26319979
>That moment when someone reccomends a list of anime and you've seen none of them
I am in the process of watching LOGH though.
>>
>>26323650
>People can watch even thousands of anime yet still miraculously understand nothing.
In reality that's very unlikely.
That's much more common with people who have only seen a few hundred anime because it's easy to stay inside a niche and never branch out, for example, never watching anime pre-00s.
If you've seen thousands of anime you've probably dipped in everything that anime has to offer and have developed a general understanding, even if you do not have an artistic/literary background to analyze media which I assume is the real point you are trying to make.
>>
>>26314837
>They can only see things through a Western perspective, which means it's impossible for them to understand anime

This can't be a serious post. No one can be this retarded
>>
File: 1453635916592.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453635916592.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>26314837
>>26323650
>it's impossible for them to understand anime
>People can watch even thousands of anime yet still miraculously understand nothing.

Yes, anime is deep and edgy that no one but a hardcore weeb manchild can "understand" the complex underlying themes in anime. For a retard that keeps bitching about memes, you are literally a walking meme. Try killing yourself.
>>
>>26323818
For example, they keep whining that SoL anime is bad because "nothing happens," there's no "character development," the characters are "one dimensional," and there's no "plot." This is because they can only understand SoL through conventional Western narratives and ideas.

They keep whining that some anime is "pedophilic," "misogynistic," "sexist" and "objectifying" because their Western perspective is that fiction is always an extension of and a reflection of reality, and they can't understand the idea that anime can be a fantasy separate from reality and real people.

They keep whining that some anime is "otaku pandering" because they've not bothered learning anything at all about Japanese culture and society and the anime industry, and just make assumptions based on their personal opinions and how things work in the West.

Or they'll insert some political and social issues into anime, the anime industry and Japanese society that are only relevant in America.

And so on.

>>26323907
>In reality that's very unlikely.
In reality I've seen it many times. Not "thousands of anime," but hundreds or over a thousand. There is often no material difference between a veteran and a newbie. Some people just can't or won't understand anything no matter how many decades they spend watching anime.

>>26324004
Anime is a product of Japanese culture, society, history and language, and the otaku subculture. No, I think it's you who is retarded here.

>>26324071
What makes you think I was talking about the stories and themes in anime and how "deep" they are?
>>
Watch berserk (the 1997 series, not the movies). The music alone should convince you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZa0Yh6e7dw

Read the manga afterwards, since it ends on a cliffhanger.
>>
>>26324115
>Or they'll insert some political and social issues into anime, the anime industry and Japanese society that are only relevant in America.
I only see this on tumblr and stupid blogs.
>>
>>26308105
alt-j blows, though
>>
>>26324115
Could you link your anime list, if you have one?
>>
>>26324115
>Anime is a product of Japanese culture, society, history and language, and the otaku subculture. No, I think it's you who is retarded here.
This sounds incredibly weeaboo and delusional. Most Japanese film directors and novelists that are acclaimed in Japan also have international renown, someone like Yasujiro Ozu for example is appreciated because of how intrinsically Japanese his films are. Your point doesn't hold because it's not like Japanese themselves consider the vast majority of anime to be anything more than otaku filth, unless you're now going to say that otaku subculture is some sort of underappreciated cultural and intellectual pinnacle.
>>
>>26324169
It's routine in the Western anime community.

>>26324187
I used to have one before my IP address was banned from MAL for making comments critical of social justice or feminism. Why do you want to see it anyway?
>>
>>26324205
>This sounds incredibly weeaboo and delusional.
It's factually correct and should be a matter of common sense.

>Most Japanese film directors and novelists that are acclaimed in Japan also have international renown, someone like Yasujiro Ozu for example is appreciated because of how intrinsically Japanese his films are.
And?

>Your point doesn't hold because it's not like Japanese themselves consider the vast majority of anime to be anything more than otaku filth
Meme.
>>
File: castleonthehill.jpg (111KB, 750x568px) Image search: [Google]
castleonthehill.jpg
111KB, 750x568px
this >>26324144
Perfect anime for a robot, it might even inspire some of you to stop being NEET losers.

>that speech he gives to princess charlotte
>>
>>26324115
>Anime is a product of Japanese culture, society, history and language, and the otaku subculture. No, I think it's you who is retarded here.

Actually, otaku has a very negative term in Japan and they are ostracized. Most people in Japan hate otaku and don't associate with them. Keep deluding yourself into thinking you're a special snowflake though. I realize it's the only thing you have to hold your fragile ego together and stopping you from killing yourself
>>
>>26324247
>Actually, otaku has a very negative term in Japan and they are ostracized. Most people in Japan hate otaku and don't associate with them.
Meme.

>Keep deluding yourself into thinking you're a special snowflake though.
How have I said or implied I'm a special snowflake?

>I realize it's the only thing you have to hold your fragile ego together and stopping you from killing yourself
Is this projection? Or what? I have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>26324144
>>26324234
Good shit. Behelit was always a great track too. Very eerie.
>>
File: 570.gif (131KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
570.gif
131KB, 600x337px
>>26324115
Get rekt retard
>>
>>26308015
is this a thinly veiled recommendation thread?

great teacher onizuka
>>
>>26324284
>Anime was a mistake
Meme (he never said that, someone made it up).
>>
>>26324234
I empathized with his speech for bit. But I don't dream anymore - I don't protect anything.
>>
File: 500.gif (2MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
500.gif
2MB, 371x209px
>>26324284
adsdas
>>
>>26324209
>It's routine in the Western anime community.
I just don't see it too much. I mainly hang around on reddit and /a/ (not so much anymore). There were quite a few idiots on reddit who claim that fanservice in their favorite show (especially Kill la Kill) is a "parody" and the creator really doesn't like fanservice.
>I used to have one before my IP address was banned from MAL for making comments critical of social justice or feminism. Why do you want to see it anyway?
Because you seem like an interesting person and i would like to see what kinda anime you've watched and how you've rated them.
>>
File: 1394313164771.jpg (98KB, 583x800px) Image search: [Google]
1394313164771.jpg
98KB, 583x800px
I thought the same thing OP, then I realized, I'd consumed far more anime than I had western television or even film, and that most everything is just vapid mediocrity.

Each new story you consume applies a sort of depreciating value to the next story you consume, because story structures are finite.

This is why you eventually grow up and watch moe to relax and read nonfiction only.
>>
>>26308105
Alt J is for underage girls
>>
>>26324299
I think they call this delusional disorder. Seek help
>>
>>26324275
You are a special snowflake because you insist on there being some implicit value in anime that only you can appreciate while considering any sort of generally held consensus to be a "meme". You're probably the most delusional anime fan in existence.
>>
File: f1b.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
f1b.gif
1MB, 371x209px
werwe
>>
Those Miyazaki subtitles are not accurate. I've seen the movie and that's not what he actually says.
>>
>>26324333
I'm delusional because someone made up a quote?

>>26324343
I'm not the only person with comprehensive knowledge of anime, so I'm not a special snowflake. But I am part of a very small group of people.

>while considering any sort of generally held consensus to be a "meme".
They are memes because they are incorrect and because people keep mindlessly repeating them almost word for word without having any idea what they might mean.
>>
>>26324446
You claim you know a lot, but you don't really display that knowlodge other than calling other people's claims bullshit.
>>
>>26309556
>a style of Japanese film/television animation
>berserk
yes
>>
>>26324505
Even I get tired of explaining over, over and over again why meme #758 is wrong.
>>
Moeshit is audiovisual morphine. Lethal dose, etc.
>>
File: 1361418392061.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1361418392061.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>26308015

I know this feel. I like action animes and I don't notice a lot of them now.

Everything can be summed up as "cute/sexy girls doing cute/sexy things!" it seems. Well, that's what the sexually-suppressed fanbase wants. It's spilling over into Western comics now too.
>>
>>26324275
>>Actually, otaku has a very negative term in Japan and they are ostracized. Most people in Japan hate otaku and don't associate with them.
>Meme.

Retard. Myizaki still hates "people" like you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5KxyTT-zMM
>>
every fucking anime is always about some autistic teen and there's always A fucking high school in EVERYTHING. Even anime that start off interesting end with the fucking same old tropes.

I liked bebop but honestly is there anything else worth watching
>>
>>26324284
>>26324313
>>26324353
Miyazaki: Maybe I'm an eccentric. Only one plane I want to make. And for only one person. Not a typical plane fanatic. I don't like Zero fanatics. They're otakus, it's a fetish. They're just obsessed over it. Otakus don't ever learn anything.
>>
>>26324664
Looking at Anichart for this season, there are probably over ten action shows.

However, it seems that the power of meme compels you:
>Everything can be summed up as "cute/sexy girls doing cute/sexy things!" it seems.
The meme said so, so it must be true.

>>26324715
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2014/02/01/are-you-otaku-roughly-40-percent-of-japanese-college-students-say-yes/
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-01-10/girls-und-panzer-goods-bring-windfall-to-coastal-japanese-town/.97366
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-12-01/hello-kitty-cafe-teams-up-with-monogatari-series/.81627
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-01-12/love-live-girls-tie-on-aprons-for-family-restaurant-collab/.97500
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-01-30/top-39-grossing-domestic-japanese-films-of-2015-listed/.98019 (look at #8 / #9)
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-01-17/explore-heartland-of-anime-with-seiyu-life-characters/.97631
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Densha_Otoko

Miyazaki is something of a meme too, because people think everything he says is the Word of God and he is the ultimate supreme expert on all things anime and otaku. The reality is that he is just at convinient appeal to apparent authority and nothing more. He hasn't been involved in TV anime since the early 80s, and has probably not watched it since then either. Of course he is also not involved with otaku culture. So what does he know? Nothing.

>>26324746
Meme.
>>
File: Osamu-Tezuka-bitchplease.png (163KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
Osamu-Tezuka-bitchplease.png
163KB, 500x330px
Miyazaki has said a lot of stupid shit throughout the years, and thrown shit at pretty much everyone in the industry and society in general.
>>
>>26324578
>Even I get tired of explaining over, over and over again why meme #758 is wrong.
>wrong
Yeah. How about you talk about what is correct?
>>
>>26325243
He would if the term "meme" didn't make up half his vocabulary
>>
>>26310503
Mushi shi. Old Japanese ghost busting
>>
>>26324560
pretty sure hes saying the manga is better
which it is, by far
>>
Anime should stay the way it is to keep you fuckers who bitch and moan about toonami classics out. It's repetitive and pandering with cute characters because it's like a visual drug to make you feel good on a bad day. One of the only mediums where you can repeat a characters life with a chance of a different outcome; I'm sure you've also had moments where you said to yourself "man I wish I can go back in time to that one point and enjoy it all over again." Well that's what anime is. Understand this simple fact losers.
>>
>>26326548
>Understand this simple fact losers.

Oh, I'M the loser. Whatever you say buddy.
>>
>>26308173
>kaiba
mynigga.jpg
>>
>>26313409
Shinji is a fucking faggot pussy with a fuckable boipuccy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Qlfqk0Doc
>>
File: 1452611419654.jpg (15KB, 500x330px) Image search: [Google]
1452611419654.jpg
15KB, 500x330px
>>26326673
yeah you are a loser
>>
>>26308015
Cause it is escapism.
>>
>>26324868

>The meme said so, so it must be true.

Well when anyone brings the subject up, that's all they talk about. Don't blame me for /a/'s shitty taste.
>>
90% of anything is always going to be shit.

Anyway, animes are targeted to the Japanese population, even though a lot do cross the Pacific and become mainstream in the US.
Japanese culture is very regimented and has very high expectation of its citizens.
A lot of Japanese feel like they've "wasted their youth" in pursuing goals like studying hard to graduate from a top-tier school or finding a respectable well-paying job.
That's why a lot of animes have a focus on teenagers, friendships, and doing whatever the fuck they want.
This freedom that they see in animation, is what attracts so many Japanese, and friendless autists overseas. They want to pretend to know what's it's like to be young, free,adventurous, and with lots of friends.
>>
>>26310340
>not playing the most electrifying character in smash
>>
File: 1454883101247.gif (270KB, 500x407px) Image search: [Google]
1454883101247.gif
270KB, 500x407px
Have you watched Umaru?

Umaru is cute.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 67

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.